Is Superman really billions of times stronger?

• 145 results
#1 Posted by GrandWonder (40 posts) - - Show Bio

According to Power Woman (poster) he is. And he/she??? has about 1200 plus post to show it.

#2 Posted by GrandWonder (40 posts) - - Show Bio

There. At least this thread is specifically for you Power Woman. No need to jump onto any other threads.

#3 Posted by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio

Almost was true

And New 52 :

#4 Edited by kgb725 (6440 posts) - - Show Bio

Seems like Hyperbole

#5 Posted by r2datu (717 posts) - - Show Bio

Almost was true

And New 52 :

Prove me wrong

#6 Posted by Poze11 (121 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought he is.

#7 Edited by Lvenger (21143 posts) - - Show Bio

No he really isn't billions of times stronger than Wonder Woman, they are on a similar level of strength and striking power. To deny otherwise ignores the close physical stats these two have. Having said that, there's a clear edge in who is physically stronger and hits harder. When Circe mindcontrolled Superman with a spell to turn his pain and anger from the destruction caused by Our World's at War into a bloodlusted state, Wonder Woman remarked 3 times in the fight just how physically powerful Superman was compared to her.

#8 Posted by Frozen (16086 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by w0nd (4038 posts) - - Show Bio

There. At least this thread is specifically for you Power Woman. No need to jump onto any other threads.

like a moth to flame LOL

#10 Posted by Farkam (5273 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

No he really isn't billions of times stronger than Wonder Woman, they are on a similar level of strength and striking power. To deny otherwise ignores the close physical stats these two have. Having said that, there's a clear edge in who is physically stronger and hits harder. When Circe mindcontrolled Superman with a spell to turn his pain and anger from the destruction caused by Our World's at War into a bloodlusted state, Wonder Woman remarked 3 times in the fight just how physically powerful Superman was compared to her.

#11 Posted by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozen: That just a cover,you need read it,really read it,not just hear someone said

#12 Posted by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio

One or Two battle cant prove it

Seriously, why do people ignore history,when superman can do this:

#13 Posted by Bronze_Surfer (2986 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Edited by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by Bronze_Surfer (2986 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by Bronze_Surfer (2986 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by CaptainTightpants12 (122 posts) - - Show Bio

When the Trinity is properly written, Superman should have the most pure-strength, Batman should have the most-skill, and as the second strongest and the second most skilled, that makes Wonder Woman the all-around best fighter of them.

#19 Posted by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio

@captaintightpants12: That mean wonder woman not should be most strongest woman in DC,she should be most best skills woman in DC

#20 Edited by CaptainTightpants12 (122 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman said:

@captaintightpants12: That mean wonder woman not should be most strongest woman in DC,she should be most best skills woman in DC

I don't know where you got that. Wonder Woman is the strongest and most skilled woman in the DC Universe, though Lady Shiva and Power Girl/Supergirl have to throw their hats into the conversation too. I was referring to the Trinity, which is the trio of Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman.

#21 Edited by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio

@captaintightpants12: Wonder woman said powergirl is stronger than her and supergirl would be stronger than wonder woman in future,dont forgot supergirl only 17 years old

#22 Edited by CaptainTightpants12 (122 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman said:

@captaintightpants12: Wonder woman said powergirl is stronger than her and supergirl would be stronger than wonder woman in future,dont forgot supergirl only 17 years old

Like I said, they should be able to throw their hats in the ring on the power-end just like Lady Shiva has a case on the skills-end. There's also the not so small matter of pre-Flashpoint Wonder Woman and New 52 Demi-God Wonder Woman, the latter not having shown the ceiling of her powers quite yet. If I go with my gut, Wonder Woman is probably stronger than Power Girl and Supergirl, though probably not as skilled as Lady Shiva.

Needless to say, I still think Wonder Woman is the best all-around fighter among all of the above mentioned, and is not only the best all-around female fighter, but the best all-around fighter of anyone in the DCU. But that's just my opinion.

#23 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (7010 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe.

