Injustice Battle Arena: Wonder Woman vs Batman

• 129 results
#101 Posted by jphulk26 (1332 posts) - - Show Bio

@Goddessa: @Goddessa said:

@JakeN7 said:

@Goddessa said:

Let's give the fanboys there big day (if ever Batman wins)...Injustice would probably be the only time Batman can win over WW. He can't win over Diana in any storyline in any comic books, cartoons, and even in the minds of the DC writers...this is their once in a lifetime chance. :D

Except Tower of Babel...

Yeah, arguing with them is like arguing with a toddler!

I like Batman...but I don't and won't like his fanboys!!

Seriously? Now who's being immature? You don't have to hate an entire demographic because you have a differing opinion than us. And if some of us come off as rude, then ignore them and move one. You don't have to assume all Bat-Fans are like that.

But who am I to judge? I feel the same way about the Storm fans on here. ; P

I failed to see Batman actually fighting Diana there. All I know is Batman sneakily tried Diana to psychologically battle herself because he knows for a fact that the only person who can beat her in a fair fight is herself...not him, not the whole league!

Well if you go on your way to come all over here on a WW thread just to insist your fanboyism opinion of Batman, then my point exactly! I don't go across any Batman, Thor, or Superman thread just to preach, convince, insist my opinion of Diana to any of them. You just actually proven to me why I don't like Batman fan-boys!

Seconded, you´ve got to admit Goddessa does have a point there.

#102 Edited by toptom (1156 posts) - - Show Bio

this game ...is just a game.batman was obviously going to win this. he has got 3 amazing films and many amazing games in these years: he is just too popular right now.What surpizes me ( not much to be honest) is how much people really think he can defeat diana in a batlle.

#103 Posted by RustyRoy (11974 posts) - - Show Bio

@Goddessa said:

@RustyRoy said:

@JakeN7 said:

@Goddessa said:

Let's give the fanboys there big day (if ever Batman wins)...Injustice would probably be the only time Batman can win over WW. He can't win over Diana in any storyline in any comic books, cartoons, and even in the minds of the DC writers...this is their once in a lifetime chance. :D

Except Tower of Babel...

Also in Kingdom Come he gave her a good fight even when he was old and broken and she was in her prime.

But did he win over Diana? A good fight is not a win!

Nobody won.

#104 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14594 posts) - - Show Bio

@RustyRoy: Except Batman, seriously people! Did you guys really think that WW had a chance. It's going to end with Batman vs Superman. I call it today.

#105 Posted by SNascimento (441 posts) - - Show Bio

Is Kingdom Come there was not a good fight between them. All Batman did was not die.

#106 Posted by RustyRoy (11974 posts) - - Show Bio

@SNascimento: Care to explain how, he's clearly holding her off while being more than 60 years old and his whole body broken.

#107 Posted by SNascimento (441 posts) - - Show Bio

@RustyRoy: Exactly, he was holding her off using a mechanized suit. Nothing more.

#108 Posted by JakeN7 (11667 posts) - - Show Bio

@Goddessa said:

@JakeN7 said:

@Goddessa said:

Except Tower of Babel...

Seriously? Now who's being immature? You don't have to hate an entire demographic because you have a differing opinion than us. And if some of us come off as rude, then ignore them and move one. You don't have to assume all Bat-Fans are like that.

I failed to see Batman actually fighting Diana there. All I know is Batman sneakily tried Diana to psychologically battle herself because he knows for a fact that the only person who can beat her in a fair fight is herself...not him, not the whole league!

Well if you go on your way to come all over here on a WW thread just to insist your fanboyism opinion of Batman, then my point exactly! I don't go across any Batman, Thor, or Superman thread just to preach, convince, insist my opinion of Diana to any of them.

I didn't go over to a Wonder Woman thread. I found this in the top of the forum list as a thread discussing Wonder Woman versus BATMAN. That's why my "fanboyism" is appropriate. I honestly didn't know this was in the Wonder Woman sub-forums until you pointed it out to me. But, it doesn't matter anyways, because that's irrelevant. This is a discussion about TWO characters (that's what makes it a fight) and one of them happens to be Batman. Not sure why I'm not allowed to be a fanboy when the Wonder Woman fans are running rampant throughout the thread as well. You're a damn hypocrite.

