Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8805 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

How would the amazon pick a male mate?

GWHH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The part of the recent "rape and kill" story line about the amazons. Other than the cold blooded post mating killing, which makes them look less than human.

The part that bothered me the 2nd most about this idea. It Is shows that the amazon aren't too picky about which males they use to propagate there species. For a group that values the finer things in life. Art, music, science, etc. And works hard at being the best of those things in there non-war time. The picking of a male to mate with for the purpose of increasing there numbers. That would be the worst way to get new (and better) generic material for there gene pool! Show up naked and see who bangs them! I think the ones that would refuse there advances on ethnic or moral grounds would be a better choice!

I always figured that when the amazon needed to increase there numbers. The Queen had a lottery or a list of woman who time it was to make new sisters. Checked off a number of them and they all hoped in a boat and rowed to man world and went looking for the best male genetic they could find. Maybe, not among the best warriors they could find. But certainly the best looking, smartest, best emotional bearing, etc.

So for the sake of argument. It time to make more amazon sister, the chosen group of sister all hope in a boat and go looking for men in the men world. How do you think they would accomplishment this goal?? On line dating, hang out at the local university, check out the local strip club? Other ideas and opinions on this subject are welcome. But this will not turn into a discussion on "rape and kill" thing.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Archizooom

Every 10 years the Queen would send a hundred amazon spies to Men's world on a reconnaissance mission to scout and gather intel on the healthiest, taller-than-average males with a very high IQ and strength-speed ratio. Then she would send the prettiest amazons to seduce and snatch the males and bring them over to Themyscira where they would keep them shackled in a barn for endless supply of baby gravy. They would hot-brand the boys with code numbers before sending them back to make sure that none was recaptured and used to impregnate their biological sisters.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Every 10 years the Queen would send a hundred amazon spies to Men's world on a reconnaissance mission to scout and gather intel on the healthiest, taller-than-average males with a very high IQ and strength-speed ratio. Then she would send the prettiest amazons to seduce and snatch the males and bring them over to Themyscira where they would keep them shackled in a barn for endless supply of baby gravy. They would hot-brand the boys with code numbers before sending them back to make sure that none was recaptured and used to impregnate their biological sisters.

I like the direction you're going here, I'd take it a few steps further. I think they could go so far as to selectively breed children for specific traits. Why not find the smartest man and breed him with the best scientific minds within the Amazons? The most attractive man to breed with the prettiest Amazons the best athletes paired with the best warriors etc... If they are looking to propagate the species with only the best of the best it seems like they would treat the process much like animal breeding.

Also, because the Amazon's are immortal as long as they stay on the island it would be a simple matter to eliminate any potential in-breeding by only going out into the world once a century to ensure the "breeding stock" males have a distant enough relationship from any given Amazon, or select only certain geographies during each trip (i.e the 2025 trip would be to South America, but the 2050 trip would be to China). Or they could simply continue to give their sons to Hephaestus to be raised and never reintroduce them to "gen-pop". Of course they could also become more advanced and figure out a way to ensure only female children are conceived thus circumventing the whole nasty business of having to deal with sons.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By dshipp17

With those ideas, I like Azz's chosen method a lot better. Focus on a diverse gene pool (e.g. both pretty and ugly men). The Amazon's are the one's who spread the beauty to their offspring, as well as all of the desirable physically traits; the men only spread the brains/smarts to the offspring; remember, this is magic at work; the Amazons have psychic abilities in the case of ugly, shy men, for the limited ability of sensing intense sexual attraction (e.g. the Amazons are strongly drawn to men who have an intense sexual attraction towards them), but have no psychic abilities in the case of pretty, outgoing men. Sure, they can keep the men capture instead or eventually murdering them (e.g. only murder for cause). The Amazons are to be attractive for the men, both pretty and ugly.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17 said:

With those ideas, I like Azz's chosen method a lot better. Focus on a diverse gene pool (e.g. both pretty and ugly men). The Amazon's are the one's who spread the beauty to their offspring, as well as all of the desirable physically traits; the men only spread the brains/smarts to the offspring; remember, this is magic at work; the Amazons have psychic abilities in the case of ugly, shy men, for the limited ability of sensing intense sexual attraction (e.g. the Amazons are strongly drawn to men who have an intense sexual attraction towards them), but have no psychic abilities in the case of pretty, outgoing men. Sure, they can keep the men capture instead or eventually murdering them (e.g. only murder for cause). The Amazons are to be attractive for the men, both pretty and ugly.

