Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8719 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

how does wonder woman fit in the tdn and tmos universe

dcdyno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dcdyno

know there was a failed pilot in 2011. should tv cross over with movies. (arrow)

dmessmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I doubt Arrow will cross over, though who knows. If recent reports are to be believed (which they probably shouldn't), WB is planning a sequel to Man of Steel as early as 2014, a Justice League movie in 2015, with Wonder Woman and Aquaman movies to follow. That seems awfully ambitious to me, and I hope they take the time to do these things right, especially Wonder Woman.

4_color_image

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dmessmer said:

I doubt Arrow will cross over, though who knows. If recent reports are to be believed (which they probably shouldn't), WB is planning a sequel to Man of Steel as early as 2014, a Justice League movie in 2015, with Wonder Woman and Aquaman movies to follow. That seems awfully ambitious to me, and I hope they take the time to do these things right, especially Wonder Woman.

How much freaking time does WB need? They have has a =w= in the pipeline for years!

dmessmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, and given Whedon's success with The Avengers, I bet they're kicking themselves for not green lighting his Wonder Woman project. But the two most recent attempts (the Erica Durance debacle and the canned "Amazon") both sounded bad.

It seems to me that Wonder Woman is as big and grandiose as Superman and Batman, so in order to do it right they need to stop with the TV ideas and give her her own full-blown film with all the grandeur they gave to the other members of DC's Trinity. Arguably, Wonder Woman's story is the most epic of the bunch, so any attempt to tell it on less than a massive scale is doomed to failure.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

@dmessmer said:

Yeah, and given Whedon's success with The Avengers, I bet they're kicking themselves for not green lighting his Wonder Woman project. But the two most recent attempts (the Erica Durance debacle and the canned "Amazon") both sounded bad.

It seems to me that Wonder Woman is as big and grandiose as Superman and Batman, so in order to do it right they need to stop with the TV ideas and give her her own full-blown film with all the grandeur they gave to the other members of DC's Trinity. Arguably, Wonder Woman's story is the most epic of the bunch, so any attempt to tell it on less than a massive scale is doomed to failure.

I think they shouldn't do live action,it wouldn't work,like at all.It would be much better as a cartoon,but with as much action and plot as YJ.

dmessmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think they shouldn't do live action,it wouldn't work,like at all.It would be much better as a cartoon,but with as much action and plot as YJ.

That movie already exists - it came out in 2009 and it was quite good. An animated movie, though, is never going to increase a character's profile or make as much money as a live action movie will. They pulled off Batman and Superman, there's no reason they can't do the same for Wonder Woman if they are willing to devote the necessary resources to the project.

jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@cameron83: bullshit. if Avengers can work, than any excuse that WW wouldnt is just lazy

jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@dmessmer: Whedon's proposal sounded pretty shitty, and inside people like Gail Simone have said that the script wasn't good.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: bullshit. if Avengers can work, than any excuse that WW wouldnt is just lazy

1. I am sorry,but since when was there a live action Avengers TV show....

2. Comparing a team to 1 character,especially with a movie is completely different (with screen time,character interactions,etc.)

@dmessmer said:

@cameron83 said:

That movie already exists - it came out in 2009 and it was quite good. An animated movie, though, is never going to increase a character's profile or make as much money as a live action movie will. They pulled off Batman and Superman, there's no reason they can't do the same for Wonder Woman if they are willing to devote the necessary resources to the project.

I hear it was more popular than Green Lantern (which is good and it should've been).I think a TV show should be done like that (or even better a live action movie).I mean,sometimes it's like DC completely forgets about WW in the trinity and only focuses on Batman and Superman.Hell,they'd even put GL before her,which isn't bad,but she has always gotten the short end of things and DC just seems not to care much about one of their most popular characters...