#24 Edited by Pokeysteve (8652 posts) - - Show Bio

Obviously stronger? Yes.

A billion times stronger? No. Don't be an idiot. That's an awful big number and sneezing doesn't equate to strength and there is nothing showing PC Wonder Woman failing to do the things Superman has done.

He is definitely stronger. It's the only reason he can hang with her in a fight.

#25 Posted by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio

@pokeysteve: Sneeze is strength feats,also superman do that:

PC wonder woman only move moon,even far weaker than Post-crisis wonder woman who help superman move earth

@captaintightpants12: Wonder woman said powergirl at least as strong as fast as her

#26 Posted by CaptainTightpants12 (122 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: That's great and all, but that's something Wonder Woman said, not something that I know to be true. I don't even know when or where or in what context that was said. I'm just saying that even in the pre-Flashpoint DCU, it would be pretty close, and in the New 52 with the DemiGod origin, we don't know how strong Wonder Woman is, but it could be significantly stronger than she was in the pre-Flashpoint DCU.

I'm not discrediting Powergirl in the slightest. She's one of my favorite characters and far underutilized, not to mention extremely powerful, hence why I'm saying she's on Wonder Woman's level. If I'm going with my gut, I'm going with Wonder Woman though.

#27 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (7010 posts) - - Show Bio

By the why is this thread under a WW Forum?

#28 Posted by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: That's great and all, but that's something Wonder Woman said, not something that I know to be true. I don't even know when or where or in what context that was said. I'm just saying that even in the pre-Flashpoint DCU, it would be pretty close, and in the New 52 with the DemiGod origin, we don't know how strong Wonder Woman is, but it could be significantly stronger than she was in the pre-Flashpoint DCU.

I'm not discrediting Powergirl in the slightest. She's one of my favorite characters and far underutilized, not to mention extremely powerful, hence why I'm saying she's on Wonder Woman's level. If I'm going with my gut, I'm going with Wonder Woman though.

Yeah,but actual powergirl only have half-strength in the post crisis

Well,if you check feats,post-crisis wonder woman have a bit better than powergirl and supergirl,but in the pre-crisis,supergirl feats even close to PC superman(you know that guy,right?)

I think DC since post-crisis,wonder woman get strengthen

#29 Posted by CaptainTightpants12 (122 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: Well then I guess what you have to decide is what version of the character you want to talk about then. Powers, strength, skills fluctuate wildly over the various eras of the characters. I thought we were talking about the modern characters. If not, then you'll have to be more specific. For instance, modern Superman is nothing in comparison to the strength of Silver Age Superman. What era you want to talk about is everything.

#30 Posted by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio

@captaintightpants12: Post-crisis and Pre-crisis,both was gone,now,it's New 52

Wonder woman and supergirl no strength feats,but wonder woman said supergirl as strong as her

#31 Edited by CaptainTightpants12 (122 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: No, I know. I'm just saying that in the New 52, considering her new DemiGod status being Zeus daughter, I'd wager she's stronger than Supergirl and Power Girl. I know you're saying that Wonder Woman said that Supergirl is as strong as her, and I assume you mean when they met during H'el on Earth, but I still think that Wonder Woman is stronger than Supergirl. Maybe overtime, Supergirl will develop into being stronger, but my money is on Wonder Woman still. She's kicked some major ass in the New 52 and held her own against some very impressive foes so far.

#32 Edited by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio

@captaintightpants12: If she bench earth five days i would be agree that

However,that thread is about superman and wonder woman,superman still much stronger than wonder woman in new 52

#33 Posted by CaptainTightpants12 (122 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: I'm not arguing that Wonder Woman is stronger than Superman in any way, haha. The only time I compared her to Superman was when I in fact said that he was stronger than her, but she was more skilled, and therefore is the better all-around fighter.

#34 Posted by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio

@captaintightpants12: I agree that,and superman is not just stronger than wonder woman,he should be MUCH stronger than wonder woman,because he was Kryptonian,over time and over time,he would be get more solar energy and more,so,one day he could be INFINITE times more powerful than wonder woman

#35 Posted by CaptainTightpants12 (122 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: Well, I dunno about that. I think they should be relatively closed in terms of strength, because it's just boring for a character to be so much more powerful than the rat of them. But to each their own, I guess.

