Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

How powerful is Current Wonder Woman?

• 193 results
    Comicuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@jayc1324 said:

@comicuser: So we assume she is weaker. Until she lifts somethingsomething as heavy, she's weaker. Just because she hasn't tried to lift something extremely heavy yet doesn't mean she can. We can't assume so unless she does it.

Perhaps she hasn't lifted anything super heavy yet is because she can't. She's not on the planetary level of strength like superman so far.

You can if you want. Normal people wont though. Until she fails to lift something pre 52 wonder woman lifted, THEN and only then would she be weaker. Till then its unknown...Obviously.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicuser: That's not how it works on comic vine. You have to prove you can lift something, we don't assume it. You saying she is just as strong is false because you have no feats to back it up. You can't give me one feat to prove she's as strong. For example, I've never tried to lift 1000 pounds before. By your logic, we can assume that I actually can lift that much, until I try and fail to do so. Ask anyone else on here who's been here for a while. She has to actually have feats on her level to be considered as strong, and she clearly isn't seeing as how she was easily beaten by Darkseid and first born

Comicuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@comicuser: That's not how it works on comic vine. You have to prove you can lift something, we don't assume it. You saying she is just as strong is false because you have no feats to back it up. You can't give me one feat to prove she's as strong. For example, I've never tried to lift 1000 pounds before. By your logic, we can assume that I actually can lift that much, until I try and fail to do so. Ask anyone else on here who's been here for a while. She has to actually have feats on her level to be considered as strong, and she clearly isn't seeing as how she was easily beaten by Darkseid and first born

haha, dont be silly. You say that you dont assume she can lift something but then you turn right around and do the hypocritical thing by assuming she cant. LMAO my head literally (figuratively...obviously) explodes sometimes when i read nonsense like this on this site. LMAO

I didnt say shes just as strong. Read better.

I said its unknown. YOU said she was weaker, and you cant prove it. Its impossible. Cause we dont know cause she hasnt attempted to lift or pull a planet like pre 52 diana. YOU are doing the silly/ridiculous thing by assuming.

pre 52 diana would have lost against darkseid too. what are you even talking about? do you even read comics bro?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicuser: I can prove she's weaker because she hasn't done anything on her level. Until she does, she is weaker. That's how it works on comic vine. As of right now, her strength level is based on the biggest thing she lifted, which is nowhere near as close as what the old Diana did.

Pre new 52 Diana would have done better against Darkseid.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@comicuser: I can prove she's weaker because she hasn't done anything on her level. Until she does, she is weaker. That's how it works on comic vine. As of right now, her strength level is based on the biggest thing she lifted, which is nowhere near as close as what the old Diana did.

Well, I declare that it is no longer "how it works on comic vine" ... what does that even mean? All you are saying is your opinion is now somehow a "rule" for the entire website ... you are trying to prove a case with a LACK of evidence ... that's like trying to prove murder without a body.

Comicuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

hhahhahhahhaha WTF???? "I can prove shes weaker because she hasnt tried anything on her level" LMAO. Where are you from??? Where they do that at?

We dont know the extent of her strength. Thats the fact. Nothing else you say matters. and this will be the last time i address that ridiculousness.

Comicuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:

@jayc1324 said:

Well, I declare that it is no longer "how it works on comic vine" ... what does that even mean? All you are saying is your opinion is now somehow a "rule" for the entire website ... you are trying to prove a case with a LACK of evidence ... that's like trying to prove murder without a body.

lol thats the craziest thing ive read today. lol cmon jayc1324 youre better than that

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicuser: @csg_cl: go on the battle forums and try to prove she's just as strong. People will argue against you because its not just my rule, that's actually how it works on the battle forums. Unless you prove you're as strong as someone, you're assumed to be weaker. Ask any good debator. Her strength level is not unknown. Her strength level is equal to the heaviest thing she has lifted up to this point. And as of now, that is lower than pre new 52 Diana. New 52 Diana also has worse durability and speed feats.

Comicuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Comicuser

@jayc1324 said:

@comicuser: @csg_cl: go on the battle forums and try to prove she's just as strong. People will argue against you because its not just my rule, that's actually how it works on the battle forums. Unless you prove you're as strong as someone, you're assumed to be weaker. Ask any good debator. Her strength level is not unknown. Her strength level is equal to the heaviest thing she has lifted up to this point. And as of now, that is lower than pre new 52 Diana. New 52 Diana also has worse durability and speed feats.

