Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8805 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Gal Gadot Wonder Woman audition video lol

• 65 results
    Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know if I should lol or facepalm........

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SilverPool

Wut?

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

she could probably kick your ass op. she is former isralie military

darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tazzmission: lol dont take this thread seriously im just joking around

whygamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

I don't know if I should lol or facepalm........

LOL beneath a facepalm it is.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tazzmission: lol dont take this thread seriously im just joking around

hey she can kick my ass anytime just saying as long as me and her cuddle later

darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JeanRalphio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By JeanRalphio
    Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

God I hope she bulks up.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SheenLantern

lol

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jphulk26

All I´m saying is she better be good, otherwise I say we get the pitchforks, fires and f$%$%$king go after who ever made this decision. Don´t get me wrong I´m not a naysayer. I´m assuming she must be good, but between them f$%$%$ing up superman, casting Ben as Batman and now casting an anorexic as Wonder Woman, if this film sucks and they don´t get these characters right and in fact all the fans are right and this movie turns out garbage, I say we go after the mofos because this will kill comic book movies and any hope for a Wonder Woman movie if they´ve got this wrong. I mean these are my 3 favorite comic characters. I swear to god they could have got any actress in the world. any actress would have taken this role ANY ACTRESS. I really have high hopes and I´m optomistic, but seriously this chick better take this honor she´s been given seriously. I want to see what she has to say at comiccon.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a77aa5e0a324
    deactivated-5a77aa5e0a324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26 said:

All I´m saying is she better be good, otherwise I say we get the pitchforks, fires and f$%$%$king go after who ever made this decision. Don´t get me wrong I´m not a naysayer. I´m assuming she must be good, but between them f$%$%$ing up superman, casting Ben as Batman and now casting an anorexic as Wonder Woman, if this film sucks and they don´t get these characters right and in fact all the fans are right and this movie turns out garbage, I say we go after the mofos because this will kill comic book movies and any hope for a Wonder Woman movie if they´ve got this wrong. I mean these are my 3 favorite comic characters. I swear to god they could have got any actress in the world. any actress would have taken this role ANY ACTRESS. I really have high hopes and I´m optomistic, but seriously this chick better take this honor she´s been given seriously. I want to see what she has to say at comiccon.

The sad thing about it is that it won't kill comic movies outright. I'm sure they'd suck it up and make another attempt at a Batman or Superman movie in another five years or so. The issue is that if Gal isn't fantastic, if people discredit her performance enough, it'll be blamed on WW as a character. And that'll mean we definitely won't see WW in her own film.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

I do have concerns over her ability to play Wonder Woman. Her skinny physique currently can be fixed by a bulking up physical regime. And her Israeli origin can add to the Ancient Greek/isolated women vibe that Wonder Woman has. The fact she's a former Israeli defence force soldier helps her case here. But it's her lack of acting resume or significant talent that's putting me off. Perhaps WB see something I don't but she hasn't been widely acclaimed as an actress so far.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TazzMission
    Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Crimsonlord53

Most if not all Israeli are former IDF it's mandatory service. So she gets some credit but it's a mute point in my book. I have to see her as WW to believe.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#18  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

She better start working out, but still sexy.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most if not all Israeli are former IDF it's mandatory service. So she gets some credit but it's a mute point in my book. I have to see to her as WW to believe.

she posted this on her official face book. its in hebrew so i have no idea if it is an article or a photoshop

No Caption Provided

KingAres109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She does need to bulk up....15 to 20 pounds of muscle.And me personally,I would like her to read up on most if not all of Wonder Woman New52 origins to get in her psyche...It'll help her get a grasp n the New God Of War.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She does need to bulk up....15 to 20 pounds of muscle.And me personally,I would like her to read up on most if not all of Wonder Woman New52 origins to get in her psyche...It'll help her get a grasp n the New God Of War.

No she needs to read up on all the wonder woman new 52 and pre new52. I hope it takes inspiration from both.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TazzMission

@kingares109 said:

maybe she has? we dont know anything yet till interviews happen and when sdcc is happening. besides we have to remember this is snyders incarnation of wonder woman and i have faith in him since i may be in the minority about it but i loved lois lane in man of steel. for me it was nice to see her become more of a bad ass instead of the original damsel in distress. my only request to snyder is please dont turn wonder woman into a sexualized charachter even though i like that sort of thing but wonder woman is a bad ass so please make her bad ass.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

@lvenger said:

I do have concerns over her ability to play Wonder Woman. Her skinny physique currently can be fixed by a bulking up physical regime. And her Israeli origin can add to the Ancient Greek/isolated women vibe that Wonder Woman has. The fact she's a former Israeli defence force soldier helps her case here. But it's her lack of acting resume or significant talent that's putting me off. Perhaps WB see something I don't but she hasn't been widely acclaimed as an actress so far.

