Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Is she like the Thor of the Justice League?

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
    deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I am not against the idea if that what her role is suppose to be like. I mean they have much in common aside from gender. The New 52 version of Diana seems to be much closer to Thor than ever. He is currently portrayed on a higher scale of power but Wonder Woman keeps getting better so who knows what could happen. All I want is the best for Wonder Woman and hope she won't looked as just a female Superman. She is better than that and DC should keep this god thing up with her.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

What comics do you currently read/or have read in your lifetime?

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am not against the idea if that what her role is suppose to be like. I mean they have much in common aside from gender. The New 52 version of Diana seems to be much closer to Thor than ever. He is currently portrayed on a higher scale of power but Wonder Woman keeps getting better so who knows what could happen. All I want is the best for Wonder Woman and hope she won't looked as just a female Superman. She is better than that and DC should keep this god thing up with her.

She was less like Superman pre-52 and before also less like Thor. I don´t know why emulating Thor would be a good idea, since he is the least popular of The Avengers, even behind Cap America. I think they need to work around pre-new 52 ww lore to bring her to the big screen. I know they´re going to make her Zeus´s daughter, but I feel that´s a dumb idea since it makes her best potential villain her brother and as such will limit her relationship with him. Zack obviously is just thinking about his film and not how WW will best work in her own solo movies. I have a bad feeling they are going to fuck up what everyone will have good will towards, because I get a sneaking suspision Gal is going to do a great job.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not reading much over in Marvel at the moment, so I can't say how powerful he's become or what his current role on the Avengers team looks like aside from the movie versions. I certainly don't think she looks like a female SM in the JL comics, but I wish DC would explore some of her hero adventures in man's world a bit ... I would love to see a Wonder Woman Year One story from the N52

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:
    @somayareece said:

I'm not reading much over in Marvel at the moment, so I can't say how powerful he's become or what his current role on the Avengers team looks like aside from the movie versions. I certainly don't think she looks like a female SM in the JL comics, but I wish DC would explore some of her hero adventures in man's world a bit ... I would love to see a Wonder Woman Year One story from the N52

Thor has fallen from grace.female Thor rules now.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No, Thor has always been the powerhouse who goes up against the big threats nobody else could like Sentry, Thanos, Ultron, etc which is something Wonder Woman doesn't/can't do.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cgoodness: except, of course, when she does. Ares, Firstborn, Doomsday, Brainiac, Darksied, Grail, Mongol ... The difference is she has SM and Martian Manhunter with her on the JL whereas Thor is clearly the most powerful in most Avengers teams.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goodboy6: oh I thought that was wrapping up with Secret Wars

moi245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl DAMN YOU SLAYED SO GOOD xDDDD keep it up

Avatar image for rocketraccoonthingy
    rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 8

Kinda.............. Except WW doesn't take on the big guns as much as Thor.

~RRT

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
    deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:

@cgoodness: except, of course, when she does. Ares, Firstborn, Doomsday, Brainiac, Darksied, Grail, Mongol ... The difference is she has SM and Martian Manhunter with her on the JL whereas Thor is clearly the most powerful in most Avengers teams.

Scarlet Witch and Quasar are more powerful than Thor so I fail to see Cgoodness' point. Wonder Woman has currently been portrayed as the biggest threat aside from Superman as of late. Martian Manhunter not even with the JL anymore. It really depends on the writer. She was the only one fighting off that Hydra monster in one of the arcs and held off Grail.

Avatar image for darkdetective27
    darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

@csg_cl: A Wonder Woman Year One would be awesome. I hope they do something like that.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@csg_cl: Ares, Darkseid, and Braniac are the only true threats on that list to be honest, the rest are herald tier. I don't remember WW ever giving DS or Brains a decent 1v1 though just Ares (who's ironically the most powerful on that list).

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cgoodness: Grail is looking like a pretty significant threat thus far considering she took down the entire JL without even breaking a sweat. First Born nearly destroyed the universe before Diana stopped him ... Not to mention he smacked around Apollo and Orion with little effort. Mongol proved to be a pretty significant threat to SM on any number of occasions so WW taking him down is a good accomplishment. She also fought Brainiac during the events of Doomed and proved able to resist his telepathy and the mental attacks Brainiac-Lois directed at her.

Also I don't think it is ever valid to compare power levels of a DC character to a Marvel character. There is zero basis of comparison since they are completely different. Who knows if Thor is 1000x SM or 1/10th SM

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, she's not the Thor of the Justice League, she should be though.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.