Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8805 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Gina Carano As Wonder Woman? Worst Than Batfleck

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Gina Carano As Wonder Woman? Worst Than Batfleck (26 votes)

Gina Carano 23%
    Other 77%

• 
    evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By evilvegeta74

Worse if that's possible! Actually they are both equally bad!

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3255e75dae4
    deactivated-5e3255e75dae4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

We haven't seen Afleck play Batman yet, so we don't know how good or bad he is. How about people watch the damn movie before they judge.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

@gor724 said:

We haven't seen Afleck play Batman yet, so we don't know how good or bad he is. How about people watch the damn movie before they judge.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gor724 said:

Because I´ve been reading the character since I was a kid. Affleck doesn´t look, sound, feel, give off the vibe, smile, smell, like anything I´ve ever read of Batman or ever will. But having said that Carano is worse. Ben has the slimmest possibilty of surprising us by acting. Carano, is like casting Kevin Smith as Batman. Her look is completely out of place for the character. Oh and she can´t act.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

sooo hooottttt

Avatar image for marionettegeist
    Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Marionettegeist
    @gor724 said:

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

So want Ben to do well in the film so I can tell u that I told u so.

SNascimento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Casting her would be beyond terrible.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
    RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Ben Affleck as Batman is not a bad choice...

MPfly88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People complained when:

Keaton was cast as Batman

Hatheway was cast as Catwoman

Ledger was cast as Joker

And they were all received well.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By dshipp17

I always say this in similar threads, but my girl for a live action Wonder Woman film, or better still, a Wonder Woman tv series, is Erica Cerra. I'm going to try to see if I can script something, starring Erica Cerra as Wonder Woman. I'm not knocking Gina Carano, but I've recommended Erica Cerra for about a year before Gina Carano was recommended by some at cbr. I understand the push for Gina Carano, because she's a MMA athlete who entered into acting.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

Gina Caranno isn't that good of an actress but there are far more worse choices than her.

And for f***'s sake people at least reserve your judgement for Ben Affleck until the film comes out. Besides, don't you remember when everybody whined about Heath Ledger playing the Joker? Look how that turned out.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17 said:

I always say this in similar threads, but my girl for a live action Wonder Woman film, or better still, a Wonder Woman tv series, is Erica Cerra. I'm going to try to see if I can script something, starring Erica Cerra as Wonder Woman. I'm not knocking Gina Carano, but I've recommended Erica Cerra for about a year before Gina Carano was recommended by some at cbr. I understand the push for Gina Carano, because she's a MMA athlete who entered into acting.

Erica Cerra, infinitely better choice just from looks. But what has she been in? Can she act.

I also think Michelle Monaghan could play her, maybe too old. She´s in kiss kiss bang bang with Robert Downey Jr.

Loading Video...

Lauren Cohan from the walking dead would be a great choice for a younger Diana. Brilliant actress. Right age.

Allison Williams from Girls could be good if she can do a convincing European accent. Again good age. I think they should go for a Wonder Woman in her early 20s and let the person grow into the role personally. I also think there´s alot of TV talent to tap into.

Allison Williams July 2012.jpg

Bogey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's appropriate to deaden any rumors of Gina Carano since she is no longer dating Cavill.

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MetH cannot empHasize How mucH He wants to see tHe fanboys eat tHeir words witH sweet tears of being wrong about Affleck.

MetH isn't even a fan of Affleck but MetH learned How wrong He was about HeatH Leadger playing THe Joker. MetH always loved HeatH Ledger on KnigHts Tale but could not see Him as Joker.

MetH learned tHe error of His ways but tHese damn Batfangirls Have NOT.

-ABstract4$$#073-

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jphulk26

@m3th said:

MetH cannot empHasize How mucH He wants to see tHe fanboys eat tHeir words witH sweet tears of being wrong about Affleck.

MetH isn't even a fan of Affleck but MetH learned How wrong He was about HeatH Leadger playing THe Joker. MetH always loved HeatH Ledger on KnigHts Tale but could not see Him as Joker.

MetH learned tHe error of His ways but tHese damn Batfangirls Have NOT.

-ABstract4$$#073-

I didn´t think heath was a bad choice for Joker. He can act.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By dshipp17

@jphulk26 said:

@dshipp17 said:

Erica Cerra, infinitely better choice just from looks. But what has she been in? Can she act.

