How Strong is wonder woman currently?

#1 Edited by Bezza (3520 posts) - - Show Bio

Been reading the latest JLA comic book today (The bi monthly UK edition) and Wonder Woman helps Superman catch a falling aircraft carrier. Not sure what they weigh, wikipedia suggests the full sized ones are 100,000 tons. She is then still holding it on her own, whilst Superman lets go. Just how strong is WW? I thought people said the new 52 version is weak? Doesn't appear that way.

#2 Edited by PowerWoman (3347 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a very sad topic

http://www.comicvine.com/wonder-woman/4005-2048/forums/wonder-woman-against-katana-1476954/#54

DC think katana can beat wonder woman,and she isnt has any great feats

#3 Edited by lilben42 (2531 posts) - - Show Bio

@bezza: She is said to be one of the strongest. But doesn't have any crazy feats. She punched a guy through a building.

#4 Edited by Teerack (5851 posts) - - Show Bio
@powerwoman said:

This is a very sad topic

http://www.comicvine.com/wonder-woman/4005-2048/forums/wonder-woman-against-katana-1476954/#54

A.R.G.U.S. doesn't really have full intel on Wonder Woman's strength. That aside Katana is an amazing fighter has a magic sword. Feats don't mean anything in the New 52 yet, because it hasn't been going long enough for us to actually gage how strong Katana is from them.

New 52 Wonder Woman is possibly stronger than Superman because she is the daughter of Zeus and when she takes off her branches her power level increases a lot. She only did this in Olympus, so no one even Batman has any idea how strong she can be.

#5 Edited by Nahuel (391 posts) - - Show Bio

It depends on the writer:

If Azzarello, she's stronger than a god and I think she could kick Superman's ass whenever she wants.

If Geoff, well... She is not stronger than any support member

#6 Posted by PowerWoman (3347 posts) - - Show Bio

@lilben42: There someone tell me wonder woman isnt need high level feats is silly thing

and yeah....wonder woman vs katana is not silly.What can i say

#7 Posted by lilben42 (2531 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: No, she doesn't need them. It just really depends on the writer.

#8 Posted by Teerack (5851 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: You don't always need something to be spelled out for you with a feat to know it's possible... In the "War of the Hulks" story we learned Amadeus Cho is one of the 8th smartest men in the world in the Marvel Universe up there with Reed, Pym, and Stark, but he doesn't really have any feats. The same with Bruce Banner to, he had hardly any intellect feats for the longest time but then in War of the Hulks and Indestructible Hulk they gave him some, but that doesn't mean he wasn't super smart and people didn't know he was super smart beforehand.

Feats are meant to be the data you use to help come to an educated conclusion... not your entire thought process.

#9 Posted by lilben42 (2531 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack: That would be awesome if she couldn't control herself during god mode and the whole Justice League had to work together to take her down. Maybe during Trinity War... doubt it though.

#10 Posted by PowerWoman (3347 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack: When I shot these words, I have been close to crying

I'm sorry,I cant talking anymore for now,I'm like wonder woman but I dont want to see she got shame again

that not a news,DC always make wonder woman look like weak

Feats is very important,if wonder woman just fight like katana or deathstroke or some street charater that just prove wonder woman is weak

people tell me feats isnt importand and shallow,a charater originally close to the Superman power level but always get shame,that just let me feel sad and anger,that not wonder woman,that not William Moulton Marston of wonder woman

#11 Edited by Teerack (5851 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack: When I shot these words, I have been close to crying

I'm sorry,I cant talking anymore for now,I'm like wonder woman but I dont want to see she got shame again

that not a news,DC always make wonder woman look like weak

Feats is very important,if wonder woman just fight like katana or deathstroke or some street charater that just prove wonder woman is weak

people tell me feats isnt importand and shallow,a charater originally close to the Superman power level but always get shame,that just let me feel sad and anger,that not wonder woman,that not William Moulton Marston of wonder woman

100% sure you didn't understand me.

#12 Edited by Teerack (5851 posts) - - Show Bio

@lilben42: I could see that. It would fit really well with the whole Batman has no idea how to beat her and Superman is his only hope thing.

#13 Posted by PowerWoman (3347 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack: I'm understand,but the true is DC always give wonder woman street charater level like deathstroke,it's even say deathstroke is faster than her

Superman has same thing like this?no

Superman always has better feats and good story,I dont know what is hard,ok,if you cant give wonder woman high level feats but at least not make her look like weak

but..

0 feats

always match street charater

How can you think wonder woman is powerful.............

#14 Posted by PowerWoman (3347 posts) - - Show Bio

If you dont belive me wonder woman always match street charater,I can scan them

#15 Posted by MPfly88 (153 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack said:
@powerwoman said:

This is a very sad topic

A.R.G.U.S. doesn't really have full intel on Wonder Woman's strength. That aside Katana is an amazing fighter has a magic sword. Feats don't mean anything in the New 52 yet, because it hasn't been going long enough for us to actually gage how strong Katana is from them.

New 52 Wonder Woman is possibly stronger than Superman because she is the daughter of Zeus and when she takes off her branches her power level increases a lot. She only did this in Olympus, so no one even Batman has any idea how strong she can be.

Not really. Even to this day I still can't believe that whole bracelets thing was written. It's like something out of a bad fan fic, plus we've see Diana not wear her bracelets haven't we? Why didn't she go Super Saiyan then? There's a reason why this whole nonsense was never touched on again. At least for now.

Not to mention we don't know the extent of Superman's strength either, and he will always continue to grow stronger the longer he remains under Earth's yellow Sun.

#16 Posted by Teerack (5851 posts) - - Show Bio

@mpfly88: Lol do you not know what a reboot is? There has only been like 8 issues since she last used it to. :P

#17 Edited by evilvegeta74 (4527 posts) - - Show Bio

@

@teerack said:
@powerwoman said:

This is a very sad topic

Ah Dragonball / Dragon Ball Z Piccolo and Pikkon ( At 1:35) takes off weighted training gear!They have powered up characters in the New 52, the vids are in reference to WW.

#18 Posted by PowerWoman (3347 posts) - - Show Bio

Wrong thread

How weak is wonder woman currently?This should be more in line with the truth

#19 Edited by blkson (785 posts) - - Show Bio

Wrong thread

How weak is wonder woman currently?This should be more in line with the truth

Sounds about right to me. She seems depowered in my opinion.

#20 Posted by PowerWoman (3347 posts) - - Show Bio

@blkson: Yes,she it's,but there some people just cant accepted

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.