earth one wonder woman origin

#1 Edited by darknightspideyfanboy (1266 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by MrShway88 (655 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't this story an elseworld? Changes are expected. As long as the story is good, who cares. Another thing you learn from the podcast is that Morrison has done his homework on the character and her creator.

#3 Posted by Sinisteri (550 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking forward to it. This book should be good. One shot, non canon stories are allowed to veer away from the mainstream elements.

#4 Posted by dmessmer (365 posts) - - Show Bio

This all sounds interesting to me. The only enraging part of it all for me was that they don't yet have a release date.

#5 Posted by jphulk26 (1332 posts) - - Show Bio

@dmessmer said:

This all sounds interesting to me. The only enraging part of it all for me was that they don't yet have a release date.

DIto.

#6 Edited by drgnx (3564 posts) - - Show Bio

Also, Wonder Woman will have "dozens of costumes," and in this new origin, will no longer be formed from clay. (Morrison said that aspect of that character was "creepy" and made her "too remote.")

Interesting ... guess he is not very religious!

With regards to his religious beliefs, Morrison identifies himself as a practicing Chaos magician. In addition to his magickal beliefs and practices, Morrison's belief system incorporate a number of esoteric beliefs. See, for example, his interview here:

Guess not

#7 Edited by Sinisteri (550 posts) - - Show Bio

Funny, gods turn people to spiders and bring inanimate objects to life on whims, but the clay thing is creepy. Is this the same man who gave me the painting that ate Paris.lol

That Morrison. Love him

#8 Posted by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh god, he's bringing back Kangas...............................................................................................

Also, apparently Diana Prince, too..................................

FFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

#9 Edited by darknightspideyfanboy (1266 posts) - - Show Bio

@sinisteri:@jphulk26: lol how accepting you guys are lol also this a vid on how i felt when i read your comments lol jk btw

#10 Posted by drgnx (3564 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh god, he's bringing back Kangas...............................................................................................

You hate them that much?

#11 Posted by lilben42 (2545 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh no Diana Prince? Worst name ever.

#12 Posted by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by toplel (917 posts) - - Show Bio

@lilben42: While I do agree with you, Morrison might just make it seem less stupid and actually develop her identity well.

#14 Posted by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2243 posts) - - Show Bio

That stuff just needs to go away.

#15 Posted by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by dmessmer (365 posts) - - Show Bio

@jointron33 said:

That stuff just needs to go away.

It's always funny to me that so many people get upset when there are changes to a character, and yet so many people also get upset at a character's origin. These were both parts of Marston's original version of the character, and I don't mind them. Sure, they set a pretty obvious type of tone - hard to do a gritty, realistic take on the character if she's riding Kangas, but in the right hands these elements can still work. Darwyn Cooke, for instance, did a great job of using the invisible plane in New Frontier, even though, on the surface, the invisible plane is a pretty silly concept.

#17 Posted by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio

@dmessmer: the invisible plane is dumb as hell

#18 Posted by longbowhunter (7091 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd be more keen on this if Didio had let Rucka do it as originally planned.

#19 Posted by dmessmer (365 posts) - - Show Bio

@dmessmer: the invisible plane is dumb as hell

Usually, I agree. But have you read New Frontier? It was pretty awesome in that book. I thought it worked in the Wonder Woman animated movie, too. And if a writer is portraying the character in a certain tone it has its place. Plus, how can we hate something that gave us priceless moments like this:

#20 Posted by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio

@dmessmer: y would she need it if she can fly?

#21 Edited by Akindoodle (1021 posts) - - Show Bio

@jointron33: because she couldn't fly originally

That aside, I'm excited about this but I'd love if they did a Rucka version as well. Why not let her have TWO elseworld books? Supes and Bats have dozens

#22 Posted by darknightspideyfanboy (1266 posts) - - Show Bio

@jointron33: it would be interesting if she needed at the beginning cause she didn't know how to fly and when she does learn how to fly she gives the plane to Trevor

#23 Posted by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by drgnx (3564 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio

ugh.................

Ok Azzarello haters, imagine a Wonder Woman story with the current creative team, but with Perez era continuity (except for Steve as the love interest).

#26 Edited by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.