Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8717 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

How to work the cigitical comics thing?

natvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Okay, some exciting comics are coming out in digital form this August. Problem is, I've never done this before. So how do you,

A.) Get a hold of the digital comics and pay for them

B.) How do you view it? Is it a PDF file that you download and carry around with you?

C.) HOW to do it all

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@natvin: I've gone 100% digital via tablet ... Comixology, DC and Marvel all have apps ... From DC and Marvel you can download issues directly from the app and read in a "tablet guided view" Comixology is owned by Amazon now and you have to make purchases from the Comixology website then download into the app. It's fairly easy and if you are like me and travel a lot for work it makes life pretty easy.

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@natvin: comixology you can pay with using paypal or credit card

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darknightspideyfanboy: yes and with DC, and Marvel Apps you purchase through either iTunes or Android marketplace with credit card

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: You mean I can't pay with a money order? :(

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

natvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But what form is the digital comic in? do you get a PDF to download?

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@natvin said:

But what form is the digital comic in? do you get a PDF to download?

depends on where you purchase. On my iPad it's what the call a "guided reader" which means I can either look at the entire page as a whole or double tap and be taken through the comic panel by panel ... I believe there are PDF versions for desktop computers as well. If you have an iPad download the DC Comics App from the App store and then download one of the free previews to get an idea of how it works.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By MakkyD

@natvin: DC/Marvel don't use PDFs and on PC can only be viewed online. Image, and other DRM-free sites (such as 2000ad) use PDFs and other downloadable formats.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.