Just an argument with someone

#1 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey, so me and this other guy are arguing... He claims that WW can easily beat Aquaman UNDERWATER, and I'm saying she can't. Welll... can she??

#2 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel that if Aquaman is the hero of the ocean then there should be no one that can best him in that environment. Not Wonder Woman, not Superman, no one. . . . That is just my thought on the idea.

However, Wonder Woman's powers are equal to (if not surpass) Superman's power in strength and speed. While I'm not sure if the current Aquaman comic has eluded to his speed in that title, we do know that his strength is very formidable but I'm not sure that it's equal to Wonder Woman's . I don't think that being under water would be that much of a difference for Diana though I'm not sure if she needs to breath. Nothing has been said about that in the n52 incarnation.

I would give the edge to Wonder Woman in the fight under water for superior strength and speed even over Aquaman's "home field advantage".

But I'm just speculating and have heavy favor towards Wonder Woman so my opinion is really nothing more than an opinion and shouldn't be regarded as fact.

#3 Posted by darkman61288 (752 posts) - - Show Bio

@press_oblivion: Didnt she have to wear some suit to fight underwater in thrones of Atlantis?

#4 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you have scans? I don't think any of them were in Atlantis during that arc. I could be wrong though.

#5 Posted by Wboy (442 posts) - - Show Bio

We could go the logic route. Considering her strength and speed, I don't see how the viscosity of water could in anyway limit her ability. So on land she beats him, in water I'm guessing so as well.

#6 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

I've yet to see proof that Aquaman is 100+ class in strength while underwater

#7 Posted by PowerWoman (3381 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont know why who fucking crazy belive Aquaman strength can match wonder woman

I mean,hell,wonder woman strength even always close to superman,new 52 superman can easily lift earth weight

Aquaman can lift earth weight?that unearthly

#8 Posted by Madame_Mist (1325 posts) - - Show Bio

Plus she's a demi-god, a daughter of Zeus. Who knows what else she could do.

#9 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

According to Aquaman #16 -- it showed Diana being pulled through the water by Aquaman. Granted, they are in the deepest part of the ocean so the pressure is profound but having to be pulled by Aquaman suggests he is better at movement in the water.

#10 Posted by PowerWoman (3381 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: DC playdown superman and wonder woman again

#11 Edited by marvel123 (377 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: @powerwoman: does that scan also have anything to do with the atlanteans being much faster swimmers than supes and WW

my question is, why do WW and supes need to be carried while cyborg does not???

#12 Posted by PowerWoman (3381 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvel123: hello bro,a long time ago not see you

#13 Posted by PowerWoman (3381 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvel123: because this is DC write Stupid,they are make superman and wonder woman so useless

#14 Posted by w0nd (3524 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: @powerwoman: does that scan also have anything to do with the atlanteans being much faster swimmers than supes and WW

my question is, why do WW and supes need to be carried while cyborg does not???

didn't cyborg get an upgrade for that at t he cost of his lung?

#15 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper:

yes wonder woman beats aquaman under water,she is still stronger and much faster,and much more durable against all kind of attacks escept piercing weapons,she'll be slower underwater,but she will still be more powerful than him,aquaman never had the feats to prove he can beat wonder woman even under water,and he still hasn't the feats in the new 52,and let's not forget that current wonder woman hasn't shown her full power yet.

#16 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8830 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvel123: @powerwoman@lykopis: Actually Superman and Wonder Woman was weakened and paralyzed,because The Trench's toxin and Orm's magic lightnings...the scan was used out of context

#17 Posted by PowerWoman (3381 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: 100 % true,i dont belive Orm's magic lightnings can ko wonder woman,it maybe can ko superman(because this is magic...)but why ko wonder woman?just story needs

#18 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8830 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: Yes,Wonder Woman can be knockout by a magic lightning. Isn't because she is a demigod,she has to invulnerable to all kinds of attacks, being knocked out doesn't mean that she was injured or anything,remember the gauntlets downgraded her powers.... and The Trench's toxin allowed her to go unconscious and motionless,and if Superman and Wonder Woman were as weak as another User, totally out of context tried to insinuate, why would they being breathing under water and speaking?

#19 Edited by PowerWoman (3381 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: DC want to JLA leaguer don't have too much gap,so,story needs

Aquaman isnt superman strength/power level,for now,in the JLA,only wonder woman it is

#20 Posted by Pokeysteve (8330 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

According to Aquaman #16 -- it showed Diana being pulled through the water by Aquaman. Granted, they are in the deepest part of the ocean so the pressure is profound but having to be pulled by Aquaman suggests he is better at movement in the water.

I don't interpret this as Mera and AC have better movement but rather the Earth is 70+% water and Clark and Diana have no idea where they're going.

#21 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8830 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: Honestly, I partially agree with you but both are so powerful they do not make them invulnerable to everything and beyond that Aquaman was knocked,he just woke up because it is immune to The Trench's toxin and god forbid if one day both reach the Silver age's powers levels, because then I stop reading comics forever

#22 Posted by PowerWoman (3381 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: Eh..the silver age.........did bro you read my thread?!the PC superman even survive big bang

http://www.comicvine.com/superman/4005-1807/forums/pc-superman-even-can-survival-big-bang-1456568/#36

i will creater a Silver age wonder woman thread,i'm saved almost all PC wonder woman feats,honest,in the PC,only PC supergirl have feats can match PC superman top level,even PC shazam isnt,PC shazam best feats just moved a star,that much weaker than SA superman top level

PC wonder woman isnt toooo powerful,This is unfortunate

#23 Posted by Teerack (6620 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to think Aquaman would have a few new tricks up his sleeves we haven't seen yet in the New 52 making him the best under the sea.

#24 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8830 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: I read it. I really hate Silver Age and their unbeatable characters,the only thing I found good of this epoch are the values ​​that the heroes gives and nothing more. Sorry if I was rude.

#25 Posted by PowerWoman (3381 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: Nope,lol,i agree your point,the SA is silly at times,superman and supergirl is overpowered,and a lot of stupid story,read them would be hurt your mind

but supers each other is really tooooo powerful,they are make other hero sooo useless

#26 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvel123: @powerwoman@lykopis: Actually Superman and Wonder Woman was weakened and paralyzed,because The Trench's toxin and Orm's magic lightnings...the scan was used out of context

That makes much better sense.

@lykopis said:

I don't interpret this as Mera and AC have better movement but rather the Earth is 70+% water and Clark and Diana have no idea where they're going.

As does this as well.

#27 Posted by Outside_85 (9199 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

Thing is that in the issue before of that story Diana and Clark were standing at the bottom of the sea with no apparent discomfort from the pressure... and no need for anything to be able to talk underwater :S

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.