Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Good News: Wonder Woman Earth One

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jphulk26

Published Monday, Feb 11 2013, 10:16 GMT | By Hugh Armitage | Add comment

Recommend0

Tweet4

Submit

Grant Morrison has said that his Wonder Woman project is "nearing completion".

The Happy! writer has discussed his take on the character in his highly anticipated comic.

© DC Comics

© @grantmorrison

"I found a lot of new ways of looking at things because I'd gone back to read material that I'd written off," Morrison told SFX.

"Like Superman and Batman, Wonder Woman is one of the first characters so she comes without a lot of the assumptions that later superheroes come with."

Wonder Woman is often considered a challenging character to tackle.

Morrison is also working on the Multiversity project for DC Comics.

He recently revealed that his third Seaguy miniseries is moving ahead.> Grant Morrison's 'Seaguy' volume three moving ahead

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/comics/news/a457816/grant-morrisons-wonder-woman-nearing-completion.html#ixzz2KbHvsx6B

Follow us: @digitalspy on Twitter | digitalspyuk on Facebook

This is even more reason we for the sake of posterity that we Wonder Woman fans must demand that they release the book, as well as, complete actions on a movie or TV Show, so this wonderful inspirational characters legacy will remain for future generations.

Please join our twitter campaign and if you can think of any ways we can all communicate with DC more successfully, please let us know. See link below.

http://www.comicvine.com/wonder-woman/29-2048/vote-for-ww-on-justice-league-battle-forum-make-sure-she-wins/92-749335/#29

Skewer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Skewer

This is great news!

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jphulk26

@Skewer: I know right, hopefully he´s knocked it out of the park. He seems to have done his research. But there still is a chance DC won´t release it. They´ve done it before.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By gokuwarrior

animated series please,but a mature one,wonder woman needs to be on her own for a while and do things to get into awider audience.

Crucible248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Crucible248

Awesome to hear about WW earth one, I hope this happens and soon. An animated series for Wonder Woman would be great, I really love her rogues and this is a great way to get them out there for people to see since none are really being featured in comic form, except Cheetah of course. Tired of seeing Batman's rogues everywhere I look.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By lilben42

Has this been confirmed as Earth One.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jphulk26

@Crucible248 said:

Awesome to hear about WW earth one, I hope this happens and soon. An animated series for Wonder Woman would be great, I really love her rogues and this is a great way to get them out there for people to see since none are really being featured in comic form, except Cheetah of course. Tired of seeing Batman's rogues everywhere I look.

Yeah me to. I love Batman, but Wonder Woman has some great Rogues that need development. Who are your favorite WW Rogues? who do you want to see in Earth One. I´d like to see a darker update of Alkyone, Dr. Poison and Ares. I think the story could somehow revolve around all 3, with a cameo from Dr. Psycho.

@Crucible248:

No it hasn´t. Even more reason we need to let DC know that we want it. Cause somehow WW projects like this never seem to see the light of day. There´s an Earth One petition online somewhere as well. I think The Flash is overdue for Earth One treatement as well.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By lilben42

@gokuwarrior: Written by Paul Dini.

Crucible248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Crucible248

@jphulk26: I really like Cheetah, Circe, Dr. Poison, Dr. Cyber, Ares and I think Silver Swan could be updated and be a great foe for Diana again. I also consider Maxwell Lord as her enemy since she kinda killed him so there's a personal animosity on his end

If they are going to do Earth One tales then they should do them for the core League members don't just do two of them and then stop. A Flash one would be great.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By gokuwarrior

@lilben42: will he do a great job for wonder woman?.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By lilben42

@gokuwarrior: Probably he did Batman Arham Asylum and City Superman TAS, Batman TAS, Batman Beyond return of the joker, etc....

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.