Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8805 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Gal Gadot Interview

• 129 results
    FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By FoamBorn

@agent_z said:

Cavill didn't look like how he is now when he auditioned. You should also read up the horror stories about what Hugh Jackman went through for the Wolverine role. Again looks aren't everything. And it's not like Wonder Woman hasn't been drawn like a supermodel in the comics before anyway.

He wasn't thin in The Tudors, he was ripped just not quite as stocky. And he did put on the weight didn't he? Well it looks like Gal Gadot didn't, moreover, we're all being conflated with the boob-shamers!

I haven't made up my mind yet as to whether this non-flying, wedge-wearing, skinny-ass Wonder Woman, possibly with the strength of Captain America is worth 9 euros. I just can't splash it about.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn: the man put in more than 20lbs of muscle to play the role. That roughly a 12% increase in weight for Cavill ... From what I've seen Gal has put on roughly 10lbs as well ... Which a similar increase of 10% or so ... She's done what she can to look the part, and I suspect once it's filmed we'll all be somewhat surprised by her build.

As for her powerset, all we have to go in is her vague interview statement, yet unsurprisingly your negative mentality leaps to weakness. The question really becomes ... Why does it matter if she's not as strong? Captain America in the films is clearly capable of awesomeness ... Why must WW be portrayed as mightier than SM for you to go to the movie?

Agent_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: Counterpoint, why does she have to be portrayed as weaker than him? Note that Foamborn never said she has to be stronger than Superman. She is not Captain America, so why write her like him?

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent_z: who's to say she will be? You're all making assumptions based on nothing but a random comment. Gadot spoke of her great strength and leaping ability "she can practically fly" as well as her knowing all kinds of martial arts. She sounds like a badass yet here we have complaints and comparisons that make no sense.

It doesn't matter if she's less strong than SM ... All anyone proves with that argument is that SM is the measuring stick and thus all will fall short. My issue with Foamborns statements (and she's bitched a thousand times that WW should be stronger on a thousand threads) is that the whole concept simply acknowledges that WW must be compared to SM. That, IMO, weakens her more than wedge heels or a skinny actress.

Agent_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:

@agent_z: who's to say she will be? You're all making assumptions based on nothing but a random comment. Gadot spoke of her great strength and leaping ability "she can practically fly" as well as her knowing all kinds of martial arts. She sounds like a badass yet here we have complaints and comparisons that make no sense.

It doesn't matter if she's less strong than SM ... All anyone proves with that argument is that SM is the measuring stick and thus all will fall short. My issue with Foamborns statements (and she's bitched a thousand times that WW should be stronger on a thousand threads) is that the whole concept simply acknowledges that WW must be compared to SM. That, IMO, weakens her more than wedge heels or a skinny actress.

I would agree with you if not for the fact that writers tend to have an annoying habit of writing her as inferior to Superman in every possible way. Yes this is just a random comment, but given this character's less than stellar history can you blame people for being worried?

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By CSG_CL

@agent_z: I can understand what people may think based in history. But it bothers me that so many peoples seem to think her physical strength is what defines her power. It's one of the major issues I have with the Finch run thus far ... She's mentally weak and emotionally weak. I really don't care all that much about how her physical attributes measure up to SM

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agent_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Agent_Z

@csg_cl: Hey, I'm interested in her personality as well as her power levels. I don't think writing one well means screwing up the other. Grant Morrison's version of Superman is considered incredibly powerful and an interesting character in his own right. Don't see why the same thing can't be done for Wonder Woman.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so much anger and resentment

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By CSG_CL

@agent_z: where did I say that? I'm arguing that people are waaaay overreacting to this. It's unsurprising to see the likes of Foamborn making a dramatic statement that she won't spend 9 Euro if WW isn't the most powerful being in the DC Universe. But some of us just want her character to be portrayed well. That doesn't mean she must be less powerful, but it ultimately doesn't really matter if she's a good character in the movie. I'd rather have a well written weaker version than little more than an excuse to do FX with a hot chick.

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: You know I think I'll spend my money wherever fack I want, if that's alright with you CSG_CL ...

