Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8804 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

How would I portray Wonder Woman in the League

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
    deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I honestly would make her the biggest threat and that is not out of a bias opinion. I would write her a lot like how Gamora is in GoTG. Diana has no real weaknesses to exploit and she is the only female on the team in general. I would push her harder than her team mates based on that.

Look at how she was portrayed in Justice League War for example. She did the most damage to Darkseid and looked the most impressive compared to the other team members. Obviously she can't be invincible but she should be written more stronger than she is currently. She was intended to be as powerful as Superman so why make her look like a bug in comparison?

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Archizooom

I can accept Superman being marginally superior to Wonder Woman but I really can't deal with Wonder Woman being less than her male counterpart in every conceivable way, I find that very difficult to swallow

Super-Wonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would make her a team leader, directing and orchestrating tactical resolutions to what ever opposition may threaten the team or the world. This is a strength of hers that can be explored further.

I see them splitting into two teams, Red and Blue (or what ever color desigantion), she would be on one team and Superman on the other as the heavy hitters and team leaders. Batman would run intel from the command center with the other League members alternating between teams as needed.

Sometimes other members would run point depending on the situation but Superman and Wonder Woman would not be on the same team because of skill set and power level, spreading the assets out evenly and eliminating redundancies.

Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
    deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

She should just be 1/3 of the trinity which all take turns leading the league in their own ways and she should be in charge of magic/extra dimensional and political threats and maybe front like a JL Magic team or something

Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
    deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

The only reason superman should be stronger than her is if he is meant to be stronger than all the big namers in that his power is technically exponential and related to his sun absorption but at normal levels there should be very little difference between them(if any) imo

MPfly88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MPfly88

In one of the earlier issues of New 52 Justice League, WW threw a temper tantrum and beat up the whole League. Right now she's leading the charge in Darkseid War.

Is this thread suppose to be bait? Because this is a prime example as to why WW fans have a reputation for never being satisfied.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

SMH

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mpfly88: We all thought she was gonna lead the charge in Darkseid War but much to my disappointment she hasn't really done anything so far, and her slashing at her teammates like a feral, trigger-happy oaf ain't nothing to be proud about, is it. She didn't beat them, she just attacked her fellow JL mates out of nowhere, with a deadly weapon

MPfly88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brunnhilde:

Fair enough. But WW has never been portrayed as a pushover. I disagree though that she should be portrayed as the biggest threat because:

A. That cheapens the value of the other teammates.

B. She's really not the biggest threat.

There's a reason the all powerful Superman, Hal Jordan, and Flash, for all their amazing power, job to their other teammates every once in awhile. It's to show everyone brings something different to the table. There should be threats that WW specializes in, and threats where she gets her face kicked in.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mpfly88: You mean because that right is reserved to Superman, the all-powerful being that dwarfs and renders the Justice League redundant...

MPfly88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mpfly88: You mean because that right is reserved to Superman, the all-powerful being that dwarfs and renders the Justice League redundant...

Yes and no.

Yes as in Superman is basically (for lack of a better term) the Christ figure of the Superhero community. He's the living embodiment of what a Superhero is suppose to be. Brave, selfless, kind, strong, merciful, honest, etc. I'm not saying other heroes aren't like that, but Superman has always been the guy that champion's those principles. Combine that with the fact that he's incredibly powerful, and yea, a lot of heroes would without a second thought, rally behind him.

No as in Superman has, on many occasions, not had the power to stop certain threats. Like I said, everyone brings something different to the table. If there's a powerful magical threat to the world, there's not a whole lot Superman can do, other than support. Meanwhile Wonder Woman would most likely be the MVP in that situation.

I think it's completely dependent on the situation on who would fill in the role of leading the charge, and who would be the biggest threat the League can offer.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mpfly88: We all thought she was gonna lead the charge in Darkseid War but much to my disappointment she hasn't really done anything so far, and her slashing at her teammates like a feral, trigger-happy oaf ain't nothing to be proud about, is it. She didn't beat them, she just attacked her fellow JL mates out of nowhere, with a deadly weapon

*claps slowly*

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SuperDrummer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman would be the voice of righteousness. Not the most powerful, but the most willing to take action.

Superman is good, merciful, ext, but too much of a softy. Sure, he can cut loose and pound Doomsday more than anyone else, but he has a problem with holding back WAY too much when things are even slightly morally grey.

Hal is more cold, and a lot less emotional than the others, and thus technically could fill out the above roll. However, he follows strict rules that limit him, making WW more effective in some situations.

Martian is the most versatile and overall most capable (still loosing to supes in a fight, but versatility is king), but is far more aloof. WW would take action while he is still debating, which is sometimes exactly what's needed.

This is how I would balance them. WW would be slightly weaker than Supes and man-hunter, but balanced in other more important ways story wise.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: You're still bothered

No Caption Provided

No jimmies rustled here. It's too sad to be rustled over.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't get the notification. Finally something useful.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By dernman

I know right? Why deal with reality when you can live in blissful ignorance........

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.