Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8805 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Everyone who criticizes Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman

ComicNerd105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Everyone I mean EVERYONE should watch this video if people still criticize Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

not gonna watch, but I am for Gal, she looks good.

Agent008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I stopped watching when she was arguing that Wonder Woman has been depicted in the past in traditional ancient Greek armor and then proceeded to show images of Donna Troy and Hippolyta.

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TheBlondeGod

At first, I do not agree or liking the idea of her portraying Wonder Woman. Simply because they do not follow her looks. I mean Diana's eyes are mesmerizing but then when they released the image during SDCC 2014 I was dumbstruck. She looks good, but what people need to understand why there are some who criticize her, are the ff.:

1. Her Costume, it clearly does not follow what WW we've seen.
    2. Acting, this is WW we're watching. Every action is no joke.
    3. Role, we do not know what her role would be or I am, I don't understand what her role would be. Will she be the one who will stop the tension between Supes and Bats, or just a plain cameo at the end wherein DC Trinity forming an alliance called JL.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By Fallschirmjager

1. From an acting perspective there's a lot to criticize.

2. From a looks perspective, people are highly, highly reaching.

3. This is the WW forum. You will never find a thread where everyone is happy.

At the end of the day, all you can do is hope for the best. Great actors have given terrible performances and bad actors have given legendary performances. Anything can happen. Unless you're wishing for her to fail (and doing so for anyone in any movie is pathetic) all you can do is hope for the best.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

She looks good! That's all I can say.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Costume looks good. Just wish she was thicker

Beata

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Costume is colorless and she is too skinny and has no acting credentials. There's a lot to criticize actually. Not every opinion will be positive. I do hope she does good because I want a good justice league movie but people will always complain, and she has a lot of reasons for people to.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By CaptainMarvel4Ever  Online

Other then a lack of color it looks pretty good. After failing with GL and Superman's outfits I'm glad WB is getting better at this.

Madflavor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman is the most iconic female Superhero in the world, and the role was given to an unproven actress who's show that's she nothing more than merely "acceptable" in performance, in what little roles she was given. It's no surprise the vast majority of people thought this was a terrible casting choice.

DianaXKal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My problem is that she doesn't look like Wonder Woman. I don't like the costume they went with either.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

I'm surprised people are criticizing the colors of the costume. For one thing, it's really nitpicky; Batman's movie costumes have looked about as far away from the comics as this costume does from Wonder Woman comics. More importantly, the image looks like it has been out through a color filter to bring on the bronze color tones to me. I suspect her costume will have a little more color in the movie.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Loading Video...

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
    youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

The only problem that I have with Gal Gadot's WW has nothing to do with her but rather her costume seems to lack color, I don't know why Snyder feels that superhero costumes need to be made with a dull-color palette.

I really think people need to pay more attention to how WW will end up being written rather than Gal Gadot's performance because I actually think that she is a very good choice for Diana, but if the character isn't written well, it won't matter. Is Gal Gadot the best actress in the world, no but neither are Henry Cavill, Chris Hemsworth, 90% of the cast of Arrow and while Scarlett Johannson has acting talent, she hasn't brought a whole lot to the Black Widow role.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm only skeptical of her acting ability. She's not bad, and she did fine in the F&F movies....but on screen with Cavil and Affleck? Her acting weaknesses will be all the more noticeable. Hopefully Snyder knows what he's doing.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

To lazy to spend 10 mins on a strangers vid, but ill definetly reserve judgement until I actually see her in action.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By dernman  Online

I see two video's trying to make a case for how Gal Gadot would be good for the role instead convincing me further that she's not.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.