You are kind of contradicting yourself though. What need for a diverse gene pool when magic is the driving force here? What difference does it make if they all simply sleep with the same one man if it's all basically up to the magic?

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the amazon genes are the more dominant ones, so they don't have to worry about quality of the males genetics other than potency.

I have to go back and read those issues of the new 52 Wonder Woman but, why the need to reproduce? Are any of the amazons immortal? I mean some of them have got to be right? Hyppolyta, Artemis, Hessia? They appeared to always be around. If every generation is immortal wouldn't the island be over saturated?

Redatom1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Game of thrones style

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the amazon genes are the more dominant ones, so they don't have to worry about quality of the males genetics other than potency.

I have to go back and read those issues of the new 52 Wonder Woman but, why the need to reproduce? Are any of the amazons immortal? I mean some of them have got to be right? Hyppolyta, Artemis, Hessia? They appeared to always be around. If every generation is immortal wouldn't the island be over saturated?

they are ageless while they stay on the Island, but they lose women to doom's doorway it seems. Hessia has aged since she left Themyscira.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MaxSavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultimatesmfan: Yeah, they might be immortal (not 100% sure on that) but they die all the time, take the last arc of Deathstroke's Godkiller for instance. So yeah, they would need repopulate. However, I don't read WW enough, but I don't recall ever seeing child Amazon warriors...

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultimatesmfan: Yeah, they might be immortal (not 100% sure on that) but they die all the time, take the last arc of Deathstroke's Godkiller for instance. So yeah, they would need repopulate. However, I don't read WW enough, but I don't recall ever seeing child Amazon warriors...

Check out the #0 issue from the Azzarello run ... we see Diana and a few others as children. As far as I know we haven't seen any other children because they only go on their sex raids once every 33 years so with Diana and her generation being around 23-24 years old there wouldn't be any children on the island currently.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trial by combat.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@micah said:

Trial by combat.

What about death by snu snu..? :P.

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Not a fan of the genetic selection idea beyond choosing someone who's physically fit. I believe they would concentrate on nurture over nature.

Ultra_beleco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They just invade the closest boat to the island :P

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@csg_cl said:
    @dshipp17 said:

You are kind of contradicting yourself though. What need for a diverse gene pool when magic is the driving force here? What difference does it make if they all simply sleep with the same one man if it's all basically up to the magic?

Because it's the Amazon's drive towards intense sexual attraction that drives them towards a mate. But, sometimes, this may not be the case, so they'd be left to mate with the pretty and outgoing men. The better the pretty man's gain, the better his chance of scoring an Amazon for mating.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:

I like the direction you're going here, I'd take it a few steps further. I think they could go so far as to selectively breed children for specific traits. Why not find the smartest man and breed him with the best scientific minds within the Amazons? The most attractive man to breed with the prettiest Amazons the best athletes paired with the best warriors etc... If they are looking to propagate the species with only the best of the best it seems like they would treat the process much like animal breeding.

Also, because the Amazon's are immortal as long as they stay on the island it would be a simple matter to eliminate any potential in-breeding by only going out into the world once a century to ensure the "breeding stock" males have a distant enough relationship from any given Amazon, or select only certain geographies during each trip (i.e the 2025 trip would be to South America, but the 2050 trip would be to China). Or they could simply continue to give their sons to Hephaestus to be raised and never reintroduce them to "gen-pop". Of course they could also become more advanced and figure out a way to ensure only female children are conceived thus circumventing the whole nasty business of having to deal with sons.

The purpose of those reconnaissance missions was to find men like Bruce Wayne and Mr.Terrific ie men who've got it all, the brain and the brawn, and add those genes to the Themysciran gene pool so the overall population of Paradise Island inherited those desirable traits. So, through eugenics and over the course of five thousand years, the Amazons would've evolved into a race of tall, very strong and exceptionally intelligent women, some stronger, some smarter, some prettier, fate would take care that. However, so would the male progeny which would only increase the probability of them being picked for future "sperm donations" hence the branding.

