Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

How strong do you want Wonder Woman to be?

• 190 results
    PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Wonder Woman should be as strong as her powers imply, but now since her powers aren't based off of the gods and titans as definitively as they used to be it is way harder to gauge that now....being as strong as or around the same strength as Superman has always been her MO, they have always been comparable in the past and should still be in the same ball park at least now....luckily someone over in DC seems to think so since Diana kicked some kryptonian ass recently....but she still need some durability, speed, strength and skill feats if she is to reach what I believe is her potential ....

I hope so

Avatar image for wonderwomanfan8
    WonderWomanFan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman should be as strong as her powers imply, but now since her powers aren't based off of the gods and titans as definitively as they used to be it is way harder to gauge that now....being as strong as or around the same strength as Superman has always been her MO, they have always been comparable in the past and should still be in the same ball park at least now....luckily someone over in DC seems to think so since Diana kicked some kryptonian ass recently....but she still need some durability, speed, strength and skill feats if she is to reach what I believe is her potential ....

You make a good point. Diana sounds a LOT more powerful when she derived her power from 6 Olympian gods in addition to her Amazon training. Now in the n52, she only has strength from one god, and it's not really specific what kind of power she inherited from zeus, other than it being "berserker-rage like god-mode" when she takes her bracelets off. Oh, and throw in her amazon training topped off by training with war. So going off of that, on paper it seemingly makes Diana look much weaker than she was prior to this reboot, especially in her own title.

Apparently, Golden Age Wonder Woman (as well as other Amazons) were able to further increase their strength by channeling mental energy into their muscles, as it was part of their training. Also Diana seemed to possess an ability to control the electro-chemical reactions in her brain to assist in this process. Sounds like she had a mild form of telekinesis, as well as electro kinesis. I'd love to see those abilities make a comeback.

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman said:

But powergirl only have half strength in the post-crisis,and if be based on feats,supergirl is most powerful woman on dc it's based on the facts,however,you can think wonder woman is most powerful woman on dc based one statement,i'm belive supergirl it's most powerful woman based on feats and facts

But feats aren't factual Power Girl. Feats are the manifestation of the writer's will.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#154 frozen  Moderator

@powerwoman said:

Eh,supergirl push planets too

Pushing planets is 4 or 5 steps too far imo. Wonder Woman's never done that because her strength is not her trademark but since we know Power Girl is her equal, we can assess her strength through Power Girl's feats.

Only pre-crisis Supergirl displayed this level of strength, post-crisis wise she did not. Power-Girl would beat the post-crisis Supergirl due to her experience. However, I still believe Supergirl and Power-Girl's strength is far below Superman's upper limit. In Infinite Crisis, the GA Superman (who was at New Earth Superman levels in Infinite Crisis) one-shotted Giganata and saved Power-Girl

@frozen: I know that

But i really dont remember GA superman what feats could put him on the superman level,Also,Pre-crisis mary marvel as strong as Pre-crisis captain marvel and Pre-crisis supergirl as strong as Pre-crisis superman

In the Pre-crisis,wonder woman never close to superman in fight or feats

How about the fact that GA Superman fought SA Superman and basically stalemated him and matched him physically? Here are the scans from Justice League of America #74.

Pre-Crisis Mary Marvel SHOULD be at Captain Marvel's level but she was not. Pre-Crisis Supergirl was weaker than Pre-Crisis Superman, and Pre-Crisis Captain Marvel was equal to Pre-Crisis Superman in strength.

GA Wonder Woman has moved planets and stars. You are severely misinformed on pre-crisis power levels. Pre-Crisis Power-Girl was actually weaker than her Post-Crisis version.

No Caption Provided

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

#155  Edited By SaintWildcard

75-90% Superman's power. But a much better fighter.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By PowerWoman

@frozen said:

@archizoom said:

@powerwoman said:

Eh,supergirl push planets too

Pushing planets is 4 or 5 steps too far imo. Wonder Woman's never done that because her strength is not her trademark but since we know Power Girl is her equal, we can assess her strength through Power Girl's feats.

Only pre-crisis Supergirl displayed this level of strength, post-crisis wise she did not. Power-Girl would beat the post-crisis Supergirl due to her experience. However, I still believe Supergirl and Power-Girl's strength is far below Superman's upper limit. In Infinite Crisis, the GA Superman (who was at New Earth Superman levels in Infinite Crisis) one-shotted Giganata and saved Power-Girl

@powerwoman said:

@frozen: I know that

But i really dont remember GA superman what feats could put him on the superman level,Also,Pre-crisis mary marvel as strong as Pre-crisis captain marvel and Pre-crisis supergirl as strong as Pre-crisis superman

In the Pre-crisis,wonder woman never close to superman in fight or feats

How about the fact that GA Superman fought SA Superman and basically stalemated him and matched him physically? Here are the scans from Justice League of America #74.