I also think Michelle Monaghan could play her, maybe too old. She´s in kiss kiss bang bang with Robert Downey Jr.

Loading Video...

Lauren Cohan from the walking dead would be a great choice for a younger Diana. Brilliant actress. Right age.

Allison Williams from Girls could be good if she can do a convincing European accent. Again good age. I think they should go for a Wonder Woman in her early 20s and let the person grow into the role personally. I also think there´s alot of TV talent to tap into.

Erica Cerra starred in the tv series Eureka. I think Cerra can really act, if she's scripted properly. Cerra is really good in light humor stuff and that's why I believe that she'd be perfect in this particular Wonder Woman tv series. I image, Dr. Psycho and her would start off as enemies, in a similar mold as Dr. Psycho and Wonder Woman in the Silver Age, they'd eventually worm up to each other, after she learns how Dr. Psycho feels about her, than Dr. Psycho would assist Wonder Woman in her battles by using his telepathy on Wonder Woman's foes, as she encounters them, at really perilous instances for Wonder Woman, in a split second, and Wonder Woman, of course, would always eventually come off on top. Of course, Wonder Woman would never know she's being assisted by Dr. Psycho, at least through the first and second seasons. But, Dr. Psycho and Wonder Woman would be very close friends away from the superhero stuff.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17 said:

@jphulk26 said:

@dshipp17 said:

Loading Video...

Erica Cerra starred in the tv series Eureka. I think Cerra can really act, if she's scripted properly. Cerra is really good in light humor stuff and that's why I believe that she'd be perfect in this particular Wonder Woman tv series. I image, Dr. Psycho and her would start off as enemies, in a similar mold as Dr. Psycho and Wonder Woman in the Silver Age, they'd eventually worm up to each other, after she learns how Dr. Psycho feels about her, than Dr. Psycho would assist Wonder Woman in her battles by using his telepathy on Wonder Woman's foes, as she encounters them, at really perilous instances for Wonder Woman, in a split second, and Wonder Woman, of course, would always eventually come off on top. Of course, Wonder Woman would never know she's being assisted by Dr. Psycho, at least through the first and second seasons. But, Dr. Psycho and Wonder Woman would be very close friends away from the superhero stuff.

that could really work for dr. psycho. I still think he should continue to torment her, but secretly be saving her at key moments without her knowing. It could be a big reveal at the end of season 5, when he dies. I think that would be the way to go, have them gain more of an understanding and her begin to care about him, but ultimately have to stop him. Then he somehow dies and we realize that he was the one that saved her from some massive threat. The whole thing was a mystery up until that point, good take.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26 said:

@dshipp17 said:

@jphulk26 said:

@dshipp17 said:

Loading Video...

that could really work for dr. psycho. I still think he should continue to torment her, but secretly be saving her at key moments without her knowing. It could be a big reveal at the end of season 5, when he dies. I think that would be the way to go, have them gain more of an understanding and her begin to care about him, but ultimately have to stop him. Then he somehow dies and we realize that he was the one that saved her from some massive threat. The whole thing was a mystery up until that point, good take.

Well, we'll have to reach some compromise there, because Dr. Psycho just has to be friends with Wonder Woman; good addition. I guess one compromise would be a heroic death for Dr. Psycho in season 5, where Wonder Woman discovers that Dr. Psycho had been assisting her for quite some time. Dr. Psycho can be a good tormentor at the time they're still foes. Also, as another idea, it just occurred to me that Stephanie Courtney would make a good Wonder Woman, also.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17: Pictures man. Pictures. I certainly like Dr. Psycho having that role. But I just think he´s to twisted to straight up just help her. I see him turning from straight sick ass villain to somewhere between anti-hero and villain. He uses terrible methods sometimes even homicidal to keep wonder woman safe in certain situations, but then finally Wonder Woman gets through to him and he sacrifices himself to save the city, when WW is about to, because he knows the city needs her more than him. something like that.

