Has The Revamped Wonder Woman Became Shorter?

#1 Posted by comicdude23 (11399 posts) - - Show Bio

She seems smaller in height...

#2 Posted by Erik (31595 posts) - - Show Bio

I do not see how it seems that way. She is almost as tall as Superman, just like always.  

#3 Posted by lorex (945 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think she is any shorter. She has always been a little shorter than Superman and the way they are posed in this picture does not give a clear picture.

#4 Posted by dondasch (926 posts) - - Show Bio

Just looking at this particular Jim Lee piece *gag*, I don't see any noticeable height difference for Diana other than the other glaring changes....

#5 Posted by Aiden Cross (15562 posts) - - Show Bio

If you look at David Finch covers i'm inclined to agree. From what i've seen from other artists, no she doesn't seem shorter.

#6 Posted by Comicfan47 (706 posts) - - Show Bio

I think she does look shorter.

#7 Edited by QuasarPrime (57 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they are standing on a rounded platform with variable height, one that has the characters taller in front, looking shorter the further they go out on the sides.   Notice for example, how similar Supes and Bats appear at the "Center". 

Another example, look at how tall WW looks compared to GL and to Aquaman.  For that matter, GL looks much taller than Aquaman. 

The same with Batman over Flash and Cyborg and Flash looking much taller than Cyborg. 

It just seems like the heroes have shrunk, when in fact they haven't!  (I Hope!)
#8 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL. Maybe?

#9 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4691 posts) - - Show Bio

They also changed Wonder Woman's shampoo from Pert Plus to Tresemmé. I'm surprised no one noticed the sheer volume control.

#10 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3482 posts) - - Show Bio
@Erik: yeah but in Lee's cover, everyone looks the same height, except for Cyborg, who towers over the others.
#11 Posted by QuasarPrime (57 posts) - - Show Bio

Supes and Bats are front and center.   

As you move outwards and away from the center, all the characters appear smaller.
#12 Posted by MrDirector786 (43390 posts) - - Show Bio

Doesn't seem shorter at all.

#13 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't particularly care for the 80s hairstyle, but I'll deal with it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.