Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8807 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Injustice Battle Arena: Wonder Woman vs Batman

• 129 results
    jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By jphulk26

@drgnx: I JUST THINK HE´S TROLLING. I DIDN´T SEE MANY PEOPLE bashing Batman.

Goddessa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Goddessa

@jphulk26: Don't waste your time with these pathetic idiot diehards! Such fools!

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol, somehow I tuned out all the other trash talkers when I went through the thread the first time...regardless Bane has put some good arguments for WW in the past (like Thor vs WW), he is one of the few posters I trust when posting new scans I am not familiar with. He just calls things as he sees them.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#54  Edited By Saren

@jphulk26 said:

Then let me be your eyes down this bitter river of hate.

And here we go with the immature Batman fanboys invading the board....
    I voted for Wonder Woman. Anybody who votes otherwise is a complete idiot who is so caught up in being a fanboy that they can't think rationally.
    Harsh, but true.
    If you listen to people explaining why they think Batman would beat Wonder Woman... it sounds a lot like a 5 year old:
    "No Jimmy, you can't have the candy. You'll get cavities."
    "But but... but mom! I'll brush my teeth real good! And I can floss!"
    -------
    "Wonder Woman would body Batman."
    "But but... but he can plan! He's a master strategist with contingency plans! And he has gadgets for any situation!"
    Not to mention I saw comments that placed some intelligent and valid arguments to why Wonder Woman would win. You wanna know the arguments most of the Batfans made?
    "HE'S THE GODDAMN BATMAN HE CAN WIN ANYTHING!!!"
    "BATMAN IS THE BEST SUPERHERO EVER FUCK YOU!!!"
    "Batman can win with enough prep time"
    "Because he's Batman"
    God, reading those comments made me mad but at the same time they made me lol so hard.
    Batman fan quote "B-man is one of the worlds greatest unarmed opponents, and I'm not saying WW's not great, but B-man could dodge most of her attacks. Plus, he could handle getting thrown around a bit if she does land a punch (such as when he fights Bane). If WW wraps him in lasso of truth, he could send a taser pulse through it to her (or something awesome like that). From JLA Tower of Babel he wld just do this until she frustrated from not winning, then she gets sloppy and he wins... BECAUSE HE'S BATMAN!!!!!"
    This is the mentality we´re dealing with.

I maintain that if it's cool to claim Batman fans are somehow mentally inadequate for backing their favorite character to win against everyone ever, it's cool to make fun of Wonder Woman fans for the chip on their collective shoulder.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By jphulk26

@CitizenBane:

@jphulk26 said:

Then let me be your eyes down this bitter river of hate.

And here we go with the immature Batman fanboys invading the board....
    I voted for Wonder Woman. Anybody who votes otherwise is a complete idiot who is so caught up in being a fanboy that they can't think rationally.
    Harsh, but true.
    If you listen to people explaining why they think Batman would beat Wonder Woman... it sounds a lot like a 5 year old:
    "No Jimmy, you can't have the candy. You'll get cavities."
    "But but... but mom! I'll brush my teeth real good! And I can floss!"
    -------
    "Wonder Woman would body Batman."
    "But but... but he can plan! He's a master strategist with contingency plans! And he has gadgets for any situation!"
    Not to mention I saw comments that placed some intelligent and valid arguments to why Wonder Woman would win. You wanna know the arguments most of the Batfans made?
    "HE'S THE GODDAMN BATMAN HE CAN WIN ANYTHING!!!"
    "BATMAN IS THE BEST SUPERHERO EVER FUCK YOU!!!"
    "Batman can win with enough prep time"
    "Because he's Batman"
    God, reading those comments made me mad but at the same time they made me lol so hard.
    Batman fan quote "B-man is one of the worlds greatest unarmed opponents, and I'm not saying WW's not great, but B-man could dodge most of her attacks. Plus, he could handle getting thrown around a bit if she does land a punch (such as when he fights Bane). If WW wraps him in lasso of truth, he could send a taser pulse through it to her (or something awesome like that). From JLA Tower of Babel he wld just do this until she frustrated from not winning, then she gets sloppy and he wins... BECAUSE HE'S BATMAN!!!!!"
    This is the mentality we´re dealing with.

I maintain that if it's cool to claim Batman fans are somehow mentally inadequate for backing their favorite character to win against everyone ever, it's cool to make fun of Wonder Woman fans for the chip on their collective shoulder.

Didn´t read all that, kinda lost focus on the first word, but O K!

