Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Is Johns Wonder Woman ruining her image?

• 118 results
    lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@danieles: You sound silly. She acts nothing like a man. Read a Wonder Woman comic instead of reading Johns Wonder Woman.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a77aa5e0a324
    deactivated-5a77aa5e0a324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danieles: Again, the power she was born with doesn't make her manly to me. Being strong or a warrior is not a feature relegated only to men. She is a strong role model for women because she is a strong female character. She doesn't need to be constantly worried about her appearance or what her male teammates think of her to be feminine.

Danieles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Being strong or a warrior is not a feature relegated only to men" im afraid that armies, the forces that has our modern warriors, are much more men than women, even in your US egalitarian country. Through the history,. armies were made by men, not by women, and that has a very strong reason: armies were created for to protect women and children. This its why you american guys are losing teh battle against muslims: because muslims doesnt makes teh same mistake than yours: to put their women in the battlefront.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

John's also made Superman into a statue.

Danieles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilben42 said:

@danieles: You sound silly. She acts nothing like a man. Read a Wonder Woman comic instead of reading Johns Wonder Woman.

Its because you born in a time when the popular culture and politicians erased the concept of sexual differences; but if ya likes butch females, its your taste, not mine. If ya doesnt finds akwards that women acts like men, then just go out teh closet and start to date with another men, lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danieles: There are women in the armed forces though. There may be more men than women, but that doesn't mean it's something a woman can't do. However, getting back to the original point: I disagree with you. Simple as that. I like WW being strong and being able to fight and defend others. None of those things sacrifice her femininity to me. She can do the same things as her male counterparts and that doesn't make her "butch" or less of a woman.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Danieles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danieles: There are women in the armed forces though. There may be more men than women, but that doesn't mean it's something a woman can't do. However, getting back to the original point: I disagree with you. Simple as that. I like WW being strong and being able to fight and defend others. None of those things sacrifice her femininity to me. She can do the same things as her male counterparts and that doesn't make her "butch" or less of a woman.

Lol, dont tell me that you saw G.I. Jane by Demi Moore and you believe it! lol Well guys, your enemies doesnt commit the same mistake than yours, to put their women in teh battlefront; when you says "None of those things sacrifice her femininity to me. She can do the same things as her male counterparts and that doesn't make her "butch" or less of a woman." , this ist because you are used to see in the popular culture strong women: that creates a loop in your mind, so you ends believing it withotu question: thats how indoctrination works actually. But look around you : our entire civilzation was made by men, by men that thinked, created, invented, risked their own lives. You are in internet, because many men invented the network, computers, programes; Thats what we men do, women needs 1.000.000 of years to achieve teh same thinsg than men, so, keep waiting. Wonder woman sacrifices her femininity when she fights like a man, its simple, its like to see Superman painting his nails.

ace20xd6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Well most of the Justice League characters feel like stereotypes of themselves, not just Wonder Woman.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danieles: Actually I believe in strong women because I was raised around them. They're not some kind of magical creatures who only exist in pop culture. Yes, men have invented more things than women, but that doesn't mean women have done nothing at all. And many of the women who did step up and defy the norms that "only a man can do this" did so without acknowledgment/help/respect from their male peers. Seems pretty strong to me. But again, we're going to have to agree to disagree about what makes a woman manly or not.

Danieles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Danieles

@divingfalcon713 said:

@danieles: Actually I believe in strong women because I was raised around them. They're not some kind of magical creatures who only exist in pop culture. Yes, men have invented more things than women, but that doesn't mean women have done nothing at all. And many of the women who did step up and defy the norms that "only a man can do this" did so without acknowledgment/help/respect from their male peers. Seems pretty strong to me. But again, we're going to have to agree to disagree about what makes a woman manly or not.

The dead tally of the rescue services involving paramedics, firemen and policemen during the 11th September terrorist attack it was 317 casualties: 317 men, 0 women. Now tell me about true male heroes. For this kind of things i knows that extreme physical strenght/toughness/stamina/resistance from WW is a fiction construct, and was on purpose: what purpose you may asks? to make ya, and many other american men/women to believes, that women are more stronger.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danieles:in fiction everything is poosible,you thinking it too much,wonder woman power set is the most common power set in comic world for males and females,and usually her comic isn't abnout her trying to kill people or prove she is superior to men and act like a warrior that likes to kill,that is way out of her usual character,so again,go read the perez,ruka and simone runs and tell me if that wonder woman is like you describe her.

Danieles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Danieles

@gokuwarrior said:

@danieles:in fiction everything is poosible,you thinking it too much,wonder woman power set is the most common power set in comic world for males and females,and usually her comic isn't abnout her trying to kill people or prove she is superior to men and act like a warrior that likes to kill,that is way out of her usual character,so again,go read the perez,ruka and simone runs and tell me if that wonder woman is like you describe her.

