Jennifer Love Hewitt Wants As "Wonder Woman"?

• 176 results
Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

Jennifer Love Hewitt Wants To Play "Wonder Woman"

Jennifer Love Hewitt wants to be Wonder Woman in a movie, and frankly, I don't blame her; but can she pull it off? MTV sat down with the actress and asked her what she sees in her acting future and what part she wants to play. Hewitt quickly indicated that her dream role would be to play Diana Prince in a live-action film.

"I'd really love to do an action movie. I'd really love to do like a 'Tomb Raider' or something like that," said Hewitt, "I think that'd be fun. I would love to play like a super hero or something like that. That would be awesome...I want to play Wonder Woman, I want them to make the movie of Wonder Woman and I want to play Wonder Woman so bad, I think it'd be really fun," said Hewitt.

When asked why she felt she would be perfect for the role, she cited that she has a "curvaceous frame," she loves tiaras, and she feels that "gold bracelets" compliment her wrists perfectly. Gold bracelets, not silver, Jen? Alright, maybe I took this a bit too seriously, and perhaps this is not the way things work in Hollywood, but if I were her and I was asked that question, not only would I have a better answer; but I would get the color of the bracelets correctly. 

If I was asked why I would want to play Wonder Woman, wearing a tiara would not be one of the reasons. Wonder Woman is this incredibly iconic female superhero who's character completely encompasses the idea that a woman can be strong and still be sexy. She is a symbol of femininity and feminism, and she emerged during a time when the role of the woman was to be submissive and subservient to men in this country. Even after World War II when the men returned from Europe an the women once again took on their traditional roles; Diana remained at the forefront of comic books as a powerful female Superhero who could take on the big boys. Diana's character has managed to remain symbolic and has transcended from being merely a comic book character, to being a symbol that anything a man can do, a woman can do too. She is a role model for girls, (and boys) and is one of the most prominent characters in the industry.  The actress that gets the chance to play that part should be honored to be chosen.

I hope that when they do finally make a movie about Wonder Woman, that the actress they choose can appreciate her character and is not someone who simply wants to pick up where Lynda Carter left off.

Do you guys think that Jennifer Love Hewitt would make a good Wonder Woman? Do you have someone in mind you think could play the part? Do you think I am asking too much?
#1 Edited by Kurrent (14061 posts) - - Show Bio

No I don't think she has the look. She might have the acting chops but not the look.

#2 Posted by Tmul501 (597 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know. I like her, quite a bit actually, but I don't know if she's really Diana material. She's kind of short and I always expected WW to be really tall and at least a little physically intimidating. I'm not talking about WW being the size of Chyna from the WWF (yikes) but at least a little taller and slightly buffer than JLH (again, not ripped...that's just creepY). I can't honestly think of anyone right off the top of my head to put in the roll, but i can say that jennifer love hewitt is not near the top of my list for people who should play WW. Maybe Jennifer Connelly, she's pretty tall, right?

#3 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

You're looking for in-depth answers about why Jennifer Love Hewitt would like to play Wonder Woman in an interview with MTV? Why? That's just masochistic of you, Babs. Obviously she's not as big a fan as you, and probably doesn't have information about Wonder Woman as fresh in her mind as most people around here, who read comics on a daily basis. I think she'd be a much better fit than Megan Fox, at the very least, but I'm not even a Wonder Woman fan, so I don't have any casting suggestions. The matter of you asking too much is kind of a given, IMO. There are very few actors/actresses who take on roles this big, and appreciate the character as much as hardcore fans do. People liked the portrayal of Rorschach in Watchmen, and generally seemed to think it was pretty faithful to the book. I have my own ideas on the matter, but I realize my standards are just too high. Let's just hope if someone ends up playing Wonder Woman, they take it more seriously than Halle Berry did with Storm.

#4 Posted by Citizen 14 (1236 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kurrent said:
" No I don't think she has the look. She might have the acting chops but the the look. "
Agreed 100%
#5 Posted by JimiBigHits (18 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont think JLH has the look or the acting ability to do it. Off the top of my head I think Jessica Biel might be a good fit.

#6 Posted by Tmul501 (597 posts) - - Show Bio
@JimiBigHits said:
"

I dont think JLH has the look or the acting ability to do it. Off the top of my head I think Jessica Biel might be a good fit.

