Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8807 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Goddess Trinity

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I came up with a new idea of a powerful femme fatale :)

I present the Goddess Trinity and the members are Wonder Woman, Cheetah, and Circe

This new team will dominate the forums *evil laugh* lol

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

WW, Cheetah, and Circe?

Lol I like this team-up.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay ... let's develop this idea then! How do you envision this triad? WW = Sun, Cheetah = Moon, Circe = Stars? I can't really see Maiden, Mother, Crone with these three but perhaps something like Kali who is a source of female power/principle, destruction and recreation.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By SaintWildcard

... wut?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

If the idea is to create new teams with WW related characters here is one:

How about gathering all of the various 'just human' adversaries that Diana has accumulated over the years and just make them part of one massive organisation ala Marvel's Hydra, with one clear leader (like Paula von Gunter) and a bunch of would-be successors that try and help her one moment and try to take over the other (all constantly backstabbing each other in the name of ambition).

Roll call, leaders:

• Paula von Gunter, founder and current leader.
    • Dr. Poison, head of biology division
    • The Mask, head of covert operations
    • Dr. Cyber, head of tech-division

Auxiliaries:

• Veronica Cale, pseudo-public face of the organisation (imagine it two-faced)
    • Alkyone, rogue Amazon, personal assassin to Gunter.
    • Osira, magical consultant
    • 'Queen' Clea: Atlantean rebel with ties to the Ocean Master, frequent collaborator
    • Giganta, often hired muscle

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: poor Paula! No matter that in every continuity she's appeared in she has reformed and become an ally to WW we always throw her to the top of the list for villains :). But I do like your team set up.

Pricilla Rich should be in here too ... Perhaps head of Socialite affairs :)

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: Well, I do find Paula to be a historicallty problematic character for the Wonder Woman mythos because of what Marston used her for. It's kinda the same thing a character like the Punisher faces; whats the point of trying to make a rogue's gallery of foes if they are just going to be either killed at the end of the story or reformed into a friend? I know there is a significant point to Marston having reformation Island and all that, but that island vanished with COIE along with Paula and haven't been seen since. Rucka even replaced Paula as the Amazons tech-support with Io the smith.

That aside, Paula is the only actual Nazi that people remember Diana faced in times past. So I thought she'd be like Adolf, a powerful speaker that knows how to manipulate huge groups of people into doing as she wishes, so she would be the one that supplied the manpower. (If we want to talk powers, perhaps we could see her as a female General Immortus.)

In regards to Priscilla... well my idea is primarily around characters that haven't appeared in the New 52 yet, and Priscilla was revealed to just be a covert ID for Cheetah. (Unlike the Helena Betenilli/Wayne mix up, I dont imagine a real Priscialla would have been allowed to survive the current Cheetah's taking her ID. Also, as the Socialite she would be encroaching on Cale :)

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How about gathering all of the various 'just human' adversaries that Diana has accumulated over the years and just make them part of one massive organisation ala Marvel's Hydra, with one clear leader (like Paula von Gunter) and a bunch of would-be successors that try and help her one moment and try to take over the other (all constantly backstabbing each other in the name of ambition).

Roll call, leaders:

Auxiliaries:

• 'Queen' Clea: Atlantean rebel with ties to the Ocean Master, frequent collaborator

Personally I think they should just bring back Villainy Inc as a Hydra like organization. Have it being founded by Baroness Von Gunther, Queen Clea, and Eviless during WW2. Von Gunther the Nazi spy specializing in occult science, Clea the ex-queen banished from Atlantis, and with Eviless the bondage clad alien slave trader (maybe just simplify her to being a vampire or something like that).

Fast forward to modern time, and the triumvirate is still in charge. Von Gunther has kept herself alive and young with occult science, Queen Clea is showing her age, but still alive, and kicking thanks the the extended life spans of Atlantians (I have no idea if that's a thing), and whatever race Eviless is would be relatively immortal.

Like you said the ranks would be filled out with a lot of the villains who have fallen out of continuity, and into obscurity. I'd rather see big villains like Circe, Cheetah, and Doctor Cyber keep their own autonomous roles as villains. I don't think it needs to be limited to only Wonder Woman villains either. Any female DC villains, or anti-heroes who have fallen into obscurity could be included, but even just using the Wonder Woman ones still makes a pretty well fleshed out group.

