Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8804 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

How powerful is Diana (new 52) after bracelet is removed?

• 84 results
    dark_anakin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dark_anakin

Is she the strongest being on earth?

SNascimento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By SNascimento

We can't know. We've seen her without in two occasions, against Artemis in which she defeated her without effort (later Artemis blamed the fact she wasn't expecting it) and against the First Born, which she lost. But I believe that in the latter, it was not because of power, it was because she knew she was doing the wrong thing, hen she hesitated. And that leads me to believe that Wondie might not be really more powerful without the bracelets. It's more complicated than that.

But she can go toe-to-toe with the FB, who defeated Orion. So as power level goes, she's pretty powerful.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dark_anakin: superman is most strongest being on earth,much stronger than other combination,who easily bench earth weight five days

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

@dark_anakin: superman is most strongest being on earth,much stronger than other combination,who easily bench earth weight five days

And he's spent most of the New 52 getting smacked around by everyone that's gotten in his way.

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PowerWoman
    gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85:being defeated by darksied and powerful kriptonians isn't a low showing for superman and it's not like if wonder woman hasn't been defeated,it's just that she almost never fights,except the fight with first born,apollo,hermes,artemis and super girl,for the last 2 years most of her fights have been against cannon fodder or street level characters,except the fight with first born,apollo,hermes,artemis and super girl,and 4 of those characters are almost featless.

it's hard to know where does she stand as a powerhouse in the new 52,and her story about the baby keeps going in circles,there is no explanation for the amazons,for wonder woman's goals,what are her goals?,how she feels?,how she interacts with other characters.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: lol aint that the truth

no it ain't,defeated by darksied,powerful kryptonians and aliens,those aren't low showings for superman,and wonder woman herself has a bad track record in the new 52 so far.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Outside_85

@gokuwarrior: Your argument fails with your usual logic that the likes of Darkseid are also featless outside of punching Superman in the face. Which is the same arguement you pull out when Artemis is mentioned; "She's featless."

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By gokuwarrior

@outside_85:darksied has always been a superman thread and his best feats are always battle feats against superman,wonder woman has no impressive feats and fights other characters with no impressive feats.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Outside_85

@gokuwarrior: Then tell me, whats Darkseid's feat in the New 52? Knocking the League over? Whopping Jordans ass? Or stabbing some nameless giants with a toothpick?

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: yeah that still doesnt mean anything after all the multiverse of superman have different power level so for all we know darksied could have fought weaker version of superman

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85:darksied deafing superman and other members of the JL is a feat on itself because of superman,aquaman and GL own feats,wonder woman doesn't have too much feats to know where she stands as a powerhouse and most of the people she has fought have almost 0 feats.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PowerWoman

@darknightspideyfanboy: So?that was superman,there no scan can prove them was weaker than earth-prime superman,and that much better than wonder woman

darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

@powerwoman: pre 52 stuff new 52 stufff also go read batman/superman where earth 2 superman was smacking around earth prime

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By PowerWoman

@gokuwarrior: Superman easily beat supergirl,who as strong as wonder woman,lol

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman:yes i mean that supergirl fight was good because wonder woman defeated her easily with the bracelets on.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior: Is because wonderwoman has more skills..not stronger or faster..and then superman beat supergirl in raw strength and speed...so...

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By PowerWoman
    Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85:darksied deafing superman and other members of the JL is a feat on itself because of superman,aquaman and GL own feats,wonder woman doesn't have too much feats to know where she stands as a powerhouse and most of the people she has fought have almost 0 feats.

Darkseid didn't 'deafing' Superman, he boomtubed him to Apokalips and he didnt beat the League, he just knocked them over then wandered off. Try again, what are Darkseid's feats.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior said:

Darkseid didn't 'deafing' Superman, he boomtubed him to Apokalips and he didnt beat the League, he just knocked them over then wandered off. Try again, what are Darkseid's feats.

darksied being a thread to superman and the JL is a feat in itself,very accurate because darksied has always been a thread for all of them,on the other hand,what thread could artemis,or the first born be?,only wonder woman struggled with them and they aren't relevant outside her title,they haven't done anything on her title besides fighting her and they haven't done anything outside her title,so i just want you to stop using artemis and the first born as proof that wonder woman is powerful and please stop saying that new 52 wonder woman is more powerful than superman because she doesn't even have feats to put her close to him let alone on the same level or above,i'm a huge wonder woman fan but i'm being realistic.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior: So Darkseid fighting the League is a feat because he is Darkseid and not because of anything he's actually done? But the First Born fighting Diana and Orion isn't a feat because he's a nobody to you? Do you have any more tattered logic you want to throw at me?

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85:darksied has always been a thread to superman,he almost never get lifting feats,and yet everybody knows he is a superman level thread because of his battle feats,the first born has 0 feats,and fighting a featless diana and a featless orion doesn't make him a superman thread,you know that new 52 wonder woman loses most of her fights on the battle thread because she has 0 feats to support her against most top tiers,so i don't understand how can you say that new 52 diana would own superman.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior: Excuse me, but when have I ever said WW would own Superman? And again; what are Darkseids feats?

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior: Excuse me, but when have I ever said WW would own Superman? And again; what are Darkseids feats?

i saw you saying that months ago,i think you know deep inside that if you had to support new 52 wonder woman in the battle thread you wouldn't have enough feats to support her in most of the fights,and i think that wanting to see more action from one of DC's top tier characters is not a bad thing,and i think that as a fan,it's logical that i want to know where she stands as a powerhouse,it's logical that fans want to know the capabilities of the characters they like.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: New 52 Darkesids only has a few action,Wonder woman has most action comics,they are isnt same thing,if Darkesids has a lot of action I'm sure he would be has some high level feats,as for wonder woman?there over 2 years,no any feats

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior: Yeah,most of fans 100% agree my point,but there some people hate it,lol

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: If Darkseid had as much face time, he would have had his own ongoing. And if he had his own ongoing, he would constantly have been facing things that would prove more than challenging for him to overcome, because that's how most comics work. Other than that, you are just guessing that the outcome of such a thing would actually support your argument, while Darkseid has always been more of a thinker than a brawler.

