Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

How strong is she?

• 100 results
    petite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I don't really read comics (I don't even remember why I made an account here, I think it was just to ask random comic/cartoon related questions), so I don't really know how New 52 Wonder Woman's doing in the strength department, so I'd love to know! I'd also love to know how fast, durable, etc. she is, and if she has any powers besides the obvious ones (flight and super strength/speed/durability). Like, does she still have that lightning power she had at one point? I loved that.

I mean, I looked at a few pages of the respect thread, but I'd rather not look through 31 pages of a thread.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

she helped superman move a planet in the previous universe so she is pretty strong.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@petite:New 52 wonder woman

Strength:Probably can lift aircraft carrier

Speed:Supersonic, but lower than the speed of light

Durability:N-bomb could be kill her,she need superman save her

@primebonnick: That not New 52,it's pre-52

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By primebonnick

@powerwoman: right my bad missed the 52 in the OP reading on a phone is harder than i thought thanks.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PowerWoman

@agent41: Eh,superman get weaker too,but wonder woman still need superman's cape to save her in panel

She best feat=lift aircraft carrier

And her speed isnt close to speed of light for sure,Based on the feat,it's Supersonic

petite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: How is she in comparison to other characters (mostly Superman)?

BlueBeetle1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: She took the nuclear explosion while she was extremely weak. Superman covered her AFTER they had already tanked the explosion.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluebeetle1: Superman's cape save her first then they are took explosion

@petite said:

@powerwoman: How is she in comparison to other characters (mostly Superman)?

New 52?En....

Superman bench earth weight five days

Superman faster than speed of light

Superman push the ship which ten time bigger than earth

Superman push the entire earth

Superman easily beat supergirl who as strong as fast as wonder woman

Eh

BlueBeetle1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

azala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In N52, approximately Kryptonian level strength and speed. Probably somewhat less durable (but still able to go toe to toe with Kryptonians / tank a nuke point blank). Has a "god" mode with bracelets removed that seems to buff her quite a bit but hard to tell how much, depends on the writer it seems. In her own comic she is mostly up against other gods / creatures etc and the emphasis is much less on feats than the likes of Superman. In Justice League it seems like she is generally the second most powerful hero to Superman but is a better warrior with less weaknesses and some neat magical gear.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By CSG_CL

@azala said:

In N52, approximately Kryptonian level strength and speed. Probably somewhat less durable (but still able to go toe to toe with Kryptonians / tank a nuke point blank). Has a "god" mode with bracelets removed that seems to buff her quite a bit but hard to tell how much, depends on the writer it seems. In her own comic she is mostly up against other gods / creatures etc and the emphasis is much less on feats than the likes of Superman. In Justice League it seems like she is generally the second most powerful hero to Superman but is a better warrior with less weaknesses and some neat magical gear.

I pretty much agree with this assessment.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By PowerWoman

@azala said:

Wonder woman fight kryptonian it's more like karate kid beat Silver age superman

Lol

natvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HOW STRON IS SHE?!!

DUH!

"Stronger than Hercules!!!!"

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

@azala said:

Wonder woman fight kryptonian it's more like karate kid beat Silver age superman

Lol

Not really.

azala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By azala

@powerwoman said:

@azala said:

Lol

Not really.

No Caption Provided

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azala: Not really sure what you are tagging me for with that, since it's showing Diana being strong fast and skilled enough to take on two military trained Kryptonians and not immediately have her ass handed to her the way they did Superman.

azala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azala: Not really sure what you are tagging me for with that, since it's showing Diana being strong fast and skilled enough to take on two military trained Kryptonians and not immediately have her ass handed to her the way they did Superman.

I was agreeing with what you were saying by showing her throwing down with 2 kryptonians =)

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BlueBeetle1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shes a 100 tonner. More than that, we dont know for sure. She hasnt maxed out.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

I always thought of her as not quite as strong as Superman, but she makes up for it by having better combat skills

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluebeetle1: she's far more than that. She's lifted things like airplanes and aircraft carriers that are well beyond 100 tons.

BlueBeetle1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:

@bluebeetle1: she's far more than that. She's lifted things like airplanes and aircraft carriers that are well beyond 100 tons.

i know. I merely listed her class level. It only goes to class 100.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluebeetle1: it's a limited scale ... Technically the Thing and Colossus are too, but there is no way they compare to Diana

BlueBeetle1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By BlueBeetle1

@csg_cl said:

@bluebeetle1: it's a limited scale ... Technically the Thing and Colossus are too, but there is no way they compare to Diana

yes, i know

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:

i know. I merely listed her class level. It only goes to class 100.

To be fair, as you probably also know, the strength class scale is something that only really existed with any sense of credibility in the early days of Marvel and most likely fell into disuse when Thor arrived and had to top the Hulk, the strongest there was.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: DC characters have always seemed well beyond the boundaries Marvel set up ... In the early days even the Hulk couldn't lift much more than 100 tons ... That's maybe a commercial aircraft.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:

@outside_85: DC characters have always seemed well beyond the boundaries Marvel set up ... In the early days even the Hulk couldn't lift much more than 100 tons ... That's maybe a commercial aircraft.

Meanwhile in the 40-50'ties, Diana was carrying Paradise Island on her back and Superman was towing solarsystems after him when he wasn't off sneezing at galaxies... as someone around her likes to wail at us to prove Kryptonian superiority.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By CSG_CL

@outside_85: LOL ... I will never understand why people want Kryptonians to be the most powerful entities in the universe. And make excuses whenever they prove not to be!