"
Good call, I completely forgot about her.
#7 Edited by Deo Wade (430 posts) - - Show Bio

She's 5'2.........No disrespect to you babs*

#8 Posted by Chocolate Lantern (169 posts) - - Show Bio

she wants to play wonder woman cause she knows the movie will make big money. I never really saw her as a good actress (i know what you did last summer was terrible) come on, just speak the truth. She would look great in the costume. But in reality I think she only would want to play a superhero role for the money.

#9 Posted by johnny_spam (2031 posts) - - Show Bio

They need a lesser known actress I hope they make a good movie the animated Wonder Woman was better than most comic book movies and it was barely 72 minutes.

#10 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@JimiBigHits said:
"I dont think JLH has the look or the acting ability to do it. Off the top of my head I think Jessica Biel might be a good fit."
Do you really think Biel has anything over Hewitt in the acting department?
#11 Posted by Selty (150 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#12 Posted by Chocolate Lantern (169 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deo Wade: there's nothing wrong with short people. On the big screen she would look 6'2", I mean Tom Cruise is like 5'4" and in movies he looks 6'. that I don't think height will be the issue, its the fact that she can't act
#13 Posted by JimiBigHits (18 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg:
Over Hewitt, YEA. but thats not a high bar.

The real question is what role will Tyresse play??
#14 Posted by Crazy Pan (708 posts) - - Show Bio

Negative. She doesn't look the part. They need to find a girl that's a bit more amazon built :P

#15 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@JimiBigHits said: 
"Over Hewitt, YEA."
To each their own, I suppose.
#16 Posted by Deo Wade (430 posts) - - Show Bio
@Chocolate Lantern said:
" @Deo Wade: there's nothing wrong with short people. On the big screen she would look 6'2", I mean Tom Cruise is like 5'4" and in movies he looks 6'. that I don't think height will be the issue, its the fact that she can't act "
You have too much faith in Hollywood magic.
#17 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deo Wade said:
" @Chocolate Lantern said:
" @Deo Wade: there's nothing wrong with short people. On the big screen she would look 6'2", I mean Tom Cruise is like 5'4" and in movies he looks 6'. that I don't think height will be the issue, its the fact that she can't act "
You have too much faith in Hollywood magic. "
You ever see a movie called Shane?
#18 Edited by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deo Wade said:
"You have too much faith in Hollywood magic. "
You ever seen Lord of The Rings? Elijah Wood isn't actually 3'6"! I know, crazy, but it's true. John Rhys-Davies isn't actually a dwarf either.

Though to be fair, that's New Zealand magic, not Hollywood...
#19 Posted by Udderman (79 posts) - - Show Bio

i wouldnt watch Jennifer love hewitt as wonder woman....id just keep drooling at her :F

#20 Posted by jefprice (878 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't they used to be gold?

#21 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18820 posts) - - Show Bio

I love her!!! lol

#22 Posted by Deo Wade (430 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sparda said:
" @Deo Wade said:
You ever see a movie called Shane? "
No, Enlighten me.

@Korg
said:
" @Deo Wade said:
"You have too much faith in Hollywood magic. "
You ever seen Lord of The Rings? Elijah Wood isn't actually 3'6"! I know, crazy, but it's true. John Rhys-Davies isn't actually a dwarf either.
"
Making things smaller is no problem. Making things look bigger not so much.
#23 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deo Wade said:
" Making things smaller is no problem. Making things look bigger not so much. "
You know they did a great deal of both, right? Never mind, you obviously don't, or you wouldn't have said that.
#24 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deo Wade said:
" @Sparda said:
" @Deo Wade said:
No, Enlighten me. "
Alan Ladd, the star of the film, is around 5'5 (at most 5'7). His costar, Van Heflin, was 6'. In every single shot of the film, they made Ladd look significantly large than Heflin (even to the point where they could make him look tall enough to completely fill a doorframe). This was in 1953, where they used extremely simple, yet effective tricks to convey him as much larger than he actually was.