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
    deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gor724 said:

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gor724 said:

why do people keep repeating this. we get the point, I don´t care anymore, I´m just not watching the movie. Ben Affleck will never be Batman for me.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By dshipp17

@jphulk26 said:

@dshipp17: Pictures man. Pictures. I certainly like Dr. Psycho having that role. But I just think he´s to twisted to straight up just help her. I see him turning from straight sick ass villain to somewhere between anti-hero and villain. He uses terrible methods sometimes even homicidal to keep wonder woman safe in certain situations, but then finally Wonder Woman gets through to him and he sacrifices himself to save the city, when WW is about to, because he knows the city needs her more than him. something like that.

You have a very negative opinion of Dr. Psycho, much more negative than I think is warranted; which issues starring Dr. Psycho did you read? From there, what in those issues help form your opinion about Dr. Psycho? Dr. Psycho has never been homicidal, whatsoever; Dr. Psycho is not someone who enjoys killing people; Dr. Psycho has only directly killed once and that was someone who tormented and than framed him. what you're talking about is a character like Joker. As I originally said, this Dr. Psycho is the Silver Age version, perhaps even the Golden age version; but, even the modern version doesn't evoke those feelings, at least the pre-52 version doesn't. The current New-52 version may be just a character with the Dr. Psycho name attached to him.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@mpfly88 said:

People complained when:

As they should have.

As they should have.

Ledger was cast as Joker

I'll give you that one.

Not from where I stood.

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26: YeaH MetH can never find a HeatH Ledger naysayer, even tHougH MetH remembers He was not alone.

Apparently all tHe HeatH naysayers disappeared. MetH posted on the previous post tHat He liked HeatH Ledger a lot. MetH tHougHt He was great on A KnigHts Tale, wHicH is one of MetH's favorite movies.

MetH will not lie tHougH tHat tHe news of HeatH being casted of Joker botHered Him. MetH was totally wrong, MetH will admit tHat.

June'sVeryOwn

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

Gina Carano is super hot and very charming.... That's all I can vouch for though o.o

WhineHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think Gina Carano is a good choice. I saw her in Haywire, and while the movie was entertaining, I wasn't all that impressed by her acting. She comes off as very stoic, but that could have been the character she was playing too. I'd much prefer seeing a rather unknown actress as Diana. Regardless of who it is, the actress has to be physically imposing, beautiful, and extremely talented .

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By jphulk26

M3th @ I will give you my youtube, my username, if you can find anywhere where you find me dissing Heath Ledger I swear I´ll give you $ 2000. I´m not even joking. If i´m honest, I was kind of miffed by it, but more from the sense of who didn´t get the job. But I had no idea whether he´d be good or not. I was just excited by the idea of Sean Penn playing Joker.

I wasn´t even concerned about Anne Hathaway as I´d seen her do some brilliant work in Indie Movies. Though I don´t think she was that great and in fact the majority was right, she did her absolute best, but the role didn´t suit her, in the sense of we wanted an improvement on Michelle and she was nowhere near as memorable as Michelle was.

But the people I was concerned about I´ll tell you in order:

I didn´t like George Clooney as Batman, any of the X-Men cast when they were announced including and especially Halle Berry (still think those movies are overrated, but I was wrong about Jackman), Ryan as Green Lantern (Although I think he did an alright job, but thats because he pretty much looks like a cut out from the comic) who else? I can´t remember now, but basically I would admit if I was a Ledger naysayer. I just wasn´t. There is a very specific reason I don´t like Ben as Batman and thats because he´s very specific type of actor that I don´t see disappear into roles. Thats the reason and only reason. I´m gonna see Ben Affleck pretending to be Batman instead of Batman. Thats ok when roles are written with Ben in mind, but he can´t play characters, that´s why to date he hasn´t had a career defining performance like his peers.

As for gina, she does not look like Wonder Woman and can´t be made to. It´s not a matter of her acting ability which is also not up to par, but she really doesn´t look like the character.

@dshipp17 said:

@jphulk26 said:

You have a very negative opinion of Dr. Psycho, much more negative than I think is warranted; which issues starring Dr. Psycho did you read? From there, what in those issues help form your opinion about Dr. Psycho? Dr. Psycho has never been homicidal, whatsoever; Dr. Psycho is not someone who enjoys killing people; Dr. Psycho has only directly killed once and that was someone who tormented and than framed him. what you're talking about is a character like Joker. As I originally said, this Dr. Psycho is the Silver Age version, perhaps even the Golden age version; but, even the modern version doesn't evoke those feelings, at least the pre-52 version doesn't. The current New-52 version may be just a character with the Dr. Psycho name attached to him.