You just actually proven to me why I don't like Batman fan-boys!

No, I didn't. You formed that bias all on your own.

#109 Posted by CBninja (161 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm surprised the joker lost to the flash.

#110 Posted by Goddessa (200 posts) - - Show Bio

@JakeN7 said:

@Goddessa said:

@JakeN7 said:

@Goddessa said:

Except Tower of Babel...

Well if you go on your way to come all over here on a WW thread just to insist your fanboyism opinion of Batman, then my point exactly! I don't go across any Batman, Thor, or Superman thread just to preach, convince, insist my opinion of Diana to any of them.

I didn't go over to a Wonder Woman thread. I found this in the top of the forum list as a thread discussing Wonder Woman versus BATMAN. That's why my "fanboyism" is appropriate. I honestly didn't know this was in the Wonder Woman sub-forums until you pointed it out to me. But, it doesn't matter anyways, because that's irrelevant. This is a discussion about TWO characters (that's what makes it a fight) and one of them happens to be Batman. Not sure why I'm not allowed to be a fanboy when the Wonder Woman fans are running rampant throughout the thread as well. You're a damn hypocrite.

Learn to READ first before posting so you don't get lost in the forum. This discussion is on a Wonder Woman forum, we can run rampant here as long as we want, we can bash any characters here that will be paired to Diana as you Bataman 'fanboys' do in yours! I wouldn't post anything in your forums because I know it's all pointless, it's like having a discussion with a turkey...all you get are gobble gobbles!

I am no hypocrite, and unlike you Batman "fanboys' I know when Diana is outclassed by another character, hence as I stand by my opinion that Diana will never be beaten by a mere dude in a bat suit. You are the one invading and preaching a wrong gospel in this thread.

I have given way too much time with you since you started having a go at me. This discussion is now dismissed!

#111 Posted by Goddessa (200 posts) - - Show Bio

@RustyRoy said:

@Goddessa said:

@RustyRoy said:

@JakeN7 said:

@Goddessa said:

Except Tower of Babel...

Also in Kingdom Come he gave her a good fight even when he was old and broken and she was in her prime.

Nobody won.

Your point being? Like I said in my earlier post, Batman haven't won against Diana in the comic books, it's Diana who has clearly put Batman in his place.

#112 Posted by JakeN7 (11667 posts) - - Show Bio

@Goddessa said:

@JakeN7 said:

@Goddessa said:

@JakeN7 said:

@Goddessa said:

Except Tower of Babel...

Learn to READ first before posting so you don't get lost in the forum. This discussion is on a Wonder Woman forum, we can run rampant here as long as we want, we can bash any characters here that will be paired to Diana as you Bataman 'fanboys' do in yours! I wouldn't post anything in your forums because I know it's all pointless, it's like having a discussion with a turkey...all you get are gobble gobbles!

I am no hypocrite, and unlike you Batman "fanboys' I know when Diana is outclassed by another character, hence as I stand by my opinion that Diana will never be beaten by a mere dude in a bat suit. You are the one invading and preaching a wrong gospel in this thread.

I have given way too much time with you since you started having a go at me. This discussion is now dismissed!

Oh no! You ended the conversation because you became increasingly erratic and couldn't back up anything you were saying, therefore you ended the debate on "your own terms" and got the last word. Whatever shall I do!?

...I'm just gonna go sulk. I'm so damn sad : (

#113 Posted by RustyRoy (11974 posts) - - Show Bio

@Goddessa said:

@RustyRoy said:

@Goddessa said:

@RustyRoy said:

@JakeN7 said:

@Goddessa said:

Except Tower of Babel...

Nobody won.

Your point being? Like I said in my earlier post, Batman haven't won against Diana in the comic books, it's Diana who has clearly put Batman in his place.

