gods in WW new 52

#1 Edited by Nightflash (713 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one who think some gods look kinda lame in WWs book. Dont get me wrong, its one of my favorite comics but im wondering if others share my opinion.

#2 Posted by Black_Claw (2975 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely, I'm especially angry with Ares design in the new 52. I mean come on, this dude is supposed to be the God of War and he just looks like a regular old man you'd see in a bar. There's nothing remotely intimidating about him at all.

#3 Posted by Bruxae (13691 posts) - - Show Bio

Im a pretty new reader so cant say I have much to compare too, but I like most of them, I admit some of them is pretty bad though.

As with Ares mentioned above, I just assumed the current look was a placeholder or something, thats dissapointing.

#4 Posted by SmashBrawler (5654 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the designs are fantastic. They're really unique, which makes them stand out much more from all those other interpretations of the Greek gods out there. And they're quite clever as well.

Definitely, I'm especially angry with Ares design in the new 52. I mean come on, this dude is supposed to be the God of War and he just looks like a regular old man you'd see in a bar. There's nothing remotely intimidating about him at all.

That's the point, he's a God. He doesn't need to look intimidating, he has nothing to prove, he just is. Plus, he does have another design. It looks like the Gods have two designs: a civilian attire they use to walk among mortals and a "true form" we rarely see.

#5 Posted by darknightspideyfanboy (1231 posts) - - Show Bio

@smashbrawler: i think just like Zeus they can choose what ever form they want

#6 Edited by Nightflash (713 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by darknightspideyfanboy (1231 posts) - - Show Bio

@nightflash: naw his alive he proly doesnt care about what going on earth at the moment he'll proly be back when the 1st born(kratos lol) does some crazy shit

#8 Posted by Pokeysteve (8259 posts) - - Show Bio

Ares used to look so bad ass! Demeter looks good though. I think she's the only one I like the design of. Still hate what they did with them.

#9 Posted by noj (1083 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the designs for the most part. My favorites are Hermes, Ares, Apollo, and Demeter. My least favorites are Hades and Poseidon

#10 Posted by cloudzackvincent (1028 posts) - - Show Bio

the designs are great..... and they are unique and a fresh breath compared to the other typical representation of the Olympians in popular culture, there design is much more in line with Neil Gaiman's Endless which i personally dig.

#11 Posted by arnoldoaad (1007 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one who think some gods look kinda lame in WWs book. Dont get me wrong, its one of my favorite comics but im wondering if others share my opinion.

Even the worst designs of the gods are way better than the old gods

It is not just any dude
Is Brian Azzarello

No kidding, this picture actually comes from Dccomics.com

I think the designs are fantastic. They're really unique, which makes them stand out much more from all those other interpretations of the Greek gods out there. And they're quite clever as well.

@black_claw said:

That's the point, he's a God. He doesn't need to look intimidating, he has nothing to prove, he just is. Plus, he does have another design. It looks like the Gods have two designs: a civilian attire they use to walk among mortals and a "true form" we rarely see.

exactly, they are extremely conceptualized as to what they represent

#12 Posted by SNascimento (441 posts) - - Show Bio

They are perfect.

#13 Edited by WDW (1514 posts) - - Show Bio

I think all the Gods are perfect for the story.

#14 Posted by seekquaze (612 posts) - - Show Bio

Speaking of their looks. I can see the reasoning for nearly all of the redesigns except for Hades. Why is he a kid with semi-melted candles on his head? I cannot think of anything related to his mythology or godly responsibilities that would relate to that.

#15 Posted by Wboy (442 posts) - - Show Bio

I think everyone of them that look pretty much look human should have an alternate form.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.