Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8805 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Gal Gadot Cast as Wonder Woman in 'Batman vs. Superman'

Jbreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Not quite sold on this casting. She is definitely loos incredibly beautiful, however I am not sure about her frame, I think she will need to pack on a little bit of muscle, she looks a bit too slender. However as many as mentioned she will probably hit the gym so can't really judge properly tip we see her finished product.

As for her acting, I have only seen her in the Fast and Furious movies where she doesn't really have a big speaking part so can't really judge on that front either.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hopping we get a great interpretation of Wonder Woman on the big screen.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I hope she bulks up some, but her voice really works for this film. Well, glade they finally settled the matter, now make a good Wonder Woman, best studying from Messner-Loebs' run or pre-crisis Wonder Woman, with issue 168 of volume 1.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#403  Edited By TazzMission

@theroach said:

I think its cool but at this point why bother calling it a man of steel sequel. but if youre going to have superman, batman and wonder woamn apear together on the big screen for the first time don't treat the film as a sequel. pople are not going to watch this focus only on superman not when you have two of the biggest heroes with him

im starting to wonder if this will be a jla movie instead of a batman vs superman sequel. i mean hey so far we havent had a official title yet and movies do use a code name. if i am right ( based on assumption nothing official) but it would be the best way to go and would make sense to the rumors of a snyder/ affleck jla flick.

69ballzdeep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#404  Edited By 69ballzdeep
    Avatar image for fallen_crippled
    Fallen_Crippled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure how I feel about this one.....

Fallen_Crippled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't like that she is flat chested though...

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what exactly does her chest have to do with acting? quit thinking with your 2nd head and use the one on your shoulders

Fallen_Crippled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tazzmission: It actually has nothing to do with her acting. Wonder Woman is a powerhouse, but she is also a sex symbol. Gal Gadot just isn't that attractive.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#409 the_stegman  Moderator

Vast Majority: "I want Jaimie Alexander as Wonder Woman, she's perfect!!''

Gal is cast

Vast Majority: "She's too skinny!!!! Boooo"

Jaimie is 5'9 and 115 lbs

Gal is 5'9'' and 110 lbs

TheBhramaBull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theroach said:

I think its cool but at this point why bother calling it a man of steel sequel. but if youre going to have superman, batman and wonder woamn apear together on the big screen for the first time don't treat the film as a sequel. pople are not going to watch this focus only on superman not when you have two of the biggest heroes with him

I think it will be mainly Superman and Batman with minor appearances from other heroes, otherwise I think it will be too messy. Those two can pull in avengers money by themselves.

Avatar image for deactivated-635002b0415fa
    deactivated-635002b0415fa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure what to think about this casting, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#412  Edited By buttersdaman000

@tazzmission: It actually has nothing to do with her acting. Wonder Woman is a powerhouse, but she is also a sex symbol. Gal Gadot just isn't that attractive.

To you. But to the vast majority of people watching the film, i'm sure she's fine enough

90mv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah..I'm not a fan of this casting

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#414  Edited By TazzMission

@fallen_crippled said:

thank god you dont do movies. this aint a knock but you must be a fool if you really believe acting isnt everything. what do you expect movies to be? just pretty people with no diolauge that stand around for 2 in a half hours? also gal isnt attractive? if she were to walk up to you and say shed have sex with you i guarantee you wouldnt pass it up. and dont lie either because thats a crock.

Fallen_Crippled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallen_crippled said:

what exactly does her chest have to do with acting? quit thinking with your 2nd head and use the one on your shoulders

@fallen_crippled said:

thank god you dont do movies. this aint a knock but you must be a fool if you really believe acting isnt everything. what do you expect movies to be? just pretty people with no diolauge that stand around for 2 in a half hours? also gal isnt attractive? if she were to walk up to you and say shed have sex with you i guarantee you wouldnt pass it up. and dont lie either because thats a crock.

I quote everything to show you what I was saying. Her being flat-chested has NOTHING to do with her ACTING. It has to do with appearance, which I think Wonder Woman being a sex symbol is vital for the actress. Never once did I talk about her acting skills because I don't know her as an actress well enough. So, with that being said, of course you have to have acting skills. Good grief, I'm not just a horndog. I just care about someone looking the role and having the acting as well (like most people). I will go ahead and take back my comment of "Gal Gadot just isn't that attractive." Yes, she is. Is she attractive enough to be Wonder Woman? I don't know.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tazzmission said:

@fallen_crippled said:

@tazzmission said:

@fallen_crippled said:

I quote everything to show you what I was saying. Her being flat-chested has NOTHING to do with her ACTING. It has to do with appearance, which I think Wonder Woman being a sex symbol is vital for the actress. Never once did I talk about her acting skills because I don't know her as an actress well enough. So, with that being said, of course you have to have acting skills. Good grief, I'm not just a horndog. I just care about someone looking the role and having the acting as well (like most people). I will go ahead and take back my comment of "Gal Gadot just isn't that attractive." Yes, she is. Is she attractive enough to be Wonder Woman? I don't know.

well im making a demand. starting now and in the future nobody can demand they want a unknown because who ever it will be you guys will bitch whine moan complain. regardless. you say you want this you get it and still arent happy.