My point is if a 60 years old broken Batman can hold off against WW who is in her prime then there's a chance that a younger Batman can actually beat her. The odds are definitely against him but its not impossible, if a writer wants him to beat her he will, all I'm saying that if it happens then they should do both characters justice, not make WW look pathetic and do it in just one page, it should be far more epic than SM vs BM. and also "its not in comic books so it doesn't count" is bs, movies,games,animations are far more popular than comic books so to the majority of people it counts.

#114 Posted by BlackWind (6072 posts) - - Show Bio

Diana losing to Batman without writer favoritism is nothing but PIS.

#115 Posted by ccraft (5197 posts) - - Show Bio

@CBninja said:

I'm surprised the joker lost to the flash.

Me too, but I'm glad he did.

#116 Posted by jphulk26 (1332 posts) - - Show Bio

@RustyRoy said:

@Goddessa said:

@RustyRoy said:

@Goddessa said:

@RustyRoy said:

@JakeN7 said:

@Goddessa said:

Except Tower of Babel...

Nobody won.

My point is if a 60 years old broken Batman can hold off against WW who is in her prime then there's a chance that a younger Batman can actually beat her. The odds are definitely against him but its not impossible, if a writer wants him to beat her he will, all I'm saying that if it happens then they should do both characters justice, not make WW look pathetic and do it in just one page, it should be far more epic than SM vs BM. and also "its not in comic books so it doesn't count" is bs, movies,games,animations are far more popular than comic books so to the majority of people it counts.

You can´t mean in a one on one fight. Even in a mechanized suit Batman will eventually be killed. In that fight they are clearly not trying to kill eachother, they´re friends, but if Wonder Woman wanted to kill Batman instantly in a one on one fight he´s dead, mechanized suit or not. She has the strength of the very Earth itself, while he only has the strength of a human at his peek. Even in a mechanized suit you can´t get to the strength of someone who draws power directly from the Earth itself. Thats just scrap metal to her. Also the sword she´s carrying in that fight cut superman. She could actually lob his head off with it, if she chose, do you really think its not going to cut through metal, when it can cut the electrons off an atom. I can understand you saying Batman can try and outsmart her, and take her down through some plan where he´s far away or somehow not in control of her senses like Tower Of Babel, but one on one that ain´t happening whether Bruce is 90 or 20.

By the way in the way even if Batman had prep time so will Wonder Woman and they know by now how potent and dangerous Batman is, for Batman to plan to beat her, one: he´ll need a new plan, cause she too smart to fall for that again, two: his plan in Tower Of babel and Doom required her heart to stop, which means she wasn´t represented acurately, as she has a very powerful healing factor, I don´t see how her heart is going to stop, and, three, it will have to be so brilliant that she would be unable to prepare in anyway for as she herself is a master strategist. I´d say being generous Batman has about 5% chance of achieving that, where as she has 95% chance of killing him before he could even implement his plan.

Also if we want to do this properly can we set some ground rules.

1. Can Batman use anybody else in his plan or does he have to be able to pull it off solo? i.e Lex in Red Son, Green Arrow in Dark Knight Returns

2. Is he the only one with prep time and what constitutes prep time?

3. Is he present at the fight or is he absent?

4. Try and explain how, so we can get an actual idea of how you will think he will achieve this.

I´m not trying to be argumentative, I actually love these conversations. I argue that Batman can beat any metahuman as long as they have a clear and definable weakness he can exploit. If they don´t I think he´s trumped. I.e. Batman > Superman, Martian Manhunter, Wolverine, Possibly Green Lantern (But not likely),

However when it comes to the likes of Shazaam, Spiderman, Hulk, Wonder Woman, Thor, Dr. Manhatten, Flash > Batman.

Thats not just because there more powerful than him, as you can see I´ve noted that he could defeat some of the most powerful beings, rather its because there powers and abilities negate what Batman strategies. example: spider sense fucks any plan Batman can have; Shazaam no real weakness to exploit plus wisdom of solomon; Wonder Woman is basically in some ways a superpowered version of Batman, strategy, fighting skills, reflexes, weapons etc; Thor again warrior plus superpowered and no exploitable weakness; Flash, he´d kill Batman before he had time to even implement the plan, even if Batman was hiding he could find him within seconds; Dr. Manhattan, I´m quite sure I don´t have to explain that one; Hulk is debatable, you could say calm him down, then he turns to Banner and attack him, but then he just turns into Hulk again, can´t be killed, gets stronger the more you piss him off.

