How muscular should she be?

#151 Edited by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Wonder Woman to be very very muscular below the belt.

#152 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer her to be very muscular but less developed and smaller overall than Big Barda, and more of an emphasis on her athleticism. Beauty is one of her traits, and I prefer it to be in the Great Goddess archetype, with shapely hips, lovely cheeks and muscles that pop when she flexes, but blend in naturally with her figure when she is at rest whereas a more developed bodybuilder's muscles are always bulging. She should look like a lioness who reclaims the idea that beauty and strength can coexist in one form.

that is a perfect rant for describing Wonder Woman

#153 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Wonder Woman to be very very muscular below the belt.

what specific below-the-belt parts?

#154 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

If Wonder Woman wants to avoid spreading gas from the bacteria in her colon, Wonder Woman needs to have very very strong rectal muscles to keep the gas inside.

#155 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

If Wonder Woman wants to avoid spreading gas from the bacteria in her colon, Wonder Woman needs to have very very strong rectal muscles to keep the gas inside.

oh yeah, I guess that makes sense

you wouldn't happen to be considering other uses for those muscles, would you?

#156 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

@gwhh said:

I know this girl. She only 5 4 in height!

@nerx said:
as buff as she is curvy

good for you bro/sis

#157 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

? LOL? You're too much! =D

#158 Posted by RazzaTazz (9353 posts) - - Show Bio

Women generally don't have a lot of large muscles as we lack testoterone

#159 Posted by drgnx (3517 posts) - - Show Bio
Erin Stern

?

#160 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

@razzatazz: so what level of tone would you think appropriate for Wonder Woman?

#161 Posted by RazzaTazz (9353 posts) - - Show Bio

@betatesthighlander1: Women generally don't have a lot of muscle because we don't have as much testosterone in our system. That being said a muscular woman appears to be toned, not bulky. I don't see why Diana would be different.

#162 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio
#163 Posted by RazzaTazz (9353 posts) - - Show Bio
#164 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio
#165 Posted by RazzaTazz (9353 posts) - - Show Bio
#166 Posted by drgnx (3517 posts) - - Show Bio

@razzatazz:

I think she would need to do some curls and arm extensions to tone a bit, but the legs seem ok if you want the modest look!

#167 Edited by PowerWoman (3257 posts) - - Show Bio
#168 Posted by RazzaTazz (9353 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: @drgnx: It is ok if it is your opinion that you want to see a muscular Wonder Woman, I am just saying it is not very accurate physiologically. The above dancer (Kathryn McCormick) is in exceptional shape and is quite strong. For instance check out the athletics she can perform in this video

#169 Posted by TheAcidSkull (15990 posts) - - Show Bio

fit, but not to buff

#170 Posted by PowerWoman (3257 posts) - - Show Bio

@razzatazz: not too much muscle,but yes,wonder woman should be have muscle,a woman can do amazing strength feats,she should be looks like very strong

#171 Edited by RazzaTazz (9353 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: But you are putting what strong men look like, on Wonder Woman, when instead it should be what a strong woman looks like

#172 Posted by PowerWoman (3257 posts) - - Show Bio

@razzatazz: strong woman still should be has muscle,i dont know what is your problem

#173 Edited by RazzaTazz (9353 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: Muscle on women looks lean, not bulky.

I don't have a problem, just explaining what women's muscles looks like.

#174 Posted by PowerWoman (3257 posts) - - Show Bio
#175 Posted by RazzaTazz (9353 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: Those are bodybuilders, whose goal is to build muscle. For instance here is an olympic weightlifter, evidently quite strong, and look at her muscle tone:

Despite being quite strong, her arms are lean, not bulky.

#176 Posted by RazzaTazz (9353 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: Here is another:

Strong woman, lean muscle. Unless you are saying that Wonder Woman would want to expressly work out just to have muscle, then Wonder Woman despite being very strong would have lean muscles. It is ok though if you like muscular looking women, it is just not anatomically correct in the case of Wonder Woman's strength

#177 Posted by PowerWoman (3257 posts) - - Show Bio

@razzatazz: my point is wonder woman should be has some muscle,pre-crisis wonder woman can move the moon,pre-52 wonder woman can moved 1/3 of the earth,new 52 wonder woman more like can move the earth itself without help,so if she has muscel would be looks like better than no muscle,yes,i like muscle woman

#178 Edited by drgnx (3517 posts) - - Show Bio

@razzatazz:

At the end of the day, they are going to do what they have always done: Get an actress, make sure they are in shape, then make them work out before shots so they get a bit of bulge, oil them to make the definition stand out more. Once you've got the mental impression that they are built; cover them up for the majority of the movie and/or use armbands to help emphasize the separation of biceps from the shoulders...