At the dawn of the Amazon civilization, male and female babies born with genetic defects were simply cast into the sea in order to purge those undesired genes, kind of like the Spartans used to do. However they eventually evolved out of those barbaric ways, acquired magical as well as scientific knowledge which allowed them to scan embryos for genetic anomalies. Ultimately, the Amazons would've attained mastery over genetic engineering and discovered the formula for immortality a.k.a the elixir of life, so on that not-so fateful day when Steve's aircraft crashed on the island, he would've found a world of whimsy, replete with tall gorgeous disease-free women, hybrid animals and spectacular looking flora that's the stuff of legends

LpnQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The one w/ money.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17: I'd see the Amazons being more intently attracted to othe Amazons to be honest. Males just seem like tools to them. Not something they would take their pleasure from.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brunnhilde: yes, but there are likely only a few Bruce Wayne/Mr. Terrifics specimens in a generation (likely not even that often). And it adds the problem of how to effectively extract them from undoubtably high profile positions and places. Selecting men based on fewer, but very stringent criteria allows for more of the anonymity the Amazons need for their xenophobic existence,

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: There would be no shortage of amazon males scattered throughout the world, many of whom would never truly realize their potential, good genes only get you so far. The Amazon spies were trained to sniff them out. I would have it that Bruce is half themysciran, actually Aleka's nephew, turns out his father Thomas was an Amazon boy adopted into the Wayne family, that's why his son can do a triple backflip despite his tall, hefty constitution. And why he's so abnormally smart.

GWHH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I could see them kidnapping them and using them as mates. But not shackling them up. More like you have been deemed worthy of being an amazon mate and father of her child. Do you agree to this great privilege male??

I am sure in the amazon code of conduct. If a male refuses to mate with a amazon. She able to battle him in one on one combat for loving. If he wins. No nookie for him. If he loses he better make sweet, love to him until she says she done, or else!!

They would use a combination of scientific methods, praying to the goddess, and good old fashion logical thinking!

@csg_cl said:
    @brunnhilde said:

Enzo991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After reading through this topic, I find myself grossed out and highly disgusted. F*** the Amazons...

Avatar image for wastelandherox9x
    Wastelandherox9x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Wastelandherox9x

She will pick someone shy and weak of course.

Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
    deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

they shouldnt they have clay and gods and advanced science to make more amazons

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By HighAccuser

I feel like that part was always up to chance.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@enzo991: "F*** the Amazons". Yeah that'd be pretty amazing.

gamiz7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hit him with a stick and drag him to your cave

Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
    deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@enzo991 said:

After reading through this topic, I find myself grossed out and highly disgusted. F*** the Amazons...

the amazons thankfully never did any of those above things at least prior to the n52

Super-Wonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pin the tail on the Donkey.

They are eternal and don't need to procreate.

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think it would involve Gail's thorny friendship bracelets and peach pit necklaces, that idea was so bad it was worthy of Meredith Finch.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By XLR87T3
    @dshipp17 said:
    @csg_cl said:
    @dshipp17 said:

Because it's the Amazon's drive towards intense sexual attraction that drives them towards a mate. But, sometimes, this may not be the case, so they'd be left to mate with the pretty and outgoing men. The better the pretty man's gain, the better his chance of scoring an Amazon for mating.

I thought Amazons were manhating lesbians who reluctantly rape (and then kill) men due to a lack of a Sperm Donation Facility.

GWHH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A video on this subject:

https://youtu.be/9jgsipa8ToU

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

@tedirey said:

Amazon's should mate with those who can beat them in fair combat.

I am reminded of the story of a mongolian princess who made that claim, that she'd only marry a man if he could beat her in combat and if he lost he'd have to give her a hundred horses... and she died unwed and with 60.000 horses.

Avatar image for masterwitcher88
    masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tedirey said:

Amazon's should mate with those who can beat them in fair combat.

I am reminded of the story of a mongolian princess who made that claim, that she'd only marry a man if he could beat her in combat and if he lost he'd have to give her a hundred horses... and she died unwed and with 60.000 horses.

Awesome story, great investment.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.