So there´s my argument, please dispute, I´m excited to hear your answer.

#117 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

...you guys are aware that this is a popularity contest, right? Of course Batman was going to win. Some matches were a bit surprising, (Flash vs Joker) but so far they've been insanely predictable. The last match is going to be Batman vs Superman, and I'm almost 100% positive that Batman will win.

#118 Posted by jphulk26 (1332 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: Yeah, its just goodnatured goofing around at this point I think. Its whats great about being a comic fan, having these pointless arguments about fictional characters. I love it, honestly. Getting so emotional over nothing, distracts me from the real worries I have in life. I agree with you 100%, about Supes vs Bats at the end.

#119 Posted by RustyRoy (11974 posts) - - Show Bio

@jphulk26: I'm saying the same thing, in a one on one fight he has only 1% chance of winning, but I don't think he is fool enough to face her head on, there isn't any weakness that he can explore.But the thing is, in comic books no one is unbeatable, the writers and editors decide who wins. Yes I want him to win against her but that's because I think it will be much more interesting than Superman vs. Batman, I mean she'd be far more harder to beat than superman. There's plenty ways how he can beat her without actually facing her, but a story without a final showdown will be underwhelming and won't do her character any justice and as I said before, if Batman faces WW head on then the odds will be against him but it won't be impossible. First of all we are speaking about a world where human technology is so much advanced that people can travel through dimensions, turn into atoms (the Batmobile can actually fly and can travel in space!) not to mention other alien techs such as apocalyptican, kryptonian,thanagarian techs exists. Bruce Wayne should be one of the most resourceful man in DC but no writer has shown that properly. A WW vs Batman comic should be the best platform to show that. Now Diana has superhuman strength, speed and reflexes, I always ask myself how can he ever match that? The speed is a more severe problem than the strength, In Batman beyond Terry uses a suit with enhances his speed, strength and reflexes ten times and they also showed an exosuit in the show which was more advanced then BB suit There was also an Insider suit which had Amazo like property. So if he can combine some of the technology then then the odds will be 50-50. Now about skill, I believe Diana has edge over Bruce in this one too, so in order to defeat her he has to fight her in place where he can take advantage of the surroundings. That's what the character is about, he takes advantage of everything and plans everything out whereas Diana doesn't always do that, not because she is a fool but because she is confident and brave. She would never prepare herself to take down a monster,she''ll just go and take his head off so why would she be worried about Batman . There are many things that can be done but the writer should think about that not me though one thing is sure that Bruce has to give more than his best effort to beat her. The truth is if they can let him him beat their most iconic hero then they won't hesitate to do it against WW, I'm just saying that they should do her character justice, build it up through two or more issues and make the final fight atleast one issue long, don't do it as if its just another fight where everything happens in only two panels.

#120 Edited by jphulk26 (1332 posts) - - Show Bio

@RustyRoy: Mate, why did you stop, I was really enjoying your explanation, for once I was actually being convinced by a Batman fan with some rational arguments. (Not that I´m not a Batman fan) The Amazo, tech for instance is a really good argument, where does Batman use that? Cause thats pretty hightech, even for someone as ingenious as Batman, but I´d have to give him the advantage their. By the way I also hate how Batman is written sometimes in JL comics, he´s either made to look like this strategic guru, with plans sometimes that don´t hold water or he´s made completely useless, like in the current run. My fav depictions are in the Dark Knight Returns and Red Son. Thats where you actually see a real strategy that could work. But I hate what they did to him in the JL cartoon and the recent JL comics, where even Green lantern just takes the piss out of him cause he´s so weak. Its annoying, its like every month for the first several issues, it was like seeing my favorite character just raped, and paying for it.