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By toptom

Wonderwoman shuold win this fight while she drinks a cup of tea, nevertheless Batman is going to win since he is just too popular.

Bobsjonjon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Bobsjonjon

Bats all day everyday!

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By RustyRoy

Batman has beaten WW level characters before so its not too far fetched idea for him to win. Bruce Wayne has unimaginable resources, if a writer wants him to win he will win.

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By HushoftheWind

@CitizenBane said:

@jphulk26 said:

@CitizenBane: Uh, you know I won´t be upset if Diana loses right? I don´t think any of us had the illusion that this was magically going to turn things around and suddenly if she won, she´d become the biggest superhero ever. That was never the point of my petition. I wanted to show support for 1. Wonder Woman, because she´s a great interesting character, and, it would be diservice to the world if her story wasn´t told for a mass audience; as it is every bit as inspiring a message as any superhero story out there. That coming from someone whose been a huge Batman and Superman fan since I was at least six years old. 2. I wanted to support female superheroes in general, due to DC´s idiotic notion that female superheroes can´t support their own films, cartoons etc. Wonder Woman getting a successful film or animated series, isn´t just like any superhero getting one, its a message, that more than just white, middle class, straight, males are the only people who deserve superheroes. That they are the only ones deserving to be depicted as heroic. The reason I´ve chosen WW as the ideal candidate in my mind to make this a reality, is because she is both the first and by far the most unique mainstream female superhero. As I´ve said in past, she´s not just a great female superhero, she´s a great superhero period. So to me it really doesn´t matter, I will voice my opinion on this until the right thing is done, I will find all types of avenues to express this opinion, whether or not my appeal is successful or not, I will sleep better knowing I tried, and that one day, their may be a future generation of little girls who watch Wonder Woman and are as inspired by her message as I am.

So the truth doesn´t hurt me at all my friend, it fuels me.

Too long; didn't read; didn't really care either.

I will voice my opinion on this until the right thing is done, I will find all types of avenues to express this opinion, whether or not my appeal is successful or not, I will sleep better knowing I tried, and that one day, their may be a future generation of little girls who watch Wonder Woman and are as inspired by her message as I am.

Cool. The end goal of all things should be sleeping better, I always say.

Batman still wins, nothing is going to change, and I am still looking forward to the inevitable reactions this forum will produce when that video comes out.

It's so easy to give in. The path before you is so clear, so simple. Accept fate.

All is one in Batman.

@JLDoom said:

@DarkKnightDetective said:

Is that so?

That is, in fact, so.

No Caption Provided

what issue is this from? I love see Batman fighting skills/tactics/knowledge at play.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By jphulk26

@RustyRoy: Can you elaborate. I don´t know who your refering to. Apart from Superman, who has Batman beat on her level. Plus Wonder Woman is unique in that she´s a technical fighter, who is also a power house. No other DC character is like that. She has Batmans skills of fighting, plus she´s super powerful.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By jphulk26

@HushoftheWind: I wouldn´t mind knowing myself, looks like an awesome comic.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By BlackWind

@JLDoom said:

No Caption Provided

@DarkKnightDetective said:

Is that so?

This right here, its the sex. What's it from?

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By RustyRoy

@jphulk26: Dude we're speaking about a world which has Apocalyptican, thanagarian, kryptonian and so many other types of weapons that can hurt WW level characters not to mention the human technology is far more advanced in comics. Everyone is beatable in comics even Batman, WW and Superman. I think if a writer wants Batman to win against WW he can make it happen without it seeming PIS. Talking about PIS, pretty much everything in comics is PIS like someone punching reality, people flying etc. all the scans above you posted above are also PIS. WW can't take on the entire league alone, MM alone can take her out. she shouldn't even be able to beat PG so easily without even breaking a sweat. I'm still saying there's 90% chance that she'll win against Batman but she's not unbeatable.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By jphulk26

@RustyRoy: I didn´t say Batman can´t beat her. I just asked who you were referring to that Batman beat. I agree completely with the notion that, how can Batman beat WW? Than answer simple: draw him doing it. But my point is going by the logic of these battles, he has to come up with one hell of a plan to beat Diana. Its not on the same level as Superman. Diana is a strategist and a warrior, who trumps him by thousands of years in experience. As for Diana and Martian Manhunter, again when she faces more powerful opponents much like Batman she uses tactics to beat them. Batman and Diana are written very similar in that sense, which is one of the reasons they are two of my favorite characters.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By RustyRoy

@jphulk26: You've answered your own question, WW and Batman have fought side by side against far more pwerful enemies than themselves Batman has saved her ass many times as she saved his. I've never said it would be easy for him to beat her but he can. He has to give his best and a good writer can make it seem logical. As for MM he is very tactical too and has far more variety of powers than any of the JLers. She taking on him with more than 90% of the leaguers without a sweat is PIS.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman builds the Wonder buster suit ... ummm, did Ironman actually win with any of those suits?

