Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8805 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

God of War Powered

MidnightKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

We know that the God of War is powered by war, but is it just that? Does it have to be county vs county or do other conflicts count? What about a gang war? Would that count? What about a war of drugs or a war on terror? Police shootouts? School wide fights? What is enough conflict to power the God of War?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

I dont think it's 'powered by' and more 'embodiment/physical representation of' war.

I think War is simply just the grandest form of what she represents: struggle, of any kind. In a way it's kinda like Storm and Thor over at Marvel, they control all kinds of weather but take names after some of the more impressive features... so we haven't ended up with Drizzle and God of It's a bit Windy.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We know that the God of War is powered by war, but is it just that? Does it have to be county vs county or do other conflicts count? What about a gang war? Would that count? What about a war of drugs or a war on terror? Police shootouts? School wide fights? What is enough conflict to power the God of War?

I would think so. I've always thought you could go balls to the wall with Ares powers and persona in a wonder woman movie. I would have him have mastery of weapons, technopathy over modern weapons of war, mastery of strategy, connection to psychic energies of war, and ability to raise the souls of dead warriors. I think that would be a unique power-set for a DC villain.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@jphulk26 said:
    @midnightknight said:

I would think so. I've always thought you could go balls to the wall with Ares powers and persona in a wonder woman movie. I would have him have mastery of weapons, technopathy over modern weapons of war, mastery of strategy, connection to psychic energies of war, and ability to raise the souls of dead warriors. I think that would be a unique power-set for a DC villain.

Raising souls of dead warriors is definitely outside of the domain of War and in the domain of death.

MidnightKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: God of War is powered by the "psychic energy" generated by war. Besides I dont thinks Area can be the embodiment of war as he is not the only god of war. And wars on other planets doesn't power him. Wouldn't Destruction of the Endless truely embody war throughoutthe universe?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@midnightknight: That hasn't really be the case for nearly 30 years now. In the New 52 he may well be, we haven't been shown other war gods, and who is to say they aren't Ares when viewed by other eyes?

No, because Destruction embodies destruction itself; burning buildings, exploding shells, smashing of heads and so on. Ares embodies the struggle that leads to them. Hence why the Greeks called Destruction 'Olethros' and maintained him seperate from Ares and his chariot.

MidnightKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: But war itself is a very destructive act. It destroys land, bodies, and lives.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: But war itself is a very destructive act. It destroys land, bodies, and lives.

But it isnt a given.

Agent_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent_z said:

@outside_85: It actually kind of is.

A war of word?

Also there was a war in Europe some time where an army invaded one of its neighbors but left after a few hours with a friend they made while there.

But I think you are looking at this as war being a by-word for a battle?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.