#179 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio
#180 Posted by drgnx (3517 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: Those are bodybuilders, whose goal is to build muscle. For instance here is an olympic weightlifter, evidently quite strong, and look at her muscle tone:

Despite being quite strong, her arms are lean, not bulky.

For the most part, I'm just indulging this thread; If we are being 'realistic' we probably wont even get this

http://munfitnessblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/jessica-biel-at-gym.jpg

This is probably what we are looking at as she was considered previously! More tone less mass!

#181 Edited by PowerWoman (3257 posts) - - Show Bio

#182 Posted by Carter_esque (6447 posts) - - Show Bio

wonder woman should be have a little some muscle,though she power is magic not 100%Physical,so she not need too muscle

like she:

Acceptable

#183 Posted by Carter_esque (6447 posts) - - Show Bio
#184 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio
#185 Posted by drgnx (3517 posts) - - Show Bio
#186 Posted by PowerWoman (3257 posts) - - Show Bio

@drgnx: Yes!!!wonder woman should be like this!!

#187 Posted by MyNameWasDeleted (679 posts) - - Show Bio

More like a Ms.Fitness competitor I think now... like

-Jamie Eason

#188 Edited by PowerWoman (3257 posts) - - Show Bio
#189 Edited by drgnx (3517 posts) - - Show Bio

What do you think the chances of finding a fitness competitor with a beautiful face (not that most are ugly) that has respectable acting skills?

#190 Posted by MyNameWasDeleted (679 posts) - - Show Bio

@drgnx said:

What do you think the chances of finding a fitness competitor with a beautiful face that has respectable acting skills?

Well, they are not the hulking man faced steroid girls of bodybuilding that you might be thinking of... most of what they are competing for is what you are searching for, nice build, pretty face, body awareness in motion- dance or gymnastics are common as talents, but they are also salespeople and they are their own brand. This means they need to be able to have a dash of acting along with all their other talents and skills... granted they're not Meryl Streep, but what actress in the proper age group for this role actually is these days? I say pick one of these fitness competitors and develop her into the role (every girl knows Wonder Woman- and can't you just seeeee yourself as her), nobody has issue with Arnold now- he's worked on his craft, sure, but he is also a brandname. When you go to a Schwarzenegger flick you know what you're gonna get.

#191 Posted by GWHH (523 posts) - - Show Bio

#192 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (5020 posts) - - Show Bio

Now this is perfect!

#193 Posted by drgnx (3517 posts) - - Show Bio

@drgnx said:

What do you think the chances of finding a fitness competitor with a beautiful face that has respectable acting skills?

Well, they are not the hulking man faced steroid girls of bodybuilding that you might be thinking of... most of what they are competing for is what you are searching for, nice build, pretty face, body awareness in motion- dance or gymnastics are common as talents, but they are also salespeople and they are their own brand. This means they need to be able to have a dash of acting along with all their other talents and skills... granted they're not Meryl Streep, but what actress in the proper age group for this role actually is these days? I say pick one of these fitness competitors and develop her into the role (every girl knows Wonder Woman- and can't you just seeeee yourself as her), nobody has issue with Arnold now- he's worked on his craft, sure, but he is also a brandname. When you go to a Schwarzenegger flick you know what you're gonna get.

Nice post:

1. You identified a paradigm
  2. Exposed the overlook demographic of bodybuilders
  3. Made a respectable case for this overlooked Demographic

Interesting prospective!

+1

#194 Posted by jphulk26 (1264 posts) - - Show Bio

WW needs to be feminine full stop. End of argument.

#195 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

@jphulk26 said:

WW needs to be feminine full stop. End of argument.

what exactly does that mean?

#197 Edited by GWHH (523 posts) - - Show Bio

#198 Edited by SuperEnd (89 posts) - - Show Bio
#199 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio
#200 Posted by kapitein_zeppos (341 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.