@gokuwarrior: I would prefer you link it or quote it, because I have no memory of it. As for supporting her in battle-treads, depends on who she is fighting.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: Yeah,I dont know it would be happey what,but I know he would be better than wonder woman

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85:the problem with azzarello is that he is unable to introduce good feats into the story,I want a good story too,but again,in a comic book with one of the biggest alpha heroes of the DCU, there should be some room for feats woven *into* a good story,for example London is being destroyed,that's prime material for some good strength feats,Gotta battle the goddess of the moon in the middle of a city? Plenty of things to catch/throw/knock down,Gotta deal with the god of speed? That's just begging for some speed feats,so no need to change the story to integrate superheroics in there somewhere.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Outside_85

@gokuwarrior: I am in the other camp, as you know, just because Diana can lift mountains and move at supersonic speeds doesn't mean she has to. Especially not when she is in a place where doing so will kill hundreds if not thousands of bystanders. Plus I am also weary of the usual 'pissing-contest' comics let themselves get wheeled into where everything is about topping the last big feat. Superman's first action under Lobdell was the planet-benching stunt, then he got repeatedly floored by H'El, so when is he going to pull off something to top that? It's just a coil with no end and I have stopped being impressed by it.

Added, you really aren't making it easier for yourself when you repeatedly dismiss the Olympian Gods as noteworthy adversaries... which is peculiar since you buy into Darkseid on the spot even if he's done less than Artemis in the New 52. While it might be posturing on their behalf, we don't have anything else to go on, so perhaps it would be better if we take their claims as facts; like Hermes is the fastest there is, and the First Born has literally demolished mountains with his blows.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By gokuwarrior

@gokuwarrior: I am in the other camp, as you know, just because Diana can lift mountains and move at supersonic speeds doesn't mean she has to. Especially not when she is in a place where doing so will kill hundreds if not thousands of bystanders. Plus I am also weary of the usual 'pissing-contest' comics let themselves get wheeled into where everything is about topping the last big feat. Superman's first action under Lobdell was the planet-benching stunt, then he got repeatedly floored by H'El, so when is he going to pull off something to top that? It's just a coil with no end and I have stopped being impressed by it.

Added, you really aren't making it easier for yourself when you repeatedly dismiss the Olympian Gods as noteworthy adversaries... which is peculiar since you buy into Darkseid on the spot even if he's done less than Artemis in the New 52. While it might be posturing on their behalf, we don't have anything else to go on, so perhaps it would be better if we take their claims as facts; like Hermes is the fastest there is, and the First Born has literally demolished mountains with his blows.

supersonic speed?,diana used to bes faster than half the speed of light,and yes she has to lift big things and move fast because those are her powers,why the hell would she have powers if never used them?,get real,she has powers for something,what you say is she has powers but it's better if she doesn't use them?,well then make her an street level but that is tiotally out of what her character is meant to be.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior: They are her powers, there is just no point in using them when not needed and especially not when doing so will cause far more damage than necessary to ordinary humans and buildings, which are the ones Diana is fighting to keep safe.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85:that is a contradiction,she can't protect anyone if she is not willing to use her powers,if her opponens destroys a building in the middle of a fight she could catch it,if her opponent aims at people she could use her super speed to save them,there are a lot of circunstances where you can integrate good ferats into the story.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior: Provide a reason for why the First Born would destroy a building.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By gokuwarrior

@gokuwarrior: Provide a reason for why the First Born would destroy a building.

because in the middle of a fight it can happen,that and many other things,and creating the right situations for right feats according to the story is the work of any writter.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dont know why talking about this,just check my line,most of ww fans agree my point,that was important

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior: It is the choice of the writer if he wants that in his story or not. Like Metropolis and Smallville got demolished in Man of Steel because Snyder wanted them to, but Metropolis wasn't sunk in Superman Returns because that's not what Singer wanted. You are right that Azzarello could have the First Born smash a building, but he chose not to because there was no point in doing so. (Though he did have that empty one on the pier).

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior: It is the choice of the writer if he wants that in his story or not. Like Metropolis and Smallville got demolished in Man of Steel because Snyder wanted them to, but Metropolis wasn't sunk in Superman Returns because that's not what Singer wanted. You are right that Azzarello could have the First Born smash a building, but he chose not to because there was no point in doing so. (Though he did have that empty one on the pier).

there is a point in first born smashing a bulding,the point bis wonder woman is A SUPER HERO,so she has to do some SUPER stuff every now and then,he is writting a SUPER HERO book,so he has to introduce some feats into the story,and 2 years are more than enough time to do some good feats,so let's try to let the sentence "there is no pint" rest for a moment.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior: Again, Azzarello has stated he is writing the book as a HORROR book and he has been doing that for the past 2 years now.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: The important it was most of ww fans agree my point,ok?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Outside_85

@powerwoman: Most WW fans dont go to CBR's WW boards, theres about 20 or of us thats regular visitors/posters. And I dont really know what you are talking about because I haven't bothered to read that particular topic.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

And again; what are Darkseids feats?

He destroyed several planets in his Villains Month one-shot, and that took place (chronologically speaking) before he fought the League.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizenbane: Thank you, any chance of scans showing this?

@powerwoman: A) I never said CV had more. B) I don't care if other people agree with you in threads I am not following (since I don't know what they are agreeing with you on).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.