Legitimate concerns but the same could be said for Henry Cavill and he turned out pretty great.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@lvenger said:

Legitimate concerns but the same could be said for Henry Cavill and he turned out pretty great.

He at least had more observable roles than Gadot did. She's only had FF6 and a few other films to show off her acting credibility and it requires a big leap to play Wonder Woman regardless of whether it'll be a cameo or full fledged guest appearance.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toplel said:

@deranged_midget said:

I don't think he was 'great'. His incredibly good looks get him by but his acting was wooden. He looked the part, but thats about it. You could blame that on the script, but either way, he didn't get to flex his muscles as Superman.

I feel like he did a great job for the character he was portraying and what the script limited him to. Even when he had little to say, his body language did more than enough to display actions.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toplel said:

@deranged_midget: Nothing really special, but I blame the script for that. A confident body language isn't hard to do when you're as big and good looking as him. You need emotion, and the movie lacked that.

I disagree but obviously, we have our own opinions. I thought he portrayed the single most moving scene in the entire film that gets my heart beating every single time and I'd argue it's one of the most impactful moments from any recent CBM.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toplel said:

@deranged_midget: Don't tell me its Pa Kent's death scene. Or after he snaps Zod's neck.

Pa's scene was well done but no, I'm referring to Zod's scene in particular as it conveys a variety of emotions in such a short burst, a similar achievement for the late Christopher Reeve.

KingAres109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tazzmission: I agree with you and I will hold judgement till the movies out.And while I don't like Lois Lane,I did like the actress that played her.And think the bad ass part would be good seeing as she's the God Of War now.

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Well I am glad they used a relative unknown. She's clearly gorgeous and can bulk up as needed. Hope she stays close to her regular physique. WW doesn't need to look like a weightlifter.

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I am glad they used a relative unknown. She's clearly gorgeous and can bulk up as needed. Hope she stays close to her regular physique. WW doesn't need to look like a weightlifter.

But she needs to look like a Woman, not an oversexed 14 year old.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jake_fury said:

She looks all WOMAN to me.

Commander_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Commander_Kane

I've never seen or heard of her before her casting as WW. And even if she does blow the big one (Not saying she will) idc because I'm now in love. Dat accent is the cherry on the sundae..

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jake_fury:

@scorpio_cassadine said:

@jake_fury said:

She looks all WOMAN to me.

A flat chested, no hips, or ass having woman maybe.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well she's certainly not going to look her best in an amateur vid she probably did with her I-Phone.

Bogey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why are people saying her Israeli military experience will help? The country drafts everyone whether they like it or not. She probably did nothing but shoot tear gas at Palestinian children.

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bogey said:

Why are people saying her Israeli military experience will help? The country drafts everyone whether they like it or not. She probably did nothing but shoot tear gas at Palestinian children.

I think she was probably the head potato peeler in the mess hall.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WW fans are never going to be happy no matter who they choose.

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's not true. I would have been perfectly fine with Jaime Alexander.

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran said:

@scorpio_cassadine said:

@jake_fury said:

And somebody else wouldn't have been.

And so what? There are plenty of Batman fans not happy with Batfleck, go criticize them.

This is the first live action Wonder Woman ever appearing in a film. If we seem picky it's because we've waited a long time for it.

There have been five Batmen, if his fans don't like one, there will be another one around the corner in a couple of years.

This is our only shot.

whygamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran said:

@scorpio_cassadine said:
    @mitran said:

@scorpio_cassadine said:

@jake_fury said:

And somebody else wouldn't have been.

And so what? There are plenty of Batman fans not happy with Batfleck, go criticize them.

This is the first live action Wonder Woman ever appearing in a film. If we seem picky it's because we've waited a long time for it.

There have been five Batmen, if his fans don't like one, there will be another one around the corner in a couple of years.

This is our only shot.

I do, but not in Wonder Woman threads.

Okay.

True.

She'd probably get another chance in 20 or so years.

I was pointing out that the fact that you would have been happy with a certain choice does not mean all Wonder Woman fans would have been. And that was the point of @jake_fury's comment.

The logic is that there always will be people complaining about the cast no matter if she's really good or just some random woman WB takes from the street, but if it were someone with more acting ability shown, there could be less fans complaining or worrying.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.