Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Gina Carano as JUSTICE LEAGUE's Wonder Woman Speculation

• 132 results
    OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@Wonderbrezzy: Justice League is set to come out by 2016. Lynn Collins will turn 40 that year. If a Wonder Woman solo comes after, she will be 42-44. In Justice League 2, she's be 44-46. In Wonder Woman 2, she'll be 46-48. So, no.

Lynn Collins is too old. Especially since she is 9 years older than Cavill.

Gemma Arterton for the win.

Wonderbrezzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Wonderbrezzy
    @OutlawRenegade: age dont mean nothing when u look  as good as her  , lol  such a  net  hater lol
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#53  Edited By entropy_aegis

Gosling as Batman? HELLS NO.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By gokuwarrior

there isn't an actress good enough for wonder woman right now,lynda carter is the defination of what she should be in real life,but being more badass than in her TV show from the 70s,wonder woman creator was really thinking a lot about the word wonder when he created her,you need an actress that has the look,the body,that look powerful and badass but proyecting that peaceful feeling at the same time,something that's an unique combination in wonder woman,and the actress also needs fighting skills,be able to act,and do stuns,wonder woman role is too demanding,right now i don't know a young actress that could pull it off.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
    WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By WaveMotionCannon
    @lilben42
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

@War07: @WaveMotionCannon: Gina does not look like Wonder Woman much but Olivia Wilde does.

Gina looks more like WW than Olivia Wilde ever could, she looks like a cat. I'd go with Gemma WAY before Olivia and her Rihanna forehead.
    WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By WaveMotionCannon
    @Superdork

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

I think Carano is very plain looking

Same.

@WaveMotionCannon said:

WW 's an amazon so I want one. Gina has the physical skills and look and can work on her acting. I don't want a 5'6" 120 lb pretty girl playing a woman who can go toe to toe with Supes. CGI can only do so much then it becomes insulting.

That's why we invented gyms. Cavill, Hemsworth, Evans, Bale, Jackman, and every other superhero actor has had to use them to get buff. They weren't born that way. I imagine that whoever plays Wonder Woman would also have to do a workout program. She wouldn't be exempt due to her ladyhood.

Team Arterton.

Everyone of the guys you just named started out with size or frame to be able to bulk up and cut up to heroic proportions. WW is a 5'11" to 6 ft amazon and there's no way to bulk up a 5'6" size 0 chick to come anywhere near that.
    lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By lilben42

@WaveMotionCannon: Ok no she looks NOTHING like Wonder Woman. Arteron looks more like Wonder Woman and so does Olivia Wilde. I wasnt going with Arteron because I thought she was medditerrenean but then I figured out it was just her character in Quantum of Solace. Gina only has wonder womans hair. The actress doesnt have to look like Wonder Woman but some resemblance would be nice.

WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By WaveMotionCannon
    @lilben42

@WaveMotionCannon: Ok no she looks NOTHING like Wonder Woman. Arteron looks more like Wonder Woman and so does Olivia Wilde. I wasnt going with Arteron because I thought she was medditerrenean but then I figured out it was just her character in Quantum of Solace. Gina only has wonder womans hair. The actress doesnt have to look like Wonder Woman but some resemblance would be nice.

If that's the case you just made my statement for me, Olivia Wilde doesn't resemble WW in the least. Carano has the look and physical skills and Arterton has at least the look.
    OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@WaveMotionCannon said:

@Superdork

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Same.

@WaveMotionCannon said:

WW 's an amazon so I want one. Gina has the physical skills and look and can work on her acting. I don't want a 5'6" 120 lb pretty girl playing a woman who can go toe to toe with Supes. CGI can only do so much then it becomes insulting.

That's why we invented gyms. Cavill, Hemsworth, Evans, Bale, Jackman, and every other superhero actor has had to use them to get buff. They weren't born that way. I imagine that whoever plays Wonder Woman would also have to do a workout program. She wouldn't be exempt due to her ladyhood.

Team Arterton.

Everyone of the guys you just named started out with size or frame to be able to bulk up and cut up to heroic proportions. WW is a 5'11" to 6 ft amazon and there's no way to bulk up a 5'6" size 0 chick to come anywhere near that.