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By jphulk26

@RustyRoy: First, don´t know what PIS means, but Diana could more easily beat MMH than Batman could beat Diana, by a long mile. She is seriously strong and durable and is a thousand times the fighter and strategist than he is. Again I really like MMH, but I´m being realistic. She´s impervious to psychic attacks because of her Lasso Of Truth, i.e. she can´t be tricked by illusions. His best weapon against her would be his intangebility, but she has many ways she can tactically overcome that and even if he gets her she also has a healing factor on the level of Wolverine. My problem with how Batman has defeated Wonder Woman in past is that the only way writers can do it is by downplaying Diana´s abilities. Justice League writers often weaken or vary Wonder Womans powers at their own whim for some reason, but if we are talking about Wonder Womanwith the following powers:

Impervious to psychic attacks (sees through illusions)

Healing Ability when in contact with the earth, she can replenish her or heal her body as she was formed from Earth

Ability to communicate with animals

Super Strength, Wisdom, Speed, durability, speed and reflexes

Flight

Abilities:

Master Warrior, hand-to-hand combat, weapons combat and strategy.

Main Weapons:

Magic Sword (Can cut through beings who are gods or invulnerable beings like superman, MMH)

Lasso Of Truth unbreakable, compels who evers tied in it to tell the truth

Invisible Jet: She controls psychically

Magic Tiara: She can use as a throwing blade

Also a whole arsenal of weapons and armor she can bring out depending on her opponent

With this full level WW, she is easily one of the most dangerous DC characters and the only way Batman writers have been able to get Batman to beat her is de-power her, or take away the fact she´s a strategist as well, or some other way of watering down the character. I like you believe Batman can beat anyone, but as I said to beat Diana as she´s depicted in her own comic, not JL writers pissing all over her, you need a very good plan, not just Superman "oh I have kryptonite on me" or MMH "burn baby, burn", I mean a real battle of warrior vs warrior, where her ancient warrior tactics come up against his detective style tactics. Ancient Godly Warrior vs modern techno warrior. I´d love to see that comic as well, where Diana is given the respect she deserves, but Batman still manages to prevail, that would be awesome. However to this date that has not happened. Atleast it hasn´t happened where he´s won, she´s slapped him around a few times for being cheeky, but he hasn´t bested her.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By RustyRoy

@jphulk26: Sorry dude but MM has the best healing factor among JLers. And for his feats follow the link : http://www.comicvine.com/martian-manhunter/29-2047/martian-manhunter-respect-thread/92-704652/#56

And I'm not even saying anything about her taking down MM but all the leaguers so easily. He doesn't even have any weakness now.

" I like you believe Batman can beat anyone, but as I said to beat Diana as she´s depicted in her own comic, not JL writers pissing all over her, you need a very good plan, not just Superman "oh I have kryptonite on me" or MMH "burn baby, burn", I mean a real battle of warrior vs warrior, where her ancient warrior tactics come up against his detective style tactics. Ancient Godly Warrior vs modern techno warrior. I´d love to see that comic as well, where Diana is given the respect she deserves, but Batman still manages to prevail, that would be awesome." - This is what I want to see too. I don't want her powers to be toned down or making Batman win for a cheap gimmick , I want it to be an EPIC Battle not brain vs brawn but brain vs brain and brawn vs brawn, Greek war tactics against Modern war tactics, Ancient armor against advanced batllesuit and gears. I already said BM has to give his best, it would be far more tougher than BM vs SM but if DONE RIGHT it can be awesome.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#69  Edited By Black_Claw

Well Voting ends today. Can't wait to see how tommorow goes.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By jphulk26

@Black_Claw: good luck, we´ll need it.

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Esquire

@jphulk26 said:

Apart from Superman, who has Batman beat on her level.

Batman has never beaten Superman in a canon encounter, you realize.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
    YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

What's with all the Batman hate. Seriously.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d22cbdd103e7
    deactivated-5d22cbdd103e7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

It's understandable when people are saying Batman could beat her in the context of a 1on1 like IGAU.

SNascimento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By SNascimento

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: This isn't hate sir, it's resentment.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#75  Edited By ccraft

@Wboy said:

It's understandable when people are saying Batman could beat her in the context of a 1on1 like IGAU.

