has the romance been brung up in the wonder woman solo seris ?

#1 Posted by Z3RO180 (6709 posts) - - Show Bio

so i have been reading scott lobdells run on superman (go cheack it out its awesome) and every now and again the romance between supes and diana is brought up and since i dount read wonder woman (not that i dount want to but its all down to money) i was woundering if there romance is btought up at all in her solo seris

#2 Posted by jphulk26 (1332 posts) - - Show Bio

No it hasn´t.

#3 Posted by Press Oblivion (1656 posts) - - Show Bio

@jphulk26 said:

No it hasn´t.

And that's because the entire Wonder Woman solo series to this point takes place before events in Justice League 7. Wonder Woman flies in issue 8 of the Justice League but doesn't get flight abilities until issue 12 of her own series.

Superman will not be in Wonder Woman any time soon. (NO pun intended.)

#4 Edited by jphulk26 (1332 posts) - - Show Bio

@Press Oblivion: I´m starting to get really tired of the Geoff Johns hate. I think personally he´s doing quite a good job. His Shazam when it comes out as a collected issues I´m buying straight away and I hope he starts writing that as a seperate comic soon. His tease for The Question also seemed pretty damn interesting. I hope that starts featuring soon as well. His Batman Earth One was excellent. Everything I´ve heard from Aquaman fans and green lantern fans is that they loved what he did with the comic. In JL people are complaining about WW going out with superman. But they´re ok with Zeus banging Hippolyta like she was red light districts go to girl, and all the other horrible changes Azz has made. Don´t get me wrong I don´t like he´s put the two together either, but in terms of disrespecting WW Johns hasn´t even come close to Azz. I actually am even enjoying his JL series, true its mainly cause of Shazam, but I would love to see Johns take on a pre-New 52 WW.

Although I have to admit it was pretty obvious putting them together, beside I think Superman and Batman make the cuter couple. :)

#5 Edited by Onemoreposter (4101 posts) - - Show Bio

@jphulk26 said:

beside I think Superman and Batman make the cuter couple. :)

Nah brah. It's all about the Bats Wondy couple.

#6 Edited by jphulk26 (1332 posts) - - Show Bio

@Onemoreposter said:

@jphulk26 said:

beside I think Superman and Batman make the cuter couple. :)

Nah brah. It's all about the Bats Wondy couple.

What about a Trinty 3-way. :) Now that would be edgy, New 52 style.

#7 Posted by Z3RO180 (6709 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok I now it's getting weirded :I

#8 Posted by darkman61288 (783 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the bat wonder couple too. They are just so unlike each other but they just match so well. I hope they bring it back.

#9 Posted by Press Oblivion (1656 posts) - - Show Bio

@jphulk26 said:

I´m starting to get really tired of the Geoff Johns hate. I think personally he´s doing quite a good job.

There have been elements of the title that I haven't liked but thanks to a lot of the discussion here on the Wonder Woman board, I've taken the time to reread the series and find the elements that I had previously missed that made, not only Wonder Woman's story more complete but the series as well. It's not top shelf Johns but it's not as bad as Aaron's run on the Hulk.

@jphulk26 said:

In JL people are complaining about WW going out with superman. But they´re ok with Zeus banging Hippolyta

LOL!

@jphulk26 said:

Although I have to admit it was pretty obvious putting them together, beside I think Superman and Batman make the cuter couple. :)

They truly are the dynamic duo. :D

#10 Posted by jphulk26 (1332 posts) - - Show Bio

@Press Oblivion said:

@jphulk26 said:

In JL people are complaining about WW going out with superman. But they´re ok with Zeus banging Hippolyta

LOL!

At least Superman took Diana out on a date. I know this was a family drama, but I think it went a bit Jerry Springer for my liking when Hippolyta was unmasked as the super worlds premiere single mother MILF. :-)

#11 Posted by Icarusflies (12512 posts) - - Show Bio

It's been confirmed by Azzarello that the romance will NOT appear in her solo title.

Good riddance.

#12 Posted by Press Oblivion (1656 posts) - - Show Bio

@Icarusflies: it's not that bad is it?

@jphulk26 said:

At least Superman took Diana out on a date. I know this was a family drama, but I think it went a bit Jerry Springer for my liking when Hippolyta was unmasked as the super worlds premiere single mother MILF. :-)

LOL summore!

#13 Posted by Icarusflies (12512 posts) - - Show Bio

@Press Oblivion: I'm not a fan of the Supes/WW romance.

And it really wouldn't fit into her series.

#14 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (15127 posts) - - Show Bio

@jphulk26 said:

That already happened, they're called Apollo and Midnighter.

#15 Posted by Press Oblivion (1656 posts) - - Show Bio

@Icarusflies: That's OK a lot of people aren't and Azz won't let anything else fit into the Wonder Woman series. . . Sensation Comics anyone?

#16 Posted by Onemoreposter (4101 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkman61288: Yeah, but if they do I have a feeling it won't be for years to come. If they hook Wonder Woman up with Bruce right after the's been with Clark then she'll seems kind of like a slag and no one wants to see Wonder Woman like that. Plus with Steve Trevor in the new JLA I have a feeling we'll being some emotions rekindle between him and Wondy in the months to come.

#17 Posted by Press Oblivion (1656 posts) - - Show Bio

You guys know that Batman and Wonder Woman were never really together right? I doubt they would revisit that idea again before the next reboot.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.