1) I don't mean to sound rude, but do you know anything about working out? The only role gender plays is the level of testosterone. Everything else is equal because we're all human. Anything man can do in bodybuilding, a woman can do too as long as she is willing to not follow societal mores about the female body Just look at the body transformation of this woman in the video below. She went from having skinny arms with hardly any muscle to body builder mode:.

Gemma wouldn't need to put on nearly as much muscle as the woman in the video I posted above, but she could put on enough muscle to look both fierce and femenine. It's not hard, and that's coming from personal experience.

2) Hemsworth, Bale, and Jackman have naturally skinny body types. They just went to the gym.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    selinaky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By selinaky

Gina Carano looks and sounds good for WW, with the athletics too. She can't act well, though. Gemma Aterton just doesn't suit it, and her acting isn't great either.

I'd prefer a new actor that's not known.

WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By WaveMotionCannon
    @OutlawRenegade

@WaveMotionCannon said:

@Superdork

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Same.

@WaveMotionCannon said:

Team Arterton.

1) I don't mean to sound rude, but do you know anything about working out? The only role gender plays is the level of testosterone. Everything else is equal because we're all human. Anything man can do in bodybuilding, a woman can do too as long as she is willing to not follow societal mores about the female body Just look at the body transformation of this woman in the video below. She went from having skinny arms with hardly any muscle to body builder mode:.

Gemma wouldn't need to put on nearly as much muscle as the woman in the video I posted above, but she could put on enough muscle to look both fierce and femenine. It's not hard, and that's coming from personal experience.

2) Hemsworth, Bale, and Jackman have naturally skinny body types. They just went to the gym.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    I never said anything about testosterone and as a guy who went from 6'3" 175 ( looking very much like that Bale flick lol) to 230 in a couple solid I know a little about working out. I never said you couldn't bulk a chick up but you can't make up for an overall lack of height and size.
    sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#62  Edited By sethysquare

Anne Hathaway should've been Wonder Woman.

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@WaveMotionCannon: Tom Cruise did it for Jack Reacher. It's called acting.

Gemma Arterton can do that.

Gina Carano can not.

Acting first.

Avatar image for shark_repellent_bat_spray
    Shark_Repellent_Bat_Spray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

What are the chances of finding an established female actress who is tall, atheletic & pretty much perfect? Not very high really... However, I would not object to minor changes. I'm happy as long as she's beautiful & more importantly a good actress!

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By jphulk26

@OutlawRenegade@Shark_Repellent_Bat_Spray said:

What are the chances of finding an established female actress who is tall, atheletic & pretty much perfect? Not very high really... However, I would not object to minor changes. I'm happy as long as she's beautiful & more importantly a good actress!

@WaveMotionCannon: said:

Gina Carano can not.

Acting first.

Agree, you can teach an actor to act as a martial artist or warrior and if they are good they will pull it off.

Its very different the other way round, look at Jackie Chan, Van Damme, Chuck Norris. Don´t get me wrong i like their films, but they can only play themselves, thats what they are good at.

Wonder Woman needs an actress who can act, she´s a hard character to pull off, and the actress who does it needs to be able to think about the character and what she means.

Although I don´t think Gemma is that woman.

Besides how do you think they pulled this off with Black Widow? Get a stunt woman for the action and an actress for the character. Its that simple. If they pulled it off with Hit Girl, Black Widow and Catwoman, I doubt WW is going to be a problem.

WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By WaveMotionCannon
    @OutlawRenegade

Gina Carano can not.

Acting first.

Tom Cruise can get away with because the majority of the people going to see the movie don't know Jack Reachers 6'5" in the books. WW is tall everyone knows that, all the acting in the world ain't gonna make 5'9" Tom 6'3 Batman.

I do agree the acting is very important.
    Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why are people saying actresses look like WW when she has literally had hundreds of variations of looks? I'm certain if you look hard enough you can find either a picture of WW that resembles an actress or an image of an actress that can be photoshopped to look like WW while maintaining the actress resemblance (for actress with her rough physical stats). People are cherry-picking pictures for their justifications. I can understand using images to justify a convincing WW look, but that is all they are good for. As stated, all you need is an actress who; can act, looks good as a brunette, is in decent shape, does not mind gaining some muscle, and can go the distance (won't age out before the series is done).

