Is Johns trying to bring back that stupid alter ego?

• 85 results
#51 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34336 posts) - - Show Bio

Johns needs to stop attempting to give the characters development that contradicts there solo books, he should be taking his keys from them not the other way round

#52 Posted by Billy Batson (58268 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Johns needs to stop attempting to give the characters development that contradicts there solo books, he should be taking his keys from them not the other way round

Well he has discussed Wonder Woman with Azzarello and asked if her actions contradicts her character or not.
BB

#53 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34336 posts) - - Show Bio
@Billy Batson said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Johns needs to stop attempting to give the characters development that contradicts there solo books, he should be taking his keys from them not the other way round

Well he has discussed Wonder Woman with Azzarello and asked if her actions contradicts her character or not.
BB

Well they need to talk more, Wonder Woman even had her sword strapped to her leg instead of forming it from her bracelets 
#54 Posted by RazzaTazz (9698 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jonny_Anonymous said:
Johns needs to stop attempting to give the characters development that contradicts there solo books, he should be taking his keys from them not the other way round
I liked the most recent Aquaman because of that, it just skipped the "character development" and made her into a hero.
#55 Posted by RazzaTazz (9698 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:

I have no problem with WW getting a secret identity so long as she doesn't go back to powerless Karate woman we're cool

I like present Wonder Woman as she is (except for romance with SM) but the mod girl era was pretty cool at times.  
#56 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34336 posts) - - Show Bio
@RazzaTazz said:
@Jonny_Anonymous said:
I liked the most recent Aquaman because of that, it just skipped the "character development" and made her into a hero.
Yea Johns should go with Hickmans idea for Avengers, in other worlds leave the character development for the solo books and focus on telling a good story as well as the characters without books. 
#57 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

@RazzaTazz said:

The thing which bothered me about that is that she has divine wisdom but she can't figure out how to make a secret identity?

Perhaps it never occurred to her. It's clear that she felt like she didn't need one before. Or perhaps she's just humoring him, that honeymoon stage at the beginning of a relationship is usually very polite and cordial, then things start getting real.

#58 Posted by WDW (1516 posts) - - Show Bio

My impression of Wonder Woman's personality is that she would not have a super secret identity like clark kent and Bruce Wayne. However she would not advertise herself if she was not in costume.

More likely she would be trying to convince superman KAL from dropping his.... I also see her adopting a secret identity only because she does not want to "OUT" clark kent as superman.

#59 Posted by jointron33 (1901 posts) - - Show Bio

Azzarello stated that she does not have a secret id. So........yeah

#60 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe Diana Prince will only be used in the Justice League title.

#61 Posted by Ironhawk22 (320 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

Well we know he has a Silver Age fetish so this really shouldn't be a shock

This x10

#62 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

Most of the New 52 are reboots back to the golden age and silver age. The wonder woman solo title is an exception since it has more similarities to the mythology approach of the George Perez reboot after COIE. The Justice League Wonder Woman draws more from the golden age and silver age with Steve, Etta and Cheetah.

#63 Posted by TDK_1997 (15084 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not against that.I would love to see Diana as a human in a non-violent way.

#64 Posted by Jake Fury (19167 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it. She needs some down time.

#65 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

A Diana Prince identity is useful so Diana does not have to look like a stripper 24x7.

#66 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

I think she also did it to go on a date with Clark Kent.

because otherwise, people would be, ''Hey, what's Wonder Woman doing with Clark Kent?''

#67 Posted by RazzaTazz (9698 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't get the "secret" or "personal time" angle, the two of them could for a date in places that regular people only dream of

#68 Posted by drgnx (3566 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it is good as long as it does not get over-played

#69 Posted by jointron33 (1901 posts) - - Show Bio

Diana Prince is an abomination. Post-Crisis Wonder Woman is the only Wonder Woman.

#70 Posted by darkman61288 (777 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea he is. In Superman number 19

#71 Posted by jointron33 (1901 posts) - - Show Bio

What do you mean in #19?

#72 Posted by darkman61288 (777 posts) - - Show Bio

@jointron33: In an Interview with Lobdell he says that she attends Lois and Johns housewarming party with Clark. He leaves to combat evil or something and she says. The interview is on CBR.

#73 Edited by impossibilly (892 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83 said:

so please...calm down

Possibly the best advice I've seen on this site the internet.

#74 Posted by jointron33 (1901 posts) - - Show Bio

God damn it! That stupid alter ego won't stay dead in hell with Marston!!!!! Damn it!

#75 Posted by Black_Claw (3042 posts) - - Show Bio

Johns. We all know you love the Silver age, but don't you think this is taking things a little bit to far?

#76 Posted by jointron33 (1901 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn what fans say, azzarello is one of the few at dc who gets ww. And btw, George Perez created ww.

#77 Posted by Teerack (7366 posts) - - Show Bio

What's wrong with making Wonder Woman more interesting?

#78 Posted by jointron33 (1901 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack: Doing the opposite

#79 Edited by Teerack (7366 posts) - - Show Bio

@jointron33: I think giving her an alter ego and actually making an effort to show a side of her we haven't before is a lot more interesting than "Hey what random person will she fight this time with a random greek god name!?"

#80 Posted by Black_Claw (3042 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack: She's already a very interesting character. I just hate it whenever writers try to give her a secret identity because I think the princess persona works better for her and plus it makes her unique compared to other heroes like Batman and Superman who use secret identities.

#81 Posted by Teerack (7366 posts) - - Show Bio

@Black_Claw: Not having a secret identity isn't that unique. With the exception of Spider-man no Marvel heroes have one.

#82 Posted by Black_Claw (3042 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack: Well unique to DC heroes then. I just simply think a public Princess persona just works a lot better for her.

#83 Posted by Teerack (7366 posts) - - Show Bio

@Black_Claw: She could still have both.

#84 Posted by jointron33 (1901 posts) - - Show Bio

It is unique.....for DC.

#85 Posted by jointron33 (1901 posts) - - Show Bio

God I hate pre Perez Wonder Woman. The only place that Perez messed up was removing Steve as the love interest. Besides that, ww didn't exist before Crisis.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.