Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

How the Gods can work in the DCCU

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By SaintWildcard

Marvel went with the "they are aliens" route. Do you think WB will do the same? Will they be tied to the missing Kryptonian from Clark's ship? How would you explain Magic and the gods? My guess is that the gods get their magic from the Rock of Eternity.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

They could just use the Greek mythology explanation. Technically anyone from space is an alien, the asgardians are still called gods in MCU. Odin was the only one who disagreed.

I'd much rather have it not be explained, and just let them exist. Just say that they are the gods from mythology.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel went with the "they are aliens" route. Do you think WB will do the same? Will they be tied to the missing Kryptonian from Clark's ship? How would you explain Magic and the gods? My guess is that the gods get their magic from the Rock of Eternity.

No explanation needed for magic. If they're going to have Gods and whatnot in the DCCU, let them be just that. Gods.

If anything, Marvel made it worse by calling what should be magic science.

It's fiction. The general audience should at least be able to understand that there are some things that can happen in movies that can't in reality. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SaintWildcard

@scouterv said:

@saint_wildcard said:

No explanation needed for magic. If they're going to have Gods and whatnot in the DCCU, let them be just that. Gods.

It's fiction. The general audience should at least be able to understand that there are some things that can happen in movies that can't in reality. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

The problem is that they are gods that took part in creation. What about characters like Constantine or Zatanna? The New Gods? Demons and Angels? The Presence?

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:

@saint_wildcard said:

The problem is that they are gods that took part in creation. What about characters like Constantine or Zatanna? The New Gods? Demons and Angels? The Presence?

Sorry, but I'm not picking up what you're putting down. What's the issue you foresee? Cause I see no problem with having all of this.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:

Sorry, but I'm not picking up what you're putting down. What's the issue you foresee? Cause I see no problem with having all of this.

The Greek Gods created the universe and the Earth. This is not the case when you have the true creator which is the Presence, not to mention beings from outside the Multiverse like the New Gods. IT's a problem because it's an inconstancy within the universe.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Immortal half-human hybrids of ancient aliens with reality warping powers, maybe?

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Technically, the gods are aliens, in the sense that they're from a foreign country or nation, which I guess Olympus qualifies as.

I don't think the gods will be tied to the Rock Of Eternity, but I feel that the gods will be just there. No clear explanation. At least I hope so. The gods in the myths were beyond mortal comprehension.. so I'll just leave it at that.

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The Greek Gods created the universe and the Earth. This is not the case when you have the true creator which is the Presence, not to mention beings from outside the Multiverse like the New Gods. IT's a problem because it's an inconstancy within the universe.

I think they will most likely just focus on the Olympians. Tbh, the gods that were said to be essential to the universe were the primordial's and iirc, they don't really play any major role in the DCU, or have had any major appearances to speak of. When people think of the greek gods they typically refer to the Olympians..

Though I guess Zeus has a major role being the head of the Olympians.

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would have it that the Gods are 4 dimensional beings that lie beyond the scope of human intelligence, in much the same way that 3 dimensional beings like the human race would be perceived as Gods of unfathomable power by the 2 dimensional denizens of Flatland.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And screw Soule, Wonder Woman should "breathe" in space

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would have it that the Gods are 4 dimensional beings that lie beyond the scope of human intelligence, in much the same way that 3 dimensional beings like the human race would be perceived as Gods of unfathomable power by the 2 dimensional denizens of Flatland.

You're describing what the New Gods should be.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dafuq does that have to do with this?

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
    MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm pretty sure in the comics the Greek Gods are aliens along the lines of the New Gods. Aren't they considered the 'Old Gods' or something?

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread reminded me of how despicable it was for him to take it upon himself to establish that a God fathered by the King of Heaven can't breathe in space.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SaintWildcard

@brunnhilde said:

@saint_wildcard said:

This thread reminded me of how despicable it was for him to take it upon himself to establish that a God fathered by the King of Heaven can't breathe in space.

If that's the card you wanna play, he's the god of the sky, not space.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By The_Kidd

I don't think all form of magic should be tied to the Rock of Eternity, why does a concept such as magic needs to be explained in first place, if anything they could just say it is a energy that comes from tapping into another reality etc.

@brunnhilde said:

Lol, that was a problem for Scott Snyder Superman as well.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

@scouterv said:

@saint_wildcard said:

As a matter of fact, the Olympians had no part in the formation of creation, they were at best the third generation of beings after Gaea/Uranos and their Titan offspring, not counting the abstract entities that existed before that and the monsters Gaea also created. But like with Norse myth, Earth/Midgard is something that was born out of chaos with no greater hand to guide it.

Anyways, I dont see a problem with DC sticking to letting the gods remain gods. They've managed for decades in comics to have the science-basd New Gods and the magic based Olympians coexisting with no problem.

I'm pretty sure in the comics the Greek Gods are aliens along the lines of the New Gods. Aren't they considered the 'Old Gods' or something?

Not really, there was parts of the New Gods history where stuff like Asgard and Olympus were part of the Old Gods, but it was an idea that was never truly put into effect.

Aside that, DC has kept their myth Gods 'godly', as in making them extradimensional beings of enormous power that embodies various ideas and concepts that mankind has connected to them. The New Gods do many of the same things, but because of all the science they bring along, they end up looking more like space aliens than gods.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Sky comprises outer space. The Sky is everything above the surface of the earth. In fact in greek mythology, it was Hercules and Hera that created the Milky Way. When Hera woke up and saw baby Hercules sucking at her nipple, she pushed him away and her milk squirted across the sky thus creating the bright white stars

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Archizooom

@outside_85: Actually in norse mythology, Midgard was fashioned by Odin and his siblings from the carcass of the giant Ymir.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard said:

The Sky comprises outer space. The Sky is everything above the surface of the earth. In fact in greek mythology, it was Hercules and Hera that created the Milky Way. When Hera woke up and saw baby Hercules sucking at her nipple, she pushed him away and her milk squirted across the sky thus creating the bright white stars

Huh...I never heard that. Sounds just the right amount of weird to be Greek mythology, though.

@scouterv said:

The Greek Gods may THINK they created the universe, unaware of their own creation by The Presence. The Source radiation is what gave birth to the power of the New Gods, right? (I could be wrong here.) And The Source is merely another aspect of The Presence, perhaps? The Source created the Greek Gods, it's radiation impacted another planet close enough to the Source Wall that they were forever changed, and became The New Gods.

Remember the DCCU is pretty fresh, so things are up for interpretation anyway. Even if what I'm saying is wrong, it could be how they play it in the DCCU. No worries.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

@outside_85: Actually in norse mythology, Midgard was fashioned by Odin and his siblings from the carcass of the giant Ymir.

Only if you assume Midgard only refers to Earth.

Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
    deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Gods exist in a different realm and are just as powerful as the most powerful scientific entities. I think overall DC just needs to develop their mystical side and this should come along with it. Its actually a good idea for them to get on it since thatll give them an edge over Marvel

Avatar image for wonderfulpeople
    wonderfulpeople

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think gods created the universe and earth . Different gods should represent different thing or emotion.. . for example: Apollo is the sun(so he is really sun) Artemis is the moon, Zeus is sky , Hades is underworld, Ares is War

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.