Pre-Crisis Mary Marvel SHOULD be at Captain Marvel's level but she was not. Pre-Crisis Supergirl was weaker than Pre-Crisis Superman, and Pre-Crisis Captain Marvel was equal to Pre-Crisis Superman in strength.

GA Wonder Woman has moved planets and stars. You are severely misinformed on pre-crisis power levels. Pre-Crisis Power-Girl was actually weaker than her Post-Crisis version.

No Caption Provided

That not feats,just fight..

1,I never said Pre-crisis powergirl is strong, she isnt as strong as Earth 1 supergirl,but since post-crisis,powergirl only have half of strength,so,that why sometime she look like "weak",you dont know..?

2,This is Golden age wonder woman,it;s not a feat,check it,this is just cover,it's not actullay feat at all,just check it by youself,that was a lie in the comicvine for a long time ago,you dont know..?and PC wonder woman only moving a moon,she even weaker than Post-crisis wonder woman

3,Pc shazam=PC superman...but PC mary marvel as strong as PC shazam too

scan:

and again:

“But the marvels are evenly matched and they cannot harm each other"

Not only Pre-crisis mary marvel as strong as shazam,Captain marvel JR as strong as him too,in the Pre-crisis/golden age

And here,i give you some feas,easily moving planets,worlds,and stars,that put marvel family on the PC superman level,E2 superman have what feats could be put him on the E1 superman level?

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Not only strength,marvel family have absolute invulnerability,even each other have infinite strength,they are cant hurt each other a bit

Marvel family move stars one by one:

No Caption Provided

It's was galaxy.but too many planets and stars,so,they are not move them at once,but still Impressive,because each other move planets,stars

And pc supergirl as strong as Pc SUPERMAN too:

"Every muscle's straining pushing MYSELF to the LIMIT"

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

And PC supergirl feats:

1,throw planets with one hand and high speed into another orbit:

2,Builting a GIANT planet into a front of star,that completely covered it

3,Throw moon

4,Kick out moon like football

5,push planets into a red star:

That just a few feat,not all,like supergirl follow with superman can travel across the entire universe,or blow out huge rock across another galaxy,or supergirl anthoer version suprema,who lift our entire universe(silver age supergirl)

I dont know you really read pre-crisis comic book not just hear someone said?

The PC Kryptonian it's absolute invulnerability in the Silver age,since bronze age,PC kryptonians isnt absolute invulnerability(I know sometime even in the silver age,superman still can get hurt,like E2 superman ko him,but i dont count it,because E2 superman never as strong as E1 superman,he 0 feat)And in the Silver age,any kryptonians as strong as superman

here:

Even female kryptonian as strong as male kryptonians too

Throughout much, if not most, of the Silver Age (i.e. the 1960s) Kryptonians were accorded the same strength levels one to another.

You'll find an exception or two, but they generally did NOT take into account gender or even size differences.

Since Bronze age(more cleary,it's from silver age later),a male kryptonian would be stronger than a female kryptonian and superman is stronger than any other kryptonians

Before,it's not,also,bronze age superman is much weaker than silver age superman

No Caption Provided

And this is bronze age data

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Supergirl strength=48,Superboy strength= 47

And Superman strength= 50

This is change,though even it's change,superman and supergirl strength still close it

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In a way it makes sense that Superman is stronger to Wonder Woman. His strength is tied to the sun and her's is tied to the earth. Personally I think Wonder Woman should be faster then Superman though. That isn't supported by the feats or history though I just think it makes more sense. His speed is a byproduct of his strength where as she get's her speed from the god of going really really fast so to me that says she should be faster. Although since Flash get his speed from an entire plan of existence dedicated to going really really fast it makes sense that that would trump Hermes.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dont count fight because Writer always use PIS,however,We usually distinguish "Golden age" superman and Silver age superman it's be based on different powerlevels,Golden age superman=weak superman,Silver age superman=crazy powerlevels superman,that was whole points,Under normal circumstances GA superman isnt close to E1 superman just like E2 powergirl never as strong as E1 supergirl