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By gokuwarrior

@dmessmer: an animated series can increase a character's profile if they just adapt her best runs into an animated series,that will do the same thing that anima does for mangas,maybe the best way to start would be adapting arazzello's run into an animated series,i'm not a big fan of his run,but since it's the current run,it could inc rease her profile if people like it.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: an animated series can increase a character's profile if they just adapt her best runs into an animated series,that will do the same thing that anima does for mangas,maybe the best way to start would be adapting arazzello's run into an animated series,i'm not a big fan of his run,but since it's the current run,it could increase her profile if people like it.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It should be blatantly obvious DC just don't have faith in there other characters, but hey when you see how they ruined green lantern...I guess I don't blame them for not having faith, but I do blame them for not getting the job done! They need to combine talented comic writers with talented screen writers and talented directors (whose styles best match a specific character)! I know it is not easy, and I don't want to dump on them, but they have the resources and insight to smash this industry wide open, but they are watching Marvel take the lead in what should be a neck & neck race!

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

@drgnx: Wonder Woman has heavy ties to Greek Mythology, so she could easily become a huge franchise just like her fellow Trinity members based on that fact alone.

Each of the trinity's movies should have their own unique theme.

Superman- Sci Fi

Batman- Crime Thriller

Wonder Woman- Fantasy/Mythological Epic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_claw: Don't you think Green Lanterns are more Sci Fi than Superman? I'm personally not sure how I would classify Big blue, but if you meant just out the big 3 (I'd say the original big 3 at this point the way things are going) then I guess that works.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drgnx: I was just talking about the trinity dude. All though GL is definitely the most Sci Fi out of all the founding members of the JL.

Avatar image for cloudzackvincent
    cloudzackvincent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

the reason i don't want tv series to crossover with the big screen, especially Arrow, is that some of the cool characters that i would love to see in the films has already appeared in Arrow a la Deathstroke in pretty lame get ups and. I mean sure they look great for a TV show, but its a no no for the silver screen. Also many of the characters might die in the show... all in all ..since, unlike 'Agents of Shield' I don't think Arrow was ever planned to lead on to a larger Cinematic universe, things might get muddly.

dmessmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior: It can certainly increase a character's profile, but not in the same way that a live action movie can. I'm not sure how much money the studios make on animated works, but it pails in comparison to the hundreds of millions that successful live action films bring in.

A live action Wonder Woman can certainly work if someone takes the time and has the backing to do it right. Hopefully the huge financial success of Man of Steel will inspire WB to double-down on a Wonder Woman movie.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_claw: I figured while typing, its late, my sense of context is faaaddddiiiinnnggg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dmessmer: Put out a good movie, have Superman and Batman (all the advertisement you need) meet each other there and have her have to save them as part of a sub-plot (minimize screen time but maintain the interest). If the movie is actually good, word of mouth will help carry the momentum and it will be a hit!

(okay semi-serious)

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dmessmer: animated series can make a lot of money,specially if the animated series is based on a book so it also increases the sales of ther books,the countless of millions that anime and manga versions from sailor moon and dbz did are the proof of that,so give it a try and use the same format with wonder woman is worth it,the cost is much less and there is no expectetions with who should be the actress,the success can be huge,they should try,and it'd be the first time that an entire comic run was adapted into an animated series.

dmessmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't get me wrong, I'd watch an animated version. Also, there's no reason they couldn't do both - Superman cartoons have certainly coexisted with live action films. But even the most successful animated feature (in terms of superheros, not Pixar and stuff like that) don't even come close to making the kind of money that Man of Steel will generate, between box office receipts, blu-ray sales, and merchandising, both domestic and international. I'm sure Superman comics will also get a big boost following the film.

As far as I'm concerned, the more (good) Wonder Woman stories the better, so I'd support an animated feature or show, but a live action film is the only way to fully celebrate her iconic status in our culture.

ItsDaveyJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ItsDaveyJ

I think that for the first movie they will no doubt do an origin story. That said, I think as much of it should take place in the realm of Greek Mythology and at the end of the movie is when she ventures into the "real world." I think that having her be fresh to the world of men in the Justice League would be able to provide a little bit of comedy to lighten to mood occasionally. Besides, exploring her strong fantasy elements will help differentiate her between Batman and Superman.

