Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8805 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

justice league of ..........amazons?

wonderfan409

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By wonderfan409

with all the different leagues out there do think its time for an all female team----named JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMAZONS----and of course looking at the name wonder woman would be the leader,the team mates however is up to u guys but being the person that i am i would like to share my idea's:-----------first off since batwoman and WW already know each other she would be at the top of my list----------mera, because i kind of like her and she's pretty badass-----jade don't know if she is in the new 52 but if not its a great way to introduce her-------jessy quick way not have a speedster on the team plus its also a nice way to bring her into the n52-----arrowete ok i know there new name is artermis but can't dc make them two different people artermis being younger and arrowete being older------hawkgirl love her and would be so cool to see her in the n52 if she's not in it of course------------so what do you guys think should we have an all female team and if not give your reasons why and if you have any idea's feel free to brainstorm :)

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

There already was a Justice League of Amazons in pre-New 52 continuity. I don't exactly see one happening soon but it definitely would be cool. Seeing Wonder Woman, Zatana, Mera, Vixen, Fire and Ice would be awesome. Those are just names off the top of my head.

Also, welcome to ComicVine!

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

..oh he's serious! I thought at first glance this was an April fool's wind-up!

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Muffin_Sangria

Something like that would be cool. Birds of Prey is cool but they're all street level. I would be pretty cool if there was a high powered all female team.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

@wonderfan409: Artemis and Arrowette have always been different people.

wonderfan409

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By wonderfan409

@avenging_x_bolt: oops really i always thought they were the same lol my mistake---------and yes i know that there was a JLA in pre new-52 thats were i got the whole idea from----plus look at birds of pray(EPIC) so i could see justice league of amazons working out ----if only dc would give it a shot

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I actually don't see them going as Amazons just because they're woman.

wonderfan409

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By wonderfan409

@dernman: ok then what would they call themselfs if its not justice league of amazons plus the reason why i say justice league of amazons is because wonder woman would be the leader just like with the female furies in flashpoint

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By dernman

@wonderfan409: Why can't they just be the Justice League? If you absolutely need a tag you could say Justice League: Furies. That way you won't have to deal with all the issues/meaning behind the culture of the Amazons and being one.

wonderfan409

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: ok i get what you saying----i just thought justice league of amazons was a cool name but yes it could course problems culture and what nots-----but answer this---at one time the league split and WW had her team called JLamazons and nobody complained about that,so why should people start complaining now? care to give me an answer :)

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By dernman

@wonderfan409: Easy because of trope and the like. Take Flashpoint for example. There was no reason many of those characters to join the Amazons other than being female and notable characters. They didn't care about things like characterization. People accepted it and didn't complain. Doesn't mean it's right, good idea, or supports the characters.

You want a legitimate team of Justice League Amazons? Here one that fits the name. Wonder Woman, Artemis, Donna Troy, Wonder Girl, Grace Choi. and Fury (depending which age this is set in). Those make sense. Not ones who do not. Hell even Supergirl makes some sense if you consider her short time in Themescara when she first appeared post crisis. (though me personally I wouldn't count it) There should be a connection somehow.

Anyway I think we have gone off topic.

wonderfan409

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

off topic completely------ok then scratch justice league of amazons ------justice league:furies----the whole point of this forum was to see who you guys would went in an all female team that can kick ass #wonder woman being the leader# so any ideas :)

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman

Power Girl

Big Barda

Batwoman

Black Canary

Zatanna

Mera

Hawkgirl

and

Vixen would make a great team that would be hard to beat

wonderfan409

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By wonderfan409

@scorpio_cassadine: lekka choices but way have big barda just put vixen in the chicks place besides your team choice already has WW and power girl for the raw power oh and by the way im a huge fan of you :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.