Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8804 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

her two different costumes

hyperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

I've seen she's wearing a new costume, in the last justice league issues, it seems it's been inspired by Gal Gadot's costume for Dawn of Juste while she is wearing the "Classic" costume in her own tittle. Does anyone know why this is happening? have there been any explanation for the new costume in Justice League?

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By FoamBorn

@hyperman said:

I've seen she's wearing a new costume, in the last justice league issues, it seems it's been inspired by Gal Gadot's costume for Dawn of Juste while she is wearing the "Classic" costume in her own tittle. Does anyone know why this is happening? have there been any explanation for the new costume in Justice League?

I think it's Fabok's own design inspired by Gal's costume, they get carte blanche to design new outfits for Wonder Woman outside her eponymous book apparently. I read in an interview that Chiang and Azzarello initially intended Wonder Woman to wear the "divine armor" look instead of Jim Lee's bathing suit but dc didn't give that the green light. It's possible that since the film is coming up they're trying to sell the look or at least that Fabok's design was approved because of it. I also wouldn't be surprised if Wonder Woman wore this get-up in the comics after Dawn of Justice

hyperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn:

Hey Man , thanks a bunch for the info!! i wasn't aware about the idea of Chiang and Azarello. Do you know if there's an explanation for the change? i mean, the rest of the costume really doesn't matter, but the bracelet do! they're supposed to be divine. Hoy can they change so much ? Xd jajjajj

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Really? I didn't notice. Does someone have a scan?

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I have no problem with Wonder Woman have many outfit to be honest

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FoamBorn

@hyperman said:

@foamborn:

Hey Man , thanks a bunch for the info!! i wasn't aware about the idea of Chiang and Azarello. Do you know if there's an explanation for the change? i mean, the rest of the costume really doesn't matter, but the bracelet do! they're supposed to be divine. Hoy can they change so much ? Xd jajjajj

To me it doesn't look like they changed but rather like she's wearing glovettes and metal plates on top of them which I know doesn't make sense.

No Caption Provided

You can see them "uncovered" on the cover

hyperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn: You're right!! i haven't noticed that detail!

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn: I hope they use Wonder Woman's Post-Flashpoint costume (the biker one)

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I

@foamborn said:

@hyperman said:

I think it's Fabok's own design inspired by Gal's costume, they get carte blanche to design new outfits for Wonder Woman outside her eponymous book apparently. I read in an interview that Chiang and Azzarello initially intended Wonder Woman to wear the "divine armor" look instead of Jim Lee's bathing suit but dc didn't give that the green light. It's possible that since the film is coming up they're trying to sell the look or at least that Fabok's design was approved because of it. I also wouldn't be surprised if Wonder Woman wore this get-up in the comics after Dawn of Justice

If they wanted Wonder Woman in the battle armor that Chainge designed the whole time then I'm glad they didn't get the green light. That thing was ugly.

hyperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By hyperman

@muffin_sangria: I hate bulky armours, what i like about this new outfit, is that it doesn't look much different and heavy.

Where do I get the chance to see the rejected outfit?

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Muffin_Sangria

@hyperman said:

@muffin_sangria: I hate bulky armours, what i like about this new outfit, is that it doesn't look much different and heavy.

Where do I get the chance the rejected outfit?

I assumed the divine armor was just this

No Caption Provided

hyperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muffin_sangria: I supposed that was the one you were talking about. I must I agree with you, it is absolutely hideous

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FoamBorn

@muffin_sangria said:

If they wanted Wonder Woman in the battle armor that Chainge designed the whole time then I'm glad they didn't get the green light. That thing was ugly.

I like it a lot, particularly the belt and the sandals. It's a huge improvement from the golden bird motif, that one was ugly beyond belief. I just don't think it should be Wonder Woman's default costume and Chiang actually sold me on the bathing suit

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By FoamBorn

@zhurong said:

@foamborn: I hope they use Wonder Woman's Post-Flashpoint costume (the biker one)

No Caption Provided

This one?

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Didn't even notice that.

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn: That's cool but I was talking about All-Star Wonder Woman. The one that look similar to New 52 Wonder Woman but has a black jacket.

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By FoamBorn

@zhurong said:

@foamborn: That's cool but I was talking about All-Star Wonder Woman. The one that look similar to New 52 Wonder Woman but has a black jacket.

ah the all-new Wonder Woman, that look doesn't do it for me, at all. I don't like the jacket, the shoes, the straps and most of all I hate the tiara and all the metal parts.

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ZhuRong

@foamborn: Aww okay

I kind of liked it because it reminds me of Lobo's style. Was the all new Wonder Woman series good? I never read any of it. DC confused me with the reboot.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
    deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@foamborn said:

@hyperman said:

I think this is going to happen as well.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

@ms-lola said:

@foamborn said:

@hyperman said:

The main difference to remember is that changing things in the books because of whats happening in movies is a Marvel thing, they do it quite often. The same can't be said of DC/WB.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hyperman: I don't think it looks bad. I don't particularly like the hair, but minus that it's not terrible.

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zhurong said:

@foamborn: Aww okay

I kind of liked it because it reminds me of Lobo's style. Was the all new Wonder Woman series good? I never read any of it. DC confused me with the reboot.

I enjoyed it but I was a little bit confused towards the end to be honest and the art was so-so.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By CSG_CL

@outside_85: didn't DC flip to the 1940s for a while during the Lynda Carter years? I can't recall if that was canon or not though.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
    deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@ms-lola said:

@foamborn said:

@hyperman said:

The main difference to remember is that changing things in the books because of whats happening in movies is a Marvel thing, they do it quite often. The same can't be said of DC/WB.

To be fair, there hasn't been enough DC films with enough characters to make any changes. We'll see how things turn out once the films start pumping out.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

@ms-lola said:

To be fair, there hasn't been enough DC films with enough characters to make any changes. We'll see how things turn out once the films start pumping out.

That is true... but I kinda forgot the main reason we appear now have a bi-racial Wally West is because they have a black actor to play him on Flash. And Lemire's apparently epic Green Arrow run was cut short so the Arrow creators could have a go. :S

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.