I would imagine that if they could pull if off 50 years ago with a talented director, they could compensate nowadays with sheer special effects trickery.
#25 Posted by Deo Wade (430 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:
" @Deo Wade said:
" Making things smaller is no problem. Making things look bigger not so much. "
You know they did a great deal of both, right? Never mind, you obviously don't, or you wouldn't have said that.
"
And you think they'll spend the time and money that they did on LOTR for Wonder Woman?
#26 Posted by JimiBigHits (18 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:
"
@JimiBigHits said: 
"Over Hewitt, YEA."
To each their own, I suppose.
"

and maybe your standards are too high, i suppose
#27 Posted by Ravn (180 posts) - - Show Bio
@Chocolate Lantern said:
"...But in reality I think she only would want to play a superhero role for the money. "
I totally agree, and Babs, I think you make a great point! "I like tiaras" is the WORST reason ever to want to play Wonder Woman!! It's like Megan Fox saying she doesn't wanna play the role cause she flies around in an invisible jet! LOL

I vote for either Lucy Lawless or Olivia Wilde.

Lawless did a fantastic job in New Frontier, and despite the fact that she'd be in her early to mid-40s by the time the movie came out, I think she could really pull it off!

I think Wilde has the look, see has the talent, and she's a young, "Up-and-Comer" that the studio would want and that's gonna get people in the seats!
#28 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio

She's a good actress
but definately doesn't have the body for WW.
and I doubt she could ever get the body.

#29 Posted by Deo Wade (430 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sparda said:
" @Deo Wade said:
" @Sparda said:
" @Deo Wade said:
No, Enlighten me. "
Alan Ladd, the star of the film, is around 5'5 (at most 5'7). His costar, Van Heflin, was 6'. In every single shot of the film, they made Ladd look significantly large than Heflin (even to the point where they could make him look tall enough to completely fill a doorframe). This was in 1953, where they used extremely simple, yet effective tricks to convey him as much larger than he actually was.I would imagine that if they could pull if off 50 years ago with a talented director, they could compensate nowadays with sheer special effects trickery. "
Thanks for the enlightenment. I still don't see them doing that with Jennifer Love Hewitt.
#30 Posted by RaptorFratBoy (550 posts) - - Show Bio

Because when I think "Wonder Woman", I think "short, skinny, shaky, high-pitched voice, and best of all, known mostly for a series of terrible teen horror movies!" Yup, that's Princess Diana of Themescara to me, certainly.

Can we just all grow to love the animated movie and just forget about a live action one? Please? Because the best Wonder Woman movie possible is RIGHT THERE.

#31 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@JimiBigHits said:
"and maybe your standards are too high, i suppose "
How so? I don't recall even expressing any standards.

@Deo Wade said:
" And you think they'll spend the time and money that they did on LOTR for Wonder Woman? "
You think they would need to? It would be pretty simple. The budget for a Wonder Woman movie would be pretty large regardless though.
#32 Posted by Deo Wade (430 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:
" @JimiBigHits said:

@Deo Wade said:
" And you think they'll spend the time and money that they did on LOTR for Wonder Woman? "
You think they would need to? It would be pretty simple. The budget for a Wonder Woman movie would be pretty large regardless though.
"
I think they'd go for someone with a  look and physique that are closer to WW's before they'd go with Jennifer Love Hewitt..
#33 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they probably won't even make a live-action Wonder Woman movie before Hewitt turns 40 anyway.

#34 Posted by Inthedark (81 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deo Wade said:
"@Korg said:
" @JimiBigHits said:

@Deo Wade said:
"
I think they'd go for someone with a  look and physique that are closer to WW's before they'd go with Jennifer Love Hewitt.."

But hollywood hates real woman espically if there fit and healthy and weigh more then a hundred pounds.
#35 Posted by ulrich200 (95 posts) - - Show Bio
@Chocolate Lantern said:
" she wants to play wonder woman cause she knows the movie will make big money. I never really saw her as a good actress (i know what you did last summer was terrible) come on, just speak the truth. She would look great in the costume. But in reality I think she only would want to play a superhero role for the money. "
totally agree
#36 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deo Wade said:
" She's 5'2.........No disrespect to you babs* "
None take. I don't think I even make 5'2!
#37 Posted by RaptorFratBoy (550 posts) - - Show Bio

Guys, wait...A super-secret source just faxed me a copy of Warner Bros' top-secret plans for the "Wonder Woman" movie...Yes, they faxed me. They also sent me a message via beeper. All I can safely reveal is the following:

"Vanessa Hudgens stars as Princess Deena (wouldn't want people to get confused with that OTHER famous Princess Diana, so we just decided to change it), lone survivor of the Amazonian-massacre that took from her everyone and everything she ever knew and loved. Now, out to exact her revenge upon the World of Man for murdering her Sisters, Deena claims the mantle of the Amazonian Bondage Goddess, Wonder Woman!"

