Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

I still dont get the bullets and bracelets thing!

• 59 results
    Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By Sovereign91001

It's a stupid weakness, it's always been a stupid weakness. They should go the whole damn nine and make her invulnerable, she can still do the bullets on bracelets for either intimidation/to protect people from ricochets.

WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By WDW

@archizoom said:
    No Caption Provided

I thought Wonder Woman was immortal. It doesn't make sense that a bullet can cut diana if bullets don't always carry enough kinetic energy to exit a normal man's body.

Plenty of beings considered immortal can be "cut" by bullets. Vampires Werewolves even Connor McCloud from highlander movies.

Bullets and Bracers makes perfect sense

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wdw said:

Plenty of beings considered immortal can be "cut" by bullets. Vampires Werewolves even Connor McCloud from highlander movies.

Ok. However, having immortality also suggests they can't be killed anyhow like a normal person, there's a protocol for killing an immortal creature. Regardless, if Diana were "vulnerable to piercing objects" which from a strictly scientific point of view doesn't make sense, Batman's contingency plan would have something to do with it, i think.

WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By WDW

@archizoom said:

@wdw said:

Ok. However, having immortality also suggests they can't be killed anyhow like a normal person, there's a protocol for killing an immortal creature. Regardless, if Diana were "vulnerable to piercing objects" which from a strictly scientific point of view doesn't make sense, Batman's contingency plan would have something to do with it, i think.

there is not necessarily a protocol for killing an immortal being. Immortal simply means the ability to live forever NOT that they can not be killed. Vandal Savage is immortal

Wonder Woman is NOT "vulnerable" to piercing objects in the same way Werewolfs are vulnerable to silver or Vampires to a stake in the heart. nothing in her history suggests this. The only reason why people say that is because they are using SUPERMAN as a benchmark and she uses her bracers to deflect projectiles

Relative to superman wonder woman is simply more vulnerable to any damage.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@wdw said:
    @tdk_1997 said:

@wdw said:

@tdk_1997:

@tdk_1997 said:

@wdw said:
    @tdk_1997 said:

I don't get it either but it might be used only because it looks cool.

Think about it like this.

What if in a snowball fight you had bracers that gave you the ability and skill to deflect any and all snowballs back in any direction you wanted including back at the origin.

Would you keep it or just let the snow balls hit you in the face because it wont kill you?

If I am invincible to the snowballs then I would get the braces off because I am invincible to the snowballs' effect.

Yeah but the point is you are not invincible to snowballs and the whole deflection thing would make it so you would not have to actually pickup and throw a snowball back at your attacker you just redirect them back to your attacker.

Wonder Woman is not "invincible" to bullets

I understand what you are saying.But earlier you said that if you don't deflect them they won't hurt you and now you are saying she is not invincible to bullets and guns and stuff like that.

Ok let me put it another way.

in the 2008 hulk movie Hulk is shot with tons of bullets. None penetrate his skin but they are an annoyance and he actively shielded his face and tried to avoid them I would NOT consider that totally invulnerable to bullets.

In the superman returns movie Superman is shot with very high calibur bullets and does not even flinch. he is even shot in the eye point blank and does not flinch even in the slightest. he is COMPLETELY invulnerable to bullets

Wonder Woman is more like the Hulk she is not complete invulnerable. she feels bullets and maybe being shot hurts her even if they cant kill her. In that situation it makes sense that she would attempt to block and control them rather than taking hits which can distract her more and open her up to other attacks. Same situation in the snowball analogy.

Bullets and bracers makes perfect sense to me.

ahh, I'm afraid your reasoning is a bit shot there. The Hulk movie you refer to is about the only time Hulk is shown as being bothered by bullets. He wasn't bothered at all by them in the Avengers assemble....perhaps they do annoy him, but he doesn't need to deflect them and they don't pierce his skin. Basically I stand by my opinion that WW is the ONLY character at her strength level who isn't bullet proof and it just doesn't stack up....surely its time the bracelets were used to deflect lasers, omega beam type strikes and magical sword attacks?- but not bullets!!

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#56  Edited By TDK_1997

@bezza said:

@wdw said:
    @tdk_1997 said:

@wdw said:

@tdk_1997:

@tdk_1997 said:

@wdw said:
    @tdk_1997 said:

What if in a snowball fight you had bracers that gave you the ability and skill to deflect any and all snowballs back in any direction you wanted including back at the origin.

Would you keep it or just let the snow balls hit you in the face because it wont kill you?

If I am invincible to the snowballs then I would get the braces off because I am invincible to the snowballs' effect.