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Press Oblivion

Yay . . I say

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By lilben42

@WaveMotionCannon: Yes she does. Carano has no look she has physical skills but that doesnt really matter. Arteron has physical skills too in every movie she has played in she has fought somebody but that doesnt matter. Could you tell me what you see that Gina and Diana look the same partly? Could you really imagine her in a movie with Ryan Reynolds and Henry Cavill and Amy Adams.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By lilben42

@jphulk26: Right! Gina as wonder woman. No thank you.

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By darkman61288

if they do hire a shorter actress they could just use scale techiques like in Harry Potter. The actor who played Hagrid is actually short.

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@WaveMotionCannon said:

@OutlawRenegade

@WaveMotionCannon said:

@Superdork

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Same.

@WaveMotionCannon said:

Team Arterton.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    I never said anything about testosterone and as a guy who went from 6'3" 175 ( looking very much like that Bale flick lol) to 230 in a couple solid I know a little about working out. I never said you couldn't bulk a chick up but you can't make up for an overall lack of height and size.

Tom Cruise- 5'7"

Bruce Lee- 5'7"

Jet Li- 5'6"

Gemma Arterton- 5'7"

All of these actors/actresses have convincingly fought people bigger then themselves on film. What is your point?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#73  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@OutlawRenegade said:

@WaveMotionCannon said:

@OutlawRenegade

@WaveMotionCannon said:

@Superdork

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Same.

@WaveMotionCannon said:

Team Arterton.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Tom Cruise- 5'7"

Bruce Lee- 5'7"

Jet Li- 5'6"

Gemma Arterton- 5'7"

All of these actors/actresses have convincingly fought people bigger then themselves on film. What is your point?

well maybe not Tom Cruise

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@Jonny_Anonymous:

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#75  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@OutlawRenegade: That's not convincing, that's an angry midget revving a car

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By jphulk26

@drgnx said:

Why are people saying actresses look like WW when she has literally had hundreds of variations of looks? I'm certain if you look hard enough you can find either a picture of WW that resembles an actress or an image of an actress that can be photoshopped to look like WW while maintaining the actress resemblance (for actress with her rough physical stats). People are cherry-picking pictures for their justifications. I can understand using images to justify a convincing WW look, but that is all they are good for. As stated, all you need is an actress who; can act, looks good as a brunette, is in decent shape, does not mind gaining some muscle, and can go the distance (won't age out before the series is done).

Right looks are not the most important thing for me, she has to be a highly skilled actress, but also an actress that this is the opportunity of a life time, whose going to really try and get in the head of diana and do an iconic performance. obviously young and because obviously Diana is beautiful but someone who can also be imposing, so, that will be needed for the actress. But in terms of looks that is all she needs. After that all expect is talent, the actress will figure out the rest. I´d rather they´d go Heath Ledger route of casting, than the Brandon Routhe. I think we all know which route is more successful.

@WaveMotionCannon: her height is not that important to the character, if a shorter woman can do it, make ww a bit shorter for godsake. Wolverine´s been made taller fro his movies, so whats the problem. what kind of nonsense are you spouting.

WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By WaveMotionCannon

@lilben42: Uh no she doesn't at all, Olivia Wilde's not hot or WW. I'd rather Arterton with Carano doing stuntsor just Gemma than Wilde anyday.

WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By WaveMotionCannon

@OutlawRenegade said:

@WaveMotionCannon said:

@OutlawRenegade

@WaveMotionCannon said:

@Superdork

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Same.

@WaveMotionCannon said:

Team Arterton.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Tom Cruise- 5'7"

Bruce Lee- 5'7"

Jet Li- 5'6"

Gemma Arterton- 5'7"

All of these actors are playing themselves or characters very similar to themselves ( with the exception of Cruise who'scharacter is really 6'5" but the majority of the public doesn't know that) not someone far bigger than them. By that reasoning you'd accept Tom Cruise as Thor since size/height doesn't matter. There's got to be an actress out here that can pull off WW even if it's not Carano or Gemma.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By lilben42

@WaveMotionCannon: Yes she does, but that doesnt matter. Why would Carano do stunts for Gemma when they look nothing alike wouldnt it look kind of noticable.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By lilben42
    WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By WaveMotionCannon
    @lilben42

@WaveMotionCannon: Yes she does, but that doesnt matter. Why would Carano do stunts for Gemma when they look nothing alike wouldnt it look kind of noticable.