But I admit that this is confusing,like GA superman fight PC shazam or PC powergirl fight with E1 superman,This is why we don't count different charater fight feats,Because they are not consistent

Try think about batman beat wonder w oman or superman lose Karate kid,they are just ridiculous,it's just PIS,we cant count it

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By frozen  Moderator

I dont count fight because Writer always use PIS,however,We usually distinguish "Golden age" superman and Silver age superman it's be based on different powerlevels,Golden age superman=weak superman,Silver age superman=crazy powerlevels superman,that was whole points,Under normal circumstances GA superman isnt close to E1 superman just like E2 powergirl never as strong as E1 supergirl

But I admit that this is confusing,like GA superman fight PC shazam or PC powergirl fight with E1 superman,This is why we don't count different charater fight feats,Because they are not consistent

Try think about batman beat wonder w oman or superman lose Karate kid,they are just ridiculous,it's just PIS,we cant count it

Did you just ignore my entire post?

I posted a fight between the GA Superman and the SA Superman where they stalemate to a physical standpoint. The fight IS in character, please read GA Superman comics.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By PowerWoman

@frozen said:

@powerwoman said:

Did you just ignore my entire post?

I posted a fight between the GA Superman and the SA Superman where they stalemate to a physical standpoint. The fight IS in character, please read GA Superman comics.

I dont ignore scan,i said i read it before you post them because i'm read a lot of pre-crisis comic book

I'm just dont count it for some reason

myerlanski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By myerlanski

I want wonder woman to be as strong as superman. She has strength of a god. Especially if she is in earths atmosphere.

Plus, I liked that they have some type of Earthling that can put up a stalmate match, strengthwise, with the aliens. Everybody seems to be able to slap the earthlings. Even the gods of earth. Which is weird to me because the gods are cosmic which transcend pass reality and the laws physics. I would guess anyway. Wonder woman on earth should be, if not capable of being the most strongest being. Like Superman gets stronger with more exposure to the yellow sun.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 frozen  Moderator

@powerwoman: You can't discredit the feat because you don't like it. GA Superman stalemated SA Superman. SA Superman did not hold back and even said that Kal L was as strong as him.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By PowerWoman

@frozen: But as the same time PC superman have many PIS,PC shazam as strong as him not because they are fight each other,it;s because PC shazam have feats,if you go to battle thread,that was only way to prove a charater how powerful,not just fight

And SA superman should be absolute invulnerability,untill silver age later/bronze age,even E2 superman is million time stronger than him,superman cant get hurt a bit

However,I can only say that it is very confused,E2 superman also as strong as Post-crisis superman too,in the Infinite crisis

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 frozen  Moderator

@frozen: But as the same time PC superman have many PIS,PC shazam as strong as him not because they are fight each other,it;s because PC shazam have feats,if you go to battle thread,that was only way to prove a charater how powerful,not just fight

And SA superman should be absolute invulnerability,untill silver age later/bronze age,even E2 superman is million time stronger than him,superman cant get hurt a bit

However,I can only say that it is very confused,E2 superman also as strong as Post-crisis superman too,in the Infinite crisis

GA Superman also had PIS feats. He became Silver-Age by 1942.

The Infinite Crisis fight was for the plot. Kal L was nerfed.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The golden age superman isnt have obvious end when silver age coming,I'm talking a lot of people,we really dont know what time golden age superman become silver age superman

But most people belive GA superman=weak,Sa Superman=crazy powerful

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TOAA/the presence lvl

ClarkKent12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On par with Shazam, weaker than Supes when he unleashes his true power.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f08ae8f4ed63
    deactivated-5f08ae8f4ed63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Physical Strength: Planetary

Striking Strength: Moon

Avatar image for masterwitcher88
    masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By masterwitcher88

Raw Strength: planetary (above earth)

Striking Strength: multi planetary

Avatar image for deactivated-5f08ae8f4ed63
    deactivated-5f08ae8f4ed63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterwitcher88 said:

By Multi-Planetary you mean, worlds shattering around and not a busting attack, right?

Avatar image for masterwitcher88
    masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterwitcher88 said:

By Multi-Planetary you mean, worlds shattering around and not a busting attack, right?

Yes, I also mean she can bust planets the size of, if not slightly larger, then earth.

tethadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

80% of Superman

Kevinffinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just want each member of the Justice league to be equally (atleast nearly) useful/ valuable to the Team

Therefore I believe Diana should be close to Supes in terms of stats but not as/ more powerful than him. Her skill should also be nearly on par with Batman (she could be equally or a little more skilled). This combination of skill and power should allow her to defeat any leaguer (thus making her the best fighter/ most likely to win in a fight).