I think fans are getting tired of Batman always winning tournaments like Injustice Battle Arena. Batman is my favorite character but WW should win this, even though everybody knows Batman will win this whole tournament since the beginning. So I'm gonna vote Superman for the finals, hopefully I can convince more people to do so.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By jphulk26

@ccraft said:

@Wboy said:

I think fans are getting tired of Batman always winning tournaments like Injustice Battle Arena. Batman is my favorite character but WW should win this, even though everybody knows Batman will win this whole tournament since the beginning. So I'm gonna vote Superman for the finals, hopefully I can convince more people to do so.

I will, wouldn´t have before, but these Batman fanboys have pissed me off, especially Kevin Smith; he´s lost all street cred as far as i´m concerned for what he said. I didn´t mind Jason´s comments, but Kevin has been waring thin for along time in my mind, he can´t ride the "I wrote Clerks so I´m cool" his whole life, and that ticket expired the day he said "Batman at this point in his career, mythic, almost a God, man made God...so even though she has the rope, the hips and the pretty lips" and everything after that, makes him no longer cool, just kind of fat.

so superman now has my vote. And anyone else fighting Batman or Joker. The worse thing about it is I really love Batman and Joker; I would have even voted for Joker in this battle against Flash if I wasn´t doing this whole thing, but the "Batman wins cause he´s Batman" stuff has pissed me off.

@Esquire: @Esquire said:

@jphulk26 said:

Yeah, but to be honest Canon, non-canon. I think its fair to say if he´s beaten him, he´s beaten him. However having said that WW has beaten Batman and Superman in canon, so you kind of help my argument.

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Esquire

@jphulk26 said:

@jphulk26 said:

Yeah, but to be honest Canon, non-canon. I think its fair to say if he´s beaten him, he´s beaten him. However having said that WW has beaten Batman and Superman in canon, so you kind of help my argument.

Non-Canon anything usually comes with a heck of a lot of caveats, though. Off the top of my head, the most definitive victory Batman has over Superman in anything published is during The Dark Knight Strikes Again. Batman wins handily, but then you start to examine the feat. Not only did Batman have literally years of prep, he had help from multiple allies against a Superman that wanted to talk, not fight. And it was also a Superman who's astronomically weaker than the mainstream one. So although Batman did indeed beat Superman in that comic, it's not nearly as impressive as it sounds on the surface. That's why we clarify that things are canon or non-canon.

And to answer your original question, Batman and Nightwing beat Amazo in a random encounter.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By jphulk26

@Esquire said:

@jphulk26 said:

@jphulk26 said:

Non-Canon anything usually comes with a heck of a lot of caveats, though. Off the top of my head, the most definitive victory Batman has over Superman in anything published is during The Dark Knight Strikes Again. Batman wins handily, but then you start to examine the feat. Not only did Batman have literally years of prep, he had help from multiple allies against a Superman that wanted to talk, not fight. And it was also a Superman who's astronomically weaker than the mainstream one. So although Batman did indeed beat Superman in that comic, it's not nearly as impressive as it sounds on the surface. That's why we clarify that things are canon or non-canon.

And to answer your original question, Batman and Nightwing beat Amazo in a random encounter.

Wasn´t that in like a animated film, also non-canon and a much weaker Amazo.

By the way I get what your saying, he beat him in Red Son too, which again he need Lex Luthor who basically helped him plan the whole thing. Really its just Batman fanboys, who love Batman writing it so he can win, but i´m sure I read one of these battles where someone came up with a plausible way Batman could beat a full powered superman, so I accept it. I also can think of millions of scenarios, given all the tech I´ve seen Batman use in the comics of him beating Superman, however I can´t say the same for WW, not cause physically he can´t beat her i.e. she can be taken down, but my issue is WW is also a strategist, so now he´s facing a superpowered strategist and experienced warrior, who will possibly be able to predict alot of Batmans moves. After all Ares is probably the greatest war strategist of them all, and she always sees through his plans.

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Esquire

@jphulk26 said:

It was a standard Superman-y Amazo. Under the Red Hood is a comic that was adapted into an animated film. Scans:

Really its just Batman fanboys, who love Batman writing it so he can win,

That's quite a generalization you've got there. Care to back it up with a shred of evidence?

but i´m sure I read one of these battles where someone came up with a plausible way Batman could beat a full powered superman, so I accept it.

This is the most expansive example I know of off-hand. It's pretty much BS, though. In any semblance of a serious fight, Superman's speed or heat vision give him an insta-win over anything Batman can pull together. Bruce has even admitted things along those lines.