I also think that her movie needs to be more violent. Not necessarily in the sense of being "darker" than Batman's violence or "grander" than Superman's violence... but she is the only member of the Trinity who doesn't have a strong moral objection to killing. Showing how she is a warrior who isn't afraid to do that will help differentiate her from the other two and could also bring up a point of contention between the three in the Justice League film.

Finally, I realllllllyyyy don't want them to do the stereotypical Wonder Woman story where she gets her ass slapped and "OMG MEN ARE SO BAD!! Mother was right! I'm going to stick around and make these men see just how silly they are!" We get that Wonder Woman is a feminist figure... but let's just let her be feminist on her own without the preaching. To be honest, what I'd like to see is her be like "Hmm... this isn't AS bad as I was told it would be. I see so many strong independent women! And even if they aren't strong and independent... some of them choose to be that way. I shouldn't disparage a woman because what she wants in her own personal relationship is to be the submissive one. Different strokes for different folks. Maybe men aren't so bad as I was taught. Sure things aren't perfect... like I see that women don't make as much as men on average... and there are places on Earth where women ARE treated really bad... but I see potential for things to get right. I think I'll stay so that I can help nourish this potential to create a better place for everyone." Minus the preachy feel that I gave there xD

Lastly... this won't happen because DC seems to be supporting the traditional romance options so I don't forsee a Superman/Wonder Woman relationship in the movies... but I think it would be an interesting spin if they made Steve Trevor gay. Just hear me out! I think it would create for some really interesting scenes when he crashes onto Paradise Island for the Amazons to see a man who doesn't appear to be as blatantly sexist as they would expect. But the Amazons would be set in their ways and would think he was being false, while Wonder Woman would take him for his word and she can get a glimpse of a man who isn't a stereotype before being shown the negative stereotypes that men sometimes fulfill. It would give her a reason to leave the island too while highlighting her character trait of compassion.

dmessmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think that for the first movie they will no doubt do an origin story.

I agree, though there are rumors that a Justice League movie will come before an individual Wonder Woman film. I'm not sure how that will complicate the origin story idea - will they cram a short version into Justice League, or wait until her solo film to tell the origin, perhaps in flashbacks sort of like Man of Steel (emphasis on "sort of")? All of this, of course, assumes that they make a Wonder Woman solo film. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

I also think that her movie needs to be more violent. Not necessarily in the sense of being "darker" than Batman's violence or "grander" than Superman's violence... but she is the only member of the Trinity who doesn't have a strong moral objection to killing. Showing how she is a warrior who isn't afraid to do that will help differentiate her from the other two and could also bring up a point of contention between the three in the Justice League film.

I couldn't agree more. Personally, I think this absolute no killing stuff is a bit silly. It works for Batman since all of his actions are forged from a damaged psyche that clings to certain rules out of a neurotic need to establish order over chaos. (Man of Steel spoiler alert) But I liked the more complicated morality of Superman - and the fact that he will, in extreme circumstances, kill if he has to. Adding in a full-fledged warrior who is herself struggling with the dichotomy of being an ambassador for peace and love and yet having a fighting spirit could lead to some great stuff (as long as they don't make her the bloodthirsty moron that she's sometimes come across as in the New 52 Justice League).

Finally, I realllllllyyyy don't want them to do the stereotypical Wonder Woman story where she gets her ass slapped and "OMG MEN ARE SO BAD!! Mother was right! I'm going to stick around and make these men see just how silly they are!" We get that Wonder Woman is a feminist figure...

Man, it's like we're the same person - again, I couldn't agree more. Wonder Woman, of course, is a feminist character, just by her very being. If they stay true to who she is and what her motivations are the feminist nature of her character and her actions will come through on their own. There's no need to force it (if they do the character right - though I'm confident Hollywood could majorly screw this part of the character up).

Lastly... this won't happen because DC seems to be supporting the traditional romance options so I don't forsee a Superman/Wonder Woman relationship in the movies... but I think it would be an interesting spin if they made Steve Trevor gay.