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman said:

@azala said:

Lol

Not really.

It's really,there no any scan can prove wonder woman can fight a Kryptonian,if you talking about "fight".karate kid is much better than wonder woman,who can beat SA superman

@csg_cl said:

@outside_85: LOL ... I will never understand why people want Kryptonians to be the most powerful entities in the universe. And make excuses whenever they prove not to be!

Sneeze destroy solar system,pull galaxy of worlds,withstand galaxies weights,faster than infinity,withstand big bang,

Even so,He not most powerful being in DC, there have many charater much more powerful than him,like COIE AM who can destroy multiverse

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

in the 40-50'ties, Diana was carrying Paradise Island on her back that was true

but shazam can throw oversize star with one hand

Which wonder woman never close a planet level in all her history(all feats)

linkjt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She doesn't need to move planets because those feats are never consistent,you have your planet moving Superman being hurt by way less than planetary strength level all the time. So what is the point in moving a planet once or twice if he will be hurt by less and struggle with less in the other 99% of the stories he appears in?.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@linkjt said:

@powerwoman said:

She doesn't need to move planets because those feats are never consistent,you have your planet moving Superman being hurt by way less than planetary strength level all the time. So what is the point in moving a planet once or twice if he will be hurt by less and struggle with less in the other 99% of the stories he appears in?.

PIS?Who know,we know superman how strong is because his feats not hypothesis,even karad kid beat SA superman,people still agree SA superman can easily move planets

That's because he REALLY did ONCE

And wonder woman never did ONCE,all her feats just poor lowlevels and even mary marvel(golden age) or supergirl(silage age) is much better than her

Of course,in the new 52,these female charater is much weaker than superman

linkjt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: Wonder Woman doesn't have low feats,she has done a lot of impressive things through her career and has always defeated Supergirl in all their fights.

There is no point in planet feats if they aren't consistent,Superman gets hurt by characters without panetary strength all the time so characters don't need to move a planet to be a match for him,Shazam,Wonder Woman,Maxima,Orion are still shown to be strong enough to hurt Superman and trade blows with him even without having a planetary strength feat in decades.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@linkjt said:

@powerwoman: Wonder Woman doesn't have low feats,she has done a lot of impressive things through her career and has always defeated Supergirl in all their fights.

There is no point in planet feats if they aren't consistent,Superman gets hurt by characters without panetary strength all the time so characters don't need to move a planet to be a match for him,Shazam,Wonder Woman,Maxima,Orion are still shown to be strong enough to hurt Superman and trade blows with him even without having a planetary strength feat in decades.

Supergirl?you mean when robot superman easily beat her (Who as strong as fast as wonder woman)and superman easily beat robot superman?Seriously?

Sure,just like karate kid even hurt superwoman,so?that not mean karate kid can sneeze destroy solar system,feats is feats,plot is plot

In plot,wonder woman could be part of superman in powerlevels(supergirl,powergirl,batman with PIS,flash,shazam,mr masjest,etc)

In feats,They are not comparable,No matter it's Pre-crisis,Pre-52,or New 52

how strong is wonder woman?

It is not the answer,You cant say she close to superman(Based on the feats) ,if she close to superman,she must can be do some like push planets,This is based on logic,which obviously ridiculous

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: quit trolling the WW forum ... Go get you SM fanboy fix over there.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

It's hard to tell in the new 52 since she has very few feats in her main book, she has however broken green light constructs, taken and given damaging hits to Zod/Faora, lifted a huge space ship (but she seemed to be struggling?), that's about it strength wise. Durability wise she survived a nuclear explosion, she took a punch from Doomsday that broke her arm. No speed feats that I remember.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's really,there no any scan can prove wonder woman can fight a Kryptonian,if you talking about "fight".karate kid is much better than wonder woman,who can beat SA superman

You mean except the one where she handled Zod and Faora with little difficulty, or the one where she flattened Supergirl, or that one where she kicked Superman through a car.

So, no, nothing at all like Karate Kid.

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BlueBeetle1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She hasnt maxed out so theres no way to tell what her limit is.

Nox_Arc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She's obviously one of the strongest heroes in the New 52. On Earth, right behind Superman, Manhunter and maybe even Shazam.

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nox_arc said:

She's obviously one of the strongest heroes in the New 52. On Earth, right behind Superman, Manhunter and maybe even Shazam.

And Captain Atom.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn said:

Well she obviously can fight Kryptonians, what remains to be seen is whether she can best them in battle. Wonder Woman gets a lot of these ambiguous feats where she kicks someone but doesn't conclusively defeat them.

Bested Supergirl and she could have killed Zod and Faora if she wanted to.

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bested Supergirl and she could have killed Zod and Faora if she wanted to.

Yeah but who hasn't beaten Supergirl you know. It's implicitly revealed that Zod and Faora were not in optimal shape in round 1 when Apollo told Strife that he sped up the process.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn: quite the opposite actually. Apollo is stating out right that they are in optimal shape because he sped up the process.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
    TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

she helped superman move a planet in the previous universe so she is pretty strong.

This.

- TAS

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By primebonnick

@foamborn: she put up a better fight against Nu Doomsday than anyother hero on earth too.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.