I also can think of millions of scenarios, given all the tech I´ve seen Batman use in the comics of him beating Superman,

Name me a plausible way that Batman beats Superman, barring CIS and PIS. Please.

however I can´t say the same for WW, not cause physically he can´t beat her i.e. she can be taken down, but my issue is WW is also a strategist, so now he´s facing a superpowered strategist and experienced warrior, who will possibly be able to predict alot of Batmans moves.

Wonder Woman can't predict Batman's moves. Nobody can predict Batman's moves. Superman has genius-level intellect and more than a thousand years of combat experience, so I don't really see where Diana has a huge advantage in that aspect.

After all Ares is probably the greatest war strategist of them all, and she always sees through his plans.

You really think that Ares has better strategy feats than Batman? Forgive me if I'm skeptical.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By jphulk26

@Esquire: I don´t get what your argument is? @Esquire said:

@jphulk26 said:

It was a standard Superman-y Amazo. Under the Red Hood is a comic that was adapted into an animated film. Scans:

That's quite a generalization you've got there. Care to back it up with a shred of evidence?

but i´m sure I read one of these battles where someone came up with a plausible way Batman could beat a full powered superman, so I accept it.

This is the most expansive example I know of off-hand. It's pretty much BS, though. In any semblance of a serious fight, Superman's speed or heat vision give him an insta-win over anything Batman can pull together. Bruce has even admitted things along those lines.

I also can think of millions of scenarios, given all the tech I´ve seen Batman use in the comics of him beating Superman,

Name me a plausible way that Batman beats Superman, barring CIS and PIS. Please.

however I can´t say the same for WW, not cause physically he can´t beat her i.e. she can be taken down, but my issue is WW is also a strategist, so now he´s facing a superpowered strategist and experienced warrior, who will possibly be able to predict alot of Batmans moves.

Wonder Woman can't predict Batman's moves. Nobody can predict Batman's moves. Superman has genius-level intellect and more than a thousand years of combat experience, so I don't really see where Diana has a huge advantage in that aspect.

After all Ares is probably the greatest war strategist of them all, and she always sees through his plans.

You really think that Ares has better strategy feats than Batman? Forgive me if I'm skeptical.

1. I don´t think thats a generalization; you admitted yourself Miller is a fanboy of Batman and Batman´s most definitive victory over Superman is in Frank Millar´s book.

2. OK, I don´t know what you mean by a real fight. Hand-to-hand, or are we talking about Batman in a lead lined bunker controlling things from there. Cause the way I see it he can use various remote technologies and not even be present for a fight with Superman. He could use a weapon in which he just blasts Supes to another dimension, the way Toy Man did, then he beats everyone. :) But the point is in a one on one Bats has no chance against anyone. So you´re right in that sense.

3. Wonder Woman has the wisdom of Athena the War Goddess (of strategy etc) she can´t easily be lied to or manipulated either, she has a lasso of truth that compels you to tell her the truth; for all these reasons Batman will find it very hard to out manouvre her. As for Supermans genius intellect, thats a recent added power, he´s not often been depicted as super intelligent, its only sometimes. Like Earth One by another Superman fanboy. So i can´t really say about that, I guess super intelligent superman is practically unbeatable, he´d supposedly be smarter than Lex Luthor, so whats the point? In any case his intelligence varies depending on the depiction, I doubt we´ll be seeing Super intelligence in the movie for instance, and also a genius intellect does not necessarily make you a great strategist.

And sorry what do you mean supes has thousands of years of combat training? thats just a story arch, I´m talking about the characters as they are conceived, as the general public will know them. Superman is not supposed to be a warrior like Batman or Wonder woman, if a story arch has given him combat training, they should reverse it, thats idiotic, what next? I mean for fuck sake he already has all the powers under the moon. Besides if I know the story arch your reffering to that training came as an adult. WW and Batman trained from being children. Batman when he was about 9, WW when from when she was born. Bats for 20 something years, WW for thousands. So again, you can bring out any arch you want, but I´m talking about the basic concept of the characters. And being trained as an adult in something is far different from being trained from birth. try learning a language now and mastering it as quick as a two year old.

4. Ares in Gods And Mortals was strategic, he´s also orchestrated devious plans to take over the Gods, where he´s played multiple sides. Yes he´s been pretty devious, but however, he´s not written half as much as he should be, because WW writers often bollacks the character up. On paper though, given his attributes he should be every bit as cunning and strategic as Batman and on occasion he´s proven he is. Even after being killed by WW, he´d set in motion her downfall without having to be there.