RATED: PG-13

#38 Posted by Udderman (79 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deo Wade said:
" @Sparda said:
" @Deo Wade said:
" @Sparda said:
" @Deo Wade said:
No, Enlighten me. "
Alan Ladd, the star of the film, is around 5'5 (at most 5'7). His costar, Van Heflin, was 6'. In every single shot of the film, they made Ladd look significantly large than Heflin (even to the point where they could make him look tall enough to completely fill a doorframe). This was in 1953, where they used extremely simple, yet effective tricks to convey him as much larger than he actually was.I would imagine that if they could pull if off 50 years ago with a talented director, they could compensate nowadays with sheer special effects trickery. "
Thanks for the enlightenment. I still don't see them doing that with Jennifer Love Hewitt. "
yo....you just got enlighten b...
#39 Posted by Deo Wade (430 posts) - - Show Bio
@Udderman said:
" @Deo Wade said:
" @Sparda said:
" @Deo Wade said:
" @Sparda said:
" @Deo Wade said:
No, Enlighten me. "
Thanks for the enlightenment. I still don't see them doing that with Jennifer Love Hewitt. "
yo....you just got enlighten b... "
That was the point of me asking him.
#40 Posted by Deo Wade (430 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:
" I think they probably won't even make a live-action Wonder Woman movie before Hewitt turns 40 anyway. "
I agree.
#41 Posted by johnny_spam (2031 posts) - - Show Bio

Missy Peregrym would make a good Wonder Woman.

#42 Posted by LoganRogue24 (1185 posts) - - Show Bio

JLH might do ok maybe but i would prefer Erica Durance aka Lois Lane or Laura Vandervoort aka Kara or Jessica Biel Jennifer Connely or Megan Fox even though she has allready said no to WW.

#43 Posted by dondasch (926 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a chance.  The interview alone proves she's clueless.  There was a time I thought Lucy Lawless would be able to pull this off however the delays in casting seem to have taken her out of the running.

#44 Posted by King Saturn (223812 posts) - - Show Bio
I think she maybe able to pull if off... contrary to popular demand here

lol
#45 Posted by NightFang (9866 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kurrent said:
"No I don't think she has the look. She might have the acting chops but not the look."

#46 Posted by Green ankh (998 posts) - - Show Bio

I like her well enough but she would need to bulk up ALLOT !!! she could play her lasso.

#47 Posted by Fresh0133 (496 posts) - - Show Bio
@johnny spam said:
"Missy Peregrym would make a good Wonder Woman. "

Totally agree on this one, she's a great young talent who I think could pull off the role perfectly.
#48 Posted by cascadeking09 (6752 posts) - - Show Bio

naw, she 5'2. that's way too short to play an amazon 5'10 is the shortest anybody should be, if they're playin her. and on top of that she po nasty, she not even close to havin enough body to play WW.

#49 Posted by Decept-O (7274 posts) - - Show Bio

She's cute but definitely not tall enough.  Wondie is tall, an Amazon Princess Warrior!  JLH would fill out the breast plate rather nicely.  Plus, her hair--I can't get over her hair for some reason  Granted it'd have to be dyed black but I don't see it in any way shape or form.  I still don't know who they would get and I am just thinking a complete unknown who can act and resembles   Wonder Woman, is physically active, etc.  The studio would save money if they go with an unknown.  Just make the blasted movie already!!  Aaarrggghhhh!!!

#50 Posted by Vance Astro (91112 posts) - - Show Bio

It doesn't matter what the person who plays Wonder Woman looks like.As long as she's not ugly and she can act.No woman on this earth is built like Wonder Woman so we all need to come of the looks thing.More than half the casting in comicbook related films is off.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.