Hallelujah, Megan Fox Won't Be Playing Wonder Woman

• 149 results
Posted by G-Man (31791 posts) - - Show Bio
Nope, it's not gonna happen.
I don't care what people say, Megan Fox should not be Wonder Woman.  There have been rumors or wishes that she would play the role but the bottom line is, she's just not right for the role.

For those that agree, we can rejoice in the the recent word that Megan Fox is not interested in the role.
“She’s lame,” Megan told FHM magazine. “She flies around in an invisible jet, but she’s not invisible. I don’t get it.”

"Lame"?  "Not invisible"?  Oh geez.  I guess she doesn't get that it's for visual purposes only.  Otherwise we'd be only looking at a blank screen whenever Wonder Woman was in her jet.

My question is, was she ever actually offered the role or was she ever seriously considered for it?  The wishes of Megan Fox fans don't make it an official offer.  When it comes time to actually cast Wonder Woman, I still say they should take an unknown actress that has Wonder Woman's look and can act the part.

For those hoping she would be Wonder Woman...sorry to disappoint you.
Staff
#1 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio
G-Man said:
"
I don't care what people say, Megan Fox should not be Wonder Woman.  There have been rumors or wishes that she would play the role but the bottom line is, she's just not right for the role.

For those that agree, we can rejoice in the the recent word that Megan Fox is not interested in the role.
“She’s lame,” Megan told FHM magazine. “She flies around in an invisible jet, but she’s not invisible. I don’t get it.”
"Lame"?  "Not invisible"?  Oh geez.  I guess she doesn't get that it's for visual purposes only.  Otherwise we'd be only looking at a blank screen whenever Wonder Woman was in her jet.My question is, was she ever actually offered the role or was she ever seriously considered for it?  The wishes of Megan Fox fans don't make it an official offer.  When it comes time to actually cast Wonder Woman, I still say they should take an unknown actress that has Wonder Woman's look and can act the part.For those hoping she would be Wonder Woman...sorry to disappoint you."
Whatta clueless second-rate Angelina Jolie ditz.
#2 Edited by Calvin (3479 posts) - - Show Bio

You see she's just like one of the stupid girl in high school who make you look like a fool for reading comics.

I can't really imagine who would give a good Wonder Woman, though.

#3 Posted by inferiorego (22598 posts) - - Show Bio

Know what else is lame? Fox's acting ability, always has, always will be... I would be a better Wonder Woman, just not visually... BOOSH

Staff
#4 Posted by G-Man (31791 posts) - - Show Bio
White Mage said:
Whatta clueless second-rate Angelina Jolie ditz. "
Funny, she mentions Angelina in the article too.
“I’m actually frightened of her,” she said. “I haven’t had the opportunity to meet her and I try to avoid that because I’m afraid.

Angelina’s a powerful person and I bet she would eat me alive. I guess that is why I’m afraid of her.”

Staff
#5 Posted by the Vica (1967 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh darn.

#6 Posted by inferiorego (22598 posts) - - Show Bio
G-Man said:
"White Mage said:
Funny, she mentions Angelina in the article too.
“I’m actually frightened of her,” she said. “I haven’t had the opportunity to meet her and I try to avoid that because I’m afraid.

Angelina’s a powerful person and I bet she would eat me alive. I guess that is why I’m afraid of her.”
"
Fox is dumber than I originally thought... is that possible?
Staff
#7 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

See, Megan, I told you to just shut up and look pretty, but noooo, you had to go and open your mouth.

#8 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

She called wonder woman lame????

I'm floored by that.

#9 Posted by War Killer (20105 posts) - - Show Bio

Awwwwww, so did anyone ask her about She-Hulk?

#10 Posted by Calvin (3479 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"She called wonder woman lame????I'm floored by that."
Let's track her down and kick her on the throat
#11 Posted by geometry (1243 posts) - - Show Bio
White Mage said:
"G-Man said:
"

"Lame"?  "Not invisible"?  Oh geez.  I guess she doesn't get that it's for visual purposes only.  Otherwise we'd be only looking at a blank screen whenever Wonder Woman was in her jet.My question is, was she ever actually offered the role or was she ever seriously considered for it?  The wishes of Megan Fox fans don't make it an official offer.  When it comes time to actually cast Wonder Woman, I still say they should take an unknown actress that has Wonder Woman's look and can act the part.For those hoping she would be Wonder Woman...sorry to disappoint you."