CptPanda29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#81  Edited By CptPanda29

Spoilers - Batman won, called it.

And I'm glad I helped that happen.

SNascimento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By SNascimento

Themyscira looks great, do does WW alternate costume. I also enjoyed this fight much more compared theirs first one.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#83  Edited By ccraft

@jphulk26 said:

@Esquire: I don´t get what your argument is? @Esquire said:

@jphulk26 said:

1. I don´t think thats a generalization; you admitted yourself Miller is a fanboy of Batman and Batman´s most definitive victory over Superman is in Frank Millar´s book.

2. OK, I don´t know what you mean by a real fight. Hand-to-hand, or are we talking about Batman in a lead lined bunker controlling things from there. Cause the way I see it he can use various remote technologies and not even be present for a fight with Superman. He could use a weapon in which he just blasts Supes to another dimension, the way Toy Man did, then he beats everyone. :) But the point is in a one on one Bats has no chance against anyone. So you´re right in that sense.

3. Wonder Woman has the wisdom of Athena the War Goddess (of strategy etc) she can´t easily be lied to or manipulated either, she has a lasso of truth that compels you to tell her the truth; for all these reasons Batman will find it very hard to out manouvre her. As for Supermans genius intellect, thats a recent added power, he´s not often been depicted as super intelligent, its only sometimes. Like Earth One by another Superman fanboy. So i can´t really say about that, I guess super intelligent superman is practically unbeatable, he´d supposedly be smarter than Lex Luthor, so whats the point? In any case his intelligence varies depending on the depiction, I doubt we´ll be seeing Super intelligence in the movie for instance, and also a genius intellect does not necessarily make you a great strategist.

And sorry what do you mean supes has thousands of years of combat training? thats just a story arch, I´m talking about the characters as they are conceived, as the general public will know them. Superman is not supposed to be a warrior like Batman or Wonder woman, if a story arch has given him combat training, they should reverse it, thats idiotic, what next? I mean for fuck sake he already has all the powers under the moon. Besides if I know the story arch your reffering to that training came as an adult. WW and Batman trained from being children. Batman when he was about 9, WW when from when she was born. Bats for 20 something years, WW for thousands. So again, you can bring out any arch you want, but I´m talking about the basic concept of the characters. And being trained as an adult in something is far different from being trained from birth. try learning a language now and mastering it as quick as a two year old.

4. Ares in Gods And Mortals was strategic, he´s also orchestrated devious plans to take over the Gods, where he´s played multiple sides. Yes he´s been pretty devious, but however, he´s not written half as much as he should be, because WW writers often bollacks the character up. On paper though, given his attributes he should be every bit as cunning and strategic as Batman and on occasion he´s proven he is. Even after being killed by WW, he´d set in motion her downfall without having to be there.

Batman has a lot of great feats such as TDKR beating Superman and taking out Amazo, Wonder Woman is strong and has great endurance. If the story is written well I could see either of them taking each other out.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Saren

So it starts with Diana going "I thought you were a warrior".........and it ends in vehicular manslaughter.

(If anyone here has played Unreal Tournament 3, you should really imagine that game's voice going VEHICULAR MANSLAUGHTER when the Batmobile runs her over).

No Caption Provided
    SNascimento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By SNascimento

@CitizenBane: There will be a reckoning!

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Saren

@SNascimento: Not for Wonder Woman at any rate. She's been booted down to the pile of also-rans. Best focus your efforts on Flash for his fight against Batman; try to reduce the severity of his inevitable defeat.

SNascimento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By SNascimento

@CitizenBane: I was thinking in the story of the game.

The only one that has a chance agaisnt Batman in the Battle Arena is Superman, that the final would be between the two was know from the announcement of the event.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#88  Edited By JakeN7

@Goddessa said:

Let's give the fanboys there big day (if ever Batman wins)...Injustice would probably be the only time Batman can win over WW. He can't win over Diana in any storyline in any comic books, cartoons, and even in the minds of the DC writers...this is their once in a lifetime chance. :D

Except Tower of Babel...

Yeah, arguing with them is like arguing with a toddler!

I like Batman...but I don't and won't like his fanboys!!

Seriously? Now who's being immature? You don't have to hate an entire demographic because you have a differing opinion than us. And if some of us come off as rude, then ignore them and move one. You don't have to assume all Bat-Fans are like that.

