Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8805 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Is Wonder Woman becoming Overpowered?

• 99 results
    gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By gokuwarrior

@marvel123: nobody thinks she should be superior to everyone else,the fans want her to powerful enough to hang around with the big powerhouses like superman,and that is what her creator always wanted,but in the past,she was treated like the punching bags,intead of treating her like a powerhouse,so it's good to see her being portrated as a powerhouse again,like she was supposed to be from the start.

if they would have made her a kryptonian,she would have the supergirl curse,always in superman's shadow,that's why marston gave her a different origin and a different story.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By gokuwarrior

@drgnx: there is no logic in wonder woman being more durable than aquaman?,well she was before the rebot,but anyway,i think we can already end this conversation here,thank you for your time.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvel123:

I get your point, but you're looking at it from a purely functional point of view. When Wonder Women came out, Superman was one of kind, they only added krypton survivors later, I think that might had some influence, story-wise, but really can't say. Plus with all the possibilities at that point, having too similar a background with your 3rd superhero would be a crime to creativity. =P

i don't mean to rant, i'm sorry, but its just this sense that i get from WW fans that she just HAS to be superior to every other character

LOL, it seems like everyone. But to be fair, there are fans on every thread that want their heroes to be the best. There is probably someone crying about Galactus on the Hawkguy thread somewhere.

a88378438

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By a88378438

@gokuwarrior: Back Pre-crisis.supergirl was far stronger than wonder woman,

I think DC would be make WW more strongert than before,but they are trying make WW like a kryptonians....though,a bullet can kill wonder woman that too bad..

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior said:

@drgnx: there is no logic in wonder woman being more durable than aquaman?,well she was before the rebot,but anyway,i think we can already end this conversation here,thank you for your time.

She was before the REBOOT. SHE WASBEFORE THE REEEEBBBBBOOOOOOT.

REBOOT!!!!

R-E-B-O-O-T!

Things tend to change during the R-E-B-O-O-T! It is one of the reasons, and benefits, of why you have the R-E-B-O-O-T!

Hence why I don't find your reasoning that logical. Hence why I wasn't interested in this line of dialogue nor your need to clarify this with me.

lagoon_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By lagoon_boy

@Rumble Man said:

So you like your women weak and defenseless?

pathetic

LMAO!

a88378438

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By a88378438

@lagoon_boy said:

@Rumble Man said:

pathetic

LMAO!

True.but not all man like this,I want to my woman can lift earth weight

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By gokuwarrior

@drgnx: things change with the rebot and some things stay the same,there is a posibility that she stays as powerful as before and there is a posibility that she becomes more powerful than before the rebot,making her less durable than aquaman wouldn't be a good thing,but oh well,we'll see,time will tell.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By gokuwarrior

@a88378438: her vulnerability against piercing weapons shouldn't exist anymore.

marvel123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By marvel123

@darkman61288said:

I think DC's characters are generally overpowered.

I'm a DC fan, but hey......you're probably right. if a character has super strength , super speed and can fly, then they're probably over powered and then there's batman (who some people seem to be over- infatuated with).

:

a88378438

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By a88378438

@gokuwarrior: WW always close to superman in strength,we are just need waiting...she could be has HUGE feats in new 52

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By gokuwarrior

@marvel123: there isn't such thing as overpowered,even the most powerful heros always find villans powerful enough to face them,there isn't such thing as overpowered when there are other characters that can do the same things,there will always be characters powerful enough to give superman,wonder woman a run for their money,and if we compare superman and wonder woman with characters like dr manhattran,phoenix,etc,they aren't overpowered at all,it's good to have characters with different power levels,not everything can be about street level characters you know.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By gokuwarrior

@darkman61288:

there isn't such thing as overpowered,even the most powerful heros always find villans powerful enough to face them,there isn't such thing as overpowered when there are other characters that can do the same things,there will always be characters powerful enough to give superman,wonder woman a run for their money,and if we compare superman and wonder woman with characters like dr manhattran,phoenix,etc,they aren't overpowered at all,it's good to have characters with different power levels,not everything can be about street level characters you know.

marvel123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By marvel123

@gokuwarrior: haha, i gotchya..........i guess darkman was referring to to whole moving planets ordeal?, idk? ......but hey now, i love me some "so-called overpowered characters".............jean grey/phoenix is one of my faves..................however i truly think those reality warpers like franklin richards are going a bit overboard and then there's galactus too, mmm marvel has their fare share of them as well

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By darkman61288

@gokuwarrior: @marvel123: there has to be a limit for how strong fast or powerful they can be. Superman bench pressing the planet is ridiculous. His strengh level can be max out at 200 tons and the stories he will still be powerhouse enough to satify your enjoyment of them. The same with WW allthought not as strong. ( a 150 tons)

a88378438

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By a88378438

@darkman61288: Nope,SA superman even can lift entire universe weight,New 52 superman was too weaker for him

