Good News: Wonder Woman Earth One

#1 Posted by jphulk26 (1311 posts) - - Show Bio

Published Monday, Feb 11 2013, 10:16 GMT | By Hugh Armitage | Add comment

Recommend0

Tweet4

Submit

Grant Morrison has said that his Wonder Woman project is "nearing completion".

The Happy! writer has discussed his take on the character in his highly anticipated comic.

© DC Comics

© @grantmorrison

"I found a lot of new ways of looking at things because I'd gone back to read material that I'd written off," Morrison told SFX.

"Like Superman and Batman, Wonder Woman is one of the first characters so she comes without a lot of the assumptions that later superheroes come with."

Wonder Woman is often considered a challenging character to tackle.

Morrison is also working on the Multiversity project for DC Comics.

He recently revealed that his third Seaguy miniseries is moving ahead.> Grant Morrison's 'Seaguy' volume three moving ahead

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/comics/news/a457816/grant-morrisons-wonder-woman-nearing-completion.html#ixzz2KbHvsx6B

Follow us: @digitalspy on Twitter | digitalspyuk on Facebook

This is even more reason we for the sake of posterity that we Wonder Woman fans must demand that they release the book, as well as, complete actions on a movie or TV Show, so this wonderful inspirational characters legacy will remain for future generations.

Please join our twitter campaign and if you can think of any ways we can all communicate with DC more successfully, please let us know. See link below.

http://www.comicvine.com/wonder-woman/29-2048/vote-for-ww-on-justice-league-battle-forum-make-sure-she-wins/92-749335/#29

#2 Posted by Skewer (325 posts) - - Show Bio

This is great news!

#3 Posted by jphulk26 (1311 posts) - - Show Bio

@Skewer: I know right, hopefully he´s knocked it out of the park. He seems to have done his research. But there still is a chance DC won´t release it. They´ve done it before.

#4 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

animated series please,but a mature one,wonder woman needs to be on her own for a while and do things to get into awider audience.

#5 Posted by Crucible248 (25 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome to hear about WW earth one, I hope this happens and soon. An animated series for Wonder Woman would be great, I really love her rogues and this is a great way to get them out there for people to see since none are really being featured in comic form, except Cheetah of course. Tired of seeing Batman's rogues everywhere I look.

#6 Posted by lilben42 (2498 posts) - - Show Bio

Has this been confirmed as Earth One.

#7 Posted by jphulk26 (1311 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crucible248 said:

Awesome to hear about WW earth one, I hope this happens and soon. An animated series for Wonder Woman would be great, I really love her rogues and this is a great way to get them out there for people to see since none are really being featured in comic form, except Cheetah of course. Tired of seeing Batman's rogues everywhere I look.

Yeah me to. I love Batman, but Wonder Woman has some great Rogues that need development. Who are your favorite WW Rogues? who do you want to see in Earth One. I´d like to see a darker update of Alkyone, Dr. Poison and Ares. I think the story could somehow revolve around all 3, with a cameo from Dr. Psycho.

@Crucible248:

No it hasn´t. Even more reason we need to let DC know that we want it. Cause somehow WW projects like this never seem to see the light of day. There´s an Earth One petition online somewhere as well. I think The Flash is overdue for Earth One treatement as well.

#8 Posted by lilben42 (2498 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior: Written by Paul Dini.

#9 Posted by Crucible248 (25 posts) - - Show Bio

@jphulk26: I really like Cheetah, Circe, Dr. Poison, Dr. Cyber, Ares and I think Silver Swan could be updated and be a great foe for Diana again. I also consider Maxwell Lord as her enemy since she kinda killed him so there's a personal animosity on his end

If they are going to do Earth One tales then they should do them for the core League members don't just do two of them and then stop. A Flash one would be great.

#10 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@lilben42: will he do a great job for wonder woman?.

#11 Posted by lilben42 (2498 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior: Probably he did Batman Arham Asylum and City Superman TAS, Batman TAS, Batman Beyond return of the joker, etc....

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.