Is wonder woman currently stronger than superman?

• 73 results
#51 Edited by marvel123 (377 posts) - - Show Bio

haha it would be cool to see her in a battle with hercules, i think she could take him....

and superman is my favorite dc hero, yet i don't mind seeing superman upstaged/ or weaker than WW (i know some people don't like that at all). but for me, i don't think i would loose respect for superman if his strength levels, speed, ect was inferior to wonder woman's.

some people loose respect for the hulk, just because he looses to thor or (vice versa) or any other character in those positions? driving question: do our favorite Heroes have to be the best of the best (the smartest, strongest, fastest) ? i'm just exploring the mentality that some comic book fans display (not u guys in particular)

#52 Edited by Goddessa (200 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvel123 said:

haha it would be cool to see her in a battle with hercules

#53 Posted by marvel123 (377 posts) - - Show Bio

cool thanks haha i guess now the're like brother n sister, who knows, maybe we may have more sibling rivalry b/t them

#54 Posted by Goddessa (200 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvel123 said:

cool thanks haha i guess now the're like brother n sister, who knows, maybe we may have more sibling rivalry b/t them

No worries :)

#55 Edited by sammandcfan (5 posts) - - Show Bio

@press_oblivion: The Greek gods in the DCU are not nearly as powerful as the Presence in the DCU, who is the Judeo-Christian God and creator of the entire universe. So those Greek gods are more or less like OP superpowered characters, but not completely invincible. I would actually say that Wonder Woman is more powerful than some of the Greek gods. As for her pure physical strength compared to Superman's, she should be equal to him until she takes off her bracelets. Superman is then screwed unless he takes a nice sun bath. The reason people think Wonder Woman is weaker is because Superman is shown moving planets while Wonder Woman is not usually shown doing something on that big of a scale. Superman is the guy who saves the day, while Wonder Woman is the gal who ruins the bad guy's day. As for who wins in a fight, it is 50-50 unless Diana has her handy magic tools that pwn Supes, who is completely vulnerable to magic and enchanted weapons (lasso, magic sword, tiara) or unless Supes supes up with the powa of the sunnyD. If both occur, they are once again 50-50 until Diana takes her bracelets off. She is probably the worst matchup for Supes in the JL because of her many enchanted weapons and blessings.The Spectre is probably just as cool as Batman, BTW.

#56 Posted by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio

@sammandcfan: Only Pre-crisis superman is moving-planets,not pre-52,i'm have to say in the pre-crisis,superman is far far stronger than wonder woman,only supergirl is equal superman in strength

#57 Posted by Squalleon (4754 posts) - - Show Bio

No feats to prove it.
And Geoff WW differs from Azzarello's.
Geoff's WW doesn't gain a advantage by removing her wrists
and her wrists become swords doesn't just summon them
as seen in a preview of JL 22

#58 Edited by sammandcfan (5 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: Yeah you're right. Didn't Superman destroy a solar system by sneezing in his pre-crisis version? I think for WW vs Supes in post-crisis, pre-52 the matchup is WW wins 60 percent of the time considering all scenarios. New 52 WW from what I saw from her so far would win 75 percent of the time. She is just flat out a bad matchup for Supes.

#59 Posted by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio

@sammandcfan: though in the silver age only supergirl can match superman

untill post-crisis,wonder woman can match superman

#60 Edited by GWHH (585 posts) - - Show Bio

JLA--A League Of One-2000

#61 Posted by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio

@gwhh: .. Never has a female hero can stronger than Superman,only in the Pre-crisis has two female hero is as strong as superman,one is Silver age supergirl,and then Pre-crisis mary marvel

#62 Posted by TAneT62 (1071 posts) - - Show Bio

@gwhh said:

JLA--A League Of One-2000

I've always found this completely ridiculous. It's untrue, inconsistent, and there is proof that what she says isn't true.

#63 Posted by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio

@tanet62: WW is weaker than superman.. Any version,pre-crisis is weaker than superman,pre-52 wonder woman is weaker than superman..

actual in the golden age,mary marvel is most powerful female hero,in the silver age/bronze age,supergirl is most powerful female hero

wonder woman is most powerful female hero is just Since the post crisis began

#64 Edited by TAneT62 (1071 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: I know she is weaker, but by very little.

I was referring to the scan, not a past explanation.

I think that scan makes her look weak, vulnerable, etc.

It just seems wrong, why? Because she has proven she can beat Superman in battle, if she needs to.

#65 Posted by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio

@tanet62: She is a little bit weaker than superman,this is pre-52 wonder woman,not pre-crisis,in the pre-crisis,superman is too much stronger than wonder woman,i'm wonder woman fans,but that it's true,DC Changed her, Since the beginning of the post-crisis,not pre-crisis

however,i agree it,superman no hold back fight wonder woman,she but we never see bloodthirsty wonder woman fight superman

#66 Posted by matchesmalone21 (9158 posts) - - Show Bio

No feats to prove it.

And Geoff WW differs from Azzarello's.

Geoff's WW doesn't gain a advantage by removing her wrists

and her wrists become swords doesn't just summon them

as seen in a preview of JL 22

Actually Geoff and Azzarello's Wonder Woman only differ in personality,the bracelets doesn't turn into anything as you can see in Justice League 3,while fighting Parademons with swords you still can see the bracelets and she never removed it Jl ongoing. Geoff Johns just doesn't let her demonstate the full abilities.

#67 Edited by drgnx (3566 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21:

I think Wonder Women's Azz run is in the past, she might not even have the power in JL anymore, we don't know what the fallout will be when she fights the First Born!

#68 Posted by matchesmalone21 (9158 posts) - - Show Bio

@drgnx: Azzarelo's run isn't in the past anymore,because in Superman 20 she still is with Orion.

#69 Posted by CheeseSticks (2569 posts) - - Show Bio

Since Wonder Woman has better fighting skills and more experience, Wonder Woman should easily beat both Superman and Goku.

LMAO get out of here

#70 Posted by drgnx (3566 posts) - - Show Bio

@drgnx: Azzarelo's run isn't in the past anymore,because in Superman 20 she still is with Orion.

Ah

#71 Edited by Z3RO180 (6670 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvel123: To answer your question no she is not stronger than him but she can kick his ass.

#72 Posted by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21:But,It really is no continuity,Especially ,No any contact with JLA

@z3ro180: At least wonder woman very close to superman in strength,but no feats can prove it,that too bad

#73 Posted by matchesmalone21 (9158 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: Even without this contact, her official powerset is from the main title.

#74 Posted by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: Ok.... In fact, I do not like to have a little bit New 52 wonder woman comic art style. . Too Greece

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.