You're right that this would never happen, if for no other reason than that WB wouldn't want to deal with the controversy. But it's a great idea! Steve Trevor never really worked as a love interest in the first place, and it makes even less sense now. The Perez run suggests that some Amazons are in lesbian relationships (or at least have lesbian sex), so it would make sense that they would respond to a gay man in a positive way. There is so much that this change could open up in terms of story and theme. But they'll never do it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a little curious to see how they plan to tie all this in. With Avengers, shield was always integrated into the stories of the Solos and events were small scale and could believably be contained (like Hulks existence).

So far, Batman, Superman, and Green Lantern have all had events that were world wide.

Superman just learning to fly and be a hero could account for his lack of prior action, and Green Lantern could have been of world for the other's movies, (but Nolanverse is supposed to be separate anyways)... I suppose they could make it work if Green Lantern was off-world for MOS!

Still: Batman realistically was not in a position to mobilize in the time of the events. Would it not be interesting if Superman was on the ship the whole time of TDKR while GL was either not bestowed or off-world at the same time?

TAneT62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh man, of course a Wonder Woman film is going to work, no doubt about it.

dmessmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By dmessmer

Given the poor performance of Green Lantern at the box office, my guess is that they'll reboot the character, which gives them plenty of opportunities to explain his place in the DCU. Assuming that's the case, and that the Nolan Batman is separate as well, the only continuity we've seen so far is Man of Steel, so they have a lot of room to work things out.

WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By WDW

I just saw The Man of Steel. GREAT movie

There are so many ways to introduce Wonder Woman into the Man of Steel universe. It is so easy to do! I wrote a script for Wonder Woman (just to see if I could do it). Small tweaks can make it work with Man of Steel (TMOS). Here are my 3 favorite options.

Man of Steel Ends…

1 Wonder Woman is currently on Paradise Island. The events which took place in TMOS have also threatened the Amazons who decide to investigate. They send their champion. Wonder Woman

2 The events in TMOS have shown the world that they are not alone in the universe. Because of this the military drastically increases its satellite monitoring of space and earth assisted with the help of some krypton tech which was salvaged and reverse engineered. By doing this they stumble on an anomaly. (Paradise island) an investigation leads to Steve Trevor Crashing on the island….. and yadda yadda yadda wonder woman comes to man’s world.

3 Or combine the two.

ALSO. The Wonder Woman movie can easily isolate itself so it works in the Movie Justice League universe but does not require the rest of the justice league to interfere.

Zack Synder also stuck with Superman’s KEY role as a superhero. He is a protector. I was afraid he was going to turn him into some sort of super warrior. NOPE he is not.

Superman will be in the role he has always been in, the protector. And stand for HOPE

Wonder Woman will fit the Warrior role in the Movie Justice League universe. And Stand for COURAGE and IMPOWERMENT.

Batman will be the SYMBOL THE ALL SEEING EYE watching you if your bad or good (like Santa clause) lol

Thus you have the Trinity. And a FANTASTIC MOVIE FRANCHISE!

It’s one two three easy to do.

Avatar image for kapitein_zeppos
    kapitein_zeppos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By kapitein_zeppos

If Man of Steel is any indication my guess is that Wonder Woman will probably be a lot darker than even the current Azzarello version.

I predict that the Amazons will be a bunch of violent, man-hating-heavily-implied-to-be-all-hot-heterosexual-male-appeal-lesbians. Diana will be inexplicably 100 % heterosexual, completely unaware of the modern world, totally lacking empathy and being perfectly unable to slide her way through a situation for lack of any rational thinking ability, leading to several very embarrassing fish of out of water vignettes (so far for the wisdom of Athena, oh, right she's he daughter of Zeus, figures ...)

If they go for the Steve Trevor route, expect her to be all over him with vicious man-hating ta-, I mean "Hollywood Feminism" and be right 99% of the time except for the last 1% when she'll melt for him and agree that he's actually the perfect guy.

She'll probably have killed at least one person five minutes into the film to show she means business.

