Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8805 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

How would a Themysciran military be like

gerbil13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I want to know about stuff like ,how good are the amazon warriors and what capabilities and what sort of equipment do they use. what are the city defences like when trying to repel an invasion and does themyscira have any air and space defence/offense capabilities. what sort of technology do the amazons have to fight with and how big is there armed forces. I know the amazons use greek hoplites style gear but surely its a lot better and is able to stop bullets or something .how do they fight and what tactics and strategies would they likely use.where does wonder womans invisible plane come from. ect ect ,any info on the amazons military would be appreciated.

this is not supposed to be a who would win thread but if it helps, how would the amazons fight enemies like the sinestro corps, star wars empire, warhammer 40k chaos, any constructive comments would help .

I'm just looking for info from someone who knows more about them, and wiki doesn't tell me everything I want to know, thanks

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

they would have daily pillow fights lol

SayaOtonashi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wiki doesn't tell you anything because it depends with Marston's very intelligent and tech advance. Perez they were still able to fight off modern tech if able but only ancient tech. Azz low tech and we don't know. They do have combat skills .However out of all the runs Marston had the amazons do way more mental skills they a wish were being devolved.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Entirely depends on which frame of time we are dealing with:

• Pre-Crisis: Mix of ancient and weird space-age stuff
    • Post-Crisis: Ancient, but better than anyone else at it (like shooting down jets with bow and arrow).
    • Flashpoint: fleet of invisible jets and womanpower enough to subjugate England
    • New 52: Ancient, but said to be the most formidable army on Earth.
    ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ArchiZoom

Sometimes they use advanced technology, sometimes rudimentary weapons infused with magic but more often than not the amazons are depicted as a stagnant civilization of powerful women stuck in the classical age. Despite 3000 of training and their superhuman strength and stamina, Batman can beat a dozen of them in under a minute lol

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Outside_85

@archizoom: Well, during AA two Amazons nearly got to punch Batman's clock... before Superman threw a trash dumpster at them.

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did Batman really beat a dozen Amazons in under a minute? Sigh... comics. What were the circumstances? My assumption has always been that an average amazon could beat Batman in a fair fight, but Batman doesn't do "fair fights".

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.