Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8807 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

John Ostrander's Wonder Woman #23.1

theOVOXO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By lilben42

@theovoxo: Can't wait for these books. Also could anyone tell me the history about Barbara Minevera and Cheetah.

jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Sounds like he probably did more research/likes the character more than Johns. Not surprising.

theOVOXO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilben42: I'm not that well informed of Minerva as well. I think you can check out her comicvine page.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did not attack, but for a long time, in my opinion, Cheetah looks does not match WW as enemy

WW has always been the superman strength level, can you imagine the Cheetah moving planet or something?. . I can not

herrweis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: well neither can luthor and he is Supermans main villian.the cheetah has always been the antithesis of wonder woman

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@herrweis: But....a lot of time, Wonder woman says Cheetah is as strong as her.....Can you imagine lex luther as strong as superman.....?

4_color_image

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did not attack, but for a long time, in my opinion, Cheetah looks does not match WW as enemy

WW has always been the superman strength level, can you imagine the Cheetah moving planet or something?. . I can not

Did you see the Batman: Brave and Bold episode where the villains switched up? Cheetah took on Superman & was triumphant! Granted she had an edge due to powers created through magic (Superman has a weakness to magic) & Kryptonite laces nail polish, but this did show her as quite the formidable foe. She also put a hurting on the entire New 52 Justice League & is immune to Diana's lasso!

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PowerWoman

@4_color_image: Yeah,I see,I'm just cant belive Cheetah is match wonder woman in raw strength,she cant move planet or some heavy feats

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilben42: pre 52,barbara was in africa searching for ancient ruins,there she found out about cheetah,the avatar of an african god,since she was always seeking for power,she sacrificed one of her friends in a ritual turn become the cheetah.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior: Really? Well that is very dark past but very fitting.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.