Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8805 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

I love Wonder Woman

Sinisteri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sinisteri

Always have and always will.

I may not agree about her current deoiction with everyone in this community, but I truly appreciate knowing readers care enough about WW to view their points.

I have grown up watching WW in cartoons and reruns of the 70s television story before reading the comic book. In comics, I enjoyed both the Silver age and golden age versions. When Perez reintroduced her in the 80s, I was not happy with all the changes-- but I was more happy with improvements and updated consistencies than the few elements that were lost. Others came after him, and I accepted most of the changes over the years.

The pants I was not happy with at all, but I may have been more open to the pants if her whole world hasn't been completely changed. Then there was Flashpoint & New 52. WW was effectively completely altered 3 times in less than two years. That was a bit much for one iconic character.

I enjoy that there is a WW title. I await a more traditional but modern depiction not including versions of the gods that look like cartoon images from a nursery book. In over 50 years, a version of the traditional WW always comes back. That version returns for a reason after each radical change.

Keeping all the lights in the house on for your return, Diana.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.