WHY TF WOULD I TRY TO PROVE SHES STRONGER? HAVE YOU NOT BEEN PAYING ATTENTION?? WE DONT KNOW THE EXTENT OF HER POWERS! JESUS CHRIST!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicuser: we do know the extent of her powers. They go as far as we have seen them go so far. Which is lower than her previous version.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: I refuse to engage on the battle forums ... Bunch of feat monkeys who can't see anything in a comic beyond an action sequence. Fanboyism doesn't even describe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: I understand that. Its all about feats in those forums.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: which is an overly simple way of judging any characters abilities. Not to mention logically flawed because the same individuals who claim feats define limits also disregard every feat that doesn't fit into their already chosen world view by claiming PIS anytime something happens that would alter their opinion.

Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually, she is very powerful considering that she's a god.

Klaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She beat Mongul, she is definitely powerful.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

100% right

People think Spider man not as strong as superman or hulk,why?

Even sometime spider man beat thor or hulk?

Because no feat

Comicuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol some people....

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol

Because ww no feats,so we must belive she can sneeze destroy multiverse

right?

WW fans logic

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When people want to know how powerful is your charater

feats is only way to prove that

Not only battle thread,everywhere,even your children ask :How strong is superman?

Most people would be say:he was most powerful being on the earth,he can FTL,he can push planets,etc

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By ZhuRong

@powerwoman: How come you never brought up the fact that Pre-Crisis Wonder Woman was able to toss a planet using her lasso?

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:

@jayc1324 said:

The same thing can be said about Pre 52 Diana during the first years of Poast Crisis, In fact based on feats Current New 52 Diana could take Diana from the first 3 years of Post Crisis. I don't know why some people expect her to be doing out off the charts things so eraly in a reboot. Clark and Diana took many years to finally get their most imppresive feats during Post Crisis.

I think the issue is more that there are character like Superman and The Flash where they really didn't hesitate at all to give ridiculous feat to right off the bat in the reboot.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zhurong said:

@powerwoman: How come you never brought up the fact that Pre-Crisis Wonder Woman was able to toss a planet using her lasso?

Not planet,It was a bomb,though panel said"bomb planet",but not as big as earth

Pre-crisis wonder woman only move moon

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By ZhuRong

@powerwoman: How was it a bomb? It was clearly a planet in outerspace.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By PowerWoman

@zhurong said:

@powerwoman: How was it a bomb? It was clearly a planet in outerspace.

Did you read that comic?

It's even not bigger than a city....

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not planet,but planetoid

Though Pre-crisis wonder woman move moon that better than golden age superman

But nothing to do with silver age superman or Pre-52 wonder woman(push 1/3 of the earth is wonder woman most Impressive feats,but wonder woman never push planets by herself)

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Even without gym-feats of lifting heavy objects (which proves nothing really) Diana has been depicted as taking on a slew of people as powerful if not more so than Superman on an equal footing to him, people like:

• Mongul (a fight apparently so boring it wasn't worth depicting outside of the result)
    • Zod and Faora (at the same time)
    • Superdoom
    • Doomsday
    • Supergirl
    • Darkseid
    • Along with a bunch of gods from her own book.
    Bats_Colony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unnecessarily so.

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: I think the bigger issue is the fact that the New 52 been out since 2011 and it is almost 2015 yet the progress is as slow as a turtle. Superman is only a few steps away from being on par with his Pre-Crisis incarnation. Wonder Woman keep getting upgrade after upgrade but writers still refuse to utilize her the right way. People already trying to put Aquaman above her which is beyond me. She have had great fights so far but that won't change the lowballing she recieve on here.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zhurong said:

@agent41: I think the bigger issue is the fact that the New 52 been out since 2011 and it is almost 2015 yet the progress is as slow as a turtle. Superman is only a few steps away from being on par with his Pre-Crisis incarnation. Wonder Woman keep getting upgrade after upgrade but writers still refuse to utilize her the right way. People already trying to put Aquaman above her which is beyond me. She have had great fights so far but that won't change the lowballing she recieve on here.