Fallen_Crippled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallen_crippled said:

@tazzmission said:

@fallen_crippled said:

@tazzmission said:

@fallen_crippled said:

well im making a demand. starting now and in the future nobody can demand they want a unknown because who ever it will be you guys will bitch whine moan complain. regardless. you say you want this you get it and still arent happy.

The thing is, I never said I wanted an unknown.....

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tazzmission said:

@fallen_crippled said:

@tazzmission said:

@fallen_crippled said:

@tazzmission said:

@fallen_crippled said:

it wasnt just to you its to everyone who said it wether its on this site or all over the net. im just at a point where im tired of seeing fans being so greedy and throw a piss fit when they get what they ask for. and basicly trash the actors or the directors or writters.

Fallen_Crippled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#419  Edited By Fallen_Crippled

@fallen_crippled said:

@tazzmission said:

@fallen_crippled said:

@tazzmission said:

@fallen_crippled said:

@tazzmission said:

@fallen_crippled said:

it wasnt just to you its to everyone who said it wether its on this site or all over the net. im just at a point where im tired of seeing fans being so greedy and throw a piss fit when they get what they ask for. and basicly trash the actors or the directors or writters.

Now I get that. The only thing I complained about was her being flat-chested, but trust me I can get over that lol. I guess I need to watch whatever Fast & Furious movie she was in to get a feel of her acting. Of course she will get a physical trainer to bulk up for the role, so I'm sure we will see a transformation. Either way, they will get my money.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallen_crippled:

So, you're saying a flat chested woman can't be a sex symbol now? And like I said on a previous page, good luck finding a real woman with adequate proportions to fit the comic wonder woman

Fallen_Crippled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: I understand that there is probably no perfect woman to play Wonder Woman. I'm just going to wait for Gal Gadot to prove me wrong. I want her to. I just don't think physically she can be Wonder Woman. Not too sure if a flat chested woman can be a sex symbol... how many do you know of?

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: I understand that there is probably no perfect woman to play Wonder Woman. I'm just going to wait for Gal Gadot to prove me wrong. I want her to. I just don't think physically she can be Wonder Woman. Not too sure if a flat chested woman can be a sex symbol... how many do you know of?

Off the top of my head..........pretty much every single model in Victorias secret

Fallen_Crippled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#423  Edited By Fallen_Crippled

@fallen_crippled said:

Off the top of my head..........pretty much every single model in Victorias secret

True with that. But that is because they are overly skinny. You can't be Wonder Woman and look like you're malnourished. I just think Gal Gadot's figure is straight up and down. No hips or breasts. Am I saying you have to have them to be sexy? Hell no, but Wonder Woman has them and she is usually known for them.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#424  Edited By buttersdaman000

@fallen_crippled:

Wonder Woman is not known by her T&A, Power Girl is. Wonder Woman is known for being a strong female, and you don't need big breast and booty for that.

FernandoGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided

ALEXANDRA DADDARIO- Percy Jackson's actress. My Perfect choice for Wonder Woman because she have talent, natural beauty, and look alike of the character.

mfundo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She is beautiful the way she is. But girlfriend needs to beef up, seriously.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17 said:

I hope she bulks up some, but her voice really works for this film. Well, glade they finally settled the matter, now make a good Wonder Woman, best studying from Messner-Loebs' run or pre-crisis Wonder Woman, with issue 168 of volume 1.

LOL,to make a good wonder woman movie they better not based it on messner-loebs,perez is the perfect choise.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

I don't have a single problem with this cast and I am actually happy that an actress which I like is cast to be Wonder Woman.I am not seeing her as Diana yet but it's the same thing for me with Affleck as well.

sasquatch888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#429  Edited By sasquatch888

@fodigg said:

@sasquatch888 said:

@crom_cruach said:

She's a terrible actress, a terrible choice and this is just bad news. Things were looking positive but this is definitively not good news. Why couldn't they get an actress with actual talent to play Diana or at least look like her. Like this actress:

No Caption Provided

wow now that looks like wonder woman ...who is that

?