She looks better than Angelina.
#12 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio
War Killer said:
"Awwwwww, so did anyone ask her about She-Hulk?"
Don't know, don't care.  Keep this trick off of the superhero roles.
#13 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio
geometry said:
"White Mage said:
"G-Man said:
"

She looks better than Angelina."
That's debatable.  And why is she afraid of her anyways?  She didn't even give a rational explanation.
#14 Posted by geometry (1243 posts) - - Show Bio
White Mage said:
"geometry said:
"White Mage said:
"G-Man said:
"

That's debatable.  And why is she afraid of her anyways?  She didn't even give a rational explanation."

She's not anorexic, that's a plus. Women tend to look more appealing without their bones showing.
#15 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
joins in the hallelujah chorus
#16 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

but I have to say Wonder Woman is far hotter than Megan Fox will ever be, so her looks couldn't have even canceled out the bad acting in this role

#17 Posted by Nibiru (689 posts) - - Show Bio

Lucy Lawless would have been perfect.

#18 Posted by geometry (1243 posts) - - Show Bio
aztek the lost said:
"but I have to say Wonder Woman is far hotter than Megan Fox will ever be, so her looks couldn't have even canceled out the bad acting in this role"

I find your particular brand of crack very amusing.
#19 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio
geometry said:
"White Mage said:
"geometry said:
"White Mage said:
"G-Man said:
"

That's debatable.  And why is she afraid of her anyways?  She didn't even give a rational explanation."
She's not anorexic, that's a plus. Women tend to look more appealing without their bones showing."
Angelina's looks are far more exotic though.  Megan will, no doubt, end up butchering herself.  Either that, or time will do the job for her.  I can see now that she doesn't have features that are strong enough to last through to her older days.
#20 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
geometry said:
"aztek the lost said:
"but I have to say Wonder Woman is far hotter than Megan Fox will ever be, so her looks couldn't have even canceled out the bad acting in this role"
I find your particular brand of crack very amusing."
why thank you :D
#21 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man, you made my day.

Back to studying.

#22 Edited by War Killer (20105 posts) - - Show Bio
geometry said:
"aztek the lost said:
Translation - He means your joke was Funny!
#23 Posted by Gregomasta (333 posts) - - Show Bio

If I could re-word your first sentence g-man.

"I don't care what people say, there should not be a Wonder Woman movie."

#24 Posted by Nibiru (689 posts) - - Show Bio
Gregomasta said:
"If I could re-word your first sentence g-man.

"I don't care what people say, there should not be a Wonder Woman movie.""
Why's that, the animated movie was kick ass?
#25 Posted by geometry (1243 posts) - - Show Bio
Gregomasta said:

The Wondie Fanboys are gonna get you.
aztek the lost said:
"geometry said:
"aztek the lost said:
why thank you :D"

LMAO
#26 Posted by War Killer (20105 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmmmm I'm still waiting for the Flash Movie soooooooo...

#27 Posted by the Vica (1967 posts) - - Show Bio
G-Man said:

Angelina’s a powerful person and I bet she would eat me alive. I guess that is why I’m afraid of her.”"
LMAO

Angela will eat her... Hehe...
#28 Posted by geometry (1243 posts) - - Show Bio
War Killer said:
"Hmmmmm I'm still waiting for the Flash Movie soooooooo..."

It's gonna do even better than Dark Knight.
#29 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio
Gregomasta said:

When it obtains a ridiculous amount of box office success, I'll think back and laugh at you for this statement :P
#30 Posted by geometry (1243 posts) - - Show Bio

Did you supoort the Catwoman Movie?

#31 Posted by War Killer (20105 posts) - - Show Bio
geometry said:
"War Killer said:
It's gonna do even better than Dark Knight."
I want to believe that, but Dark Knight was really good, but it could if they do it right
#32 Posted by the Vica (1967 posts) - - Show Bio
War Killer said:
"geometry said:
"War Killer said:
It's gonna do even better than Dark Knight."
I want to believe that, but Dark Knight was really good, but it could if they do it right"
Well, I heard that Megan Fox might be up for the role of the Flash... So you never know...
#33 Posted by captainrage (249 posts) - - Show Bio

Who's next in line then?

#34 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio
geometry said:
"Did you supoort the Catwoman Movie?"
No, that was ridiculous. Had it been based on Jeph Loeb's Catwoman, then yes, I would have. But the plot was terrible. I don't know if this was directed at me or not, but I felt compelled to respond.
#35 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
Calvin said:
"pixelized said:
Let's track her down and kick her on the throat"
no no, she's just been misinformed about WW, she'll wake up one day.
#36 Posted by Calvin (3479 posts) - - Show Bio
the Vica said:
"Well, I heard that Megan Fox might be up for the role of the Flash... So you never know..."
Great ! =D
#37 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio
captainrage said:
"Who's next in line then?"
ohh pick me!
#38 Posted by War Killer (20105 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"Calvin said:
"pixelized said:
Let's track her down and kick her on the throat"
no no, she's just been misinformed about WW, she'll wake up one day."
Hmmmmmmmm
#39 Posted by Psychotime (623 posts) - - Show Bio

Bullet successfully dodged!