Yeah but the point is you are not invincible to snowballs and the whole deflection thing would make it so you would not have to actually pickup and throw a snowball back at your attacker you just redirect them back to your attacker.

I understand what you are saying.But earlier you said that if you don't deflect them they won't hurt you and now you are saying she is not invincible to bullets and guns and stuff like that.

in the 2008 hulk movie Hulk is shot with tons of bullets. None penetrate his skin but they are an annoyance and he actively shielded his face and tried to avoid them I would NOT consider that totally invulnerable to bullets.

In the superman returns movie Superman is shot with very high calibur bullets and does not even flinch. he is even shot in the eye point blank and does not flinch even in the slightest. he is COMPLETELY invulnerable to bullets

Wonder Woman is more like the Hulk she is not complete invulnerable. she feels bullets and maybe being shot hurts her even if they cant kill her. In that situation it makes sense that she would attempt to block and control them rather than taking hits which can distract her more and open her up to other attacks. Same situation in the snowball analogy.

ahh, I'm afraid your reasoning is a bit shot there. The Hulk movie you refer to is about the only time Hulk is shown as being bothered by bullets. He wasn't bothered at all by them in the Avengers assemble....perhaps they do annoy him, but he doesn't need to deflect them and they don't pierce his skin. Basically I stand by my opinion that WW is the ONLY character at her strength level who isn't bullet proof and it just doesn't stack up....surely its time the bracelets were used to deflect lasers, omega beam type strikes and magical sword attacks?- but not bullets!!

Hulk's skin gets peirced by the bullets that are being shot at him and he is annoyed because of that but the way his healing factor works doesn't allow us to see the wounds.His healing factor is too strong and every wound he gets by such a small thing like a bullet gets healed at the moment.

WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By WDW
    @bezza said:

@wdw said:
    @tdk_1997 said:

@wdw said:

@tdk_1997:

@tdk_1997 said:

@wdw said:
    @tdk_1997 said:

No my reasoning is just fine. The problem we are having is we do not agree on a premise for this argument.

My premise is that Wonder Woman is a warrior she was trained by warriors AMAZONS to deflect ANY projectile that has even the slightest chance to do her harm or distract her in anyway no acceptations. Why? AMAZONS and WONDER WOMAN have a warrior philosophy of turning an enemy’s weapons back at them. That is a central concept of the wonder woman character and the main reason why she uses the bracers for bullets as well as other attacks. That is how the character was created and how it has been for 70+ years

AGREE or DISAGREE with my PREMISE to make this a constructive conversation.

YOU ORIGINALLY SAID. (.simply the fact that every other character I can think of who is at Wonder Woman's strength level is bullet proof...so surely someone with WW's strength and durability really shouldn't be bothered about trying to deflect bullets from some measly gun!!)

Now correct me if I am wrong but your premise seems to be Wonder Woman is supposed to be as strong as superman shazam ETC and they are all bullet proof... so Wonder Woman must be and therefore does not need to use bracers for bullets she should just let the bullets hit her.

If that is indeed your premise I completely disagree with it

Your premise suggest that Wonder Woman has a design flaw in her character that needs to be changed by DC comicbook writers.

YOU SAID (Basically I stand by my opinion that WW is the ONLY character at her strength level who isn't bullet proof)

Well that is not an opinion that is a FACT and I TOTALLY AGREE with it. but I will rephrase it..... Wonder Woman is the least resistant to bullets at her strength level

We can just as easily say Wonder Woman is the only character at her strength level to routinely use weapons and shields. Or Wonder Woman is the only character at her strength level to be formally trained in combat. Wonder Woman's abilities and vulnerabilities are what make her unique

you said (it just doesn't stack up)

Wonder Womans bracers more than compensate for her durability against gun fire and again she uses powerful weapons as shields and lasso

you said (.surely its time the bracelets were used to deflect lasers, omega beam type strikes and magical sword attacks?- but not bullets!!)

So your saying Wonder Woman should only deflect lasers, omega beams, and magical sword attacks and just let the bullets hit her? based on my premise I disagree. you are also forgetting that Wonder Woman deflects bullets or any projectile back at the target so she can use an attackers own weapon against them.

Picture LOL

No Caption Provided

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#58  Edited By PapiNacho

The entire point of Katana being placed in the JLA as her match up is her canonical vulnerability to piercing weapons. It is also why she carries a sword and occasionally shield. now I too think that even with that weakness the match up is ridiculous but there you have it.

r2datu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza said:

@wdw said:
    @tdk_1997 said:

@wdw said:

@tdk_1997:

@tdk_1997 said:

@wdw said:
    @tdk_1997 said:

Well, yeah ... but why is that a bad thing?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.