That is Lynn Collins, as Dejah Thoris from John Carter. She was pretty solid in that and yes she looks the part.

In the Princess of Mars novels, Dejah Thoris was essentially a damsel in distress and exotic princess on a planet where everyone is naked all the time, meaning she only wears jewelry. The "good martians" are also brightly red skinned, adding a whole "Indian maiden" thing to the mix that has unfortunate implications. Most modern interpretations, including Disney's film, remake her by putting her in a chainmail bikini and making her a space-chickwarrior. So the whole thing was basically Wonder Woman of Mars.

She definitely would've done an excellent job, but that doesn't mean Gal Gadot can't as well.

damn she should have been wonder woman

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tazzmission said:

@fallen_crippled said:

@tazzmission said:

@fallen_crippled said:

@tazzmission said:

@fallen_crippled said:

@tazzmission said:

@fallen_crippled said:

Now I get that. The only thing I complained about was her being flat-chested, but trust me I can get over that lol. I guess I need to watch whatever Fast & Furious movie she was in to get a feel of her acting. Of course she will get a physical trainer to bulk up for the role, so I'm sure we will see a transformation. Either way, they will get my money.

she is in fast 4 5 and 6. you dont have to watch the first 3

JBBuc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#431  Edited By JBBuc

@jbbuc said:

As if Ben Afleck wasn't bad enough, they cast a blow-pop as Wonder Woman! Look, this girl is very pretty and all but I didn't buy her as a bad ass in the Fast movies so I am definitely NOT on board with her as WW! I think most of the suggestions on this thread would have been better choices.

Although, after scrolling through 5 pages it seems I was alone in wanting Gina Carano as Wonder Woman. I thought Haywire was pretty much a WW audition tape. Gina has the right size and build, she's pretty, every bit the actress as this chick AND has instant credibility as a fighter. Anyone?

No Caption Provided

ugh NO.. First of all, she doesnt have the face of wonder woman.. Her acting chops are pretty bad as well and she's kinda short, dont you think?..

No Caption Provided

Dont get me wrong.. I like gina as well! She's got great moves and it's a joy to watch her fight but she's no wonder woman my friend :)

All in the eye of the beholder, I guess. Gina is definitely prettier than Gina, but I would give Gina the nod in every other category, including acting. Gina would be my first choice, but there are probably a dozen actresses that I would rather see as WW than Gal Gadot.

Then again, there are a dozen actors I'd rather see as Batman than Ben Afleck, so maybe I should just stay away from the movie.

YouRight12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had my reaction already now I'm more concerned with how they're gonna treat the wonder woman character. She better not be Bruce Wanye's arm candy WW deserves more than that. As a Supes fan I wanted MOS to be great, sadly it was just decent. I wanted the sequal to expand on the first one and make a better movie, develop Clark Kent's character as well as Superman ect.. Then they added Batman now after excepting that I have to except Wonder Woman in the movie as well? I'm glad WB has the balls to actually put Wonder Woman on the bigscreen but I would rather It be in her own movie not a so called "Man of Steel sequal" I'm not gonna lie like everyone else and say I'm not gonna see the movie without even seeing a single trailer.

Avatar image for scarletwitchfever
    ScarletWitchFever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 10

Now we just need to get Idris Elba locked for a John Stewart/Green Lantern cameo.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

WB introduced Hal. Next should be Guy, not John.

I understand that there are a lot of JLU fans, but I'm hoping they stick to actual comic material.

As for Gal, I'm glad they picked someone non-American, but they could've picked someone with the ability to put on the right amount of muscle mass. Even if she bulks up, it won't be a lot just because of her body type. Amazon thighs are strong enough to crush a man's skull. I'm pretty disappointed that they chose someone with a model physique.

When and if Diana does get a movie, I hope they cast Lucy Lawless as Hippolyta since, in her younger years, she would've been perfect for the role of Wonder Woman.

sasquatch888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

its possible maybe just a personal trainer to bulk up and a push up bra

sasquatch888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

ALEXANDRA DADDARIO- Percy Jackson's actress. My Perfect choice for Wonder Woman because she have talent, natural beauty, and look alike of the character.

wow amazing choice

Leatherface003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#436  Edited By Leatherface003

Wonder Woman movie is a dream for all DC fans including me..But honestly this is unexpected.No offence Gal is great but i don't know if she has all it takes to be Wonder Woman.WW is one of the major character in DC and arguably the most sexy gorgeous and powerful woman in comic book history but looking at Gal i m not that much convinced. But i am excited though..Don't have lot faith in gal but I have faith in Zack Snyder.If he picked her may be there is some reason.Maybe he can pull out some hollywood magic but whatever happens if it works out its gonna be Epic.DC trinity together.. man that's huge..much more than Avengers no offense to marvel fan guys...I loved it..But this is something everyone is being waiting for a long time.by the way i think Megan Fox is also a good choice.