Yeah,face the facts,good

MPfly88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By MPfly88

@outside_85 said:

Even without gym-feats of lifting heavy objects (which proves nothing really) Diana has been depicted as taking on a slew of people as powerful if not more so than Superman on an equal footing to him, people like:

• Mongul (a fight apparently so boring it wasn't worth depicting outside of the result)
    • Zod and Faora (at the same time)
    • Superdoom
    • Doomsday
    • Supergirl
    • Darkseid
    • Along with a bunch of gods from her own book.

Ok no, Wonder Woman is NOT equal to the likes of Doomsday, Superdoom and Darkseid.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

@mpfly88: Read the last part of the opening paragraph again; "on an equal footing to him", 'him' referring to Superman, not Doomsday.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How powerful is wonder woman?

Based on the fans opinion,she as same as superman level

But based on the feats?No comparative at all

She would be lose to hulk,thor,superman,herc,Any male heavyweight

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How powerful is wonder woman?

Based on the fans opinion,she as same as superman level

But based on the feats?No comparative at all

She would be lose to hulk,thor,superman,herc,Any male heavyweight

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor would easily mudhole stomp her at fullpower, same with Superman at full strength and no mental blocks. SHe may have formidable skills, but she won't last a second with more endurance based monsters like the former. It's argueable that Hulk especially Worldbreaker could beat her.

MPfly88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unless Thor decides to godblast her and destroy everything around them, he's not beating Wonder Woman.

As for the Hulk, the only surefire way she's gonna beat him is if she gets his lasso around him, and makes the Hulk realize the cause for all his anger and rage was his abusive father and that getting angry about it won't change his abused past, which would likely revert him back to Bruce. But in a straight up melee battle, Hulk would eventually overwhelm her.

MPfly88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:

@mpfly88 said:

Unless Thor decides to godblast her and destroy everything around them, he's not beating Wonder Woman.

As for the Hulk, the only surefire way she's gonna beat him is if she gets his lasso around him, and makes the Hulk realize the cause for all his anger and rage was his abusive father and that getting angry about it won't change his abused past, which would likely revert him back to Bruce. But in a straight up melee battle, Hulk would eventually overwhelm her.

Hulk can't really tag her if she doesn't want to. But why some of you how to bring other characters into this?.

That's not true, he can tag her, she's not immune to being tagged by slower opponents. It has happened before on many many many occasions throughout the past 60+ years. She's not a perfect fighter.

kidstandout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ugh...feat-nerds

MPfly88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By MPfly88

@agent41 said:

@mpfly88: She is not tagged by slow characters consistently. Only context can help,when she is holding back,weakened,distracted or sikply bad writin,those can be the reasons. Otherwise she is consistently too fsst for slower characters than her to tag.

She gets tagged pretty often. She has to, or people would stop reading her comics cause she'd be a boring character. She's not a perfect fighter. Not to mention Hulk is faster than people give credit for. She'd give Hulk a good fight at first, but Hulk constantly missing all his swings at her would get him more and more pissed off, and his durability is insane so he could tank her punches long enough as his strength continues to grow. The longer the fight goes, the harder it becomes to put down The Hulk. It could potentially take just one hit from the Hulk to throw Wonder Woman off her game, even by a little bit. If he absolutely cannot hit her, he has other methods to knock her off her balance. If we're talking about a Bloodlusted Wonder Woman who goes in for the kill the second the fight starts, then yeah she's got a good chance here, but in any normal scenario where the fight hand to hand, Hulk would eventually overwhelm her I'm sorry.

But in most situations she would probably try to use her lasso on him, so it's all good.

Klaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: Wonder Woman beat Mongul, someone who is in Supermans strength class.

Klaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mpfly88: The reason characters like Wonder Woman and Superman get tagged is because of the plot, and they dont use their speed. However according to comic vine rules, when two characters are fighting each other, they are doing so to the best of their ability. therefore on comic vine, WW is using her speed always.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@klaus said:

@powerwoman: Wonder Woman beat Mongul, someone who is in Supermans strength class.

Wrong.....New 52 mongul NOT even close to superman in strength...

Only mr masjest was close to superman level

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By CSG_CL

@klaus said:

Wrong.....New 52 mongul NOT even close to superman in strength...

Only mr masjest was close to superman level

Not according to Clark ... he seems to think Mongul is too much for any of them to face alone ... and that Mongul is as strong as Darkseid

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.