My guess is that Amazon Island will probably undergo some terrible fate so they can call her "The Last Amazon", solving the title and name problem. (Phew)

Expect her to fight for some vague, completely anachronistic modern ideal against a very evil Ares, Hades or jealous bitch Hera.

The Last Amazon will probably lose everything, be temporarily de-powered, humiliated, get her bloody revenge and most of the heavy lifting will eventually be done by men so she can learn that her man-hating delusions are merely that and guys really are superior.

They'll probably try to ditch the golden lariat in favour of a magical sword and shield that can make things go boom a lot. Invisible plane will be replaced by a unigasus (Guys, I had like the greatest creative idea, EVAR !!!!")

Mess everything up, set up a bunch of points which they don't get back to, assume a lot of things, overly long combat sequences where you just repeat one single type of action many times, but cut very fast in the hope nobody notices. There will be nothing Wonder or Woman about her, just using a standard male hero template, painted with some pseudo "grrrrl femanimnism" or whatever it is called these days.

A perfect Last Amazon scenario, leads directly to the "F8stest Man alive", "The Warrior of Atlantis", "The Emerald Guardian" and culminating in the "Association of dark and gritty metahumans"

dcdyno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dmessmer: I really hope this isn't the case. I want them to take their time with movies and not rush them out just for the sake of beating Avengers to theaters.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb
    deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, I think MoS messed up in the creation of a shared DC movie universe. It went too big too early and as a result can't answer a fundamental question of a shared superhero universe.....where was everyone else while this was going on? Why did they all remain in hiding while the world was attacked? had MoS confined the events of the story to Metropolis (which is why I really wanted the movie to deal with a failing Metropolis overrun by crime through the actions of Intergang utilizing metahuman criminals) than there is a reasonable assumption as to why no other heroes were involved.

Thus why Marvel succeeded in creating a shared movie universe, because each heroes actions were confined in their scope and thus didn't warrant other hero involvement until the events of Avengers.

But given the events of MoS I'd say @wdw probably has the best scenario(s) for what reveals Themyscira but I would tweak things slightly. Instead of Wonder Woman being sent out to investigate the world and what is going on, I would have it so that the planet building machines affected the confinement of one of Wonder Woman's villains (Hades or Circe) who wreaks a bit of havoc on Themyscira before escaping into the world. Diana is then sent to reclaim them and her origin is changed slightly so that her birth wasn't simply a gift but one of necessity as Zeus or one of the other gods saw a time of turmoil for Earth and thus granted Hippolyta's request in order to have a champion, Diana, who could combat the rising evil. So this Odyssey into the outside world is part of her destiny rather than a simple reaction to events (spreading the "savior aspect" around a bit than confining it solely to Superman).

I also don't think the Amazons need to go the route of Hollywood stereotypical "ultra feminism" and could instead be merged with a Valkyrie-esque idea of the Amazons having a mission in the world rather than hiding away from it. Change their origins a bit so that the Amazons didn't simply run away to Themyscira to escape "Man's World" but instead were given Themyscira on the condition that they keep the world safe from supernatural evil (like Hades....more on that in a minute....and Circe) from the shadows. This would tie in better to the idea of the Amazons having compassion for the world and the idea of Diana being an ambassador of peace despite being a warrior because it would not be that Amazons hate men and the outside world (which doesn't really go with the whole compassion idea) but in fact have the compassion and protective nature that they would remove themselves from the world in order to keep it safe from the shadows. This would still allow the film to have that conflict of cultures aspect to it as Diana adjusts to the world (having not been old enough before this point to actually take part in its protection) but doesn't go so far into the realm of stereotypical feminism.

On the villain side of things, I think the film could use either Hades or Circe. Circe would probably be my choice because it would play off well to show a woman (Circe) who has the mindset of completely dominating men vs the Amazon's views of simply be detached and thus not depending on men. Also it would do a Wonder Woman film well to focus solely on the mystical aspects of her character and origin rather than use technological ideas like the Invisible Jet or Purple Ray. Keep that stuff out of the movie and just use magic and give the audience great visual displays (a la Harry Potter franchise) of Circe wielding her magic.

