Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Is Diana The Strongest Female In DC?

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

she power girl super girl big barda maxima are the strongest for me. Her as the strongest i don't know i say maxima is stronger than her

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254  Edited By jasonhawke

If Wonderwoman -is- the strongest. I'd be disappointed.

Kazuma_Bushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255  Edited By Kazuma_Bushi

Someone stated it earlier in this thread but personally for me it's:

Maxima> Wonder Woman> Power Girl> Supergirl

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From what I've seen power girl is stronger and Supergirl will be one day.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
    deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: Supergirl has never matured and grown enough to beat wonder woman in comics but eventually she will. There's really no arguing it, the sun will charge her continually and she will eventually become stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: Being stronger than wonder woman doesn't make her a superman equal. Wonder woman is weaker than superman. But yes, Supergirl will continually get stronger and eventually surpass wonder woman in strength.

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Silver Age Supergirl was stronger than Wonder Woman just saying

WonderTot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not strongest, but powerful, powerful = strong + skill + intellect, WW is warrior, shes not use raw power because shes not as strong as powergirl, and forget about SA era, because we live in new52!

For me, powergirl is the most strongest female on dcu (on raw power class) and then maxima and supergirl

Avatar image for wonderwomanfan8
    WonderWomanFan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zhurong said:

Silver Age Supergirl was stronger than Wonder Woman just saying

That's only because a creative team completely depowered Wonder Woman by taking her powers all away. No female hero has been as severely crippled as WW.

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#267  Edited By TheBlondeGod

I think she is. DC made her even more powerful as witnessed in The New 52. She even went to God mode, and I do know that she overpowered/outmatched Supergirl. If DC plans on making Supergirl or Powergirl more powerful in the future I still doubt that those two would (not saying can because they have chances tho) be stronger than WW, unless they want to change the trio replacing WW. Lol but that can't be, she's been a legend now.

TehStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, Elaine Belloc is.

linkjt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269  Edited By linkjt

Not strongest, but powerful, powerful = strong + skill + intellect, WW is warrior, shes not use raw power because shes not as strong as powergirl, and forget about SA era, because we live in new52!

For me, powergirl is the most strongest female on dcu (on raw power class) and then maxima and supergirl

diana is stronger than supergirl and power,maxima may be stronger,that would make diana the second strongest.

Avatar image for wonderwomanfan8
    WonderWomanFan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's more to strength than just brute force. as Wonder Woman once said, one thing stronger than super strength is the power of the brain. I wish they'd bring her mental powers back.

jdhaddad1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wonderwomanfan8: me too! At the very least her sisterhood with animals would be a nice addition. I feel like the New 52 version is far less empathetic (at least outside of Azzerello's storyline) than previous versions.

I do think they intent to continue to further develop her powers into this realm since we've seen her new ability to telepathically communicate with soldiers and perhaps the war scream has a mental connection as well. I'd love for them to explore her new gifts as a god.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272  Edited By PowerWoman

Not really,Even wonder woman no depowered,in the silver age/pre-crisis, supergirl still much stronger than wonder woman,who push planets like child player as superman as did it

WonderTot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@linkjt said:

@wondertot said:

diana is stronger than supergirl and power,maxima may be stronger,that would make diana the second strongest.

she can beat PG/SG because shes have more experience and skill, since SG/PG was not a warrior, so WW can beat her, but in class of brute force, for me PG is more stronger than WW since she is kryptonian.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#274  Edited By Outside_85

I am pretty sure there are some that are stronger, but only slightly, and Diana's training in h2h usually means she beats those.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
    deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Still no.

linkjt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wondertot: PG wasn't able to break free from wonder woman's grab,so PG is not stronger.

UsagiTsukino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wasn't there a chart with both Marvel and Dc Superheroines chart. Diana was up there. 100 tons+ and Supergirls was 50+. However Diana is stronger without her bracelets

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

Post Crisis Diana was nowhere near the strongest. Every Kryptonian female was stronger than her just to name the most obvious. New 52 hasn't really been given definable feats without the bracelets, IIRC.

UsagiTsukino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279  Edited By UsagiTsukino

She was able to deal with Zora(righted?)

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:

@erik said:

Post Crisis Diana was nowhere near the strongest. Every Kryptonian female was stronger than her just to name the most obvious. New 52 hasn't really been given definable feats without the bracelets, IIRC.

what did supergirl or powergirl do to suggest they are stronger?,post crisis supergirl was unable to break free from WW's grab,and WW was able to stun her with one casual punch,powergirl was also unable to break free from WW's grab.

Diana has said Power Girl was stronger. Supergirl was not unable to break free. She wasn't even given an opportunity and hardly had developed a way to defend herself when it happened anyway. Not being as strong as does not mean you can't stun or knock out if you are still in the ballpark. I've read every Post Crisis Wonder Woman title. She is not as strong as any Kryptonian.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:

@erik: WW did not say that PG was stronger,she said they were equals,but PG was not able to break free from her grab,so no PG hasn't more strength.

You mean except for the fact that WW said she was losing the fight with PG in a straight slug-fest? WW had to start using her superior fighting skill to beat PG and even then, she was unable to seriously hurt PG. Oh and then there is the fact that she has taken WW down in one shot before.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285  Edited By Erik

@agent41 said:

@erik said:

@agent41 said:

@erik: WW did not say that PG was stronger,she said they were equals,but PG was not able to break free from her grab,so no PG hasn't more strength.

