Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8719 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Geoff Johns Wonder Woman quote

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

While passing through Bleeding Cool website today, I found this snippet (from Collider.com) featuring some quotes from Geoff Johns about the future of DC multimedia projects including some very interesting vibes on all things Wonder Woman. . . .

No Caption Provided

Here's to hoping that there is a real interest in getting Diana back to the live action genre. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what news develops from SDCC this year. :)

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
    TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Wonder Woman needs a movie. Period. All the more so if it connects to a Justice League movie.

We know that a Superman and a Batman movie will sell so frankly Wonder Woman should act as a gauge to see how the rest of DC movies will fare in the Avengers Comic movies era.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@superdork Doesn't your dream cast for a Justice League film include the actress in the OP?

Petite_Oiseau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Petite_Oiseau

Gina Carano or Bridget Regan are my fancasts for WW, so hopefully that's an 'I don't want to endorse her because they already have her in mind' segue out.

SNascimento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gina Carano would be a terrible choice, I don't even think they are considering her. That said, I really hope a WW comes sooner than latter, and latter than never.

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: I considered Gina Carano a while back, but then I saw her try to act. I would be VERY happy if she were NOT wonder woman. She could be Artemis, but not Wonder Woman. I'm leaning more toward Gemma Arterton and Lynn Collins these days. Thanks for bringing this thread to my attention by the way!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@superdork: No problem. I just remembered one of your threads where you mentioned her as one of your choices.

SNascimento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can only dream seeing Gemma Arterton as Wondie.

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

theOVOXO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By theOVOXO

Even Geoff John's doesn't wanna talk about Gina Carano playing Wonder Woman. I'd rather Gemma play the role.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not really down for having a known actor in the role of Wonder Woman now that we've had years to think about it.

I'm sure the method by which we received Linda Carter will bring us something spectacular again.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By kidchipotle

If they do a Wonder Woman movie I wonder what it will be like. Plot set in society battling someone like Cheetah or set in a Greek Mythology World first? Hmmm..

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they do a Wonder Woman movie I wonder what it will be like. Plot set in society battling someone like Cheetah or set in a Greek Mythology World first? Hmmm..

No reason both can't be done.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee said:

No reason both can't be done.

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.