Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Is there a way to kill wonder woman?

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

Now that wonder woman is the god of war, can she be killed by people that are not gods?

Since I do remember them saying that a god can only be killed by another god.

SNascimento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Yes, Wonder Woman wasn't a god and she killed Ares. Although you could argue Diana is a goddess, and that she used Hephaestus weapons... Anyway, powerful enough beings can kill Wonder Woman or any god for that matter.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By dshipp17

Of course; Nero did it and there have been plenty of places throughout Wonder Woman's publication where she could have or should have perished. Perhaps not in the runs that people recommend new readers to go, such as in Perez and Rucka, but, outside of there, Wonder Woman has been very venerable to mortality; there's no difference between Wonder Woman now and Wonder Woman at the start of the Perez run, except that she learned that she was birthed instead of being made from clay.

Nerd Of A Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 2

Oh, that's easy...

Make a horrible WW movie that has nothing to do with the character or the plot of her adventures with nonsense. Make it just as bad as Tommy Wiseau's "The Room" and have it directed by Uwe Boll, and yeah she'll die of REAL shock there lol.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17: Well I kind of meant now that she is "War", since she is no longer a demi-god but a true god of war.

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Easy, find someone/thing above her tier and let them fight

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, Wonder Woman wasn't a god and she killed Ares. Although you could argue Diana is a goddess, and that she used Hephaestus weapons... Anyway, powerful enough beings can kill Wonder Woman or any god for that matter.

not any god,she has killed gods,any character above her power level can kill her,that is the case for superman too and most characters that are very powerful but not inmortals.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By dshipp17

@2cool4fun said:

@dshipp17: Well I kind of meant now that she is "War", since she is no longer a demi-god but a true god of war.

She has not chosen to take Ares's roll yet, so she has not been endowed Ares's powers just yet. Given that Ares is a minor demon, yes, Neron could still kill her. Otherwise, I'd agree that this would be an interesting question, except mortals have been portrayed as harming supernaturals in the DCU; it should be considered grossly incorrect, but, there you have it. However, right now, Wonder Woman has refused to embrace the role of Ares, so she remains in her prior status; if a mortal gained access to the object she used to kill Ares and that she used to mortally injure First Born, than it appears she can be killed, once or after she's decided to embrace the roll of Ares. By the way, can we consider that a mistake in Azz's writing? Using a physical object to harm a supernatural being? I'd answer in the affirmative, but gross misrepresentations of proper theological doctrine seems occur in the DCU and, especially, Vertigo quite often. Marvel is a lot better in this area of properly interpreting the status of supernaturals, so, Wonder Woman, if she embraced Ares's role, would probably do better in the Marvel Universe.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17: I think Azz's plan for her is to accept the role.

But about her killing war. I think the spear she killed them with was not a "normal" spear. I think it she materialized it with her ( improved ) bracelets, making it magic? Or something like that. But if that does not make sense, then yeah Azz made a mistake. But I just find it hard to believe that he would make that kind of mistake so soon after telling us that gods can't be killed by normal people ( or normal weapons? ).

clarkbruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.