No Caption Provided

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#437  Edited By TazzMission

@scarletwitchfever said:

@captain13 said:

Now we just need to get Idris Elba locked for a John Stewart/Green Lantern cameo.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

WB introduced Hal. Next should be Guy, not John.

I understand that there are a lot of JLU fans, but I'm hoping they stick to actual comic material.

As for Gal, I'm glad they picked someone non-American, but they could've picked someone with the ability to put on the right amount of muscle mass. Even if she bulks up, it won't be a lot just because of her body type. Amazon thighs are strong enough to crush a man's skull. I'm pretty disappointed that they chose someone with a model physique.

When and if Diana does get a movie, I hope they cast Lucy Lawless as Hippolyta since, in her younger years, she would've been perfect for the role of Wonder Woman.

i would prefer john over guy but sadly they will throw hal in just because he sells the book and fans ride him like no tomorrow. im pro john stewart since to me at least hes very under developed. as a white guy it did irk me a bit that its always the black guy that is the one to kill 2 planets with a sniper rifle and go on trial and be found guilty. youd think by now someone like john who was a architect and marine would be written better. i jumped off gl around issue 10 during the new 52 so i havent really been reading since

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#438  Edited By Gracetrack

@backflip said:

Do I like the fact she's unknown? Yes.

Is she a good actress? No idea.

Is she gorgeous? Yes.

Does she have the physique to be Wonder Woman? At this moment no. She best get a personal trainer.

Avatar image for cherryultrasuedetups
    cherryultrasuedetups

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow. You guys are harsh for the most part. She's got talent. She definitely is gorgeous. AND WW doesn't really have to be HAWT for her to be a good WW.

ScottyHawkeye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 122

since when did Wonder Woman get a role in Batman & Superman

Queso6p4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 21

#441  Edited By Queso6p4

@xchaix said:

I just don't see her has having the presence or physique to pull of wonder woman. Look at her body type in that shot.

Agreed.

@backflip said:

Well let's be honest, she's not Jaimie Alexander, so she was never going to live up to my expectation.

Do I like the fact she's unknown? Yes.

Is she a good actress? No idea.

Is she gorgeous? NO.

Does she have the physique to be Wonder Woman? At this moment no. She best get a personal trainer.

Most definitely.

Gritz217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How many times has the comic community freaked out over a casting decision? Pretty much very single time. And how many times have we been completely flat out wrong when the movie came out? Pretty much every single time.

We don't even know the story of the movie and we have yet to see any photos or trailers. Can people sit down, shut the f**k up, and WAIT before making a snap judgement? We look stupid every time we do this.

Avatar image for vincent_valjean
    Vincent_Valjean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After looking at her again she looks the role,but her body doesn't but that won't be a probably.Idk why,but deep down inside I want WarnerBros to fail.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

I THOUGHT this movie was about Superman and Batman.

deadpool25mm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, she's from Isreal? Oh boy. This could be bad. In terms of her reception. The media might focus on that.

So is natalie portman..., + many actors are Jewish or half Jew. dont listen to the media ;).

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#447  Edited By dshipp17

@gokuwarrior said:

@dshipp17 said:

LOL,to make a good wonder woman movie they better not based it on messner-loebs,perez is the perfect choise.

You seem to love attacking Messner-Loebs with these bare statements concerning his Wonder Woman run, even though he's published more post-crisis Wonder Woman material than any other post-crisis Wonder Woman writer. Although you gave debatable material against John Byrne's run, you've given no such objective misgivings about Messner-Loebs' run. I'd debate objective citings against Messner-Loebs' run all day, everyday, but there's nothing there for me, if it's just subjective opinions repeated every time the opportunity presents itself to bring those opinions into a discussion.

Avatar image for kalinabstoicheva
    KalinaBStoicheva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I don't think she fits but we'll see

69ballzdeep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#449  Edited By 69ballzdeep

@thebhramabull: Avengers money? Ha! Bats vs Sups wont even make IM3 money.

TheBhramaBull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#450  Edited By TheBhramaBull

@thebhramabull: Avengers money? Ha! Bats vs Sups wont even make IM3 money.

TDK and TDKR both made a billion dollars and neither had 3D. So yes, I'm pretty sure it will make avengers money.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.