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By gokuwarrior

@darkman61288: there is always a limit,there is nothing wrong with some heros being planet busters,it's good to have street level characters,mid-powerhouses,powerhouses and omnipotent characters,everything is balanced,there is always villans for every hero depending on the power level,and when you have those important runs where appear villans able to destroy solar systems,galaxies etc,that's when you'll need the most powerful heros to show up,there are different levels and it's a good thing,having heros like superman limited to 200 tons,and super sonic speed would be ridiculous,they have to be much higher,and there will always characters in their same level to give them a run for their money,and there will be characters even more powerful than them,so they'll need to team up for some fights,it's good to have many characters with many different power levels as possible.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By gokuwarrior

@marvel123:

there is always a limit,there is nothing wrong with some heros being planet busters,it's good to have street level characters,mid-powerhouses,powerhouses and omnipotent characters,everything is balanced,there is always villans for every hero depending on the power level,and when you have those important runs where appear villans able to destroy solar systems,galaxies etc,that's when you'll need the most powerful heros to show up,there are different levels and it's a good thing,having heros like superman limited to 200 tons,and super sonic speed would be ridiculous,they have to be much higher,and there will always characters in their same level to give them a run for their money,and there will be characters even more powerful than them,so they'll need to team up for some fights,it's good to have many characters with many different power levels as possible.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#69  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

No.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d22cbdd103e7
    deactivated-5d22cbdd103e7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman if anything always seems to be under-estimated. In the Injustice comic after metropolis is blown up and nothing but nuclear fallout GL says only Superman could go in there and withstand that. And then, paralleling those words, Wonder Woman is walking in there.

wonderW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By wonderW

@marvel123:

DC showed they can make more WW characters like donna or they can push wonder girl up, they made warkiller a male WW. out of the amazons Artemis was better amazon then WW, but WW was a better WW then Artemis, and she really is not the best, and at the same time she is, WW had to work to gain that power and level she is on, unlike superman and others who just get the power from the start and get pushed up. even in the new 52 WW she still has to work to get to the level she is at now in the JL comic. Passing test all her life being pushed to be better and better. she had to work so much harder since she is a woman, so i feel yes she can be on superman level of power, she had to work hard and pass many test to get there.

jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#73  Edited By jointron33

@marvel123: gl is not weak to yellow

mk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#74  Edited By mk111

But....thats why I like Wonder Woman, she is one of the toughest female characters in DC (not counting gods, of course).

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#75  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

@Rumble Man said:

pathetic

That's kind of a huge leap to make.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#76  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Yes, Wonder Woman (for her power type) is overpowered. Her total lack of legitimate weaknesses (piercing weapons don't count since she never gets cut), combined with the fact she's constantly overwritten because for some reason writers think that if they write the character with limitations they're being sexist amount to a character that is way over the top.

And just for the record, if the main reason you like Wonder Woman is because she's a tough female character, then you're being preferentially sexist, so you know, think about it.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#77  Edited By TDK_1997

In my opinion,no.

GunGunW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#78  Edited By GunGunW

She's Wonder Woman... she's earned what she's got.

marvel123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By marvel123

@jointron33: hey sorry about that, thanks for pointing it out though................. no not a weakness like kryptonite is to superman, but i've always understood that the yellow construct are more effective against GL's than anything else

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By gokuwarrior

@FadeToBlackBolt: who says that she is constantly overwritten,over the top?,please before the rebot wonder woman was treated like a punching bag by many writers,she was the victim of bad writting too many times,with stupid writers letting her be hurt or tagged by normal humans and letting her rogue gallery get humiliated by street level characters,she is not overpowered,she has never had the feats that someone like superman has,and she is always underestimated when she is compared to superman,shazam,green lantern,etc,she has never been trated as the important character she is supposed to be,for someone that is supposed to be part of the trinity she had nothing in the past,always having minor roles while superma,batman and even green lantern were saving the day,and you say she is over the top?,LOL!,she is not overpowered at all she obiously has limits and compared to many other powerehouses,she has very few epic feats,and after so many times being victim of bad writting in the past,it's time for DC to start to treat her again as the powerhouse she really is,it's time to give her something better.

and just for the record,wanting an strong female is not sexist,considering that the comic world is ruled by men,and wonder woman proves it,even though she is the most famous female,she pales in comparison to what characters like superman and batman have,even green lantern takes the spotlight more than her.

a88378438

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By a88378438

@gokuwarrior: @marvel123: @FadeToBlackBolt: @wonderW: @Rumble Man:

