Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8805 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

JMS Leaving Wonder Woman

dondasch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dondasch

Yep.  It's official.  J. Michael Stracyzynski will be leaving Wonder Woman and Superman for an Earth One sequel

http://tinyurl.com/37442eb

WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By WDW

Geez you beat me by 3 minutes in posting this

anyway 

Phil Hester replaces JMS on Wonder Woman. According to DC, both writers will be using Straczynski's "story notes."

OH well.. it was fun while it lasted I will miss the uniform  so much when they decide to give it back to her and make yet another lame explanation as to why she has to wear her old costume 

Hopefully the new writer will have some mercy and not just trash the whole thing in a few messy patch over comics

dondasch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By dondasch

@ WDW Shazam !  Ah, shoot, wrong forum :P

WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By WDW
    @dondasch: By the power of Gray Skull! damn wrong forum :P
    ArachKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By ArachKnight
    @WDW said:
    "Geez you beat me by 3 minutes in posting this

anyway 

Phil Hester replaces JMS on Wonder Woman. According to DC, both writers will be using Straczynski's "story notes."  OH well.. it was fun while it lasted I will miss the uniform  so much when they decide to give it back to her and make yet another lame explanation as to why she has to wear her old costume   Hopefully the new writer will have some mercy and not just trash the whole thing in a few messy patch over comics "

Have to say - I didn't think it was fun while it lasted. Some of the "new" fans will be sad about this, but those of us her who perfer the way she was are frolicking in the fields of viCTORY !! LA LA LA LA LA
    WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By WDW
    @ArachKnight said:
    " @WDW said:
    "Geez you beat me by 3 minutes in posting this

anyway 

Phil Hester replaces JMS on Wonder Woman. According to DC, both writers will be using Straczynski's "story notes."  OH well.. it was fun while it lasted I will miss the uniform  so much when they decide to give it back to her and make yet another lame explanation as to why she has to wear her old costume   Hopefully the new writer will have some mercy and not just trash the whole thing in a few messy patch over comics "
    Have to say - I didn't think it was fun while it lasted. Some of the "new" fans will be sad about this, but those of us her who perfer the way she was are frolicking in the fields of viCTORY !! LA LA LA LA LA "
    Thats Cool as long as her comic sells I dont care! but as long as they keep her in that uniform she will not get any sort of movie deal..... and a chance to build a real franchise.... Sorry but your victory is bitter sweet as we return to the old days of LOW Wonder Woman comic book sales and poor writers who emphasis the costume and not the hero.

Seriously do you Work for FOX News?
    ArachKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By ArachKnight
    @WDW:
    Not all writers for Wonder Woman emphasized the costume and not the hero.... 

- I thought Gail Simone's Stories were awesome - the fight with Genocide? awesome.
    - Greg Rucka is one of my favorite Wonder Woman writers, how can you not like the stuff he did?  
    - Jodi Picolt suggested adding straps to the Wonder Woman outfit  and I will admit that  I have to agree with that. She did very well on her short Wonder Woman run I thought.. 
    - One of my favorite Writers has been Phil Jiminez - There is a story that he did where Lois Lane follows Wonder Woman for a day that is really one of the greatest Wonder Woman stories ever told.  

JMS had a younger, more voilent Wonder Woman who was learning to use her powers - I thought it was...meh.

Wonder Woman has a real franchise - its just that most stupid regular comic fans don't have the balls to like her . They don't give her a real chance because they feel they will be less "manly", for liking her stories or something crappy like that. It's not just Wonder Woman. Marvel has yet to make a good strong Female Charecter in a movie as well. I think we can expect to see "iron fist" before any really good super heroine gets a movie.  

Seriously - I don't work for Fox News - In fact  I don't even have a working TV that gets any sort of signal .....
    WW-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By WW-Fan

pff i kinda have lost little respect for him now
    WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By WDW
    @ArachKnight said:
    " @WDW: Not all writers for Wonder Woman emphasized the costume and not the hero....  - I thought Gail Simone's Stories were awesome - the fight with Genocide? awesome. - Greg Rucka is one of my favorite Wonder Woman writers, how can you not like the stuff he did?  - Jodi Picolt suggested adding straps to the Wonder Woman outfit  and I will admit that  I have to agree with that. She did very well on her short Wonder Woman run I thought.. - One of my favorite Writers has been Phil Jiminez - There is a story that he did where Lois Lane follows Wonder Woman for a day that is really one of the greatest Wonder Woman stories ever told.   JMS had a younger, more voilent Wonder Woman who was learning to use her powers - I thought it was...meh.  Wonder Woman has a real franchise - its just that most stupid regular comic fans don't have the balls to like her . They don't give her a real chance because they feel they will be less "manly", for liking her stories or something crappy like that. It's not just Wonder Woman. Marvel has yet to make a good strong Female Charecter in a movie as well. I think we can expect to see "iron fist" before any really good super heroine gets a movie.   Seriously - I don't work for Fox News - In fact  I don't even have a working TV that gets any sort of signal ..... "

I like  Wonder Woman comics especially  RUCKA and I have no problem with the old costume if they gave her a reason to wear such a thing but as it stands her costume makes no sense As an Amazon Princess and ambassador.  

Note Captain Americas costume makes sense for who he is

The costume is so iconic for all the wrong reasons and it seems like any movie or TV show will be build around the costume.... and not around the character... It would not be so bad if the costume did not resemble an american flag so much but unfortunately it does.

I like JMS story only in so much as it gives Wonder Woman a different perspective. I  was actually upset Gail had to rush to finish her story line to make way for JMS

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By MrDirector786

Yeah, I think it's really stupid that he has all these plans and before he even gets halfway done with them, he just drops it all. It's really a waste if you ask me.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.