Thats a problem with Dr. Psycho, he needs to be used better. I think he needs to be more homicidal in his love for and obsession with Wonder Woman as well as his general misogyny. Thats my take on the character. Although in Greg Ruckas run he did come across as a nasty little mind rapist. I remember he gave someone a telepathic suggestion like "its in your tongue, its making its way to your brain." I always loved that. I´d never seen a character in comics use that kind of psychological manipulation. Think like Inception. Imagine Dr. Psycho could plant a thought like that in your head. That´s how I see Dr. Psycho, plus driven by a hatred of women, of life and of an ordered world. In many ways he is akin to Joker, but with more of a psychological edge. Someone who could real F with your mind and mess you up. But yeah I liked Greg Ruckas take on him, but I don´t think he went far enough.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By dshipp17

@jphulk26 said:

M3th @ I will give you my youtube, my username, if you can find anywhere where you find me dissing Heath Ledger I swear I´ll give you $ 2000. I´m not even joking. If i´m honest, I was kind of miffed by it, but more from the sense of who didn´t get the job. But I had no idea whether he´d be good or not. I was just excited by the idea of Sean Penn playing Joker.

I wasn´t even concerned about Anne Hathaway as I´d seen her do some brilliant work in Indie Movies. Though I don´t think she was that great and in fact the majority was right, she did her absolute best, but the role didn´t suit her, in the sense of we wanted an improvement on Michelle and she was nowhere near as memorable as Michelle was.

But the people I was concerned about I´ll tell you in order:

I didn´t like George Clooney as Batman, any of the X-Men cast when they were announced including and especially Halle Berry (still think those movies are overrated, but I was wrong about Jackman), Ryan as Green Lantern (Although I think he did an alright job, but thats because he pretty much looks like a cut out from the comic) who else? I can´t remember now, but basically I would admit if I was a Ledger naysayer. I just wasn´t. There is a very specific reason I don´t like Ben as Batman and thats because he´s very specific type of actor that I don´t see disappear into roles. Thats the reason and only reason. I´m gonna see Ben Affleck pretending to be Batman instead of Batman. Thats ok when roles are written with Ben in mind, but he can´t play characters, that´s why to date he hasn´t had a career defining performance like his peers.

As for gina, she does not look like Wonder Woman and can´t be made to. It´s not a matter of her acting ability which is also not up to par, but she really doesn´t look like the character.

@dshipp17 said:

@jphulk26 said:

Thats a problem with Dr. Psycho, he needs to be used better. I think he needs to be more homicidal in his love for and obsession with Wonder Woman as well as his general misogyny. Thats my take on the character. Although in Greg Ruckas run he did come across as a nasty little mind rapist. I remember he gave someone a telepathic suggestion like "its in your tongue, its making its way to your brain." I always loved that. I´d never seen a character in comics use that kind of psychological manipulation. Think like Inception. Imagine Dr. Psycho could plant a thought like that in your head. That´s how I see Dr. Psycho, plus driven by a hatred of women, of life and of an ordered world. In many ways he is akin to Joker, but with more of a psychological edge. Someone who could real F with your mind and mess you up. But yeah I liked Greg Ruckas take on him, but I don´t think he went far enough.

The reason that I pointed to the Silver Age version of Dr. Psycho is that I wanted a more sympathetic version of him. I'd even go into his background before he took his current persona so that the audience can have a background and at least have a template to more closely judge him by. Wonder Woman will be starting as if she just arrived from Paradise Island. She'd be a little bit like the Frank Miller version. She'd be a fish out of water that wont take help voluntarily. Help will just have to find her, but she'll be left in an interesting predicament. This Wonder Woman will get very deeply into gender politics and that's why Dr. Psycho is the perfect rogue to use. Dr. Psycho will not be homicidal, but, just say, that his telepathy will work on Wonder Woman and she will have some very interesting dreams, even after she becomes friends with Dr. Psycho; I'd be really pushing the boundaries and see what they'll let me get away with; unlike the JMS/Hester run, Dr. Psycho will not be changing his form and being shameful of himself, although he does have self-esteem issues; because of Dr. Psycho, Wonder Woman will gradually break from her shell and accept help where needed, though she'll eventually keep kind of a rough edge, I guess like a mix between pre-crisis and post-crisis Wonder Woman. Part of the reason that they'll become friends is Dr. Psycho will come to understand Wonder Woman a lot better through reading her mind, but her thoughts will be brutally honest.

