Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8805 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

"Fans" don't really care about a movie

Heratu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Heratu

So I was perusing the interwebs for WW stuff, and soon became disgusted upon reading the content of an IGN article. The article itself, which discussed why the Perez run should be the template for a film, was actually fairly well written. The comments however were a far different story, as they resulted in my vomiting and uncontrollable defecation for the next seven hours. The first comment discussed the same sentiment that becomes prevalent in EVERY OTHER THREAD ONLINE CONCERNING ww: lol shee nedes teh bigg titays!!!! staur spaengulled thaung!!!" and other dumb frat boy bullcrap that makes me ashamed to have male anatomy. And the sad part is that these are so called fans. Another thing I hate is how "fans" praise the 2009 animated movie, but criticize the Azzarello version for being out of character. What? Diana in the 2009 movie was a pompous female dog who sounded like a mouthpiece for feminazi liberal propaganda, and Ares was so weak that you'd have thought Bruce Timm was writing it. Fans don't care about taking care of the character and being accurate, they only care about how "spankable" the actress is and how much they want to have pre-marital sex with her. They don't care about showing the seemingly paradoxical and contrasting nature of the peace loving warriors called the Amazons. They only care about looking "badass" and such. And yet they call MOS soulless? I just.......I just don't even.............

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

QQ harder next time newbie.

kriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By kriminal

this is dumb. Wonder woman looking sexy would be good for a movie. how would you like a batman movie with a cheesy batsuit?

there are always going to be the sorry fans who don't recognize the plot. But they are easily spotted. remember how many people loved transformers 3?

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
    youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

One of the things that I've learned about the internet over the years is that if you want to have a serious discussion on a topic or if you want to read mature, well-thought-out opinions on something, do not go to a comment section on articles because chances are you won't find it and you'll only end up getting angry.

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SCORPIO_CASSADINE
    No Caption Provided

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wheres the link to the IGN article. By the way I think people like the structure of the animated film more than the all of its execution. It did a great job of stream lining her mythos. Giving her a villian that could easily be made much better. (Ares was too weak, narrow and one-dimensional in my opinion as well, but still I liked where the character in future can be taken and he easily made for as good a foil for WW as Lex is to Supes and Joker is to Batman) As for Azzerello, I´d have the 2009 animated film over his run as a movie any day of the weak. WW was supposed to be flawed in the movie and learn to grow out of her ignorance. However for me, somewhere between the origin story told in the 70s show, the animated film (but less femi-nazi as you put it), Rucka and Simones run (especially the Alkyone ark) and Azzerrelo´s new horror take on WW mythology, there is a perfect, dare I say brilliant WW film to be made. Someone has to take all the best elements of these runs and sythesize them, because between them, there´s an epic story to be told.

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As far as the casting goes, we're looking for the right look, talent and a compatible personality. Showing "the seemingly paradoxical and contrasting nature of the peace loving warriors" is within the screenwriter's responsibilities

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just remind the big boob fan boys that she should only have one.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By Yung ANcient One

Agreed.(+)

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
    deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I just remind the big boob fan boys that she should only have one.

This might annoy you, but that's a myth and has been proven as such. The idea Amazons cut off a boob for better archery skills was a story told by parents to their daughters to make them not want to join up with the female warriors. Still a cool idea though and something they could play with in stories.

I just want this actor to be good at acting. Looks wise, if she's working at developing her fighting skills then she's going to be fantastic on screen.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She doesn't need a movie. I'm not against her having one but its not necessary

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@jayc1324:

I disagree, for the long-term secured popularity of the character and to gain new fans and hopefully potential readers of her comics, I think a movie is essential. A lot of WW fans today like me, only got to know about her due to the TV series with Lynda Carter, a great film could do so much more!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.