But who am I to judge? I feel the same way about the Storm fans on here. ; P

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By JakeN7

@Esquire said:

Pretty sure that was Dark Knight Returns. There's also Red Son, Tower of Babel, and Hush. (2 of which are canon)

INLIFE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#90  Edited By INLIFE

@CitizenBane said:

So it starts with Diana going "I thought you were a warrior".........and it ends in vehicular manslaughter.

The Youtube comments make me cry :(.....

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By RustyRoy

@JakeN7 said:

@Goddessa said:

Let's give the fanboys there big day (if ever Batman wins)...Injustice would probably be the only time Batman can win over WW. He can't win over Diana in any storyline in any comic books, cartoons, and even in the minds of the DC writers...this is their once in a lifetime chance. :D

Except Tower of Babel...

Also in Kingdom Come he gave her a good fight even when he was old and broken and she was in her prime.

SNascimento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By SNascimento

@RustyRoy said:

@JakeN7 said:

@Goddessa said:

Except Tower of Babel...

Also in Kingdom Come he gave her a good fight even when he was old and broken and she was in her prime.

Good fight? All he did was not die. Not to mention he was wearing a mechanized armor, not really classic Batman.

And it's really mind bending how pretty much everybody fails to see the difference between making a plan to take Wonder Woman out and defeating her in a head-on fight.

15 days from now will be the same. Just change 'Wonder Woman' with 'The Flash'.

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Esquire

@JakeN7 said:

Pretty sure that was Dark Knight Returns. There's also Red Son, Tower of Babel, and Hush. (2 of which are canon)

The Dark Knight Returns is when they fight with Batman in the mechanized suit, where Bats has tons of prep and a couple of people to assist him and yet still gets his ribs broken and has to fake a heart attack to eke out any sort of victory. I was indeed referring to the fight in The Dark Knight Strikes Again. Red Son is another one where he actually gets a win, (although he still ends up losing thanks to Wonder Woman.) Tower of Babel doesn't really count as a win for Batman, for several reasons. I can explain my views if you'd like. And in no way does Batman beat Superman in Hush. He almost breaks his hand punching Superman and states that Clark could instantly annihilate him if he wasn't holding back and fighting Ivy's mind control. I can get scans if you want, but Batman barely holds out long enough for Superman to be distracted by a threat to Lois. Bruce doesn't at all defeat Superman.

@jphulk26 said:

@Esquire: I don´t get what your argument is?

Not really making one, just correcting misinformation.

What are you talking about? I did no such thing. Certainly not in this thread, and I'm reasonably certain I've never said it anywhere else, either. Perhaps you have me mixed up with someone else? And even if Miller was a "fanboy" of Batman's, that doesn't extend to Mark Millar, (the writer of Red Son), also being a fanboy. Just because their last names sound the same doesn't make your generalization valid.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By JakeN7

@Esquire said:

@JakeN7 said:

The Dark Knight Returns is when they fight with Batman in the mechanized suit, where Bats has tons of prep and a couple of people to assist him and yet still gets his ribs broken and has to fake a heart attack to eke out any sort of victory. I was indeed referring to the fight in The Dark Knight Strikes Again. Red Son is another one where he actually gets a win, (although he still ends up losing thanks to Wonder Woman.) Tower of Babel doesn't really count as a win for Batman, for several reasons. I can explain my views if you'd like. And in no way does Batman beat Superman in Hush. He almost breaks his hand punching Superman and states that Clark could instantly annihilate him if he wasn't holding back and fighting Ivy's mind control. I can get scans if you want, but Batman barely holds out long enough for Superman to be distracted by a threat to Lois. Bruce doesn't at all defeat Superman.

Ok, yeah. I haven't actually read Strikes Again because I heard it was subpar at best. Yes, he didn't technically win in Hush but he was able to hold his own fairly well in confined quarters in a one on one hand-to-hand fight with Superman (which in and of itself is ridiculously impressive, and shouldn't even be humanly possible.) I would assume you don't count Tower of Babel because Batman technically wasn't the one actually carrying out his own contingency plans. But, in the end it really was his contingency plans that took out the whole league. At the end of the day, Bruce's intellect is arguably his most powerful weapon, and I see that as just another way he fights. They (Ra's, Talia, and the League of Assassins) used Batman's direct instructions, therefore Batman was the cause of the JLA member's defeats in all but the physical act of doing them himself. I would have to agree that Red Son is pretty much the only definitive win. Sure, he ended up dying, but that's because he wanted to martyr himself for the cause. Superman was only saved by Wonder Woman, and that caused her to become decrepit and frail. Seeing as how Red Son is being pushed a lot in this game, Batman's win over Superman should definitely be taken into account.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By RustyRoy

@SNascimento said:

@RustyRoy said:

@JakeN7 said:

@Goddessa said:

Except Tower of Babel...

