Gina Carano as Wonder Woman

#1 Posted by dondasch (926 posts) - - Show Bio

So far, the reviews I've seen for Haywire, starring Gina Carano have been generally positive. This leads me to believe she can act, clearly has the requisite physical skills and, to me, could be considered a serious contender to be cast (finally) in the role of Diana ? Thoughts ?

#2 Posted by redhood21 (815 posts) - - Show Bio

Gina is incredible and i approve!

#3 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12012 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting....I approve. She is beautiful and has an outstanding body. The two physical features WW shows best

#4 Posted by Hawk80 (351 posts) - - Show Bio

I approve too. She would be an excellent and credible WW.

A pity that she is now 28 and will be 45 when we'll see a WW movie...

#5 Posted by dondasch (926 posts) - - Show Bio

I continue to hold out hope even though hope is not a strategy. Movie studios (Time Warner?) need to take notice of Gina in the exact opposite way of how they didn't take notice of how Lucy Lawless could have played Diana. It's long past due for a Wonder Woman movie even though we'll see at least one more Superman movie and probably a Bat reboot in a few years....

#6 Posted by k4tzm4n (48868 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondasch: Her performance isn't really the highlight of the movie, it's the action sequences. Then again, her character isn't really given a wide range of emotions in the film, so it's tough to make a judgement call on her acting capabilities based on Haywire.

Staff Online
#7 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
She has the looks. Not sure about the acting ability though.
#8 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Fund it.

#9 Posted by Hawk80 (351 posts) - - Show Bio

Best WW looks and action sequences potential till now.

#10 Posted by LoganRogue24 (1187 posts) - - Show Bio

shes hot.
#11 Posted by RazzaTazz (9676 posts) - - Show Bio

I still prefer Rachel Bilson

#12 Posted by Afro_Warrior (1120 posts) - - Show Bio

She looks the part, but she can't act so i'd say no.

#13 Posted by dondasch (926 posts) - - Show Bio

@RazzaTazz Googled Rachel Bilson. I don't see her anywhere near having the presence that Gina does.

#14 Posted by Batcrow (232 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondasch: Hmm, I kinda agree. Not that Gina is perfect, but she has the right body and the ability to pull off action scenes.

#15 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5533 posts) - - Show Bio
@RazzaTazz
I still prefer Rachel Bilson
Too small has Reese Witherspoon forehead too. Not believable at all as WW. Gina Carrano FTW, and bring in Cyborg as an Amazon warrior while you're at it.
#16 Posted by g0dh4x (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Whoever plays Wonder Woman needs to have a phat booty.

#17 Edited by futrstyl (2 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

Fund it.

Kickstarter.com? :D I'd back it.

#18 Posted by battyfan1 (203 posts) - - Show Bio

better than palicki..(?) she certainly has the physique for it....

#19 Posted by KingofMadCows (345 posts) - - Show Bio

Yvonne Strahovski would be a good choice. She can do action and certainly has the acting talents.

#20 Posted by Uncanny_Doom (478 posts) - - Show Bio

She doesn't act well and I think doesn't look feminine enough to play Wonder Woman. The whole thing look-wise (and it is hard to find, obviously) is that she's tough but also beautiful. Gina Carano is tough and looks good but it's in a very different way.

#21 Posted by Evil Incarnate (3909 posts) - - Show Bio

This wouldn't be so hard if Diana wore a mask.

#22 Posted by PowerHerc (85043 posts) - - Show Bio

I dig Gina but she's a bit too short & thick to play Wonder Woman, imo.

#23 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

I approve.

#24 Posted by Deranged Midget (17715 posts) - - Show Bio

She has the looks, can't really judge acting off of one movie, although her voice was apparently dubbed over.

Moderator Online
#25 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3599 posts) - - Show Bio

It was a great movie, actually. I was surprised it was as good as it was, and I liked how she focused on realistic grappling stunts, many if not all, of which she performed herself to take down larger, heavier men. She has amazing legs, athleticism and can definitely pull off a swimsuit if necessary.

And she is 5'8, which is a good height for an actress playing Wonder Woman (it's hard to find 5'11-6'0 tall women with the necessary training and looks to pull of an Amazonian appearance).

#26 Posted by ArachKnight (165 posts) - - Show Bio

She has been mentioned before - Not my #1 pick but probably in the top ten?

#27 Posted by superbatprime (130 posts) - - Show Bio

@KingofMadCows: aha, never thought of that, good call. I'd have to see her as a brunette tho' but she's defiantly got the acting chops.

#28 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

I strongly approve.

#29 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

I only know her from Red Alert but still my answer is NO

#30 Posted by BoyWonder3 (5 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondasch: I don't think she can act. I say Haywire, her performance was just dull and generic.

#31 Posted by MoonStorm (45 posts) - - Show Bio

I absolutely agree that Gina is a great choice for Wonder Woman, especially after i saw FF6. This girl has the physical presence and ability to play Diana and to do her justice, i think. I mean she's not a professionally trained actor but she's definitely capable and her acting could be improved upon in prep for the film, just like an actor would improve their physical prowess b4 shooting by bulking up or fight training etc, she could take some classes or sum thing?

Why they've chosen to forego Gina and cast Gal Gidot i don't know, i mean i think she's fab don't get me wrong, but just not for WW…its like so far from the character (she's super-skinny, she doesn't have blue eyes, she's not commanding in her presence etc).

I also thought Jessica Biel would've been perfect as WW….but i think she declined or something to that effect?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.