Is First Born turning into DCs Thanos?

#1 Posted by Bezza (3859 posts) - - Show Bio

...In the sense that he seems to tank absolutely anything thrown at him, he has previously badly beaten Orion who gives Superman a run for his money usually, beaten Wonder Woman after she took her bracelets off... (ok she did get her own back)... and made Apollo look very weedy in this months WW comic. Reminds me a bit of the grinning titan from over at Marvel in that sense.

#2 Edited by ArturoCalaKayVee (12592 posts) - - Show Bio

No, I just think he's a very powerful villain for Wonder Woman. Just because he can tank Orion, Apollo, and Wonder Woman respectively doesn't mean he's like Thanos in my opinion.

#3 Posted by EnigmaLantern (763 posts) - - Show Bio

To me, noone else in the DCU will be as close to being like Thanos, or vice versa, than Darkseid.

#4 Edited by Saint_Wildcard (12026 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish I could contribute but I'm barely on volume 2.

#5 Posted by Outside_85 (10264 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to agree, FB doesnt become DC's Thanos just because he is an epic tank.

#6 Posted by tigerkaya (1281 posts) - - Show Bio

What no, he's more like a greek version of Juggernaut. As to Thanos while he can take on multiple enemies he never outright defeated them and this is coming from a Thanos. He's most dangerous when it comes to his intellect and using his opponents own strength against them.

#7 Posted by ClarkKent12 (133 posts) - - Show Bio

No Darkseid is DC's Thanos.

#8 Posted by cloudzackvincent (1025 posts) - - Show Bio

As others have said, Darkseid is DC's Thanos.... also Thanos himself was inspired by Darkseid. As far as the First Born is concerned, he seems to be a juggernaut but he doesn't look like much of a thinker. And i think he will mainly remain a WW villain.

#9 Posted by RustyRoy (13905 posts) - - Show Bio

As others have said, Darkseid is DC's Thanos.... also Thanos himself was inspired by Darkseid. As far as the First Born is concerned, he seems to be a juggernaut but he doesn't look like much of a thinker. And i think he will mainly remain a WW villain.

I think he's smart enough and why think when you can fight through it and whatever his plan is its working, so far he's winning.

#10 Posted by matchesmalone21 (9182 posts) - - Show Bio

WHAT?

#11 Edited by Primebonnick (2926 posts) - - Show Bio

plz don't insult thanos like that.

#12 Posted by tigerkaya (1281 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by dagmar_merrill (10267 posts) - - Show Bio

Not in the slightest.

#14 Posted by MaccyD (5111 posts) - - Show Bio

If tanking several powerhouse makes a character like Thanos, shouldn't half of the JL's rogue gallery be included in this as well?

#15 Edited by drgnx (3566 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol .... He reminded of Thanos too, when Apollo scored him, he was almost as ugly ...

#16 Posted by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Edited by Bezza (3859 posts) - - Show Bio

Thinking about this again, yes Thanos is the Marvel answer to Darkseid, but I think FB is more than a Juggernaut, I mean he is tanking blows off of characters who are Superman's level and then putting them down. I don't see Juggs doing that to the people he encounters (i.e. HULK) who are in Superman's power-range.. Read WW 23 again and the fight between FB and Orion is brutal, its over very quickly, Orion doesnt get back up again after a brutal beating and it DOES remind me a lot of Thanos vs Black Bolt in Infinity.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.