You mean except for the fact that WW said she was losing the fight with PG in a straight slug-fest? WW had to start using her superior fighting skill to beat PG and even then, she was unable to seriously hurt PG. Oh and then there is the fact that she has taken WW down in one shot before.

she said they were equals,then she said that PG was wrong if she thinks that she will hold back against her that is when she blitzz PG from canada,and she did not use skill at all when she held PG in a lock,that was pure strength and nothing more,WW taking hits from PG,shazam,superman and doomsday without being KO=PG one shotting WW is PIS.

No Caption Provided

I say the same thing when I am winning a fight of strength. Wonder Woman did NOT say they were equals. She said that Power Girl is at LEAST as strong as her.

I don't think you know what grappling is. Not much strength at all is needed for that particular spinal lock. It is by design, to make an opponent's strength largely irrelevant. It's a submission move for a reason. Your opponent's strength becomes your own weapon in it. Forcing their arms down causes severe hyperflexion of the cervical vertebrae. You are out of your wheelhouse here.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#287  Edited By Erik

@agent41 said:

@erik: and in the next scan WW starts to take the fight seriously and easily put PG in her place.

I never said Wonder Woman didn't subdue Power Girl, Jesus Christ. Wonder Woman beat her with her superior skill though, that much was well established to anyone that actually READ the issue. If Wonder Woman was stronger, she could have just punched Power Girl out. She couldn't. Not a single hit that Wonder Woman connected with caused any kind of lasting damage. Why else do you think Wonder Woman went for submission? Wonder Woman is highly competitive. If she thought she could win playing by someone else's rules, she would.

A feat isn't PIS because you don't like it. There has never been anything to suggest that Wonder Woman is stronger than a Kryptonian. So yeah, getting one-shot is absolutely possible. Daxamites are not generally regarded as stronger than Kryptonians but Wonder Woman lost against one of them as well. The Daxamite let her win and Diana was exhausted afterwards anyway. Fan wanking Wonder Woman against the guy who is the undisputed master of Post Crisis Wonder Woman on this site is pretty darn silly.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:

have it your way,WW is weak,let's forget all the times that WW was taking hits from characters stronger than PG without being KO,let's forget all about those countless times and say that PG can one shot her,supergirl can one shot her,shazam can one shot her,superman can one shot her,aquaman can one shot her,ms marvel can one shot her,since that is what some people here think,so have it your way,WW is weak,so weak that she couldn't even hope to beat a mid tier.

greetings.

A Kryptonian being stronger than Wonder Woman does not make Wonder Woman weak. Wonder Woman can take a hit, sure. But there are lots of characters and even people in real life that can take hits from others far stronger than they are. How many times has Batman had his face smashed by the likes of Bane and Deathstroke? He is nowhere near their strength but he can still take a hit from them and keep fighting.

Also, way to lose an argument like a baby.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:

like a baby?,you are here saying that WW can be one shotted by PG even though WW has taken many hits from characters stronger than PG without being KO,and according to people here shazam,superman and any kryptonian can beat WW effortless and even ms marvel is a WW equal,so why should i bother to go on?,people always assume WW is weaker than the character she is fighting,no matter who that character is.

Yeah, like a baby.

Wonder Woman can be one-shot by a Kryptonian, deal with it with at least a little grace. That doesn't make her weak at all nor does it mean she will always get one-shot. She is still strong enough to help move the Earth. Ms. Marvel cannot. You could at least try to dry your eyes before posting.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:

@erik said:

@agent41 said:

like a baby?,you are here saying that WW can be one shotted by PG even though WW has taken many hits from characters stronger than PG without being KO,and according to people here shazam,superman and any kryptonian can beat WW effortless and even ms marvel is a WW equal,so why should i bother to go on?,people always assume WW is weaker than the character she is fighting,no matter who that character is.

Yeah, like a baby.

Wonder Woman can be one-shot by a Kryptonian, deal with it with at least a little grace. That doesn't make her weak at all nor does it mean she will always get one-shot. She is still strong enough to help move the Earth. Ms. Marvel cannot. You could at least try to dry your eyes before posting.

oh really?,why would you suggest that any kryptonian is stronger?,SP and PG are not as strong as superman by a considerable margin.

and i don't need to dry my eyes,i am not that involved with a fictional character to get sad about things like this.

Supergirl and Power Girl don't need to be as strong as Superman to still be stronger than Wonder Woman. Wonder Woman is not as strong as Superman either.

You clearly do need to dry your eyes, since you were throwing a fit over the realization that Wonder Woman is not the strongest female in DC.

UsagiTsukino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#298  Edited By UsagiTsukino

How strong should she be to me she should be on par with Superman(without her bracelets) but has skills to make it up for raw power.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:

WW has better feats than supergirl and PG and i don't need to dry my eyes because i always knew that WW is not the strongest female in DC,females like blue moon and maxima are stronger for example.

• Better feats, sure. But high end feats are not the norm and what does it matter if you get punched out every time you fight someone with less feats?
    • One cannot dispute that Batman has significantly more high end showings than Deathstroke does but it doesn't matter. Deathstroke simply is stronger every time they fight.
    • If you already knew that Wonder Woman isn't the strongest, why are you having such a hard time accepting it in this thread?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.