However that aside, a counterpoint, do you not think Diana by now has figured out not to underestimate Batman? Again even to pull this off he´s gonna have to be given quite some time. So heres the scenario, WW is somehow turned evil, she doesn´t care about killing anyone, Batman is in the Batcave realises this is happening. Don´t you think he´s probably the first person she´d go after. She reaches speeds of half that of light flying, (her reflexes being faster than her flight speed). She´d be at the cave pretty quick. So how does this play out.

Oh yeah I forgot, there´s still the problem of her sword, magic cuts through anything and lasso he can´t get out of. WW can still go toe to toe with Amazo, but as far as I know that sword cuts through anything.

Good points anyway, enjoying the discussion :)

#121 Posted by RustyRoy (11974 posts) - - Show Bio

@jphulk26: Sorry I forgot to mention some things.

First of all she doesn't draw her power from the earth in new 52 and her healing factor is not as impressive as it had been in the pre 52. It would interesting if any writer can come up with a device which can reduce the healing factor (Its not impossible, Omega beam seems to have the property to slow down the healing factor).

Secondly I don't think she's using the same sword from KC from the new 52 not to mention Superman was vulnerable to magic at that time(she said so herself in the comic)

3rd I never liked Batman's plan against her in the ToB, it was uninteresting and didn't make any sense.

4th Batman is not stupid enough to face directly an opponent someone who is as powerful a Flash or Dr. Manhattan,as I said before you don't have to face a character to defeat him/her,its not a battle atleast not for Batman. And he would probably try to contain the Gamma radiation after calming Banner down,he does't think like others, he likes to find the solution not complicate it, that's what makes him different. That's why he made the contingency plans, he finds solution.

5th MM doesn't have any weakness, he didn't have it far a long time now.

On the side note I actually liked Pre New 52 WW (Particularly Greg Rucka's run). Now she seems like a supporting character not only in JL but also in her own book(I dropped both books), The only time( in the New 52) I didn't seem like a side character it was in Batwoman. And Batman is actually worse than her in the JL book, I mean his a nobody there, they just let him be on the team because withot him they won't sell much.

#122 Posted by jphulk26 (1332 posts) - - Show Bio

@RustyRoy: To be honest I ignore New 52, when talking about WW. but I agree with most of your other points to some extent. The magic sword has had different origins, but it has showed up as part of her arsenal on occasions after, and, was stated to be able to injure invulnerable people, Gods, Aliens, Darkseid and since it cuts them I´m pretty sure it could cut through anything Bats comes up with.

#123 Posted by RustyRoy (11974 posts) - - Show Bio

@jphulk26: I don't want to make them evil, it should be about different POVs, They could totally play it out in the Trinity War. And I don't think she knows him that well in the new 52, I mean he's been pretty much worthless in the New 52 JL book,who would consider him as a threat? And in the scenario you suggested she'd pretty much win, the only chance of winning will be activating all the weapons in the cave and flee to get all the other members.

#124 Posted by RustyRoy (11974 posts) - - Show Bio

@jphulk26 said:

@RustyRoy: To be honest I ignore New 52, when talking about WW. but I agree with most of your other points to some extent. The magic sword has had different origins, but it has showed up as part of her arsenal on occasions after, and, was stated to be able to injure invulnerable people, Gods, Aliens, Darkseid and since it cuts them I´m pretty sure it could cut through anything Bats comes up with.

How about Nth metal? Magic doesn't work against it.

#125 Posted by therrieur (245 posts) - - Show Bio

@RustyRoy: Except Batman, seriously people! Did you guys really think that WW had a chance. It's going to end with Batman vs Superman. I call it today.

Congrats, unfortunately, you were right .

#126 Posted by DRDOOMSDAY390 (1263 posts) - - Show Bio

i hope she wins really im geting abit tierd of the batman winning thing.

#127 Posted by Epicbeast3000 (956 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman will win even though the odds are not in his favour. He may be trillions of times weaker than wonder woman, but Batman never loses. NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#128 Posted by Givemefreedom (330 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman wins, spite.

#129 Posted by Bobsjonjon (226 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce wins! Cuz Bats always wins!! WW is a girl....lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.