Although Dr. Psycho speaks with a misogynistic tongue, I don't consider him misogynistic, but, rather like someone who's never been in a relationship with a woman and has become resentful of women, as a result, the polar opposite of this, but of a similar mindset would be someone like Hera; she's become resentful of men because Zeus has cheated on her so often; however, I don't think she's misandry, even though she'll probably speak with a misandry tongue.

By the way, I liked Halle Berry as both Storm and Catwoman

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thefirstlantern
    TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No Caption Provided

I disagree.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17 said:

The reason that I pointed to the Silver Age version of Dr. Psycho is that I wanted a more sympathetic version of him. I'd even go into his background before he took his current persona so that the audience can have a background and at least have a template to more closely judge him by. Wonder Woman will be starting as if she just arrived from Paradise Island. She'd be a little bit like the Frank Miller version.

Really. Frank Miller inspires you for Wonder Woman?

She'd be a fish out of water that wont take help voluntarily. Help will just have to find her, but she'll be left in an interesting predicament. This Wonder Woman will get very deeply into gender politics and that's why Dr. Psycho is the perfect rogue to use. Dr. Psycho will not be homicidal, but, just say, that his telepathy will work on Wonder Woman and she will have some very interesting dreams, even after she becomes friends with Dr. Psycho; I'd be really pushing the boundaries and see what they'll let me get away with; unlike the JMS/Hester run, Dr. Psycho will not be changing his form and being shameful of himself, although he does have self-esteem issues; because of Dr. Psycho, Wonder Woman will gradually break from her shell and accept help where needed, though she'll eventually keep kind of a rough edge, I guess like a mix between pre-crisis and post-crisis Wonder Woman. Part of the reason that they'll become friends is Dr. Psycho will come to understand Wonder Woman a lot better through reading her mind, but her thoughts will be brutally honest.

Could work for TV, but personally these kind of villians just don´t interest me. Thats just my personal view. I never find them memorable.

This "Oh there just misunderstood." Or "There goodguys at heart who just got it wrong."

I personally think Dr. Psycho is too good and potentially deliciously wicked a villain for this personally. (remember personally, don´t be put off by what say) I mean he is Dr.PSYCHO.

Although Dr. Psycho speaks with a misogynistic tongue, I don't consider him misogynistic, but, rather like someone who's never been in a relationship with a woman

Personal view: if I wrote Dr. Psycho which I´m thinking of, he wouldn´t be a midget just a short strange looking man. (Possibly even with the potential of being oddly attractive, that´s possibly, not sure) I would have him not as a misogynist in the strict sense. He´d just say things that are kind of funny but your not supposed to laugh about women, just to piss wonder woman off. He´d be a genius psychologist, and expert in the field of neauroscience, whose working on some way of connecting minds through an A.I. neural network that he designed (part of a team, he being the expert on the mind). Some accident obviously that merges his mind with it somehow and gives him psychic and other abilities, but also drives him insane.

He should already have been on the edge of sanity before, and, I´d give him a history of violent behavior or outbursts as a youth.

But I would seriously amp down his sense of misogyny as a motive and that he didn´t get on with women. I always found that a weak motivation. what I´ve like most about the character is what I´ve seen him do and say, rather than the background and motivation he has.

What interests me is actually having this intelligent psycho. Driven insane. He´s always hearing voices, he can´t switch off his powerful mind, can´t put it to sleep and it drives him crazy. The fact he can´t read WW mind means around her is the only time he gets moments of clarity, around her the voices in his head finally switch off. In her Lasso he regains some sense of normality again and can see the world for what it is. I would make something like this what drives him to her, makes him love her, but his psychoses keeps making him do deadly, abnormal things to people.

Also I´d make it so that sometimes he can be near people and virtually drive them insane just by virtue of proximity, because his mind is so powerful but crazy that when people step in things get very weird.

His main obsession to getting to wonder woman then and why he will hurt people to get to her, is she is the only one who can make it stop. Calm the voices.