Superman - Most powerful

Batman - Best Strategist

Cyborg - Tech specialist

Green Lantern - Best energy manipulator

Aquaman - Marine expert (the world is over 70% water btw)

Flash - Greatest Speedster

Wonder Woman - Most capable fighter

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#175  Edited By dshipp17

Between the likes of Wolverine and Spider-Man and her already current Marvel counterpart, Captain Marvel/90s Rogue.

MorbusGrav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same power level as Superman, but through different means. While Superman should get back to his higher end post crisis power level.

MorbusGrav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luke Cage level

@dshipp17 said:

Between the likes of Wolverine and Spider-Man and her already current Marvel counterpart, Captain Marvel/90s Rogue.

At that point should DC lose all rights on Wonder Woman and anything with her related, the white suit Wonder Woman still stands as a monument for how to destroy a comicbook character.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By dshipp17

@morbusgrav said:
    @kinglouie said:

Luke Cage level

@dshipp17 said:

At that point should DC lose all rights on Wonder Woman and anything with her related, the white suit Wonder Woman still stands as a monument for how to destroy a comicbook character.

Yes, but for just the opposite reasons, in that Wonder Woman currently doesn't resemble her original, counterpart version; Wonder Woman was not meant to be an amazon warrior overpowered Superman clone (e.g. Xena-lite); that can change, however, if this new event results in DC getting its act together; this statement is based on her actual portrayal by Marston, not by a statement that Marston might have said somewhere. Start building consistency and using Wonder Woman's own rogues gallery, with Dr. Psycho finally in place as her Joker or Luthor.

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
    The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

stronger

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:
    @dshipp17 said:
    @morbusgrav said:
    @kinglouie said:

Luke Cage level

@dshipp17 said:

Yes, but for just the opposite reasons, in that Wonder Woman currently doesn't resemble her original, counterpart version; Wonder Woman was not meant to be an amazon warrior overpowered Superman clone (e.g. Xena-lite); that can change, however, if this new event results in DC getting its act together; this statement is based on her actual portrayal by Marston, not by a statement that Marston might have said somewhere. Start building consistency and using Wonder Woman's own rogues gallery, with Dr. Psycho finally in place as her Joker or Luthor.

In the words of her own creator. Being as strong as Superman was part of the concept. And even if we leave Superman out of the conversation. Marston run had Wonder Woman performing feats way out of wolverine and carol danvers league. So i don't know where you are getting this idea that she was between street to mid tier level. Because she was clearly well above, that based on the feats she performed under Marston's hands.

That would be the modernized version of Marton's Wonder Woman; Wolverine and Carol Danvers came into existence when comics started to get more realistic about how they portrayed feats; but, again, neither Wonder Woman, Carol, or Wolverine are characters revolved around feats, at least pre-52, in the case of Wonder Woman; you've been repeatedly told that Wonder Woman stories aren't designed to display feats; that just your idea of what a Wonder Woman comic should involve.

Kymilia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want her to be the second most powerful justice league member.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A refreshing look back at the good times. I'm going to look into how Wonder Woman is doing under Patty. As there's been no mention, that's likely a good sign to start reviewing Wonder Woman again, but, still busy; I'm having one of those rushes, after successfully completing an submitting my latest court pleading, but, I still got a long climb to get to where I want and need to be; this is the time where I have to fight this recent problem and get caught up.

GWHH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

almost equal to Superman. But stronger than supergirl.

Antebellum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#186  Edited By Antebellum

^^ This. I would put her at the second strongest member. SHE IS A GODDESS IN MY FANFIC, INSTEAD OF DEMIGODDESS.

I wanted her to be a ''Venus buster'', while Superman would be an ''Earth buster''. But they would be equal in speed, while she would be drastically more skilled than him and etc..

In the end I wanted both equal in terms of how a fight would go 50/50, with both having fear and respect for each other and having a lot of draws over history, sadly writers have pumped superman too much recently while putting her down.

Antebellum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I don't think there's something wrong with saying she is a Mid Tier, that is just a term. Tiers are arbitrary, I love Wondy and her character background.

DemarG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe a little bit weaker than superman.

Avatar image for deactivated-644c7202b7524
    deactivated-644c7202b7524

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stronger than Jobber Superman, but weaker than No-Jobber Superman.

Avatar image for supermanwin1875
    supermanwin1875

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bulletproof level.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.