#40 Edited by Gregomasta (333 posts) - - Show Bio
Nibiru said:
"Gregomasta said:

Why's that, the animated movie was kick ass?"
I didn't see it, but I liked her in Justice League: The New Frontier; the point I'm making is both of those were animated cartoons, not live actors in a motion picture.

geometry said:
"Gregomasta said:

The Wondie Fanboys are gonna get you.
I mean no harm to Wonder Woman, she's a woman's woman.

Babs said:
"Gregomasta said:

When it obtains a ridiculous amount of box office success, I'll think back and laugh at you for this statement :P"
It could, and I stress could, be a box office success babs but at what cost?  Lot's of T&A?  Soft core girl on girl action?  Mud Wrestling?  Wet T-shirts?  Barely there outfits?  Bondage scene?  Hollywood would destroy Wonder Woman's virtues, and the movie would still be crap.  It's not like Christopher Nolan is rumor'd to direct/write the script.  I see there being a need for a Wonder Woman movie only if the rest of the League gets their own.

Edit: I'm not looking forward to being laughed at if I'm wrong.

#41 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio
Does the cross an thanks god

Thnk you my lord.
#42 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Last i heard, Megan Forx was definitely in the running for the Fathom movie, while Wonder Woman was still in pre-production hell

M

#43 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

I also dont know about Fathom,  ATM I cant come up with an actress to play Aspen well. SO in default she works for me since shes got a nice body i wouldnt mind seeing drenched in water LMAO

#44 Posted by Paragon (7293 posts) - - Show Bio

Victory! Celebrates with cake.

#45 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio
"Gregomasta said:

When it obtains a ridiculous amount of box office success, I'll think back and laugh at you for this statement :P"
It could, and I stress could, be a box office success babs but at what cost?  Lot's of T&A?  Soft core girl on girl action?  Mud Wrestling?  Wet T-shirts?  Barely there outfits?  Bondage scene?  Hollywood would destroy Wonder Woman's virtues, and the movie would still be crap.  It's not like Christopher Nolan is rumor'd to direct/write the script.  I see there being a need for a Wonder Woman movie only if the rest of the Leauge gets their own."
I couldn't tell if you have never read a WW comic in your life, or if you are just assuming that Hollywood would destroy the integrity of her character through bad direction.

1. WW is owned by Warner Brothers, and Time Warner. She is a staple of American culture. I highly doubt the WB would sabotage a character like that by throwing in elements you mentioned above that one would likely find in a National Lampoon movie.

2. WW is not only part of the league; she's part of the BIG 3. So Batman and Superman get their own films, but Wonder Woman has to wait until someone like Hal Jordan (gag me) gets a movie first?

It's about time a strong female superhero gets some big screen action. WB did JUST FINE with their Wonder Woman animated, written and directed by Bruce Timm; what makes you so sure they would mess up with a live action film?

All in all, if done correctly, Wonder Woman could be a fantastic film.
#46 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
Darkchild said:
"I also dont know about Fathom,  ATM I cant come up with an actress to play Aspen well. SO in default she works for me since shes got a nice body i wouldnt mind seeing drenched in water LMAO"
fathom shouldn't be made anyway... awful comic.
#47 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"Last i heard, Megan Forx was definitely in the running for the Fathom movie, while Wonder Woman was still in pre-production hellM"
She is.
#48 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"Darkchild said:
"I also dont know about Fathom,  ATM I cant come up with an actress to play Aspen well. SO in default she works for me since shes got a nice body i wouldnt mind seeing drenched in water LMAO"
fathom shouldn't be made anyway... awful comic."
I actually enjoyed it, havnt gotten past Volume 2 yet simply cause im reading a ton other comies.

Still if done right could be a really cool movie
#49 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio

Why so much Megan Fox hate? She's not very smart and not the greatest actress but people are acting like she came to their house,spit in their face,took a crap on their couch,stole their fridge,and then decapitated their parents.

#50 Edited by G-Man (31791 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Why so much Megan Fox hate? She's not very smart and not the greatest actress but people are acting like she came to their house,spit in their face,took a crap on their couch,stole their fridge,and then decapitated their parents."
I don't hate her myself.  I just think she's not right for Wonder Woman (or She-Hulk).  Aspen or some prostitute-type character from the old west, I can see.
Staff

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.