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By CSG_CL

@foamborn as usual you've missed the point. I was mocking your dramatic statement not your meaningless babble about spending an insignificant amount of money on something we ALL know you'll go see ... If for no other reason than to give you something to come here and bitch about

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:

@foamborn as usual you've missed the point. I was mocking your dramatic statement not your meaningless babble about spending an insignificant amount of money on something we ALL know you'll go see ... If for no other reason than to give you something to come here and bitch about

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn: Youre so dramatic. Nobody wants you to hurt yourself. On the other hand if you were to delete your account, that'd be great. I can only take so much whining and negativity. Its like a plague. I dont mean to insult you with those words, in fact I'll prove it to you by complimenting you: Youre apparently very powerful. Your loan voice of negativity nearly always brings down a Wonder Woman thread. No sarcasm. I really mean it. Youre very powerful in that your negative voice is constantly the focus of Wonder Woman threads.

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please forgive Foamborn's relentless histrionics, they're not totally unjustified in this instance. Wonder Woman fans are constantly getting dumped on, so that makes some of us a little overly sensitive. She is a special case though.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn: as Sodam Yat said ... No one wants you to injury yourself, ... But deleting your account along with its relentless attack on all threads, can't say I'd miss that. Now if your done with your dramatics.

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@sodamyat said:

so much anger and resentment

Ugh, true. Ironic, Wonder Woman is all up for peace and truth and how, us, Wonder Woman fans can't even agree on things.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Actually, forget it. It would be cool if the WW actress could somewhat resemble her and be a good actor but whatever..

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually, forget it. It would be cool if the WW actress could somewhat resemble her and be a good actor but whatever..

HAHAHA don't give up!! Fight for what you have in mind! Jk jk haha

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

HAHAHA don't give up!! Fight for what you have in mind! Jk jk haha

*Sigh*. Well, you can't blame a girl for dreaming..

TheGoddess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By TheGoddess

You guys are so dramatic..lol

This is how I feel on the matter.

A lot of comic fans/nerds are purist. We get it,you literally want the pages of the books you grew reading to come to life,and that's fine.You guys have to keep in mind though that certain liberties for live adaptions have to be made to fit a broader market.

WW not flying in BVS isn't the end of the world,because most likely she will get blessed with the power of flight(along with other weapons/artifacts) in her solo film.So don't sweat it.

As far as her strength,even if she isn't as strong as Superman in this first appearance,it still doesn't set her character in stone for the movie-verse,simply because there is a thing called character development. Again they will most likely give us a taste of Gal Gadot as WW,because lets not forget that this is really a Superman(mainly sequel) & Batman focused film.

for all the a** holes in here body shaming..stop..just stop. Gal Gadot is a very slender woman,true enough,but she has gained like 15 pounds and has been working extensively with a personal trainer.You guys have to remember that people are made up in different ways genetically and are just meant to naturally be built a certain way. If Gal has a petite mother and a slim dad too,then genetically she was always meant to be built the way she is.Some people have a hard time putting on weight and keeping it. Even with the help of using protein shakes and other supplements.Just like some who are naturally big boned or husky people have a hard time keeping their weight off. Gal doesn't need to be built like a damn female body builder,because SHE'S NOT.Neither is Diana. Some of scans that you guys posted showed Diana just as skinny as Gal.WW is not always drawn like a female MMa fighter. A lot of artist render her statuesque and lean like a supermodel. At least Gal is very tall(which is a constant to WW no matter).Yes I know traditionally she should be more on the bulkier side,but it's not always so.

People comparing her to Lucy Lawless really need to back it up,because again two different women,two different body types .I think that's what a lot of these pervy image obsessed men need to understand.It wasn't that Lucy wasn't so much buffer or toner/w bigger breast than Gal,she's just naturally a bigger woman in build. Same thing like how Ben Affleck is beefier than Christian Bale.Both were Batman,both had to get in tip top shape,but have different results according to their bodies.

and as far as her having blue eyes, I could care less. I mean if we REALLY want to be realistic about it the land which WW comes from, then she should look more Middle eastern/ Mediterranean with olive/tan complexion dark wavy hair( a lot like Gal,who is Israeli) Not a pale brunette white woman with blue eyes(though that's how she's always been depicted) but if you guys wanna be thorough...that's what Diana Prince would look like if the Amazons were real women from ancient Greece.

Leave that woman alone about her looks and stop bullying her.