WW would be has some planets level feats...she's wonder woman,always close superman in power level,if superman can move planets why she cant..

if superman can move dozen planets and wonder woman cant i think this was sexist,

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By gokuwarrior

@a88378438: agreed.

marvel123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By marvel123

@a88378438: thats why we have supergirl.............do they ever fight alongside one another............its better than writers just having SG look naive, young, and irrational, ending with WW beating her up......................twice in 1 month and 2 different comics, smh. why can't they just be friends

i watched the JL animated series, and i've never even seen them in the same scene together.......you think this was coincidence?

a88378438

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By a88378438

@marvel123: No,not supergirl,sure,Supergirl has throw/move/destroy planets in the silver age,but she not wonder woman

they are could be....i mean,supergirl vs wonder woman ,this was a long ago topic in the SG/WW fans....not together?I'm not watch JL animated series,but i know JL animated series was not too good...

marvel123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By marvel123

@a88378438: she's the closest female we have to superman, they're even blood related.......and she's actually older than him, i don't think she should be in his shaddow at all............lol......NNOOOOO......no more supergirl vs WW, we know how that ends...............it time to see them fight side for a change, don't you agree? =D

a88378438

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By a88378438

@marvel123: Lol,Why not?I'm want to see PG/WW/SG in league,you know,girls league.

Avatar image for teamunitednerds
    TeamUnitedNerds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

I didn't like how easily she beat Green Lantern

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teamunitednerds: she didn't beat green lantern,nobody was figthing seriously,she really didn't wan to fight and the other didn't want to fight either.

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

I don't think she is overpowered as this version is suppost to be a child of Zeus so she is a god or demi-god in her own right. I would not like to see her get much more powerful but I guess it remains to be scene how powerful she is.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lorex said:

I don't think she is overpowered as this version is suppost to be a child of Zeus so she is a god or demi-god in her own right. I would not like to see her get much more powerful but I guess it remains to be scene how powerful she is.

That's a pretty good point.

I was going to say yes, that she is becoming overpowered. If she can do what Superman can do, and Superman is overpowered, because I think that Lobdel may have over done it with the Veritas test in issue 13, then Wonder Woman is overpwered, but your point aboutt he Demi-God thing is valid.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@press_oblivion: she isn't overpowered,she should be able to match superman power or be close to him in power,and there are many characters more powerful than them,some people seem to say they're overpowered because they compare them with street level characters like batman,or mid powerhouses like aquaman,but that is not fair,we can't have everyone at the same level,what's the point in having so many different characters if all characters can match each other?,there must be heros with a level that other heros can't reach,certain villans that only certain heros can fight,it's good to have many characters with different power levels,everyone has a certain league,superman and wonder woman are powerhouses and they must be writteng that way,and wonder woman was victim of bad writting too many times in the past,so now it's time to give her the feats that she deserves as the powerhouse she really is.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lorex:

she isn't overpowered,she should be able to match superman power or be close to him in power,and there are many characters more powerful than them,some people seem to say they're overpowered because they compare them with street level characters like batman,or mid powerhouses like aquaman,but that is not fair,we can't have everyone at the same level,what's the point in having so many different characters if all characters can match each other?,there must be heros with a level that other heros can't reach,certain villans that only certain heros can fight,it's good to have many characters with different power levels,everyone has a certain league,superman and wonder woman are powerhouses and they must be writteng that way,and wonder woman was victim of bad writting too many times in the past,so now it's time to give her the feats that she deserves as the powerhouse she really is,and now that she is a semi-goddess,she should be more powerful than before the rebot.

Avatar image for cloudzackvincent
    cloudzackvincent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

no she is not, i think the only feat in the new 52 that shows a substantial increase in her powers is her beating up Artemis... and her only new power is that gimmick with the dual blades....

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

and her only new power is that gimmick with the dual blades....

Is that a power or an attribute of the bracers?

Avatar image for cloudzackvincent
    cloudzackvincent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@cloudzackvincent said:

and her only new power is that gimmick with the dual blades....

Is that a power or an attribute of the bracers?

actually it's an attribute of her bracers added by Hephaestus, but since the braces are a part of her standard gear.. i guess it can be considered a power in the same vein as Thor summoning a lightning bolt via Mjollnir..

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Bruxae

I like how shes made justice at the moment, eagerly awaiting some real feats from her.

She is the strongest female hero in DC pretty much so she should be very close to Superman without surpassing.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bruxae said:

She is the strongest female hero in DC pretty much so she should be very close to Superman without surpassing.

I like the idea of surpassing.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

She should be powerful. She's a modern-day Hercules.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bruxae said:

I like the idea of surpassing.

Personally I do too, although I can see why alot of people would be mad at the same time.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.