However, it would be possible to use Hades if his character was changed a bit. Personally I don't think the movie should establish a Greek pantheon of gods. The Amazons could still worship Zeus and Hera and the like but instead of them being gods as we know them from mythology, they are names given to aspects of the world rather than the beings that created the world. There is a being like Zeus that is a protective spirit to the planet from the standpoint of the sky, wind, and lightning. There is a being like Hera/Gaia that is a protective spirit to the planet from the standpoint of the earth. They have personalities and even communicate with mortals on occasion, just don't interfere with Earth as mythology would have people believe and there names are simply how the Amazons refer to them, whereas other cultures have different names for them (thus getting rid of the conflicting nature of godly pantheons and basically saying its all correct just depends on what name is said). For concepts like love and war there is no actual "deity" for them as they are mortal concepts. Aphrodite isn't a "god" but was a woman who in ancient times preached love and peace throughout the world and in time became a legend and a "godly" figure but is actually just a woman the Amazons continue to respect and revere because of her teachings (yes, this is my way of making a statement as to the nature of prophets and religious figures). This also keeps the Greek god concept from colliding with the emotional spectrum of the Lantern Corps (cause why would there be representative beings of these emotions if there are already gods associated with most of them????).

Hades, then, wouldn't be a god of war, per se, but an ancient warrior that due to his great deeds of good was granted divine empowerment (one of the few times the gods interfered in mortal affairs, and thus one of the reasons why they don't anymore) which drove him mad, altering the nature of the empowerment. As a result, he found that his powers increased when near conflict and hate and thus tried to drive the world into chaos and anarchy in order to set-up a society based on combat and gladiatory ideals so as to remain powerful and immortal. He was captured and eventually confined by the Amazons and when he escapes he looks to start a global conflict in order to regain his former glory. This change to his nature is also why he can never truly die, even in a weakened state, because there is always conflict somewhere (thus allowing the movie to actually show Diana "kill" Hades, much like in the Injustice comic series, without actually showing Wonder Woman murder someone) that keeps him alive.

So it could be done right, it could be done without showcasing a bitchy Wonder Woman or island of women, it can use Steve Trevor in any scenario because he could be investigating the same thing as Diana per orders from the military (he doesn't need to crash on Themyscira.....it would be better to use the new 52 depiction of him as more of a Special Forces/Colonel O'Neil, for all you SG-1 fans out there, type of character than just a pilot), it can have great actions and visual effects, showcase the mystical element of DC, and keep things to a shadowy conflict point where Superman isn't involved.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ltbrd: They stayed in hiding because they were afraid that society wouldn't accept them. I think it makes perfect sense because now that they see that society kind of accepted Superman they are confident enough to come out of hiding.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb
    deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

editorial note: I meant Ares, not Hades. Sorry.

@lilben42 I think hiding and being afraid of society is the wrong way to go. It doesn't align with the fact that this an island of warrior women and for them to fear what society would think of them goes against that idea. Such a premise seems to enforce an idea the Amazons would be against, that women need to shape their image to what society perceives them to be. To steal from the Honeybadger....."Amazon don't care!".

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ltbrd: Oh no I was talking about all the superhumans in the world not the amazons. The amazons probably preferred not to interfere with human affairs.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whedon. "It's enormously difficult to take very disparate characters and make them work. DC has a harder time of it than Marvel because their characters are from an old, bygone era where characters were bigger than we were. Marvel really cracked the code in terms of ‘Oh, they're just like us.’".

Is not Mos or Nolan or Snyder is how DC actually works.

Now people notice going like the comics is not going to make sense, so they need to blame something or some one, but not how DC works.

Also, she is the only one that would had bigger problem getting into the new fantasy type Mos is using GL is not so hard, Batmans i mean seriously?, Flash once you pass the how he got his powers not such a big problem, heck even Aquaman can fit the Mos type fantasy.

Also for all the people that keep talking crap about DC not doing thing like Marvel.

Notice it was a Marvel type casting too.
    Notice it was a Marvel type casting too.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.