But I really don´t like him being sad and pathetic. Surely then he should just be called. Dr. Depressed.

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never liked her, if not a little in battlestar galactica. I don't think she'd be a good fit, but I only say this because I've never seen her act well.

So want Ben to do well in the film so I can tell u that I told u so.

So much this.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By dshipp17

@jphulk26 said:

@dshipp17 said:

The reason that I pointed to the Silver Age version of Dr. Psycho is that I wanted a more sympathetic version of him. I'd even go into his background before he took his current persona so that the audience can have a background and at least have a template to more closely judge him by. Wonder Woman will be starting as if she just arrived from Paradise Island. She'd be a little bit like the Frank Miller version.

She'd be a fish out of water that wont take help voluntarily. Help will just have to find her, but she'll be left in an interesting predicament. This Wonder Woman will get very deeply into gender politics and that's why Dr. Psycho is the perfect rogue to use. Dr. Psycho will not be homicidal, but, just say, that his telepathy will work on Wonder Woman and she will have some very interesting dreams, even after she becomes friends with Dr. Psycho; I'd be really pushing the boundaries and see what they'll let me get away with; unlike the JMS/Hester run, Dr. Psycho will not be changing his form and being shameful of himself, although he does have self-esteem issues; because of Dr. Psycho, Wonder Woman will gradually break from her shell and accept help where needed, though she'll eventually keep kind of a rough edge, I guess like a mix between pre-crisis and post-crisis Wonder Woman. Part of the reason that they'll become friends is Dr. Psycho will come to understand Wonder Woman a lot better through reading her mind, but her thoughts will be brutally honest.

Could work for TV, but personally these kind of villians just don´t interest me. Thats just my personal view. I never find them memorable.

This "Oh there just misunderstood." Or "There goodguys at heart who just got it wrong."

I personally think Dr. Psycho is too good and potentially deliciously wicked a villain for this personally. (remember personally, don´t be put off by what say) I mean he is Dr.PSYCHO.

Although Dr. Psycho speaks with a misogynistic tongue, I don't consider him misogynistic, but, rather like someone who's never been in a relationship with a woman

Personal view: if I wrote Dr. Psycho which I´m thinking of, he wouldn´t be a midget just a short strange looking man. (Possibly even with the potential of being oddly attractive, that´s possibly, not sure) I would have him not as a misogynist in the strict sense. He´d just say things that are kind of funny but your not supposed to laugh about women, just to piss wonder woman off. He´d be a genius psychologist, and expert in the field of neauroscience, whose working on some way of connecting minds through an A.I. neural network that he designed (part of a team, he being the expert on the mind). Some accident obviously that merges his mind with it somehow and gives him psychic and other abilities, but also drives him insane.

He should already have been on the edge of sanity before, and, I´d give him a history of violent behavior or outbursts as a youth.

But I would seriously amp down his sense of misogyny as a motive and that he didn´t get on with women. I always found that a weak motivation. what I´ve like most about the character is what I´ve seen him do and say, rather than the background and motivation he has.

What interests me is actually having this intelligent psycho. Driven insane. He´s always hearing voices, he can´t switch off his powerful mind, can´t put it to sleep and it drives him crazy. The fact he can´t read WW mind means around her is the only time he gets moments of clarity, around her the voices in his head finally switch off. In her Lasso he regains some sense of normality again and can see the world for what it is. I would make something like this what drives him to her, makes him love her, but his psychoses keeps making him do deadly, abnormal things to people.

Also I´d make it so that sometimes he can be near people and virtually drive them insane just by virtue of proximity, because his mind is so powerful but crazy that when people step in things get very weird.

His main obsession to getting to wonder woman then and why he will hurt people to get to her, is she is the only one who can make it stop. Calm the voices.

But I really don´t like him being sad and pathetic. Surely then he should just be called. Dr. Depressed.