In one of the first arcs there is a que in the group. Basically Wonder Woman is trying to control the collateral damage as the members of the Triumvirate battle it out. At the end Eviless is kicked out of the organization, and Veronica Cale steps up to take her place. After this I could see the group being spined off as it's own title with Evilless being the primary antagonist.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muffin_sangria: Reason why I didn't name this group was that at first I didn't want to use something that nearly already exists, like Hydra or Leviathan... not sure if any organisation is called 'Kraken' yet, but I wouldn be surprised and DC has actively tried to rename Kobra. I ignored Villany Inc. simply because it's a name no one could or should take seriously, its the kind of name you expect to be run by Dr. Evil when you are gearing it to be run by someone vaguely similar to the Red Skull.

While it is a tried old cliché, I suppose I have to admit that Nazi occult rituals/experiements was an option I was thinking about to explain how a woman from WWII could still be youthful in 2015. Given time, I'd rather go the route of various other immortals that just happened to sympathize with the Nazi ideology, but had been around for longer than the idea. Or alternatively, you could, as you suggested for Eviless, make her a vampire that's just kept herself mostly under the radar (she could have been the Blood Countress for instance).

In regards to Eviless herself... well, I kinda have the same problem with her as I do Villany Inc.: the name, and if you change that, whats the point? The other criteria (other than the bondage aspect) is pretty much all found in Blackfire. (Ok, W/P did pretty much have Starfire enslaved to her, so maybe she is actually spot on). Alternatively, bring back the crazy martian lady from brightest day (D'Kay). An alien addition would be fine actually, I just couldn't remember any :) (Wasn't there also one on Venus that strapped Diana to a chariot at one point?)

Just in regards to Dr. Cyber; I wouldn't call her a big name villain any more than I would Dr. Poison because of how little they actually appeared in the post-COIE era.

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: I guess I like keeping the same name. Maybe they started out with a different name like "The Villainy Syndicate" then after Veronica Cale took a much larger role in the group she changed it to Villainy Incorporated. I guess Eviless is a bit of an issue. That's kinda why my idea had her removed from the group in the modern time. I guess maybe she could use a second name as well. If she is an alien it might be best to change her from being from Saturn to being from a currently existing alien race, or like I said just scrap that and make her a vampire.

For Doctor Cyber you're right that she isn't a big villain anymore. I think she could play a more prominent role though if given a chance. For instance there is the theory that Casandra will eventually dawn the mask and become the Doctor Cyber of the New 52. On the other hand I don't really see villains like Doctor Poison, or Blue Snowman as having the potential for being turned back into central rouges on their own.

wonderfan409

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Roll call, leaders:

Auxiliaries:

im loving this :)

Personally I think they should just bring back Villainy Inc as a Hydra like organization. Have it being founded by Baroness Von Gunther, Queen Clea, and Eviless during WW2. Von Gunther the Nazi spy specializing in occult science, Clea the ex-queen banished from Atlantis, and with Eviless the bondage clad alien slave trader (maybe just simplify her to being a vampire or something like that).

Fast forward to modern time, and the triumvirate is still in charge. Von Gunther has kept herself alive and young with occult science, Queen Clea is showing her age, but still alive, and kicking thanks the the extended life spans of Atlantians (I have no idea if that's a thing), and whatever race Eviless is would be relatively immortal.

Like you said the ranks would be filled out with a lot of the villains who have fallen out of continuity, and into obscurity. I'd rather see big villains like Circe, Cheetah, and Doctor Cyber keep their own autonomous roles as villains. I idon't think it needs to be limted to only Wonder Woman villains either. Any female DC villains, or anti-heroes who have fallen into obscurity could be included, but even just using the Wonder Woman ones still makes a pretty well fleshed out group.

In one of the first arcs there is a que in the group. Basically Wonder Woman is trying to control the collateral damage as the members of the Triumvirate battle it out. At the end Eviless is kicked out of the organization, and Veronica Cale steps up to take her place. After this I could see the group being spined off as it's own title with Evilless being the primary antagonist.

nice...........but i think it would be better if it only had ww badies............dont wanna turn the team into some other hero's rouges.........just saying

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.