Everything its possible, but what im complaining for ist not how possible or impossible are the wonder woman: my main complain its about the visual metaphors that she offers, and what her comic does/influences people. Thats why im more focused to see your reactions, and you guys are proving very well my theories about WW. From my point of view, the fact that she is a beautiful woman is useless: a 2m's height Frog with super strenght will do the same than her.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By gokuwarrior

@danieles:the fact that you think she should be ugly to make sense is irrelevant and ridiculous,she is what she is and for what she stands for,and in her comics she has talked many times that beauty is just something from the outside that has no relevance when it comes to people worth,if you don't like what she is,what she stands for don't read her stuff,but don't come here pretending that we live our lives based on what we see in a wonder woman's comic,it's a comic,it's men to be a way to entretain,it can give some useful messages but at the end of the day entretaiment is the main purpose.

Danieles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Danieles

@gokuwarrior said:

@danieles:the fact that you think she should be ugly to make sense is irrelevant and ridiculous,she is what she is and for what she stands for,and in her comics she has talked many times that beauty is just something from the outside that has no relevance when it comes to people worth,if you don't like what she is,what she stands for don't read her stuff,but don't come here pretending that we live our lives based on what we see in a wonder woman's comic,it's a comic,it's men to be a way to entretain,it can give some useful messages but at the end of the day entretaiment is the main purpose.

No i dont think that she must be ugly, i thinks that she must be more feminine, and to use her beautyness for something good. Its a waste of ink to draw a very beautiful character if ya guys only wanna see her kicking males asses.

"don't come here pretending that we live our lives based on what we see in a wonder woman's comic" No, im not implying that, there is must be a lot of another cultural/political influences outside of WW that makes you american guys to thinks that a woman looks great acting like a man. WW its just the top of teh iceberg, but , i must start with something if i wanna to melt it.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By gokuwarrior

@danieles: wonder woman is feminine but when the tough times come and she can't talk things out,she will fight,and we don't want to see her kicking men asses all the time,becayse she never fights without a reason,she is not going around trying to prove that she is better than men,her character is much more than that,she is playing a losing game for being an strong woman in a world where men are relevant,she can't fight without some people finding her masculine for being tough when the occasion calls for it,but with that she is the ultimate example of women in real life,just like in real life police women and military women are the smallest part of the group,wonder woman is the minority in her playground,and it tells us that sometimes women have to take the men roles,when you are in trouble and there is no men around are the females supposed to stand and be helpless without trying to protect themselves?,when there are problems and rhwre is no men around,are the women supposed to be just spectators?,no i don't thik so,and wonder woman represents that,she represnts the fact that sometimes women have to take care of themselves and they can be capable of doing that,and doing it doesn't make them less feminine.

Danieles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior: "she is playing a losing game for being an strong woman in a world where men are relevan" and you were the one that accused me to has old images of women? So, in your words, she is a poor victim of a male dominan society, better to say, a patriarchy? LOL, sorry but i heared that thousands of times from feminist, and its the ultimate evidence that you has been indoctrinated into feminist propaganda from long timew ago. Ill get you an advice Goku, if you speaks with teh same arguments and shame tactics than feminists, you will achieve nothing. Open your eyes Goku, your American society made men a second-class citizens: proof of this its simple, the double standars: feminism tell us that all women are good and all men are evil. Tell me if laws are teh same for men and women in your country, tell me , if men treated in the popular media are treated with respect, tell me if a woman arent able to accuse you as a rapist, making damage to your reputation, without any evidence; tell me if you can sue a woman that touches your balls in teh same way than a woman can sue you if you touches her butt, tell me if in a divorce, she will not take your kids, your car,your money and your house in the divorce process. Your american country its already kidnapped by feminism, years ago, and you still defending strong women. Keep thinkin that Goku.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danieles: she is playing a losing game because males are always more popular than females in the comics,and if she is shown being strong,kicking somebody's ass some people like you will call her masculine,see?,you are the proof that some people still think that a woman can't be strong or can't be a fighter and be feminine,that's what you are saying,and i don't agree.

Danieles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Danieles

@gokuwarrior said:

@danieles: she is playing a losing game because males are always more popular than females in the comics,and if she is shown being strong,kicking somebody's ass some people like you will call her masculine,see?,you are the proof that some people still think that a woman can't be strong or can't be a fighter and be feminine,that's what you are saying,and i don't agree.

"you are the proof that some people still think that a woman can't be strong or can't be a fighter and be feminine,that's what you are saying" , im not only thinking , im sure! want evidence?: in the olympic games: the most faster woman in the world are no match for the faster man in the world. The heavy that the more stronger woman can lifts are below that the heavy that the stronger man can lifts. Men jumps higher, throws objects more higher and farer. About combat skills: why do you thinks that professional tournaments of martial arts are separated by genders? because , at the same weight, women cant defeat men with the same training. And after all of women efforts in olympics, you can see them they sacrificed long time ago their feminine for to achieve the medals, specially the heavy lifters. Infor better next time please.

Hawkguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He makes her come off as a real bitch... that's my only complaint.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.