Honestly i still think she isn't a good actress,because all I've seen her in is Fast n Furious,but action movies usually don't require that much "drama" and theatrics.I would like for her to have some real character development and personality,but that will not come until her solo,because lets face it....it's a testosterone filled movie.

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:

@scorpio_cassadine said:

The pictures you posted had NO curves and I'll bet there won't be any contacts either. The producers wouldn't have hired her in the first place if they cared at all about being faithful to the comics.

That's why she's wearing a bootleg Xena suit and won't fly.

No Caption Provided

They don't care.

Xena takes a lot from Wonder Woman so this comparison doesn't work. WW came in 1941 and she has used greek battle armors way before Xena was created.

Yes, what's your point? My point is those Greek armors were always red, white and blue or gold...not a rusty sepia tone like Xena's. Why should the original dress like the knock-off?

To better sell to the international market for example China. Having both supes and Diana running around in the red white and blue of the good old U.S of A might not sell well over seas. I can live with a browned eyed Wonder Woman as long as Gal can act and make me believe she is Wonder Woman.

Just remember this movie has to make money if where every to see any of the future movies so yeah there going to change things and step on the comic book fans ideals to make a movie even non comic book readers can get behind.

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We have to see her now in succeeding trailers of BvS.

Mightus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You guys are so dramatic..lol

This is how I feel on the matter.

A lot of comic fans/nerds are purist. We get it,you literally want the pages of the books you grew reading to come to life,and that's fine.You guys have to keep in mind though that certain liberties for live adaptions have to be made to fit a broader market.

WW not flying in BVS isn't the end of the world,because most likely she will get blessed with the power of flight(along with other weapons/artifacts) in her solo film.So don't sweat it.

As far as her strength,even if she isn't as strong as Superman in this first appearance,it still doesn't set her character in stone for the movie-verse,simply because there is a thing called character development. Again they will most likely give us a taste of Gal Gadot as WW,because lets not forget that this is really a Superman(mainly sequel) & Batman focused film.

for all the a** holes in here body shaming..stop..just stop. Gal Gadot is a very slender woman,true enough,but she has gained like 15 pounds and has been working extensively with a personal trainer.You guys have to remember that people are made up in different ways genetically and are just meant to naturally be built a certain way. If Gal has a petite mother and a slim dad too,then genetically she was always meant to be built the way she is.Some people have a hard time putting on weight and keeping it. Even with the help of using protein shakes and other supplements.Just like some who are naturally big boned or husky people have a hard time keeping their weight off. Gal doesn't need to be built like a damn female body builder,because SHE'S NOT.Neither is Diana. Some of scans that you guys posted showed Diana just as skinny as Gal.WW is not always drawn like a female MMa fighter. A lot of artist render her statuesque and lean like a supermodel. At least Gal is very tall(which is a constant to WW no matter).Yes I know traditionally she should be more on the bulkier side,but it's not always so.

People comparing her to Lucy Lawless really need to back it up,because again two different women,two different body types .I think that's what a lot of these pervy image obsessed men need to understand.It wasn't that Lucy wasn't so much buffer or toner/w bigger breast than Gal,she's just naturally a bigger woman in build. Same thing like how Ben Affleck is beefier than Christian Bale.Both were Batman,both had to get in tip top shape,but have different results according to their bodies.

and as far as her having blue eyes, I could care less. I mean if we REALLY want to be realistic about it the land which WW comes from, then she should look more Middle eastern/ Mediterranean with olive/tan complexion dark wavy hair( a lot like Gal,who is Israeli) Not a pale brunette white woman with blue eyes(though that's how she's always been depicted) but if you guys wanna be thorough...that's what Diana Prince would look like if the Amazons were real women from ancient Greece.

Leave that woman alone about her looks and stop bullying her.

Honestly i still think she isn't a good actress,because all I've seen her in is Fast n Furious,but action movies usually don't require that much "drama" and theatrics.I would like for her to have some real character development and personality,but that will not come until her solo,because lets face it....it's a testosterone filled movie.

So much yes to this. With more "fans" with an open mindset like this, the forums of comic threads wouldn't be such a landfill of hate and fear.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Foamborn got banned didn't she?

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

I'm sure she'll be fine.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:
    @ganon15 said:

Foamborn got banned didn't she?

I don't know. Why?.

He probably has a crush on her. lol

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By kfabz-23

Comic book fans are the worst

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.