I get you on Dr. Psycho's appearance; it's the strange looking part that's important, not his height; it's just keeping with the Wonder Woman atmosphere, or, it's like making whatever alterations you'd like to make to Wonder Woman, because you'd prefer she be Japanese instead of Greek. Also, Dr. Psycho is motivated because of his experiences with the opposite sex, so he says. Of course, sometimes people exaggerate, but people can also tend to downplay a trauma. I doubt every female to cross his path mocked him, but I sizable majority probably did. I'm empathetically drawn to Dr. Psycho because of his claimed experiences; however, if he were homicidal, to a large degree, than that changes everything; that just makes him a different character; and if he were just driven mad because his telepathy was out of control, that changes everything; and, if Wonder Woman had such will power that she could actually control this disorder for him, that changes everything. Basically, you're proposing something that's not Wonder Woman. Whether Dr. Psycho's telepathy could work on Wonder Woman has generally been an open question, before and a little after Perez, meaning the Perez stuff in this regard was an anomaly, and one that I'm extremely inclined to remove.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17 said:

@jphulk26 said:

@dshipp17 said:

I get you on Dr. Psycho's appearance; it's the strange looking part that's important, not his height; it's just keeping with the Wonder Woman atmosphere, or, it's like making whatever alterations you'd like to make to Wonder Woman, because you'd prefer she be Japanese instead of Greek. Also, Dr. Psycho is motivated because of his experiences with the opposite sex, so he says. Of course, sometimes people exaggerate, but people can also tend to downplay a trauma. I doubt every female to cross his path mocked him, but I sizable majority probably did. I'm empathetically drawn to Dr. Psycho because of his claimed experiences; however, if he were homicidal, to a large degree, than that changes everything; that just makes him a different character; and if he were just driven mad because his telepathy was out of control, that changes everything; and, if Wonder Woman had such will power that she could actually control this disorder for him, that changes everything. Basically, you're proposing something that's not Wonder Woman. Whether Dr. Psycho's telepathy could work on Wonder Woman has generally been an open question, before and a little after Perez, meaning the Perez stuff in this regard was an anomaly, and one that I'm extremely inclined to remove.

As I´ve said unfortunately I haven´t read enough. I haven´t read him in Perez, but I´d love to read Perez´s take on him. Which issues? Maybe I will see it from your point of view. My ideas (which to be honest, the above was made up on the spot, because the as of yet I´ve only written Alkyone and Ares. I really haven´t properly looked at Dr. Psycho yet) are based purely on Rucka and Simone in which he wasn´t a frequent villain. So I haven´t got much to go on. As I said I think its all about reading it and I´m not being critical of your idea. The great thing about villains is how playful you can be with them and there backstories. Joker has multiple, as does Braniac or Luthor. Villains I see more as devices depending on the story you are telling about the Superhero. Thats how I see it. Obviously you can´t corrupt the core concept, but in general I see all villains as something you can make your own to a certain extent. I would love to read more of your ideas, have you started writing a script? Let me know. But yeah we seem to have a very different idea in mind (no pun intended) for Dr. Psycho.

FlashKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 19

@mpfly88 said:

People complained when:

Ledger was cast as Joker

This

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By gokuwarrior

@jphulk26 said:

@dshipp17 said:

@jphulk26 said:

@dshipp17 said:

As I´ve said unfortunately I haven´t read enough. I haven´t read him in Perez, but I´d love to read Perez´s take on him. Which issues? Maybe I will see it from your point of view. My ideas (which to be honest, the above was made up on the spot, because the as of yet I´ve only written Alkyone and Ares. I really haven´t properly looked at Dr. Psycho yet) are based purely on Rucka and Simone in which he wasn´t a frequent villain. So I haven´t got much to go on. As I said I think its all about reading it and I´m not being critical of your idea. The great thing about villains is how playful you can be with them and there backstories. Joker has multiple, as does Braniac or Luthor. Villains I see more as devices depending on the story you are telling about the Superhero. Thats how I see it. Obviously you can´t corrupt the core concept, but in general I see all villains as something you can make your own to a certain extent. I would love to read more of your ideas, have you started writing a script? Let me know. But yeah we seem to have a very different idea in mind (no pun intended) for Dr. Psycho.

don't waste time with the user "dshipp17",he thinks that massner-loeb is the best run from wonder woman,LOL!,and he spent a lot of time trying to argue that wonder woman and superman are only in ms marvel's strength class;LOL!,he thinks that wonder woman needs to use more sex and be shown in a barefoot fetish,and is obsessed with dr psycho being her lover,so i don't think you should take his word seriously.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OTHER.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.