Good fight? All he did was not die. Not to mention he was wearing a mechanized armor, not really classic Batman.

And it's really mind bending how pretty much everybody fails to see the difference between making a plan to take Wonder Woman out and defeating her in a head-on fight.

Listen man, the classic batman can never beat WW head on but he's got a whole arsenal under his belt, many batwings, armors, exosuits and weapons,he doesn't even have to get closer to her to beat her, also the insider suit can take on WW. This is not the golden age, Batman does use armors now when he needs to. Btw he did give her a good fight not to mention diana with swords and shields is not classic WW.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Come on, folks, Batman got the sympathy vote cause he lost his son. Let the Batman fans have their moment of celebration, this is a time for healing. wonder Women would want this for them! Plus they got Harper Row to deal with!

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#97  Edited By ComicStooge

@Esquire said:

@JakeN7 said:

Bruce only won in Red Son, because Lex supplied him with the tech to win.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By jphulk26

@RustyRoy: @RustyRoy said:

@SNascimento said:

@RustyRoy said:

@JakeN7 said:

@Goddessa said:

Except Tower of Babel...

Listen man, the classic batman can never beat WW head on but he's got a whole arsenal under his belt, many batwings, armors, exosuits and weapons,he doesn't even have to get closer to her to beat her, also the insider suit can take on WW. This is not the golden age, Batman does use armors now when he needs to. Btw he did give her a good fight not to mention diana with swords and shields is not classic WW.

I´ll give you that, thats true. I always tend to think Batman has a chance, as I said in an earlier post, I´d like to see a graphic novel tackle Batman vs Wonder Woman, but where both are at there best. They´ve both scored some impressive victories over each other. The interesting thing here is have these two tacticians go at it; Batman obviously is gonna have to come up with something a bit better than he does for supes because WW is not likely to underestimate him the way Superman does. She´d also be able to figure out how to get out of some of his plans. She´s got a more ancient Gorrilla warfare style of fighting and tactics, where as Batman is more scientific. It could be a great graphic novel as long as Wonder Woman is given the respect she deserves, which she often doesn´t by writers who are more familiar with Batman. A fully powered Wonder Woman vs Batman comic truly could be a thing of beauty and I honestly don´t mind her loosing as long as someone comes up with a genuine reason Batman can defeat, a superpowered warrior trained for thousands of years all ancient forms of armed and unarmed combat - with super strength, speed, agility, reflexes, flight, the ability to communicate with animals and magic weapons. That is WW and that is a hell of an uphill struggle for a human to take on but with Batman anything is possible.

@ComicStooge said:

@Esquire said:

@JakeN7 said:

Bruce only won in Red Son, because Lex supplied him with the tech to win.

seconded. But the way he beat on Supes still puts a smile on my face. He also did some awesome stuff in that comic. One of my favs.

@RustyRoy:

@drgnx said:

Come on, folks, Batman got the sympathy vote cause he lost his son. Let the Batman fans have their moment of celebration, this is a time for healing. wonder Women would want this for them! Plus they got Harper Row to deal with!

seconded. but the first thing I do when I get the game is play as Wonder Woman and beat the crap out of Batman, imagining him toi be Kevin Smith ;)

Goddessa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Goddessa

@JakeN7 said:

@Goddessa said:

Except Tower of Babel...

Yeah, arguing with them is like arguing with a toddler!

I like Batman...but I don't and won't like his fanboys!!

Seriously? Now who's being immature? You don't have to hate an entire demographic because you have a differing opinion than us. And if some of us come off as rude, then ignore them and move one. You don't have to assume all Bat-Fans are like that.

But who am I to judge? I feel the same way about the Storm fans on here. ; P

I failed to see Batman actually fighting Diana there. All I know is Batman sneakily tried Diana to psychologically battle herself because he knows for a fact that the only person who can beat her in a fair fight is herself...not him, not the whole league!

Well if you go on your way to come all over here on a WW thread just to insist your fanboyism opinion of Batman, then my point exactly! I don't go across any Batman, Thor, or Superman thread just to preach, convince, insist my opinion of Diana to any of them. You just actually proven to me why I don't like Batman fan-boys!

Goddessa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Goddessa

@RustyRoy said:

@JakeN7 said:

@Goddessa said:

Except Tower of Babel...

But did he win over Diana? A good fight is not a win!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.