God of War

#1 Posted by AwesomeQ9876 (16 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey, I was wondering how people felt about Wonder Woman bring the Nee God of War. What do you think she will be able to do ? What do u like or not like about it? Will she be a new level of awesome or a time we look back and say "well crap."

#2 Edited by Reactor (2491 posts) - - Show Bio

She's finally a full-blown goddess... personally? I couldn't be happier, and just hope this is here to stay, and that she starts getting more godly powers.

#3 Posted by kgb725 (6440 posts) - - Show Bio

Only time will tell

#4 Posted by Super-Wonder (97 posts) - - Show Bio

Has she accepted the mantle yet or is it a status that she has regardless of weather or not she wants it?

#5 Edited by Muffin_Sangria (551 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I like that Wonder Woman hasn't embraced it. I'm not sure if her reasons for rejecting the seat are the ones I want her to have though.

#6 Posted by Lvenger (19140 posts) - - Show Bio

Despite the nay sayers, this is probably one of the most golden, unique and vibrant Wonder Woman arcs to date. Definitely worthwhile for Wonder Woman's history.

#7 Posted by AwesomeQ9876 (16 posts) - - Show Bio

@super-wonder: It is a status she has regardless of choice. She has already been acknowledged as war.

#8 Posted by AwesomeQ9876 (16 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Edited by darknightspideyfanboy (1226 posts) - - Show Bio

i cant wait for her to fully accept the role as god of war

#11 Posted by AwesomeQ9876 (16 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by darknightspideyfanboy (1226 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by Reactor (2491 posts) - - Show Bio

@reactor: Like what?

Almost anything, I'm open to creative design in this regard. While I am partial to her actually being able to manifest magical powers like Loki or Circe or something, I just want her to feel more like a goddess and less like a tank. Diversity, I guess is what I'm getting at.

#14 Posted by WonderWomanFan8 (219 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally, I don't like the idea of her being the God of War at all. I don't think it adds anything noteworthy to her character. It also makes it seems that Diana has to occupy some kind of "divine" role in order to be considered a real threat to anyone. Diana has achieved divinity before, and she fell from that position. Honestly, I hope she's demoted again. At this point, it may be more interesting if she were no more powerful than her amazon sisters.

#15 Posted by divingfalcon713 (282 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it. Even if she doesn't get new powers, it gives a new layer to her dichotomy as a warrior who tries to teach peace.

#16 Posted by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2218 posts) - - Show Bio

I glad she has the position but hopefully Ares isn't gone forever.

#17 Posted by WonderWomanFan8 (219 posts) - - Show Bio

I glad she has the position but hopefully Ares isn't gone forever.

Yeah, just bring Ares back from hell, let him get his old position back and restore balance. Diana's purpose isn't to be the God of War.

#18 Posted by ClarkKent12 (133 posts) - - Show Bio

So like Ares, will her power be determined by the amount of conflict within the realm?.. This could be interesting folks.

#19 Posted by cloudzackvincent (1026 posts) - - Show Bio

i think its an interesting development

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.