#36 Posted by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by Pokeysteve (8652 posts) - - Show Bio

@pokeysteve: Sneeze is strength feats,also superman do that:

PC wonder woman only move moon,even far weaker than Post-crisis wonder woman who help superman move earth

PC Wonder Woman has moved the Sun. You throw that scan around all the time.

#38 Posted by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio

@pokeysteve: I tell you that just cover,in the comic book,there only have two female charater push star-size,

1,Golden age Mary Marvel

2,Silver Age Supergirl

PC wonder woman(also that was golden age wonder woman ,not silver age wonder woman)only push the moon

#39 Posted by Nerd Of A Hero (897 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman's stronger than WW but he's NOT a billion times stronger, otherwise he'd be brushing her off like fly's. HIs strength is one of the handful of abilities he has that can take on the skillfully combatant WW.

#40 Posted by r2datu (717 posts) - - Show Bio

@pokeysteve: I tell you that just cover,in the comic book,there only have two female charater push star-size,

1,Golden age Mary Marvel

2,Silver Age Supergirl

PC wonder woman(also that was golden age wonder woman ,not silver age wonder woman)only push the moon

Prove me wrong.

#41 Posted by Klaus (559 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Post-Crises Wonder Woman was almost Supermans equal in every way.

New 52 Wonder Woman has already beaten Supergirl, scarred and hurt Faora and drew a lot of blood from Zod and forced him to make her stop by grabbing Superman by the throat and threatening to kill him.

#42 Edited by SayaOtonashi (198 posts) - - Show Bio

@r2datu: Golden Age lasso and pulled the sun

#43 Posted by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Posted by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio

@klaus: You really cant count ww beat zod and faora

PIS

#45 Posted by tigerkaya (1281 posts) - - Show Bio

PIS

But I thought Wonder Woman humiliating two Superman villains was a good thing?

#46 Posted by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman said:

PIS

More like shame superman and his fans

"Hey,you can bench earth weight,faster than speed of light,but even wonder woman better than you,who cant bench earth,cant faster than speed of light,but she just better than you"

That make superman feats look like completely pointless,like Karate kid beat PC superman who can move planet with his pinky and sneeze destroy solar system

#47 Posted by r2datu (717 posts) - - Show Bio

@tigerkaya said:

@powerwoman said:

PIS

More like shame superman and his fans

"Hey,you can bench earth weight,faster than speed of light,but even wonder woman better than you,who cant bench earth,cant faster than speed of light,but she just better than you"

That make superman feats look like completely pointless,like Karate kid beat PC superman who can move planet with his pinky and sneeze destroy solar system

Cancer.

#48 Posted by WonderTot (135 posts) - - Show Bio

PIS

Seriously? so SM/WW comic was PIS? I cant believe it

#49 Posted by Outside_85 (10227 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a fools errant to pull out Golden/Silver Age scans of Superman to prove something. Back then nearly everything was possible, sneeze out galaxies, pull planets on a string, Bizzaro punching him back to the age of dinosaurs... even for Superman to be a massive a-hole to Kara.

But none of that really has any bearing on how powerful he is this day and age, only that he is one of the most powerful. And when that's said, since 1986 Diana has been by DC considered his near physical equal, what she lacks in raw power is made up by being the superior combatant. If this wasn't the case, Sacrifice would have ended after 1 page and with Superman having ripped her head from her shoulders.

#50 Posted by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85: I think you dont know what is this thread

This is superman trillions times stronger than wonder woman,not said this is Post-crisis superman or New 52 superman OR pre-crisis superman

So,yes,Pre-crisis superman is TRILLION TIMES STRONGER THAN WONDER WOMAN

Even minimum

@powerwoman said:

PIS

Seriously? so SM/WW comic was PIS? I cant believe it

Yeah,i think no superman fans would be like wonder woman beat two kryptonians when she don't have that such power

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.