@lilben42

@jphulk26: I say Olivia because she always looked up to Wonder Woman and probably would try her hardest.

@WaveMotionCannon: I say Olivia just because she always looked up to Wonder Woman and probably would try her hardest.

http://www.mtv.com/videos/movies/447561/olivia-wilde-always-wanted-to-be-wonder-woman.jhtml

She is one of the best choices for me.

I didn't mean that literally. I said that because either one of them would be closer to Diana than Olivia Wilde. Who doesn't look like an amazon ( Gemma or Gina kinda could pull it off) and is WAY too frail even with weights.

You started out saying she looks like WW now you say she looks up to her, that's two different things I don't doubt shed try hard ( I actually liked her in the stuff I've seen her in) but that's probably still not enough to make it believable. But , meh to each his own.
    jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By jphulk26

@WaveMotionCannon: i never said that. i don´t want olivia to be ww. i´d rather rebecca hall, a much better actress.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By lilben42

@WaveMotionCannon: She looks like WW and looks up to her. She said WW inspired her and she always wanted to play a role like that why wouldnt she try hard. I dont know why everyone sees Diana as some buff muscle chick. Olivia and Arteron are both skinny with some muscle on their bones. Gina could not pull it off bad actress and would look bad as Wonder Woman. They have to try out for the role anyway and I doubt any of our picks will get picked unless they are really good actresses. Hopefully some A list actresses will step up.

Skewer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Skewer

I made a list last year on the casting choices that many fans have made on who should play Wonder Woman and Gina Carano was among the few who made that list. When I made that list I had a specific criteria that I followed; a) firstly whether or not they look the part b) their experience c) their commitment d) finally their potential If anything I'm all for an open call casting just like we did with Christopher reeve

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By darkman61288

Neither will get it. It most likely be that girl from Mad men Christina Hendricks.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#87  Edited By Captain13

@darkman61288: Yo only chose her because she has a pair of double D's. People would be more focused on her breasts than her face. She doesn't look athletic or Mediterranean, and she has never played a badass before.

Gemma Arterton is still the best choice, and she's the only actress with the acting resume to back it up.

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By darkman61288

@Captain13: Actually that Danish director who wants to direct it wants her as Wonder Woman.But yes I would prefer an Mediterranean or Latina actress. And what wrong with Double D s

redhoodnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By redhoodnet

All of the ladies put forth her are hot ladies!

But I do not think we will get any cameos in Man of Steel.

At the outside edge we could get a John Blake cameo from TDKR but I do not think that is really likely either.

mamba238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are many actresses that can play Wonder woman, but none has the physical presence of Gina Carano, so I believe she is the perfect Wonder Woman, yes she needs to improve in acting, but she will get the job done. DC, pick Gina Carano !!!!

RayRay1127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Jaimie Alexander is who I've been envisioning ever since Thor... She's 5' 9", beautiful, and can act quite well... PLUS, she's not super well-known AND has already played one of the MANY Marvel versions of WW, Lady Sif...

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SNascimento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By SNascimento

This would be a tragedy beyond words.

TAneT62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have never thought of Gemma Arterton for Wonder Woman! Love it, absolutely great choice, although I doubt she'll ever get the role. Directors tend to pick the most unfitting actresses to play a character.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

Gina Carano is super hot, tought and always so charming and nice in interviews and stuff but Im not sure about her acting yet. I'll have to check out Haywire.

snarkybits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes to Gina.

No to Gemma.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

I've always wanted either her or Bridget Regan

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are better candidates.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alana De La Garza comes to mind when I read threads like these. But she's 36 or 37 about now. Not that she's too old to play the role, she's still stunning but there is some age bias for a role like this.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jaime isn't a good option for wonder woman,and the fail attemps to make a series that she talked abnout is because they made bad scrips.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.